COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

5 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

You can get a waiver in my state/County fairly easily. I had to go to the County office and talk with someone to get one before my oldest started Kindergarten because I didn't want to give more than one shot at a time and it got us off schedule. 

Yeah we only allowed multiple if they weren’t combo shots. 

On 9/30/2021 at 2:55 PM, Baboontyme said:

Everyone should be going to get their booster if they're Pfizer and > ~ 6 months since their last shot, imo. Has anyone tried? The list of conditions is quite extensive and I'm pretty sure you could march into any CVS or Walgreens or Kroger or Wal Mart and be like I have hypertension and they wouldn't bat an eye. Has anyone tried? There is no supply shortage in the US, and you aren't saving a vaccine for someone in Africa by holding off. Really kicking myself for not pushing this with my wife and in laws a few weeks ago. 

I went to CVS last night for the booster.  I'm pushing 50 with hypertension. Just filled out the online form. No questions asked when I got there. I’m about 16 hours removed. Only thing making me sick right now is watching Texas play. No side effects other than a sore arm. Pharmacist said that all she’s been doing all day is giving booster shots. 

• Like 1

I went to CVS last night for the booster.  I'm pushing 50 with hypertension. Just filled out the online form. No questions asked when I got there. I’m about 16 hours removed. Only thing making me sick right now is watching Texas play. No side effects other than a sore arm. Pharmacist said that all she’s been doing all day is giving booster shots. 

24 hours out from booster now. Feeling a little shitty and the arm soreness has spread a bit. Can’t tell if I’m just hungover but I think it is at least partially booster related.

Got my booster Thursday morning at 9.  Friday morning around 8 I started feeling pretty shitty. Body ache, fatigue, just bleh. Went home after finishing up a prewire around lunch and things ramped up from there. I had a baseball size lump in my armpit that afternoon that hurt like hell to touch. Outside of my arm didn’t have much of a reaction this time (second shot gave me a massive lump at the shot site). Aches and fatigue ran through Saturday night. I alternated Motrin and Advil Friday-Sunday. Felt decent this morning, armpit has gone down but now the shot site is starting to swell.

Got the flu vaccine and Covid booster on Friday. No issues that day and woke up a little lethargic on Saturday, but no big issues until about 28 hours after the shots. Pretty suddenly I got intense stomach cramps for about an hour. No other issues, just the ridiculous cramps. I told my wife that I probably needed to start picking out a name for my next bowel movement...and yes, username Jr. was the leader in the clubhouse. Sunday I woke up with no issues at all.

19 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

Got my booster Thursday morning at 9.  Friday morning around 8 I started feeling pretty shitty. Body ache, fatigue, just bleh. Went home after finishing up a prewire around lunch and things ramped up from there. I had a baseball size lump in my armpit that afternoon that hurt like hell to touch. Outside of my arm didn’t have much of a reaction this time (second shot gave me a massive lump at the shot site). Aches and fatigue ran through Saturday night. I alternated Motrin and Advil Friday-Sunday. Felt decent this morning, armpit has gone down but now the shot site is starting to swell.

Yeah my armpit got kinda sore on Saturday and stayed sore on Sunday.  Still just a tiny bit sore today but pretty much gone.

Not just HIV, but full blown AIDS.  If you don't have your AIDS keychain card with you, the cashier can still use the store one so you get the right shot, and a discount.  

Also, fun fact---if you get the AIDS discount at checkout...the receipt is remarkably smaller.  'Cause.......you know. 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Tried to get a booster and CVS rejected me because I wasn’t immunocompromised. I didn’t think that was a requirement. WTF?

If you signed up online, they sneak the question on to the last page of questions where they ask if you have had allergic reactions to vaccines. It's the only question you need to answer yes to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Dammit. If only there was something I could do to re-boost my immune system back up to near 95%.  But what, what can one do?  

Thank god Facebook is back and running.  Gotta get to my research lab.  

33 minutes ago, orange dream said:

I have a cousin in the islands who has a friend whose junk clean fell off after his neighbor got the shot now my cousin's friend's fiance has called the wedding off.  I am waiting for Nicki Minaj to finish her research so that I can study what she has found out.  Be careful!!

