Markets still falling like whoa

Netlist (NLST)

This stock was first mentioned on the Surly discord site last February around $1 and it is now trading around $4.5. They have patents for DIMM chips that a bunch of companies are apparently infringing on.

Their '912 patent was upheld by the PTAB and CAFC and it appears that the case has not been appealed to the Supreme Court so the next step is for all the infringers to settle with NLST (ha! right). So if the legal battle has been decided then this is the time to consider taking a position in the company.

This website has a good summary of the patents and copies of court documents:  http://googlecheatednetlist.com/

this is not investment advice, do your own DD.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, WithoutAClue said:

Netlist (NLST)

This stock was first mentioned on the Surly discord site last February around $1 and it is now trading around $4.5. They have patents for DIMM chips that a bunch of companies are apparently infringing on.

Their '912 patent was upheld by the PTAB and CAFC and it appears that the case has not been appealed to the Supreme Court so the next step is for all the infringers to settle with NLST (ha! right). So if the legal battle has been decided then this is the time to consider taking a position in the company.

This website has a good summary of the patents and copies of court documents:  http://googlecheatednetlist.com/

this is not investment advice, do your own DD.

I got in around $1.85 and have been enjoying the ride

11 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Truth be told, the whole market is just a large scale roulette wheel....but it beats any of the alternatives (until it doesn't)

Horseshit.  When I make a trade that works out it is because I am a big brained captain of industry who understands the market and when I fuck up it is because the market is completely irrational and untethered from any kind of fundamentals. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Horseshit.  When I make a trade that works out it is because I am a big brained captain of industry who understands the market and when I fuck up it is because the market is completely irrational and untethered from any kind of fundamentals. 

And rigged, don't forget the market is always rigged when we lose money.

• Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

This is going to hurt

whoa (just like the thread title - it is right at least once a quarter, sometimes more frequently)

Past  performance  may  not  be  indicative  of  future  results.  Different  types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that the future performance  of any specific investment, investment strategy, or product made reference to directly or indirectly in this message board, will be profitable, equal any corresponding indicated historical performance level(s), or be suitable for your portfolio. Due to various factors, including changing market conditions, the content may no longer be reflective of current opinions or positions. Moreover, you should not assume that any  discussion or information contained in this message board serves as the receipt of, or as a substitute  for,  personalized  investment  advice. Never forget that we, collectively, are a bunch of assholes.

Edited by Wally Fairway
formatting

Friday’s gains have put all the three main indexes on track to end the week higher on concerns that the recovery in the U.S. economy was losing steam amid the fast-spreading Delta variant of the coronavirus.

Focus will now shift to second-quarter earnings, with big banks reporting next week. Analysts expect earnings growth of 65.8% for companies in the S&P 500 index in the quarter, up from a previous forecast of 54% growth at the start of the period, according to Refinitiv IBES data.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-stocks/us-stocks-sp-500-hits-fresh-peak-as-cyclicals-roar-back-idUSL3N2OL377

20 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

JPow needs to turn off Cable News.

I agree, but with all the liquidity in the upper stratosphere of the economy (and the demand to keep the good times rolling), any crisis can turn into a black swan (hat tip @bernorange). I fear we have reached the point of no return. Inflate or die is almost structural with western economies. We have the luxury to print as the major holder of the dominant currency - until we don't. 

We live in interesting times.

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

I agree, but with all the liquidity in the upper stratosphere of the economy (and the demand to keep the good times rolling), any crisis can turn into a black swan (hat tip @bernorange). I fear we have reached the point of no return. Inflate or die is almost structural with western economies. We have the luxury to print as the major holder of the dominant currency - until we don't. 

We live in interesting times.

Just kicking that can further down the road, and paying for the road to be extended with free money. Free money right out of the JPow brrrrrrtttttt machine

Just now, Wally Fairway said:

Just kicking that can further down the road, and paying for the road to be extended with free money. Free money right out of the JPow brrrrrrtttttt machine

Agree.  I believe we are at the point of no return. Inflate or die - it's too late to do anything else. On the bright side, financial assets inflate thanks to Powell, until they don't. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Lots of chatter about "reverse repo" by the fed heating up. This is not on mainstream media and I don't think 95% of the population would grasp the concept anyway. Anyone on here know the true impact?  I'm just seeing the doomsday prognostication on YouTube but there is quite a bit of it in the last couple of days.

16 hours ago, Newdoc said:

Lots of chatter about "reverse repo" by the fed heating up. This is not on mainstream media and I don't think 95% of the population would grasp the concept anyway. Anyone on here know the true impact?  I'm just seeing the doomsday prognostication on YouTube but there is quite a bit of it in the last couple of days.

Is this where the used car dealer comes to repo your car and you steal his while pretending to go into the house to look for your keys?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

The indices are being propped up by a few giants. If you look at the SPX, it barely budged. 

if you look at any other assemblage of stocks thats not the entire 500…it got obliterated

It's just infuriating to look at my entire portfolio being down 2-4% each day yet I look at the Dow and it was up 50 points.

10 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

It's just infuriating to look at my entire portfolio being down 2-4% each day yet I look at the Dow and it was up 50 points.

Ya and before this its been a few weeks if sector rotation fucking everyone in the butt. Oil, tech, finance, industrials….nobody was safe except passive index investors

Shit bro you should keep up with the gamestop folks...reverse repo, shit that was last months news... Been hearing about that since it was like at 300m what's it up to now 900m+

Shits borked

On 7/16/2021 at 4:31 PM, victory88 said:

Don’t look.  I’m down big today.  Fuck I’ve been down big the last 4-5 months.  Fuck my life

On 7/16/2021 at 5:13 PM, 52-80 said:

The indices are being propped up by a few giants. If you look at the SPX, it barely budged. 

if you look at any other assemblage of stocks thats not the entire 500…it got obliterated

On 7/16/2021 at 5:19 PM, ZB'Tejas said:

Who knew that socking away money into index funds would ever pay off instead of chasing the hot stocks of the moment?

19 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Ya and before this its been a few weeks if sector rotation fucking everyone in the butt. Oil, tech, finance, industrials….nobody was safe except passive index investors

Oh, right.

Just now, Bone3421 said:
11 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:
What a douche-bag statement. "Hey guys, what are you complaining about? I'm up!"

Sarcasm meter might be broken...21% loss on gains is still a big hit

Maybe, but I assumed you had a typo of 160% for the year and only a 21% monthly loss. I literally wouldn't be complaining about that. 

Oh, right.

It’s not chasing the hot stocks that’s just getting punished. Most of my portfolio is industrial, travel, tech and oil and gas. Travel might be taking a hit from delta rise but everything seems to be getting beat. My point on the S&P is that it’s holding from just one of two winning stocks. It’s not about being diversified right now.

I do believe it’s still just a consolidation period after some big growth so not selling. Just looking to add more to some specific stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk