Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So, Biden making money out of office and basically retired = bad. Trump and his family all making a shitpot of money while he's in office = good. Is that right? 

Trump gave up his salary while in office so that negates any and all crimes apparently. Although, did they stop reporting to what charities it was being directed after awhile?

So the right was fond of meeting any criticism of Trump with ORANGE MAN BAD. So I guess it makes sense that their response to anything positive about Biden is COGNITIVE DECLINE MAN BAD!

Edited by mdmost
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

Fuck Putin. I wonder what Joe's  strategy  is as he has been very disrespectful of him for the most part. I guess that is more a show for our allies than anything. 

There seems to be some history there. 

I think Joe should double and triple down on it. I think Joe should get on his soap box and talk about the bounties and talk about Putin being a horrible piece of shit and that we aren't anywhere close to being allies and if they want to test the waters with us and all our allies they are more than welcome to get fucked, because even China would be on our side. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, immamac said:

I think Joe should double and triple down on it. I think Joe should get on his soap box and talk about the bounties and talk about Putin being a horrible piece of shit and that we aren't anywhere close to being allies and if they want to test the waters with us and all our allies they are more than welcome to get fucked, because even China would be on our side. 

Putin is a piece of shit, but should he get up and talk about stuff that was never corroborated? 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/u-s-commander-intel-still-hasn-t-established-russia-paid-n1240020

• Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Putin is a piece of shit, but should he get up and talk about stuff that was never corroborated? 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/u-s-commander-intel-still-hasn-t-established-russia-paid-n1240020

so on top of everything else you're also a Putin apologist? Ok, comrade.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so on top of everything else you're also a Putin apologist? Ok, comrade.

Just looking for the truth. There are plenty of things to get upset with Putin about. Why should he cite fake news? For the extra CR points? 

• Fuck You 3

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

For asking a fuck ton of questions, these people sure seem to not learn from the answers.

that's just it. people like him drop thought nugget farts everywhere and walk away and let everyone else deal with the fallout. a "just asking questions" crop-dusting, if you will

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

so, how do you know it is fake news, exactly?

Well I’m going off the head of Us Central Command in September saying he wasn’t convinced. Nothing has been published since then to counter it.

Looks like it was just another example of the media running with some anti Trump stuff and it getting walked back later. This story in particular really hooked a lot of people, including some I have respect for on Twitter etc, but I don’t know why. Maybe because Joe mentioned it in his campaign events even though it was unproven. Whatever.  

• Fuck You 3

The bounty story was total CIA fucking bullshit. I can't believe some of you guys still fall for that that shit which was a total play at manipulating American involvement in Afghanistan. But when the Russian President calls our President to the turf we line up behind our guy. Geopolitics is hard. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 2

You're correct that the bounty story dragged along while they investigated and then I recall what GRHorn mentions above being released. So, Biden shouldn't talk about that if he's been briefed on the veracity of the allegation. However, Putin has been the driver behind the killing of several journalists, two lawyers, some political opponents, and a couple of other people. I don't think that's made up. He's not a nice man.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Biden shouldn't talk about that if he's been briefed on the veracity of the allegation.

If Biden has been briefed on the veracity of the allegation, and it is proved out, the appropriate response is maybe more than threatening companies building a pipeline.  But dots are hard for some to connect. 

9 hours ago, elfenix said:

so like every other job in the US. 

12 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Is this where we have an opportunity to fix it with legislation, or pass it on to the taxpayer and look the other way, while using Trump as a convenient yesteryear talking-point of distraction? 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

You think our country’s so innocent?

Why do you hate America?

spacer.png

spacer.png

NY Times: Did Yeltsin Get a Sweetheart Deal on I.M.F. Loans

With Mr. Yeltsin trailing in his bid for re-election in June, his bluster toward the fund was no doubt shaped in part by a desire to be seen at home as the man who can wring aid and concessions from the West.

The pattern seemed different, though, as the fund negotiated and then reached agreement on a three-year, $10.2 billion loan package with Russia last month, raising questions about whether Moscow was getting special treatment.

President Boris N. Yeltsin bragged to Russian voters that he had used his influence with Western leaders to make sure that the I.M.F. treated his country right.

Far from steeling the country for further budget cuts, Mr. Yeltsin announced that some of the cash would be used to help with huge unpaid wage bills the Government owed workers, one of the Russian leader's most sensitive political problems.

In the United States and in Europe, though, some foreign policy analysts saw the loan agreement as motivated in part by a desire to support Mr. Yeltsin against Communist and nationalist rivals who are hostile to market-oriented economic reform.

Some even suggested that the fund was effectively helping to finance the war in Chechnya by giving economic succor to Mr. Yeltsin at a time when the military bill was biting deeply into the budget.

