Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

i don't like Joe Biden and i'm not a big fan of his, but dude this is fucking stupid

Painfully fucking stupid.

What is stupid about that BT? You don’t think to get your spot in line you have to be clear what you’re asking? Please. That level of control is intentional. 

• Fuck You 4

30 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This tweet honestly cracks me up. Even if everything this guy wants to be true is true--Biden's a puppet with dementia, and the evil liberals are pulling the strings--somehow reelecting the guy who, by all accounts, has spent the past 5 months lying, intimidating, panhandling, manipulating, and instigating is the less shameful option. What color is the sky in these people's worlds?

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Nobody that’s bringing it up wants Kamala. That’s what you’re missing. It’s just that obvious that Biden is slow. 

It seems like you most if not all of the PC closely. What would you consider was the toughest question he faced?

Well, given recent events perhaps this one:

Mr. President, sorry. I know you haven't had a chance to address the tragedies in Georgia and Colorado. You had said to stay tuned for actions that you might take on gun control. Wondering if you've made a decision either about sending the Manufacturer Liability Bill that you had promised on day one to Capitol Hill or executive actions like going after ghost guns or giving money to cities and states to battle gun control.

But he gave a soft answer and went into his next big thing, which happens tomorrow-the Infrastructure announcement he will make. His actual response was thus:

All the above. It's a matter of timing. As you've all observed, successful presidents, better than me, have been successful in large part because they know how to time what they're doing. Order it, decide and priorities, what needs to be done. The next major initiative is, and I'll be announcing it Friday in Pittsburgh in detail, is to rebuild the infrastructure, both physical and technological infrastructure of this country so that we can compete and create significant numbers of really good paying jobs.

One of the better question/replies concerned China. It's a topic with which he seems comfortable (and please do not read collusion or anything into that, he has worked with them as VP, something that other VPs have also been tasked to do during their tenure.) He was speaking off the cuff, and I think he realizes this relationship is going to be paramount or China is going to eat our shorts. You can't be a pushover, but you can't be isolationist or it will go very badly for the United States.

I'll spoiler that, but investment into our industries that compete with China is not a bad thing at all at all. China used to send their students here to study, and without going into some of the negatives of that regarding intellectual property, they have spent an enormous amount of money beefing up their science, engineering, and other related fields and it will not go well for us if we don't get off our laurels and get to work.

Here's the Q/A: ( I didn't check for mistakes/typos, so apologies in advance)

Spoiler

Q: Thanks, Mr. President, I wanted to ask about your relationship with China now that you've been in office for a couple of months. There's obviously the meeting in Alaska that was a little theatrical and there's the continued human rights abuses. So today I'm wondering are you more likely than you were when you came into office to maintain tariffs on China?

Are you considering banning imports of forced labor products? And would you consider cutting off US investment or Chinese access to international payment systems?

A:

Well, look, they're each specifically legitimate questions, but they only touch a smidgen of what the relationship with China really is about. I've known Xi Jinping for a long time. Allegedly by the time I left office as Vice President, I had spent more time with Xi Jinping than any world leader had because President Obama and the Chinese President Hu decided we should get to know one another since it was inappropriate for the president of United States to spend time with the vice president of another country, but it was obvious he was going to become the new leader of China.

So I spent hours upon hours with him alone with an interpreter, my interpreter and his, going into great detail. It's very, very straightforward. He doesn't have a democratic with a small-D bone in his body, but he's a smart, smart guy. He's one of the guys like Putin who thinks that autocracy is the wave of the future and democracy can't function in an ever complex world.

So when I was elected and he called to congratulate me, I think to the surprise of the China experts who were his people on the call as well as mine listening, we had a two hour conversation for two hours, and we made several things clear to one another. I made it clear to him again what I've told them in person on several occasions, that we're not looking for confrontation, although we know there will be steep, steep competition.

Two, that we'll have strong competition, but we'll insist the China play by the international rules, fair competition, fair practices, fair trade. Thirdly, in order to compete effectively, I indicated that we're going to deal with China effectively, and we're going to need three things to do that for our people.

First, we're going to invest in American workers and American science. I said that all through the campaign, I say it again, and I'm setting up my administration to be able to do that, which is that back in the '60s, we used to invest a little over 2% of our entire GDP in pure research and investment in science.

Today it's 0.7%. I'm going to change that. We're going to change that. The future lies in who can in fact own the future as it relates to technology, quantum computing, a whole range of things, including the medical fields. And so what I'm going to do is make sure we invest closer to 2%. One of the reasons why I've set up -- the president's board was scientists and the like, again, is we're going to invest in medical research, cancer, Alzheimer's, diabetes, industries of the future, artificial intelligence, quantum computing, biotech, and we're going to make real investments.

