Formula 1 2021

wood

3 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

They only let the cars in front of Max overtake the SC, what the actual fuck.

Only two ways to handle that situation and Masi chose the 3rd. We can disagree on the Turn 6 decision but the bottom line is that Lewis makes up the time and/or position easily. No reason for the race to be decided in this way. No fucking reason at all... 

Edit: a word

Edited by vicerous

Only two ways to handle that situation and Masi chose the 3rd. We can disagree on the Turn 6 decision but the bottom line is that Lewis makes up the time and/or position easily. No reason for the race to be decided in that way. No fucking reason at all... 

Yeah, if they wanted a one/two lap even battle, then Red Flag it, but holy fuck.

2 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

They only let the cars in front of Max overtake the SC, what the actual fuck.

I mean, exactly. And at the last possible moment, right into a restart.

I'm stoked that the race didn't end under yellow, and I'm not going to shed a single tear for Mercedes. But how the fuck will that stand under scrutiny?

1 minute ago, XYZ said:

What difference does that make? If they had done it earlier, the race still restarts with Max on Lewis’ tailpipes.

Just the inconsistency and springing it on the drivers at the last minute. Announce early under safety car that, if time allows, they'll let lapped traffic through and restart the race. No one would have issue with that.

Instead, they announced lapped traffic wouldn't be let through, changed their minds at the last minute, and sped threw the normal process.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

What difference does that make? If they had done it earlier, the race still restarts with Max on Lewis’ tailpipes.

No, there wouldn’t have been enough time to do it the normal way and the race would have ended under SC. They made one decision, then changed it, but then changed on the fly once again, and started the race once only the cars in front of Max had gone, but not the rest. Obviously the title battle is most important, but it also fucks with other constructors fighting each other too, since they were fighting two different restarts essentially, because some cars started on the lead lap, and some didn’t. It’s a fuck.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Just now, aggie08 said:

Just the inconsistency and springing it on the drivers at the last minute. Announce early under safety car that, if time allows, they'll let lapped traffic through and restart the race. No one would have issue with that.

Instead, they announced lapped traffic wouldn't be let through, changed their minds at the last minute, and sped threw the normal process.

If the roles were reversed you'd be saying, well it's only fair...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

One of the best out there. If McLaren can’t contend I’d really like to see the Smooth Operator go for the championship.

I just want more teams in contention.  I think this year was a great start to that. I usually like to see Germans win but the gap between Mercedes and the rest was not good for the sport.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, kevwun said:

They should have pitted Hamilton when Max came in the first time.  That was a lot of laps to hope there wouldn't be another safety car that would close the gap.

Under VSC? Maybe but that's a really hard (maybe impossible) decision to make when you're running away with the lead. IMO

Can't do shit about the SC 

Cant really feel bad for hamilton and mercedes. Still has 8 trophies and will retire as the most successful racer on history. F1 proves once again to be more drama than actual competition. And the Item of the Day is totos headset for managing to stay in 1 piece. 

• Like 1