COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

Ok. Just got back from analyzing my posts in comparison to Annie’s in this thread and my dispassionate analysis has to say that while he provides a little bit more substance, he’s also much more annoying and arrogant since he thinks his shit don’t stink. Meanwhile my posts are much more humble and wise. Hope you enjoyed the update. 

On 10/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, immortal13 said:

Liver and kidney failure. She had to be careflighted from Tyler to Baylor Medical ICU in Dallas. She recovered but it was very serious and she almost didn't survive the first couple of days. Around 33 years old, very healthy/fit, and no health issues. 

I'm very sorry to hear this.  I hope she makes a full recovery.

What I've always wondered in these rare circumstances is if the vaccine did this what would have happened if they were infected with the virus?  That reaction is more than likely caused by the spike protein or the mRNA which is less immunogenic than the viral RNA.  The virus has the spike protein along with 28 other unique viral proteins, some of which we know can cause significant reactions on their own, and the viral RNA is more likely to cause a reaction.  It wouldn't surprise me if these small percentage of people are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.  

Edited by Dontshootrude
  • Hook 'Em 5

41 minutes ago, Dontshootrude said:

I'm very sorry to hear this.  I hope she makes a full recovery.

What I've always wondered in these rare circumstances is if the vaccine did this what would have happened if they were infected with the virus?  That reaction is more than likely caused by the spike protein or the mRNA which is less immunogenic than the viral RNA.  The virus has the spike protein along with 28 other unique viral proteins, some of which we know can cause significant reactions on their own, and the viral RNA is more likely to cause a reaction.  It wouldn't surprise me if these small percentage of people are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.  

I don't have anything to add to this other than I have close friend that is unable to get vaxxed for COVID (or flu for that matter) due to a couple of severe reactions she had to vaxxes when she was a child and as a teenager.  This was the decision rendered by two of her doctors, also in consideration of other current health issues she has.  While mRNA vaccines for COVID (or anything for that matter) are by design less immunogenic, the combination of risk factors were such that it did not make sense for her to get vaxxed for COVID.  While I highly support vaccines (she does too), I totally supported her decision and take extensive precautions around her even though I am vaxxed.

So, there are possibilities of extremely rare shit happening - anyone arguing against that is a fool or a propagandist.

However, had she gotten the jab and had an extremely rare negative response affecting major organs / multiple organ failure, I goddamn guarantee you I would not have been on any website or social platform, much less multiple threads, howling at the moon about her experience and explicitly stating or implying "GRRRR vaxx bad!!!!!" to scare or intimidate people.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Yeah, freaked me out a little when I started reading peoples' results on here and then a buddy of mine shared that his was over 1700 (vaxxed 2 months before me with either Moderna or Pfizer).  Glad to be on the Moderna Train now.  Choo choo, LFG, motherfuckers.
I freaked out when mine was 136. Got booster and will report back in 2 months.
  • Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:
On 10/13/2021 at 5:55 PM, Redneck Mutha said:
Yeah, freaked me out a little when I started reading peoples' results on here and then a buddy of mine shared that his was over 1700 (vaxxed 2 months before me with either Moderna or Pfizer).  Glad to be on the Moderna Train now.  Choo choo, LFG, motherfuckers.

I freaked out when mine was 136. Got booster and will report back in 2 months.

I'm 2 weeks post booster and my cell reception is phenomenal.  Going in for flu vaccine tomorrow. 

13 hours ago, Captainant said:

Hope y'all were both wearing facemasks - it would protect you pretty well. Especially if you have a K/N95

I can't imagine it would help to that extent. If a guy has an active case of COVID and you sit next to him for 2 hours...

I just realized, though, that there isn't a damn thing that I could do about it. Southwest has open seating so it wouldn't be possible to find out the guy's identity. So even if the guy was an asshole and falsified the airline questionnaire and traveled with COVID, he could get away with it without consequences and without knowing that he caused a bunch of other people grief. Hopefully, I'm okay - I was in town for a bar mitzvah and around a bunch of elderly relatives all weekend. I would assume that if I wasn't showing symptoms that I probably wouldn't be very contagious.