4d11a96e-3cc4-42f0-84bd-c60e16fbe9ba_tex

3 hours ago, HouTex said:

I took the Pfizer shots (six months ago).  I had my annual physical today and asked my doc about whether I should get a booster.  I'm 59, in good health, not fat, and with no other risk factors.  He said to wait on a booster. 

Did he say why?

8 hours ago, Satoshi said:

https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0140-6736(21)02183-8

Protection against hospitalization at 6 months still 93% but effectiveness against infection drops to 47% at 6 months. 

I'd like to remind everyone the original efficacy against infection cutoff was 50% when the vaccine development and trials started back in spring 2020.  I find it really funny that after waning immunity we are still around the initial target efficacy and people are acting like this is some sort of failure.

93% VE against severe illness after six months is amazing by any measure.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, midtown said:
6 hours ago, Orale said:
Did he say why?

I assume it's the sane reason the CDC advisory board and s shit ton of scientists say most people don't need a booster

Fuck that shit. My antibodies were approaching tree-fiddy. 

12 hours ago, utee94 said:

There ya go, Big Pharma designing a vaccine with deliberately attenuated efficacy after 6 months, in order to sell that third booster shot and gouge the public!  

Planned obsolescence by pharmacy companies.

They must've taken a page out of Hewlett Packard's playbook.

• Hook 'Em 1

My mom finally got her 2nd Moderna shot yesterday.  Like most countries outside of US, EU and Israel, there has been a shortage of vaccines in Taiwan.

My dad got his second Astrazeneca vaccine in September.

Now that they're fully vaccinated, maybe they'll get on a plane and come see their grandkids.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, midtown said:
16 hours ago, Orale said:
Did he say why?

I assume it's the sane reason the CDC advisory board and s shit ton of scientists say most people don't need a booster

I'm far from an expert but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they walk that back once real world numbers start coming in from Delta breakthrough studies. 

4 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I'm far from an expert but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they walk that back once real world numbers start coming in from Delta breakthrough studies. 

Well, the main reasons scientists are saying to wait on the booster is so that more data can be acquired to determine when to get a booster and what that booster should look like.

Well, the main reasons scientists are saying to wait on the booster is so that more data can be acquired to determine when to get a booster and what that booster should look like.

This. Also because there is pressure to encourage broader initial vaccination worldwide over boosters for wealthy nations.

40 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Agreed.   Is there a single trial on boosters?    I'd say the booster is possibly adding to the anti-vax hesitancy where even someone as pro-vax as I am looks at the vaccine now as a constant money maker pushed on a public where scientists and the FDA don't agree about a booster. 

2 minutes ago, midtown said:

Agreed.   Is there a single trial on boosters?    I'd say the booster is possibly adding to the anti-vax hesitancy where even someone as pro-vax as I am looks at the vaccine now as a constant money maker pushed on a public where scientists and the FDA don't agree about a booster. 

I think it brings up a conversation of how/when does this end? In a couple years when everyone has been exposed multiple times, will there be an off ramp from booster treadmill? Is it indefinite? No powerful company that is making 10s of Billions of dollars will give that up easily. 

Will it be like taking off your shoes at the airport 20 years after 9/11? I’m due for my Pfizer XXIII booster or else I won’t be able to go into work next week?

A FIVE-DAY COURSE of molnupiravir, the new medicine being hailed as a “huge advance” in the treatment of Covid-19, costs $17.74 to produce, according to a report issued last week by drug pricing experts at the Harvard School of Public Health and King’s College Hospital in London. Merck is charging the U.S. government $712 for the same amount of medicine, or 40 times the price.

Indian companies are planning to price the drug at less than $12 for a five-day course, according to recent reports.

https://theintercept.com/2021/10/05/covid-pill-drug-pricing-merck-ridgeback/

Honey, load up the Fifth Wheel, we driving to Mumble-Bye, Indiana…wherever the hell that Is.   Fuck it, we’ll Mapquest it on the way!  

Edited by Lobo