Saying the loan was "an implicit vote in favor of candidate Yeltsin," the French newspaper Le Monde editorialized that "the West is playing a dangerous game" and that there was "neither the urgency nor the necessity for a gesture so spectacular."

Officials outside the monetary fund who deal with international economic assistance programs said any deal with Russia would necessarily be a special case, especially given the country's strategic importance to the United States and the other big industrialized democracies that provide most of the fund's money.

American officials said they did not seek to use the fund to conduct foreign policy. Yet while officials of the fund were still negotiating with Moscow early this year, President Clinton stated publicly that the United States, the fund's biggest contributor, wanted the deal to happen -- undermining the I.M.F.'s bargaining power with Russia in the process, officials outside the fund said.

"I believe the loan will go through, and I believe that it should," Mr. Clinton said during a visit by the Russian Prime Minister, Viktor S. Chernomyrdin, to Washington in January.

NY Times: Did Yeltsin Get a Sweetheart Deal on I.M.F. Loans

Putin is a shitbird thug. We interfere in ways we would never accept if done to us. Always has been, always will be. News at 11.

Edited by Shady Ray
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

God damn dude how shitty of a person are you? We already know your IQ hovers around 80.  

How does me pointing out that the bounty story was never proven confirm my shittiness?

Low IQ take there Fletch. 

• Fuck You 3

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

How does me pointing out that the bounty story was never proven confirm my shittiness?

Low IQ take there Fletch. 

I haven't seen confirmation of the story other than the reporting of intelligence agencies tracking large electronic transfers from Russia to known Taliban members.  Seems like most of that reporting was from June and July.  A department official saying otherwise in September is also very close to election time fodder.  I don't know and won't pretend that I do.  But the political bolstering could go both ways.  It's still odd that Trump was so reluctant to acknowledge it publicly.  I'm sure everyone could at least agree that it's worthy of a statement from the president.  Did Trump ever make a statement on that issue?  

8 minutes ago, Chooky said:

But the political bolstering could go both ways. 

It could and it does. But as the intel regarding election/social media and the Cambridge Analytica (which essentially reorganized) was further revealed, thanks to Trump/Putin the door was opened wide to interference (remember Barr and Pompeo jet setting prior to November doing what exactly?) and it is going to lead to no end of headaches. The former administration did not completely sit on their hands with respect to Russia--there were quite a few sanctions, statements, and even indictments over the last four years. But specifically, there didn't appear (to me) to be quite enough response to Russian aggression against adjacent independent countries or working with totalitarian regimes (such as Ukraine) when the citizens protested against a faux election.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

I haven't seen confirmation of the story other than the reporting of intelligence agencies tracking large electronic transfers from Russia to known Taliban members.  Seems like most of that reporting was from June and July.  A department official saying otherwise in September is also very close to election time fodder.  I don't know and won't pretend that I do.  But the political bolstering could go both ways.  It's still odd that Trump was so reluctant to acknowledge it publicly.  I'm sure everyone could at least agree that it's worthy of a statement from the president.  Did Trump ever make a statement on that issue?  

That’s kind of underselling it. 

Department Official=Head of US Central Command 

As close to a definitive, non partisan assessment as you will find. 

I guess maybe some people here have trouble dealing with the fact that the media is utilized by portions of the bureaucracy to disseminate the info that they please. Whether confirmed to be true or not. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Im pretty sure Trump lost money during his presidency. Like $700M or so.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/forbes-400-donald-trump-wealth/index.html

Trump lost money because of the pandemic. Hospitality business. Probably should of tried to stop the pandemic a little harder instead of pretending it didn’t exist. 

We also don’t know exactly how much he lost because his net worth is pretty much smoke and mirrors. Cohen testified he used to make up numbers to get Trump high on these Forbes lists and shit. Plus he undervalues his property on taxes to pay less. So it would take an independent auditor to fully evaluate his true net worth 

• Hook 'Em 1

If folks really care about the truth, they should check in on Walter Shaub's twitter account. He was the former head of the Office of Government Ethics, and he was not a friend of the Trump administration for the violations, but he's losing followers because he holds the Biden administration to the same standard. I absolutely support the rank and file civil servants who do just that: serve the public and the country in holding leaders and their people accountable for their actions on behalf of the country and its citizens.

Another official who doesn't get a lot of press is Ellen Weintraub, the FEC commissioner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Yes. Which makes your lameness all the more unfortunate. 

I loathe you because you’re a complete hypocrite. You don’t give a single flying fuck about any of the actions you currently perceive as objectionable from this administration. I know this because you never made a single objection when the previous administration took similar actions (X10) and you never said a word.

you aren’t a serious person. You’re a hack. And you’ll drink my neg.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5