COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

Hey so can you help  me out with some advice? I initially got vaccinated with J&J in March and participated in the Texas cares study where I found my antibody count at 315 in August. So in late August, I got a Moderna shot by lying and saying I wasn't vaccinated. So now I'm reading that it is a good thing to change up like I did, but here is my question. I held off taking the second Moderna thinking that my antibody number is probably better and I can take second Moderna later to keep the count up. My next covid test for the study is next month, should I hold off after getting that info or should I get the second shot now?

Also, I'm hearing that the booster isn't going to be Iike the first shots but  that they are going to be different, I should get the second now, right? 

8 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Hey so can you help  me out with some advice? I initially got vaccinated with J&J in March and participated in the Texas cares study where I found my antibody count at 315 in August. So in late August, I got a Moderna shot by lying and saying I wasn't vaccinated. So now I'm reading that it is a good thing to change up like I did, but here is my question. I held off taking the second Moderna thinking that my antibody number is probably better and I can take second Moderna later to keep the count up. My next covid test for the study is next month, should I hold off after getting that info or should I get the second shot now?

Also, I'm hearing that the booster isn't going to be Iike the first shots but  that they are going to be different, I should get the second now, right? 

I'd ask your doctor.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I would get the 2nd now if you are 4 weeks out from your first.  For anyone who got J&J, I would just start over with Moderna because it's so much less effective.

16 hours ago, Satoshi said:

If you don’t mind sharing, what was her reaction? 

Was she able to get a medical exemption from further MRNA vaccination?

Liver and kidney failure. She had to be careflighted from Tyler to Baylor Medical ICU in Dallas. She recovered but it was very serious and she almost didn't survive the first couple of days. Around 33 years old, very healthy/fit, and no health issues. 

2 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Thanks Bolverk but I don't need to watch that because I've seen all of the gotcha clips already on social. I've been using them to bolster my arguments all over the interwebs. 

Gotcha. I only came across the article a few minutes ago and didn't realize it was already making the rounds. It's been a while since I've logged onto FB and the like.

25 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Apparently, Dr. Sanjay Gupta sat down with Joe Rogan, and they had a three-hour conversation about the vaccine. For those interested, here's his account of the discussion with an embedded link to the podcast.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/13/health/sanjay-gupta-joe-rogan-experience/index.html

It got super awkward Joe was trying to bully him & not let him talk. 

49 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Gotcha. I only came across the article a few minutes ago and didn't realize it was already making the rounds. It's been a while since I've logged onto FB and the like.

I was being a smart ass, because that's what people do. And it's infuriating. Take one out of context clip from a 180 minute interview and use it to prove their point that vaccine = bad and baby Jesus offers better protection. 

I'll edit to add the "both sides" clause. Dudes like Rex Chapman do this kind of shit all of the time, as well. Context is completely lost in the world we live in, unfortunately. 

Edited by Baboontyme

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Speaking only for myself and what I would do, I'd just finish the Moderna series and act like JNJ never happened moving forward. 

LOL at the Texas Cares study though.  Unless they make some changes to their survey questions about what vaccines an individual has taken, and provides a lot of off the label options, their biostatistician is going to lose their fucking mind when they get their hands on the dataset. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Speaking only for myself and what I would do, I'd just finish the Moderna series and act like JNJ never happened moving forward. 

LOL at the Texas Cares study though.  Unless they make some changes to their survey questions about what vaccines an individual has taken, and provides a lot of off the label options, their biostatistician is going to lose their fucking mind when they get their hands on the dataset. 

BIG sample, yada, yada.  There's likely to be some followup surveys by email if they do any significant subgroup analyses and don't have enough clarity in the collected data.

If their stats people can't handle all this, they need to pack up their SAS programs and move along.

Just now, SizzleChest said:

BIG sample, yada, yada.  There's likely to be some followup surveys by email if they do any significant subgroup analyses and don't have enough clarity in the collected data.

If their stats people can't handle all this, they need to pack up their SAS programs and move along.

It should be a pretty compelling set of data once they complete the data collection. Went to their website and looks like they have updated the survey tool to consider booster admin.

Can I participate if I have received or plan to receive a COVID-19 vaccine booster?

Yes! Our survey has been updated to capture booster information. For most accurate results, it is best to wait at least 14 days after your booster to get your antibody test.

5 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Liver and kidney failure. She had to be careflighted from Tyler to Baylor Medical ICU in Dallas. She recovered but it was very serious and she almost didn't survive the first couple of days. Around 33 years old, very healthy/fit, and no health issues. 

Such a crock of shit. If you’re gonna lie at least make it somewhat believable.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The vaccine caused both liver and kidney failure? Damn. Did her head explode too?

Well, see, we're looking to buy Immortal's friend a new kidney.  And they run like $50g's.  So we're taking up a collection, can you help out?

(knocks pepsi can out of hand)

Hey, one of these days you're gonna need something from Immortal's friend...and where will you then, huh?  You heartless wench! 

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well, see, we're looking to buy Immortal's friend a new kidney.  And they run like $50g's.  So we're taking up a collection, can you help out?

(knocks pepsi can out of hand)

Hey, one of these days you're gonna need something from Immortal's friend...and where will you then, huh?  You heartless wench! 