China is out-investing us by a long shot because their plan is to own that future. The second thing we're going to do is we're going to reestablish our alliances. And I've been very clear with him. It's not anti-Chinese. And we've talked about it. I want to make sure that, for example, later today, after this, and a matter of fact, shortly after this, which is fine, we've been going close to an hour, I'm happy to go longer, but one of the things that I'm going to be doing, I'm going to be speaking with 27 heads of state in Europe, and very shortly, I think within the next hour or so, I don't know the exact time.

And earlier this month, and apparently it got the Chinese attention, that's not why I did it, I met with our allies and how are we going to hold China accountable in the region, Australia, India, Japan, and the United States, the so-called quad, because we have to have democracies working together. Before too long, I'm going to have, I'm going to invite an alliance of democracies to come here to discuss the future.

And so we're going to make it clear that in order to deal with these things, we are going to hold China accountable to follow the rules, to follow the rules whether it relates to the South China Sea or the North China Sea or the agreement -- the South China Sea, or the North China Sea, or their agreement made on Taiwan or a whole range of other things.

And the third thing, and the thing that I admire about dealing with Xi is he understands, he makes no pretense about not understanding what I'm saying anymore I knew him. I pointed out to him, "No leader can be sustained in his position or her position unless they represent the values of the country." And I said, " Mr. President, as I've told you before, Americans value the notion of freedom, America values human rights. We don't always live up to our expectations, but there's a value system. We are founded on that principle. And as long as you and your country continues to so blatantly violate human rights, we are going to continue in an unrelenting way to call it to the attention of the world and make it clear, make it clear what's happening." And he understood that.

I made it clear that no American president, at least one did, but no American president had ever backed down from speaking out of what's happening in the Uyghurs, what's happening in Hong Kong. What's happening in-country. That's who we are. The moment a president walks away from that as the last one did, is the moment we began to lose all legitimacy around the world.

It's who we are. So I see stiff competition with China. China has an overall goal, and I don't criticize them for the goal, but they have an overall goal to become the leading country in the world, the wealthiest country in the world and the most powerful country in the world. That's not going to happen on my watch because United States is going to continue to grow and expand.

FOLLOW UP QUESTION:

Q:

All right, just to follow up on the meeting of democracy, is that where you expect in a multilateral way to make these decisions about sanctions or?

A:

No, that's not going to make the decision. That's where I make sure we're all on the same page. All on the same page. Look, I predict to you, your children or grandchildren are going to be doing their doctoral thesis on the issue of who succeeded autocracy or democracy, because that is what is at stake, not just with China, look around the world.

We're in the midst of a fourth industrial revolution of enormous consequence. Will there be middle class? How will people adjust to these significant changes in science and technology? The environment? How will they do that? And our democracy is equipped because all the people get to speak, to compete. It is clear, absolutely clear.

And most of the scholars I dealt with at Penn agree with me around the country, that this is a battle between the utility of democracies in the 21st century and autocracies. If you notice, you don't have Russia talking about communism anymore, it's about an autocracy. Demand decisions made by a leader of a country.

That's what's at stake here. We've got to prove democracy works.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Looks like he has a list of who to call on and what order. If you have that level of certainty then you know what you’re going to be asked. Is that normal? 

And yet he didn't get a single question about vaccines and COVID which he could have knocked out of the park. Need to get that script dialed in a little tighter next time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Whoa. You mean the president has the cash to afford faces to his seating chart?!

He's sharp that one.

The funny thing is a unique ability to politically savvy people is they can connect names and faces. Think every politician you’ve ever met. Or Mack Brown. It’s an innate skill almost necessary for rising to that position. Even GWB could manage it. But our President needs a mugshot lineup. I’m sure Joe never needed something like that when he’s trying to rip Clarence Thomas a new one.

Yeah he’s doing great guys. 

• Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

The funny thing is a unique ability to politically savvy people is they can connect names and faces. Think every politician you’ve ever met. Or Mack Brown. It’s an innate skill almost necessary for rising to that position. Even GWB could manage it. But our President needs a mugshot lineup. I’m sure Joe never needed something like that when he’s trying to rip Clarence Thomas a new one.

Polling says he’s crushing it regardless of parties. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

And face shots and numbers next to their name. Y’all are fucking wild. 

I wonder if Xi or Putin will give him the questions ahead of time. 

I’ve never felt better about my Biden bet. Whether I agree or not the military industrial complex will not allow this guy to portray such weakness for 4 years. Impossible. 

You're so ridiculous.

giphy.gif

We just had four years of the most mentally, physically, intellectually, and morally flawed president of the last century, at least, and you're sitting here poking at a man with a speech impediment and his seating chart.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Is that an ender?

