Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

I can't wait for the comparisons in ten years showing Obama in a tan suit, Biden falling up stairs, and Trump with shit paper stuck to his foot going up stairs, and the question is "who did their biggest scandal best"

edit - i think it's obviously the black dude. he stylish as fuk

Edited by cam4mav

Peter Griffin stuff cracks me up.  

Funny? It might be the biggest scandal of the past 50 years. 

Who do I contact to change my vote? If I knew Joe Biden was 78 years old and a little clumsy and misspeaks and might forget a name, I def would have voted for Trump instead. 

hey, at least you're not overreacting to an internet joke or anything.  

15 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It would be funnier to me if he wasn't an ancient man. Old people falling is more sad than funny.

But it's kind of funny anyway.

This is me. My first response is not to laugh or make a political point, but to feel sorry for an old man and time’s unrelenting march on us all.

11 minutes ago, GRHorn said:
siri, what do you call a policy where people are allowed illegally across borders without documentation or repercussions?

We call that the American way.  Just like it says on the Statue of Liberty -- "don't be a dick".

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

siri, what do you call a policy where people are allowed illegally across borders without documentation or repercussions?

I’d like someone, not you because we know you can’t, to explain what exactly the perceived negatives of immigration are supposed to even be. 

So, open borders it is then, eh? Good, bad or indifferent, wherever you politically lie, this is de facto open border then, right?

It seems as if the wonks behind the scenes crunched the data and said it’s better for the base and optimal vote path says to release rather than keep housing without the capacity to and continue the equivalency optics of what Obama started and Trump made worse. The math checks out to me; seems like good politics.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

17 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’d like someone, not you because we know you can’t, to explain what exactly the perceived negatives of immigration are supposed to even be. 

The biggest one that comes to mind, and should be relevant to significant portions of Biden’s electorate, is by increasing the supply of cheap labor they reduce the wages of our working class population that is here legally. 

Also, against the backdrop of COVID, allowing thousands of potential new carriers through our open borders and turning them loose is careless at best. 

It’s also laughable that they use COVID as an excuse for not allowing reporters to visit sites, but aren’t doing anything to deter spread of the virus across the border. Dems lean hard towards locking down everywhere except at the border. Usual political hypocrisy.

Those two came to mind first. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

So, open borders it is then, eh? Good, bad or indifferent, wherever you politically lie, this is de facto open border then, right?

It seems as if the wonks behind the scenes crunched the data and said it’s better for the base and optimal vote path says to release rather than keep housing without the capacity to and continue the equivalency optics of what Obama started and Trump made worse. The math checks out to me; seems like good politics.

That is what it is. Although the smart people here denied that. 

If the politics of it were so good, they would be transparent about it. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

That is what it is. Although the smart people here denied that. 

If the politics of it were so good, they would be transparent about it. 

The politics are good in the sense that the situation is a dilemma in that there is no great answer and this is the best of two not good options, politically.

I’ve been more or less impressed with the Dems making the “right” call whenever they run into dilemma situations or where there’s not obvious right answers. They obviously have professionals and folks who are looking at data at all times and having good political discipline. 

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The biggest one that comes to mind, and should be relevant to significant portions of Biden’s electorate, is by increasing the supply of cheap labor they reduce the wages of our working class population that is here legally. 

Also, against the backdrop of COVID, allowing thousands of potential new carriers through our open borders and turning them loose is careless at best. 

It’s also laughable that they use COVID as an excuse for not allowing reporters to visit sites, but aren’t doing anything to deter spread of the virus across the border. Dems lean hard towards locking down everywhere except at the border. Usual political hypocrisy.

You really are a horrible human being.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Except that in no way has been proven true and is a source of wide disagreement among those who study this. It also ignores that illegal immigrants and citizens generally are not competeting for the same jobs.

And this is just fear mongering especially since this state doesn’t care about uncontrolled spread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The 30 Most Important Things You Learn At Uni - My Baggage Blog

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Man all those immigrants taking those high paying jobs like fruit picking, cleaning, and construction in the 100 degree heat. 

Look, we all know an undocumented immigrant would make a much better doctor, covid commentator, and internet troll than GR Horn. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 3/20/2021 at 10:34 AM, Shady Ray said:

Basically, it's a strip of land in Moldova on the Ukrainian border that is essentially lawless. What law they do have is enforced by Russian-loyalists and the region is one of the major hubs of all things illicit in Europe. Russian troops that were there during the Soviet days just never left and I doubt anything will change anytime soon on that front.  

