COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I requested the moderna booster (full strength, not the pussy ass half strength shit they are about to roll out) in my right gluteus but couldn't get any takers. So I just stuck my arm out the window.  

in march, i drove all the way to san antonio. bougiest heb i ever seen in nw san antonio. but that's where i got my jabs

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

The problem with the database is primarily it cannot fractionate out which vaccine causes which side effects. There are tons of vaccines that did not make it past Phase I, II, etc. As well, reading through the disclaimers you must agree to before even searching suggest this data dump in not verified and likely is coming directly from patients. Past that the vast majority of the reported side effects are benign. Cough, Nausea, Vertigo, etc.

I've been a part of a massive role out of both Moderna and Pfizer. The vast majority of patient's deal with some arm pain and maybe 24-48 hours of fever/malaise. Past that we haven't needed to use Benadryl once for any concerns of an allergic reaction.

Anyone at this point suggesting the mRNA vaccines are either ineffective or has unknown side effects is trying to find an excuse to hold onto to not get them. I wish the vast majority of those looking for other avenues (Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin, Beet Powder, etc) would simply just say they don't wish to be vaccinated for whatever reason and stop trying to explain their reasoning.

I'm tired of people coming to me after all of my training and experience and letting me know how they are more informed and better educated on how to approach the Pandemic. You are not and you are simply not willing to be vaccinated. I hope it doesn't cost you your health/life.

I wish I could rep this 100 times.

18 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I requested the moderna booster (full strength, not the pussy ass half strength shit they are about to roll out) in my right gluteus but couldn't get any takers. So I just stuck my arm out the window.  

Does the pussy ass half strength shit limit side-effects? I am planning a trip in December and will probably get the booster in late Nov. The second dose kicked my ass. I worked and it was a pretty sucky day.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Does the pussy ass half strength shit limit side-effects? I am planning a trip in December and will probably get the booster in late Nov. The second dose kicked my ass. I worked and it was a pretty sucky day.

I went full strength on my 3rd and the side effects were about the same as the first two, which for me were pretty mild.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I don't understand what y'all are upset about in a Covid 19 discussion. I didn't collect it. The World Health Organization did. I asked if it has been posted. If you don't like it and want to dismiss it I don't care. It's out there though.

We see you, Tonto.  You’re willfully spreading misinformation disguised as “collecting data points to add to the discussion”, but all of your “data” is from other misinformation sources.

As far as the WHO data and Ireland shit, you are spreading misuse of information or flat out ignoring the most key information.  Willfully.  

You’re not that cute.  And you can take your thumb out of our ass on this thread any time now, Carmine.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I haven't reviewed all the data, but the moderna filing is here: https://www.fda.gov/media/152953/download

I am inclined to go big and take off a day from work.  But I am heavily inclined to take a day off from work for any reason. 

• Like 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

I haven't reviewed all the data, but the moderna filing is here: https://www.fda.gov/media/152953/download

I am inclined to go big and take off a day from work.  But I am heavily inclined to take a day off from work for any reason. 

Sometimes I wish I wasn't self-employed. But then I realize the only person I really have to answer to is the wife.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Thanks.

Summary
No new safety signals emerged upon administration of the booster dose in
Study P201 Part B, and the safety profile of mRNA-1273 booster was similar to
that observed following the second dose of the primary series (in Study P301
Part A).

Most solicited local ARs were grade 1 to grade 2 in severity; no grade 4
solicited local or systemic ARs were reported in either prime series group.

Unsolicited TEAEs were infrequent and mild to moderate in severity, and no
SAEs or AEs lead to study discontinuation up to Day 29 in P201 Part B.

No cases of myocarditis, pericarditis, or relevant AEs suggestive of any of
these conditions were observed up to Day 29 in P201 Part B.

In the post-authorization period, a total of 301,035,380 doses have been
distributed worldwide, and the data show that mRNA-1273 has an acceptable
safety profile.

The frequency of systemic ARs in Study P201 Part B following the 50 μg booster dose
was numerically similar to that observed following the second injection of the primary
series in Study P201 Part A and in P301 (
Table 22; Table 23). The most common
systemic ARs after the 50 μg booster dose in P201 Part B were fatigue, headache,
arthralgia, and myalgia, which occurred at a similar rate between the P201 Part B 50
and 100 μg prime series groups. Because these 2 groups were comparable, the
combined safety data are presented below (
Table 23). No difference in incidence of the
solicited AR of rash (3.7% in the 50 μg vs 1.8% in the 100 μg groups) was observed
after the booster dose between the 50 μg and 100 μg prime series. Most solicited
systemic AR in P201 Part B were grade 1 to grade 2 in severity. Systemic ARs were
transient, and most resolved by Day 4. The frequency and severity of solicited systemic
ARs was numerically comparable between age cohorts (18 to < 55; ≥ 55 years of age).