You think he did poorly. Noted.

Thank you for your time. Be generous to the staff.

Thanks and come again.

15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

What is stupid about that BT? You don’t think to get your spot in line you have to be clear what you’re asking? Please. That level of control is intentional. 

presidential administrations always choose who they want to talk to the most. Biden didn't have the questions ahead of time, fucking hell

it's just a seating chart with a list of who they want him to call on

18 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Looks like he has a list of who to call on and what order. If you have that level of certainty then you know what you’re going to be asked. Is that normal? 

No, that is the same thing I would do if I had been out of office for several years (four) and the press pool had new people (it does) and I was trying to learn their names. I AM AWFUL at matching names and faces and sure, maybe politicians have that skill set, but like the former President, I noticed this one isn't wearing glasses either so your point comes across as reaching a little.

I mean, the former President was asking people, 'who are you with?' when he didn't like a question and the current President is (in no particular order)

Social distancing the attendees

Calling on them by name

Not calling them names

Listening to the question and then attempting to answer it, checking notes for specific numbers or speaking conversationally when none are needed

Was it perfect? No, but I do not believe there was prevarication or an attempt to deceive.

Do I wish he was about ten years younger? Yes, actually fifteen. But I do not regret my vote. At all. Donald Trump is a seditionist who attempted a coup and that is unforgivable. No matter what is said regarding the former President's speech and whether it was incitement, I heard it, I saw it, and witnessed the result and if every bit of the truth were to be known it would be evident that was the plan all along.

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Isn’t that the norm for new Presidents?

It must be so mortifying for you to support a guy whose approval never got above 50% even during the honeymoon period, making him far less popular than a man you believe belongs in the memory unit of a nursing home.

GRHorn: when you kick the bucket, can you request that your brain is donated to science like those old CTE football players?

Not trying to be rude, I just genuinely hope scientists are able to study what kind of brain defects lead to someone complaining about a fucking seating chart after the last four years we’ve all lived through.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

GRHorn: when you kick the bucket, can you request that your brain is donated to science like those old CTE football players?

Not trying to be rude, I just genuinely hope scientists are able to study what kind of brain defects lead to someone complaining about a fucking seating chart after the last four years we’ve all lived through.

The answer is pretty simple: "Trolling the libs is fun!"

Honestly, sometimes I can even see the appeal. But at least be good at it. All of this lazy "gotcha" crap is just so boring.

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The answer is pretty simple: "Trolling the libs is fun!"

Honestly, sometimes I can even see the appeal. But at least be good at it. All of this lazy "gotcha" crap is just so boring.

All the conservatives who were any good at trolling the libs have too much pride to remain associated with this band of unimaginative nihilists. To paraphrase Roger Ebert, we're not just down to the bottom of the barrel, we're no longer even in the same universe as barrels.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is why the “why won’t Biden hold a press conference” thing was never got to appease them

The bar was always going to be moved. He took too long to do it. Je limited who could ask him questions. He needed a seating chart. He thought too long. He didn’t answer the questions.

Blah blah blah 

It seems like you most if not all of the PC closely. What would you consider was the toughest question he faced?
Go fuck yourself on both points.

Biden wasn't the most eloquent. Or punchy in responses, but he clearly displayed a pretty high level of understanding of world events and policy far exceeding the last 12 years of Republican Presidency. Why don't you sit the fuck out for awhile and if Biden starts acting even half as incompetent as Trump- well then you can feel free to bitch without looking like a completely full of shit fuck face. All due respect to fuckfaces.
  • Hook 'Em 3

I’m pissed we’re not going to see single payer healthcare in America for at least another 10 years but I think Biden is playing his cards right by not doing anything massive on healthcare before the midterms.  

In the post Reagan era, there are only two analogous midterm situations, 1994 and 2010, both bloodbaths for Dems coming on the heels of all out war over healthcare. Biden keeping his focus on the pandemic, voting rights, and infrastructure is the safest play, politically speaking.  Climate change and guns need immediate attention legislatively but I’m skeptical on Biden’s commitment to go to war over them before the the next election.  

I normally wouldn’t listen through this whole thing, because who cares, but I had to listen after all the fuss about how confused he was. He stumbled over a some words here and there like a normal person and he dropped a word in one sentence that left the literal meaning that he’s actually like 150 years old, which was hilarious, but it was nothing of note and nothing of substance.

Feigning outrage over the notes is plainly disingenuous and the face cheat sheet seems reasonable considering the mask issue. Having taught in-person classes to masked students this past year, every little bit helps.

7 hours ago, GRHorn said:

You're still a coward, a cunt and a traitor.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m pissed we’re not going to see single payer healthcare in America for at least another 10 years but I think Biden is playing his cards right by not doing anything massive on healthcare before the midterms.  

