Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

16 hours ago, BradInATX said:

So NBC was wrong. In this case they were wrong supporting something you wanted to be outraged about and you ate it up and didn't fact check it despite you constantly droning on about the media. Huh.

How was NBC wrong? They’re saying there has been a recent change in policy. Your article citing 99% of asylum seekers showing up to court was under a different framework.

Although if you release people without court dates I guess they don’t have dates to miss. That’ll help keep the numbers up. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I said that when the supply of labor is increased it lowers the cost of that labor, specifically on the lower paying end of the spectrum. You said that assertion was a “wide source of disagreement”. So not disproved or proven. Great, so we get to have a source off where nobody is convinced.

You also said “illegal immigrants and citizens generally are not competeting for the same jobs.” 

So would you say that there is some competition for between illegal immigrants and citizens for the same jobs?

Remove illegal immigrants from the workforce, and, outside the service sector, you'd end up with a lot more jobs moved overseas or to Mexico. And they'd probably take the front line managers and workers who are US citizens with them.

13 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

How was NBC wrong? They’re saying there has been a recent change in policy. Your article citing 99% of asylum seekers showing up to court was under a different framework.

Although if you release people without court dates I guess they don’t have dates to miss. That’ll help keep the numbers up. 

It was literally rebutted like four posts after yours.

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I said that when the supply of labor is increased it lowers the cost of that labor, specifically on the lower paying end of the spectrum. You said that assertion was a “wide source of disagreement”. So not disproved or proven. Great, so we get to have a source off where nobody is convinced. 

You also said “illegal immigrants and citizens generally are not competeting for the same jobs.” 

So would you say that there is some competition for between illegal immigrants and citizens for the same jobs?

Sure, there is some. It's obviously not enough to satisfy demand for undocumented workers. 

infrastructure week a comin'

White House officials are preparing to present President Biden with a roughly $3 trillion infrastructure and jobs package that includes high-profile domestic policy priorities such as free community college and universal prekindergarten, according to three people familiar with internal discussions.

After completing the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package this month, Biden administration officials are piecing together the next major legislative priority. Although no final announcement has been made, the White House is expected to push a multitrillion-dollar jobs and infrastructure plan as the centerpiece of the president’s “Build Back Better” agenda.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/03/22/infrastructure-biden-drug-reform/

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
On 3/22/2021 at 11:33 AM, GRHorn said:
siri, what do you call a policy where people are allowed illegally across borders without documentation or repercussions?

God, you are a fucking beating.

Yep and so is GRHorn

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Community college and pre-k are not normally what I think of as infrastructure, but sure, I guess.

Maybe not physical infrastructure, but they’re certainly soft infrastructure that supports a functional, prosperous society
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Maybe not physical infrastructure, but they’re certainly soft infrastructure that supports a functional, prosperous society

I would agree with this. I am 1000 percent behind including that in an infrastructure bill. The pre-k is the more important of the two educationally, but they are both needed. Go and get the bill passed and keep the bills coming. 

On 3/22/2021 at 11:33 AM, GRHorn said:
siri, what do you call a policy where people are allowed illegally across borders without documentation or repercussions?

Did you get an answer from siri?

It can't be "open borders", because in that case it wouldn't be illegal and there would be no infrastructure at all to capture immigrants in the first place.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Did you get an answer from siri?

It can't be "open borders", because in that case it wouldn't be illegal and there would be no infrastructure at all to capture immigrants in the first place.

I wouldn’t call it decriminalization either because it’s technically illegal on the books.

I guess it’s good old fashioned arcane law, like you can’t eat peanut butter on a Tuesday in Indianapolis and Fw:fw: did you know that a brother can’t legally mow his brothers lawn in the state of Arkansas!!

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I wouldn’t call it decriminalization either because it’s technically illegal on the books.

seeking asylum is neither criminal nor illegal.  overstaying your visa is illegal but is not criminal.  and that's how the vast majority of people who don't have status are in this country.  so, you wouldn't call it decriminalization because it's not decriminalization. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Check out this fucking snowflake:

I'm worried about some of them escaping and coming to my house and holding my family hostage until they get what they want or taking a vehicle. We are scared 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9389205/Angry-Texas-residents-tell-Biden-administration-housing-500-migrants-near-home.html

11 minutes ago, elfenix said:

seeking asylum is neither criminal nor illegal.  overstaying your visa is illegal but is not criminal.  and that's how the vast majority of people who don't have status are in this country.  so, you wouldn't call it decriminalization because it's not decriminalization. 

This is a very good point and distinction, that of criminal vs. illegal. It feels like a no-man's land politically where it is illegal, but there are no consequences (e.g. it's not criminal). I guess the Dems would say sway left and make it legal and the GOP would sway right and say add some teeth/punishment to the illegal act/technique by making it criminal. The stalemate is that it is illegal but that largely means nothing from a practical sense with those who are illegally aliens here.

Thanks for the post.

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I'm worried about some of them escaping and coming to my house and holding my family hostage until they get what they want or taking a vehicle. We are scared 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9389205/Angry-Texas-residents-tell-Biden-administration-housing-500-migrants-near-home.html

This is Texas, wouldn't they just use their 47 guns to shoot them? 

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

Of course. He doesn't know the rules of the beautiful game. He's Friday Night Lights or GTFO and so he sees a divide instead of a bridge.

Look out Maybel! There's some kids out thurrr over yonder kicking some sort of green ball around!!!!

On 3/23/2021 at 1:35 PM, BradInATX said:

It was literally rebutted like four posts after yours.

You’re saying the Psaki video does it? She says some migrants that have already been set for deportation, and therefore don’t need a court date, are being released without one.

That’s not the same thing as what the NBC news story is saying. They actually link one of these documents releasing someone with court date TBD. That didn’t debunk shit. 

I’m just glad that we’ve gone back to taking White House spokesperson’s word at face value. You can take what they say to the bank. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You’re saying the Psaki video does it? She says some migrants that have already been set for deportation, and therefore don’t need a court date, are being released without one.

That’s not the same thing as what the NBC news story is saying. They actually link one of these documents releasing someone with court date TBD. That didn’t debunk shit. 

That doesn’t even consider why someone that is selected for deportation would be released in our country.

TIL that an event that's TBD is actually not going to happen. I guess we canceled Texas Football past 2021 as well since those dates are all TBD.

This is the demographic that most uses phrases like snowflake, soy boy, and beta male lol
  • Hook 'Em 1

Journalists are complaining about access to the facilities; Biden is stating he doesn’t want to be the issue, wants to get the policies in place prior to allowing access, doesn’t know when that will be. 

I am torn on this, on the one hand, transparency is important; no doubt there. However, some of this crowding and some of these issues are long standing and now made worse by it being primarily children combined with COVID. Lastly, they are children, not creatures to be gawked at and clucked over. Getting them reunited with families on one side of the border or the other is imperative and doing so in a way that allows them safe harbor and dignity is a humanitarian cause no American should be against. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He’s not lost; he is thinking prior to speaking instead of making shit up. He’s not some used car salesperson that never shuts up while he’s selling you that lemon. 

Yeah.  But has he tried to sell malaria drugs or bleach injections as Covid cures yet?