Guns, human trafficking, drugs, knock-off Adidas track suits...you name it, they are all run through Transnistria, and coincidentally, transactions of such a nature will also be brokered by men in knock-off Adidas track suits. Its a real gem of Europe. 

Username checks out.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

They aren't being allowed across without documentation or repercussion. This is a dishonest representation of it.

The vast, vast majority of these people will show up for their asylum hearings. These people are not like your compatriots who stormed Washington then tried to hide from the police.

https://www.vox.com/2020/1/10/21059924/trump-asylum-seekers-show-up-court-hearing

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Here is an answer/clarification regarding the situation regarding whether people are being released w/o court date. Second tweet on the bottom.

Also for the open borders crowd, both Joe Biden and Alejandro Mayorkas have said the border is closed, do not come here.

So unsure how “the border is closed” = OPEN BORDERS BIDEN!!

I'll bet someone $5 that GR is going to come back and divert the conversation based on some other post like 6th Street's rather than acknowledge the fact that several posters have now shown him that this isn't just an open spigot of immigration, that they all have court dates and 99% of them will show up.

Edited by BradInATX

4 hours ago, BradInATX said:

I'll bet someone $5 that GR is going to come back and divert the conversation based on some other post like 6th Street's rather than acknowledge the fact that several posters have now shown him that this isn't just an open spigot of immigration, that they all have court dates and 99% of them will show up.

What he and his fellow Republican trolls have not quite grasped yet is that nobody gives a shit about what they post or complain about. Their bitching does nothing except confirm their dipshit bases already preconceived notions. It affects nothing.

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's incredibly disingenuous to support opening up the state but scream about the very small number of covid-positive immigrants crossing the border.

Wheels, I'm talking to you, and your buddy @GRHorn.

I’m for loosening restrictions on our lawful citizens here. 

Do we actually know the numbers of Covid positive coming in?

5 hours ago, BradInATX said:

They aren't being allowed across without documentation or repercussion. This is a dishonest representation of it.

The vast, vast majority of these people will show up for their asylum hearings. These people are not like your compatriots who stormed Washington then tried to hide from the police.

https://www.vox.com/2020/1/10/21059924/trump-asylum-seekers-show-up-court-hearing

5 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Thanks for sharing that vox column from 2020. What started the conversation was the recent change in  policy from the Biden administration that was reported by GQP outlet NBC News. You know, the one that said they are being released without court dates. 

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Also for the open borders crowd, both Joe Biden and Alejandro Mayorkas have said the border is closed, do not come here.

So unsure how “the border is closed” = OPEN BORDERS BIDEN!!

Actions speak louder than words, bubba. 

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

A couple points here. 

1) Thanks for sharing the most recent data from, let me check my notes here, January 2021. Nothing has changed since then. 

2) The country is different now than it was then. Our manufacturing and working class have been hollowed out further over the last 15 years. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’m for loosening restrictions on our lawful citizens here. 

Do we actually know the numbers of Covid positive coming in?

Thanks for sharing that vox column from 2020. What started the conversation was the recent change in  policy from the Biden administration that was reported by GQP outlet NBC News. You know, the one that said they are being released without court dates. 

Actions speak louder than words, bubba. 

A couple points here. 

1) Thanks for sharing the most recent data from, let me check my notes here, January 2021. Nothing has changed since then. 

2) The country is different now than it was then. Our manufacturing and working class have been hollowed out further over the last 15 years. 

Thanks for just dropping the points you made earlier about why immigration even matters. No surprise that you just move on rather than attempt to defend your arguments. It’s almost as though you posted bullshit not based on fact and expected us to believe you. 

7 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I’ve been more or less impressed with the Dems making the “right” call whenever they run into dilemma situations or where there’s not obvious right answers. They obviously have professionals and folks who are looking at data at all times and having good political discipline. 

Or maybe they're human beings who haven't sold their souls to some corporate entity or the Trump Organization?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

So NBC was wrong. In this case they were wrong supporting something you wanted to be outraged about and you ate it up and didn't fact check it despite you constantly droning on about the media. Huh.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Thanks for just dropping the points you made earlier about why immigration even matters. No surprise that you just move on rather than attempt to defend your arguments. It’s almost as though you posted bullshit not based on fact and expected us to believe you. 

I said that when the supply of labor is increased it lowers the cost of that labor, specifically on the lower paying end of the spectrum. You said that assertion was a “wide source of disagreement”. So not disproved or proven. Great, so we get to have a source off where nobody is convinced. 

You also said “illegal immigrants and citizens generally are not competeting for the same jobs.” 

So would you say that there is some competition for between illegal immigrants and citizens for the same jobs?

• Fuck You 1