3 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

I don't have anything to add to this other than I have close friend that is unable to get vaxxed for COVID (or flu for that matter) due to a couple of severe reactions she had to vaxxes when she was a child and as a teenager.  This was the decision rendered by two of her doctors, also in consideration of other current health issues she has.  While mRNA vaccines for COVID (or anything for that matter) are by design less immunogenic, the combination of risk factors were such that it did not make sense for her to get vaxxed for COVID.  While I highly support vaccines (she does too), I totally supported her decision and take extensive precautions around her even though I am vaxxed.

So, there are possibilities of extremely rare shit happening - anyone arguing against that is a fool or a propagandist.

However, had she gotten the jab and had an extremely rare negative response affecting major organs / multiple organ failure, I goddamn guarantee you I would not have been on any website or social platform, much less multiple threads, howling at the moon about her experience and explicitly stating or implying "GRRRR vaxx bad!!!!!" to scare or intimidate people.

I wonder if doctors could customize a vaccine for her - lower the dosage and increase the number of injections and monitor in a hospital setting.

Edited by Bevo

15 hours ago, Anastasis said:

2 of 5. 

For sure.

But if Captainant were stuck in CR he would spend his time tagging people there, trying to get their attention. Kind of like a monkey throwing shit at the zoo. 

He already spends a good bit doing that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

24 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

For sure.

But if Captainant were stuck in CR he would spend his time tagging people there, trying to get their attention. Kind of like a monkey throwing shit at the zoo. 

He already spends a good bit doing that. 

what are you even doing in a thread about vaccine discussion? Your anti-vax stance is well known, and your repetition of disinformation to promote hesitancy is too. You're on your third or fourth account at this point. 

This isn't the joe rogan thread - people actually give a shit about intellectual honesty and not just breathlessly citing VAERS data to score points with other antivaxxers

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

what are you even doing in a thread about vaccine discussion? Your anti-vax stance is well known, and your repetition of disinformation to promote hesitancy is too. You're on your third or fourth account at this point. 

This isn't the joe rogan thread - people actually give a shit about intellectual honesty and not just breathlessly citing VAERS data to score points with other antivaxxers

5qsp29.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/14/2021 at 12:27 PM, immortal13 said:

She recovered but it was very serious and she almost didn't survive the first couple of days

I’m truly glad she’s feeling better

On 10/14/2021 at 12:27 PM, immortal13 said:

Around 33 years old, very healthy/fit, and no health issues

Pics aren’t showing up for me

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Bevo said:

I wonder if doctors could customize a vaccine for her - lower the dosage and increase the number of injections and monitor in a hospital setting.

Possible, but her other risk factors are low (works from home), and when she goes out or visits friends/families she takes all precautions - every time I've hung out with her with a group it's been totally outdoors and distanced.  If she had a job where she had to interact with the public, was a healthcare worker, etc. she might have considered a controlled vaxx environment.  But, she is very fearful about how her immune system would respond and weighed those risks against the risks of COVID and chose the mitigation route and not putting herself in proximity to high-risk virus transmission situations.  

2 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Possible, but her other risk factors are low (works from home), and when she goes out or visits friends/families she takes all precautions - every time I've hung out with her with a group it's been totally outdoors and distanced.  If she had a job where she had to interact with the public, was a healthcare worker, etc. she might have considered a controlled vaxx environment.  But, she is very fearful about how her immune system would respond and weighed those risks against the risks of COVID and chose the mitigation route and not putting herself in proximity to high-risk virus transmission situations.  

My issue is that you never know. I was just on a flight on SW and the guy next to me coughed every 10 seconds for the whole flight. I then went to a Bar Mitzvah and was a around a bunch of elderly people most who also flew into town. Everyone was vaccinated - half the people there were retired physicians - but all it takes is one to cause issues for a lot of people.

Pre-vaccine a bunch of retired physicians in Houston got together for a birthday party. Everyone who was at the party got infected. Regeneron was available so they had that advantage but when 80 year olds get sick things usually don't go smoothly. And luckily my parents skipped the party so I just heard everything secondhand from them. The only good that came from it was that a friend of mine who wasn't speaking to his family let his issues go after his parents caught COVID at the party.

Anyway, I get your point. But personally, that ain't no way to live life. I don't want to be wearing a mask in 2022. I get enough of that shit at work.