In the post Reagan era, there are only two analogous midterm situations, 1994 and 2010, both bloodbaths for Dems coming on the heels of all out war over healthcare. Biden keeping his focus on the pandemic, voting rights, and infrastructure is the safest play, politically speaking.  Climate change and guns need immediate attention legislatively but I’m skeptical on Biden’s commitment to go to war over them before the the next election.  

One thing that I believe gets us to single payer or something close IS the pandemic response. So in a sense, Biden IS doing a lot for healthcare.

I mean, when else in our lifetimes have we had to rely so much on the government for our personal health? Obamacare had a huge affect on us, but it wasn't as intimate as the pandemic IMO. I mean, I literally had a National Guard member stick me with a vaccine (which was a moonshot style success in its own right) at a mass vaccination site that looked like it was the resolution ending of a 90's apocalyptic virus film.  

If he continues to knock it out of the park, then people are going to be WAYYYYY more willing to trust their health to government.

Boomers will continue to die off at ever increasing rates; and as their vice grip on our political system erodes, a new era of big government will rise.... the start of which has already begun IMO.

10 hours ago, GRHorn said:

“Masterfully” 

He had the answers to the questions before they came and he still got confused at times. 

In fairness, masterfully as compared to our last president, who couldn't put together a coherent unscripted sentence to save his life. 

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Boomers will continue to die off at ever increasing rates; and as their vice grip on our political system erodes, a new era of big government will rise.... the start of which has already begun IMO.

I read this with the voice of James Earl Jones in my head, and it's a little creepy tbh.

Time to stop doomscrolling and step away from the desk on a weather break.

Looks like GRUHorn is gonna retreat for awhile to build up more rep in DT from his socks and the other idiots. Oh but he will be back. Dude is the most persistent troll on this board. Which for me the only explanation for it is he’s being paid a couple rubles an hour. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

“Masterfully” 
He had the answers to the questions before they came and he still got confused at times. 

6-FDD06-B2-93-CE-4-D8-D-8283-E085003-E2769.png
That image credited to a pool photographer, Oliver Contreras. Unless he’s ranking the reporters like we do women here that’s a roster/playsheet. 

It’s obviously what he’s referencing at the end of this video. Disregard the tweet itself just watch the video where he looks to see who he’s supposed to call on next. 

Yeah he’s doing great everybody. We’re only two months in.
When is the first G7 or G20 or whatever?

36788462a6d617c6e7de895c155fc018.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Joe needs to make sure we get local heroine producers back to work. We can’t have Mexico beating us in getting the best drugs into the hands of the people of Montana. 

you know, except covid and the economy and unemployment

i love how republicans act like this is some novel event. when i was growing up, there were far more people crossing the border than there are now.

southwest-border-fy-data-1.jpg

17 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Joe needs to make sure we get local heroine producers back to work. We can’t have Mexico beating us in getting the best drugs into the hands of the people of Montana. 

Steve Daines needs to get to work on the ad campaign then because South Dakota's "Meth. We're On It" is pretty hard to top....the lack of awareness is....stunning.

Refresher:

On 3/25/2021 at 9:12 PM, GRHorn said:

And yet you lost to this. By seven million votes. Poor aggy.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

the seating chart criticism is very telling. 

if he had done something worse, we would've heard all about it.  but instead we hear all about...the seating chart with faces.

the horror.

The NYT is concerned that there is going to be a surplus of vaccines in the not to distant future and is just asking questions about what will Biden do. I suppose if he decides to supply other countries that are facing shortages, that will be the new thing. Never mind that in a global pandemic, borders are irrelevant since honeyvirus don't care about that.

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The NYT is concerned that there is going to be a surplus of vaccines in the not to distant future and is just asking questions about what will Biden do. I suppose if he decides to supply other countries that are facing shortages, that will be the new thing. Never mind that in a global pandemic, borders are irrelevant since honeyvirus don't care about that.

Yes they are calling it a “potential crisis”

The crisis is that Biden’s admin worked so hard and fast, that supply will outstrip demand within 5 months of taking office?  THE. HORROR.

Obviously they’ll share. Likely with our neighbors and allies to get this under control faster worldwide. Great way to re-earn some trust with our allies.

And then the media will ask why Biden is giving vaccines away when 20-25% of Americans are still unvaccinated, as if we don’t know it’ll mostly be Trumplicans who have refused the shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The crisis is that Biden’s admin worked so hard and fast, that supply will outstrip demand within 5 months of taking office?  THE. HORROR.

Exactly. Solving problems instead of "I take no responsibility." No wonder the lil memos are flying out of Florida as fast as those fat fingers can type them.