Fatigue, myalgia, headache, and arthralgia were the most commonly reported grade 3
systemic ARs (
Table 23). No grade 4 solicited systemic ARs were reported in P201.

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I think you’d have to look up the guy’s ass, because that’s where he pulled it from. 

We showed up to my 10 year olds well check last year and they said he needed to get his second MMR vaccine again.  Our kids get a flu shot or flu mist every year and apparently when he got his second MMR shot at age 4-ish, the flu mist he got a few weeks prior had "invalidated" the second MMR shot.

They only recently caught it because they had changed over to online medical records and it got flagged in the system

Your MIL's cardiologist might be wrong, but I had a somewhat similar situation that I also thought was stupid at the time, but there might be some validity to it.

Edited by smoky

44 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

An article on what we know about mixing and matching vaccine types.  Not a ton of actual things we know in it, though:

https://www.statnews.com/2021/10/12/a-primer-on-what-we-know-about-mixing-and-matching-covid-vaccines/

NIH study on mix-match boosters after primary series, just released as preprint.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.10.10.21264827v1.full.pdf

Thread break down.

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

TLDR, full strength Moderna ftw. 

So if I'm Pfizer 2x, is there any way to get a full dose moderna booster other than to pretend no vax?  If I do that, I'm a bit worried that a 3rd dose will become "mandatory" in some sense at one year (Jan for me) and I won't have gotten it or I will need to get effectively a 4th dose to comply

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

So if I'm Pfizer 2x, is there any way to get a full dose moderna booster other than to pretend no vax?  If I do that, I'm a bit worried that a 3rd dose will become "mandatory" in some sense at one year (Jan for me) and I won't have gotten it or I will need to get effectively a 4th dose to comply

Yeah you would have to pretend it was your first or your second. I have no idea how they would make it mandatory for you to get another one. 

Technically, when people are posting that they got their moderna "booster", they didn't. The moderna booster will be a different shot with half the dosage, as some have mentioned above. There are no boosters available yet for Moderna. 

PS I will be curious what they tell us in the trial about the booster now that the FDA is saying not needed. They've been telling us it was coming "soon".

42 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Yeah you would have to pretend it was your first or your second. I have no idea how they would make it mandatory for you to get another one. 

Technically, when people are posting that they got their moderna "booster", they didn't. The moderna booster will be a different shot with half the dosage, as some have mentioned above. There are no boosters available yet for Moderna. 

PS I will be curious what they tell us in the trial about the booster now that the FDA is saying not needed. They've been telling us it was coming "soon".

Ana posted the FDA application. The data looks very good. It works and the side effects appear minimal. There is a paper cited in the application (I think Gilbert et al) which might give insight into the relationship between antibody levels and immune response. I haven't searched for the paper, yet. I've been too busy with real work.

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

NIH study on mix-match boosters after primary series, just released as preprint.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.10.10.21264827v1.full.pdf

Thread break down.

Thanks for posting.  I mentioned upthread that I got J&J back in early Mar, Texas CARES results in early Sep showed antibodies of only 40.  Talked to my doc, he advised starting over from scratch with Moderna.  Got my first Moderna, with some ass-kicking side effects, in mid-Sep.  Second Moderna scheduled next week.

The results from that study make me feel much better about my situation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Thanks for posting.  I mentioned upthread that I got J&J back in early Mar, Texas CARES results in early Sep showed antibodies of only 40.  Talked to my doc, he advised starting over from scratch with Moderna.  Got my first Moderna, with some ass-kicking side effects, in mid-Sep.  Second Moderna scheduled next week.

The results from that study make me feel much better about my situation. 

40?  How the fuck are you still alive?  JK, good job being proactive.

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

40?  How the fuck are you still alive?  JK, good job being proactive.

Yeah, freaked me out a little when I started reading peoples' results on here and then a buddy of mine shared that his was over 1700 (vaxxed 2 months before me with either Moderna or Pfizer).  Glad to be on the Moderna Train now.  Choo choo, LFG, motherfuckers.

On 10/12/2021 at 5:56 PM, MoJames said:

The problem with the database is primarily it cannot fractionate out which vaccine causes which side effects. There are tons of vaccines that did not make it past Phase I, II, etc. As well, reading through the disclaimers you must agree to before even searching suggest this data dump in not verified and likely is coming directly from patients. Past that the vast majority of the reported side effects are benign. Cough, Nausea, Vertigo, etc.