Just now, Bevo said:

My issue is that you never know. I was just on a flight on SW and the guy next to me coughed every 10 seconds for the whole flight. I then went to a Bar Mitzvah and was a around a bunch of elderly people most who also flew into town. Everyone was vaccinated - half the people there were retired physicians - but all it takes is one to cause issues for a lot of people.

Pre-vaccine a bunch of retired physicians in Houston got together for a birthday party. Everyone who was at the party got infected. Regeneron was available so they had that advantage but when 80 year olds get sick things usually don't go smoothly. And luckily my parents skipped the party so I just heard everything secondhand from them. The only good that came from it was that a friend of mine who wasn't speaking to his family let his issues go after his parents caught COVID at the party.

Anyway, I get your point. But personally, that ain't no way to live life. I don't want to be wearing a mask in 2022. I get enough of that shit at work.

Yeah, she's in her fifties, so that is part of the risk calculation.  Also, COVID testing is much more available now, including home / self-tests.   I've heard the stories from when she was a kid, and they're truly horrible so I get her reluctance.  She doesn't want to end up being hospitalized for nearly a year again.

31 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Yeah, she's in her fifties, so that is part of the risk calculation.  Also, COVID testing is much more available now, including home / self-tests.   I've heard the stories from when she was a kid, and they're truly horrible so I get her reluctance.  She doesn't want to end up being hospitalized for nearly a year again.

Stevens-Johnson?

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Wife and I just got our Pfizer boosters.  Will see if the side effects are the same as for the 2nd shot (sore arm for me, she got an actual "egg" raised on her arm the next day).

I'd be watching for movement in the "egg" if I were you. Hopefully it doesn't migrate to her forehead.

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Wife and I just got our Pfizer boosters.  Will see if the side effects are the same as for the 2nd shot (sore arm for me, she got an actual "egg" raised on her arm the next day).

My mom had the "egg" on her arm after her shots. Her doctor told her to put a warm compress on it. She did and it was gone in a few hours.

1 minute ago, Deej said:

My mom had the "egg" on her arm after her shots. Her doctor told her to put a warm compress on it. She did and it was gone in a few hours.

I presume that me farting frequently under the covers tonight will have a similar effect.

Edited by Brisketexan

Russia wouldn't do something like that.  They're our allies now. 

Some anecdotal good news---UT epidemiologists indicate they believe, pending further research, that the entire campus (faculty/staff/students) is now 85% vaccinated.  Well done Longhorns, now if the rest of Texas could get its shit together.  

On 10/13/2021 at 7:15 PM, immortal13 said:

Anyone? 

Tell that to my friend that almost lost his wife to the Moderna 1

I have a friend who is a nurse. She took the Moderna vax and had a scary Bells Palsy reaction the evening after 1st shot. I know some of you a-holes won't believe me so I screen grabbed her FB page describing it (deleted her personal info). The reactions happen. It's not a reason not to get it if you want it but the reactions happen. She thought it gave her a stroke. Thank God she is recovered now. My son this summer 1st week of school got the Pfizer vax in early Sept. He did  not want to have to quarantine if exposed and miss football games. Next day he was sent home from school with a racing heart rate. Nurse called me and said you need to pick him up and have it checked out. That lasted for 2 days. His doctor then advised us not to get him the 2nd shot. These obviously are anecdotal but I have now seen it twice in my circle.

bells1.PNG

bells.PNG

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I have a friend who is a nurse. She took the Moderna vax and had a scary Bells Palsy reaction the evening after 1st shot. I know some of you a-holes won't believe me so I screen grabbed her FB page describing it (deleted her personal info). The reactions happen. It's not a reason not to get it if you want it but the reactions happen. She thought it gave her a stroke. Thank God she is recovered now. My son this summer 1st week of school got the Pfizer vax in Aug. He did  not want to have to quarantine if exposed and miss football games. Next day he was sent home from school with a racing heart rate. Nurse called me and said you need to pick him up and have it checked out. That lasted for 2 days. His doctor then advised us not to get him the 2nd shot. These obviously are anecdotal but I have now seen it twice in my circle.

bells.PNG

bells1.PNG

It's a very uncommon reaction, but also a known reaction that is observed to typically be temporary (and does appear to be a common vaccine adverse reaction in general). Sorry it happened to your friend, but lulz for stereotypically reposting FB posts to discourage people from getting vaccinated.

