Playoff Selection Final Rankings 12/20 11am

Vic Mackey

Every year I watch this dumb show and think to myself, "gosh I wish Texas was in the discussion one of these years."

And here we are with fucking Aggy right in the mix (I don't think they get in), while TCU and Baylor were in the running in the first year and OU is always close to the chase. Fuck 

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Rage+1 3

6 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

If there’s ever a year to put in a G5, it’s COVID year. This season will always have an asterisk next to it anyway. Why not give a little guy a chance when there’s no risk of rocking the boat that the committee has always strongly protected

Because the little guy needed a fg at the gun to beat Tulsa last night?  

3 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Every year I watch this dumb show and think to myself, "gosh I wish Texas was in the discussion one of these years."

And here we are with fucking Aggy right in the mix (I don't think they get in), while TCU and Baylor were in the running in the first year and OU is always close to the chase. Fuck 

I was told in no uncertain terms that we were back.

4 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

That is something depressing I hadn't thought of. We have never once been anywhere close to being in the discussion. And when you recruit like we do, you almost have to try to make that happen. 

Just now, Red Five said:

That is something depressing I hadn't thought of. We have never once been anywhere close to being in the discussion. And when you recruit like we do, you almost have to try to make that happen. 

It's difficult to be a part of the discussion when you recruit offensive linemen like we do.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, deech said:

I just have that sneaky feeling they are going to SEC Aggie into this thing.  

One thing we will learn very fast.. it will confirm aggy's acceptance to the SEC was purely strategic for TV eyeballs, or they are now a member of the "SEC Treatment" club. Remember Slocum is on the committee 

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

One thing we will learn very fast.. it will confirm aggy's acceptance to the SEC was purely strategic for TV eyeballs, or they are now a member of the "SEC Treatment" club. Remember Slocum is on the committee 

Arcee has to recuse himself when aggy comes up. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

1 Bama, 2 Clemson, 3 tOSU, 4 ND or Cincy. I say Cincy to avoid even the possibility of Clemson-ND 3. No aggy since we’ve already seen Aggy-Bama and it was a blowout.

I would replace TOSU with Cincy. 6 games with only 1 good win(NW was a joke and benefitted from a short season) should matter this season more than their name. The only bad part about that is the ACC replay. 

The committee is going to mess around and kill the sport if they don't open things up.

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I would replace TOSU with Cincy. 6 games with only 1 good win(NW was a joke and benefitted from a short season) should matter this season more than their name. The only bad part about that is the ACC replay. 

The committee is going to mess around and kill the sport if they don't open things up.

I didn't think it would be, but the CFP is worse than the BCS.

13 hours ago, tx ind said:

This is so easy to remedy.  8 teams comprised of the 5 conf champs, best mid major and 2 at larges. Fin.

For years I thought 8 teams was to many and would be detrimental to the regular season. Well the 4 team playoff has created an imbalance and things have become stagnant and boring. I say we become the NFL and if you earn it you are in even if your P5 conference sucks (NFC East) and the mid-majors should have play in game. Also with the 2 at large loses during the season still mean that every game is critical for those that do not win the conference.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Wow.... OSU as 3 is fucked up. 

Not really. They won the conference, which neither likely #4 can say. Avoids an ND/Clemson part 3 matchup. 

It’s about eyeballs 

Edited by Js1

18 minutes ago, WBT said:

I don't think Georgia and Cincy would beat both Indiana and NW.

NW was not what their ranking said they were. Look at who their wins(plus the loss to MSU). They definitely benefitted from the short season and other teams shittiness. It's not because of anything they did. And good teams dang sure don't give up 331 yards rushing to one back.

Just now, alphahorn said:

furk, better be Cinci at 4.  if ever a year to go with a non power 5 conference champion, this is it

Better be?

Prepared to be disappointed. They telegraphed it with Cincinnati at 9 in the last rankings. Not jumping 5 spots