I've been a part of a massive role out of both Moderna and Pfizer. The vast majority of patient's deal with some arm pain and maybe 24-48 hours of fever/malaise. Past that we haven't needed to use Benadryl once for any concerns of an allergic reaction.

Anyone at this point suggesting the mRNA vaccines are either ineffective or has unknown side effects is trying to find an excuse to hold onto to not get them. I wish the vast majority of those looking for other avenues (Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin, Beet Powder, etc) would simply just say they don't wish to be vaccinated for whatever reason and stop trying to explain their reasoning.

I'm tired of people coming to me after all of my training and experience and letting me know how they are more informed and better educated on how to approach the Pandemic. You are not and you are simply not willing to be vaccinated. I hope it doesn't cost you your health/life.

Anyone? 

Tell that to my friend that almost lost his wife to the Moderna 1

• Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Anyone? 

Tell that to my friend that almost lost his wife to the Moderna 1

He didn't say that they have no side effects. He said they don't have UNKNOWN side effects.  Literally every substance known to man has side effects.  The most benign drugs/treatments that you can imagine have side effects, some of them fatal.  There is NO SUCH THING as a drug that has zero occurrences of dangerous side effects.

Hemorrhagic stroke -- a potentially fatal condition -- is a known side effect of.....aspirin.  As just one of literally hundreds of thousands of examples.

Being that we have literally HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of doses administered, it is clear that 1) we know functionally all of the near-term potential side effects of the vaccines, and 2) the frequency of dangerous side effects is well below the frequency of dangerous side effects of hundreds of other drugs/treatments that people regularly take without even a second thought.

Am gonna wait until I get my results from the second antibodies results from the UT health study before getting the third moderna shot. The second moderna shot totally kicked my ass the next morning with a 103 degree fever which strangely didn’t feel like one as I was able to go to the HEB no problem and then went away two hours later after some Advil. An expert witness doc I know said that probably meant I was super immune now for Covid. So i got that going for me, which is nice.

The first antibody results from the UT study put me at like 1170 whatever that means without ever having Covid. If the second antibody results are similar or slightly lower,  I’ll hold off on a third shot for now.

TLDR, team moderna FTW.

• Hook 'Em 1

I got a full dose Moderna booster a few weeks ago at work.

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I tried to schedule a Moderna booster at Walgreens and the online system said it doesn’t exist for Moderna. I’m getting my flu shot on Saturday so I guess I’ll ask in person.

I got a third Moderna shot aka booster at Walgreens on Monday. It exists. They don’t call it a booster because it’s not “approved” for a booster. They call it a third shot. Just fill out whatever forms online and check yes to eligibility questions and then selected Moderna 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I got a third Moderna shot aka booster at Walgreens on Monday. It exists. They don’t call it a booster because it’s not “approved” for a booster. They call it a third shot. Just fill out whatever forms online and check yes to eligibility questions and then selected Moderna 

I did this last week on the advice of my doc.  Probably a month early, but I made a poor decision to attend a football game last weekend and am traveling this weekend, so I went ahead and got it before high exposure events.

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wife and I are both Pfizers.  She had a doc visit this week, and her doc told her to go ahead and get the booster.  So, we'll be doing that sometime in the next week, I'm guessing.

I am Pfizer.  I got my last shot on May 22.  I am most likely getting a booster end of October/early November.  I am getting my flu shot tomorrow AM, so most likely, will go for the COVID booster in Mid-November.  That will be right about 6 months for me.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

White folks be running out of excuses.  

"Look, I'm not getting the shot okay!  My grandmother was at Tuskegee, okay!"

"Earl, she was a nurse at the clinic.  That's not the same thing." 

12 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

White folks be running out of excuses.  

"Look, I'm not getting the shot okay!  My grandmother was at Tuskegee, okay!"

"Earl, she was a nurse at the clinic.  That's not the same thing." 

Want to draw some broad conclusions based on race?  Our resident fundagelican anti-vaxxer crowd ain't gonna like 'em.  They would include conclusions like "so, the data shows that black and hispanic Americans can be persuaded by reason and evidence, unlike entrenched white evangelicals with a raging case of oppositional defiance disorder."

18 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Not really “mandatory” literally but I could see a business like an airline, for example, requiring a vaccination within x months at some point.  So the off-the-books Moderna shot could require me to get a possibly unnecessary Pfizer booster purely for things like that.