Out of curiosity - had she previously been affected by BP or does she suffer from any other nervous system disorders? It seems like an inflammation response from the vaccine is the mechanism inciting the reaction, as it flares up other acute conditions 

24 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's a very uncommon reaction, but also a known reaction that is observed to typically be temporary (and does appear to be a common vaccine adverse reaction in general). Sorry it happened to your friend, but lulz for stereotypically reposting FB posts to discourage people from getting vaccinated.

Out of curiosity - had she previously been affected by BP or does she suffer from any other nervous system disorders? It seems like an inflammation response from the vaccine is the mechanism inciting the reaction, as it flares up other acute conditions 

I did not ask tbh. Also, it was a discussion in this thread and someone calling BS on a poster here saying he had a good friend have a severe event. They can happen albeit rare. I know the 1st reaction with a lot of people on surly to just say you're full of shit so I had to come with the actual info.. I am sure those people don't believe the story regarding my 16 yr old because I did not post the notes from his doctor visit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I have a friend who is a nurse. She took the Moderna vax and had a scary Bells Palsy reaction the evening after 1st shot. I know some of you a-holes won't believe me so I screen grabbed her FB page describing it (deleted her personal info). The reactions happen. It's not a reason not to get it if you want it but the reactions happen. She thought it gave her a stroke. Thank God she is recovered now. My son this summer 1st week of school got the Pfizer vax in early Sept. He did  not want to have to quarantine if exposed and miss football games. Next day he was sent home from school with a racing heart rate. Nurse called me and said you need to pick him up and have it checked out. That lasted for 2 days. His doctor then advised us not to get him the 2nd shot. These obviously are anecdotal but I have now seen it twice in my circle.

bells1.PNG

bells.PNG

Thanks and I appreciate your post. Surly is full of cunts like Planethouston and Captainantifa and they hate anything that counters their liberal narrative. I could give a fuck if they believe what I post or not, even though they really know my post is true. I could provide censored Facebook posts or texts but I'm not going to that trouble. She is a healthy young woman of 33 and had a life threatening reaction to the Moderna 1 vaccine, which included being careflighted and a 2 week stay at Baylor Medical in Dallas. The Surly libs are easily triggered and it's a shame we can't quarantine them to the Cloak Room where they belong.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Thanks and I appreciate your post. Surly is full of cunts like Planethouston and Captainantifa and they hate anything that counters their liberal narrative. I could give a fuck if they believe what I post or not, even though they really know my post is true. I could provide censored Facebook posts or texts but I'm not going to that trouble. She is a healthy young woman of 33 and had a life threatening reaction to the Moderna 1 vaccine, which included being careflighted and a 2 week stay at Baylor Medical in Dallas. The Surly libs are easily triggered and it's a shame we can't quarantine them to the Cloak Room where they belong.

Yes, it's horrible when people say things you don't want to hear.

• Hook 'Em 3

I myself have gotten the vax, and all my kids and close relatives have gotten it too. I’m super pro vax.

Now that you know I’m a very pro vax poster, here’s a whole bunch of articles showing vaccines don’t really work and even harm and even sometimes kill people. Just thought you’d like to know.

Oh and anyone who calls me a liar is a CR meanie. 

• Like 2

I have a friend who got the vaccine. He’s totally fine.

Actually I have many friends who have gotten the vaccine. They’re all totally fine too.

Also all my relatives have gotten the vaccine. They’re all fine too.

On the other hand, I have family members and friends who have died from Covid. All before the vaccine was made available.

If you call me a liar though I’m gonna bitch about it on this thread and say back to the CR with you!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I myself have gotten the vax, and all my kids and close relatives have gotten it too. I’m super pro vax.

Now that you know I’m a very pro vax poster, here’s a whole bunch of articles showing vaccines don’t really work and even harm and even sometimes kill people. Just thought you’d like to know.

You're a super pro cunt

26 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

"I am vaxxed, and am pro-vax"....immediately preceding lockstep anti-vax tropes is the new "I can't be racist, I have black friends!"....which is then immediately followed by super-shitty racist stuff.

• Hook 'Em 6