Must have hit a nerve with our immortal friend. He’s on a neg spree on me. Hope I'll be able to sleep tonight. 

8 hours ago, immortal13 said:

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Such a crock of shit. If you’re gonna lie at least make it somewhat believable.

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The vaccine caused both liver and kidney failure? Damn. Did her head explode too?

Let me help you out with this because you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

In very rare cases, a vaccine that induces a strong immune response can, In theory, cause such an inflammatory response that essentially a cytokine storm results. You could then end up with SIRS which can cause multi organ failure, such as what Immortal’s friend might have experienced. It’s safe to assume that when she showed up crashing they worked her up for an infectious cause and based on the timeline and presentation that was Doctors diagnosis. Most of the most serious reactions (GBS, tranverse myelitis, thrombosis) are not surprisingly related to similar perturbations of the immune system after vaccination. Again, extremely rare. 

Maybe you should stick to things you know more about, such as “accidentally” hanging out with groups  of old racist buddies in your spare time. 

Edited by Satoshi
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

43 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

In very rare cases, a vaccine that induces a strong immune response can, In theory, cause such an inflammatory response that essentially a cytokine storm results. You could then end up with SIRS which can cause multi organ failure, such as what Immortal’s friend might have experienced. It’s safe to assume that when she showed up crashing they worked her up for an infectious cause and based on the timeline and presentation that was Doctors diagnosis. Most of the most serious reactions (GBS, tranverse myelitis, thrombosis) are not surprisingly related to similar perturbations of the immune system after vaccination. Again, extremely rare. 

Maybe you should stick to things you know more about, such as “accidentally” hanging out with groups  of old racist buddies in your spare time. 

Aren't you the fake doctor guy? What's your specialty again?

55 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Whatever. You are here to provide us with anti vax propaganda and you continue to do so on at least your third handle. Nobody should listen to one word you say since you have already helped kill thousands of people with your bullshit.

Maybe you should just go shopping at the nearest wal mart in San Antonio since you claim to prefer that to shopping at HEB. 

Fraud.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Why would I dox myself in any fashion? Even the well liked docs here don’t spill anything.

Admitting you’re a chiro somewhere in north SA doesn’t dox yourself. But of course you won’t even admit that because you aren’t even that and are in fact a total fraud. 

Edited by JimmyJames

Flew to Atlanta on Southwest and the guy next to me coughed consistently the entire flight. It would have driven me crazy if it was a later flight where I couldn’t sleep. Any recourse if I catch the vid? You do have to agree that you are symptom free when you fly. 

On 10/14/2021 at 6:35 PM, JimmyJames said:

Must have hit a nerve with our immortal friend. He’s on a neg spree on me. Hope I'll be able to sleep tonight. 

Anybody that neg reps a scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off is obviously having a shitty day.  I'm not saying you need an encyclopedic knowledge of John Hughes' films, but his first clue I was being farcical was the term 'heartless wench.'  I mean, I get we're all trying to get vaccine information/disinformation crammed into our narrow narrative, but c'mon...it's Ferris Bueller.  Live a little.  Immortal seems funny sometimes, other times he seems like he's an even less fun Edward Rooney.  

23 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Why would I dox myself in any fashion? Even the well liked docs here don’t spill anything.

Well we know that chitowndoc is a doctor somewhere in Chicago. His handle gives that away. I think at some point he said he was a black dude too. But i don’t think i can google “black doctor in Chicago” and figure out who he actually is.

Just like I doubt if I googled “anti vax idiot chiro in north San Antonio” your name would suddenly appear. Or I guess maybe it would.

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Well we know that chitowndoc is a doctor somewhere in Chicago. His handle gives that away. I think at some point he said he was a black dude too. But i don’t think i can google “black doctor in Chicago” and figure out who he actually is.

Just like I doubt if I googled “anti vax idiot chiro in north San Antonio” your name would suddenly appear. Or I guess maybe it would.

Chiro in north San Antonio would work, too. Either way, you'd have 5 pages of names to scroll through.

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Most chiros are idiots, so that provides him a little cover.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:47 PM, Hate said:

I’m just calling it the way it should be an anti-Vaxxer is an anti-Vaxxer regardless of ethnicity.

Maybe I'm sheltered, but I haven't seen many minorities doing their best to spread misinformation, making the rounds on cable news, and invading school board meetings where their kids don't even attend.

I honestly don't care if people aren't vaccinated...just don't spread your stupidity to others. Shouting their stupidity from the rooftops is a white people specialty.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:08 PM, Bevo said:

Flew to Atlanta on Southwest and the guy next to me coughed consistently the entire flight. It would have driven me crazy if it was a later flight where I couldn’t sleep. Any recourse if I catch the vid? You do have to agree that you are symptom free when you fly. 

Hope y'all were both wearing facemasks - it would protect you pretty well. Especially if you have a K/N95

27 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Maybe I'm sheltered, but I haven't seen many minorities doing their best to spread misinformation, making the rounds on cable news, and invading school board meetings where their kids don't even attend.

I honestly don't care if people aren't vaccinated...just don't spread your stupidity to others. Shouting their stupidity from the rooftops is a white people specialty.

What do you think is being discussed in the anti vaccine communities?  They may not be on Facebook, but that message is being spread regardless.