Playoff Selection Final Rankings 12/20 11am

Vic Mackey

8 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

ND will be #4

Better wins than A&M

Played in championship game

Played 11 games

Haven't lost to Alabama by 4 touchdowns yet. No one wants a Alabama / A&M placeholder game

SEC should get screwed by their imbalanced stupid division setup.

A&M has record in large part because of how bad SEC is this year (outside Bama)

Yeah so aggys best win is 8-3 Florida.. Florida's best win is 7-2 Georgia... Georgia's best win is 6-4 Auburn. SEC does not deserve 2 teams 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, markstanco said:
11 hours ago, DFW Horn said:
ND getting in is bullshit, but if it fucks over aggy I'm all for it.

Why is it bullshit? They beat #1.

Without their starting QB. Is Clemson now #1?

Don't care who's #4. They're gonna get rolled anyway. Prefer it's not aggy

It's all moot anyway.  Whoever wins this year will get a big, fat asterisk next to their title.  No way OSU has earned a spot on the field.  We don't know the relative strength of conferences, because no one played OOC games.  Random games were cancelled due to COVID, affecting some teams more than others.  This season is just a big pile of shit, and the choice of playoff teams will be largely based on reputation rather than on-field performance.

1 minute ago, Ultimate Failure said:

It's all moot anyway.  Whoever wins this year will get a big, fat asterisk next to their title.  No way OSU has earned a spot on the field.  We don't know the relative strength of conferences, because no one played OOC games.  Random games were cancelled due to COVID, affecting some teams more than others.  This season is just a big pile of shit, and the choice of playoff teams will be largely based on reputation rather than on-field performance.

I'm pretty convinced Alabama and Clemson are the 2 best teams in the country. I don't need to see USC play Purdue to inform me of that opinion.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, B00M said:

Unfortunately it appears the 4-team playoff has damaged college football on the whole. Gotta go to 8 or back to BCS

Sort of agree. Never thought I'd say that. Eight is perfect -- five auto berths to P5 conference champs and maybe auto for best G5 team if in Top 10 or 12 and then two or three at-larges depending on how you go with G5.

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

1 Bama, 2 Clemson, 3 tOSU, 4 ND or Cincy. I say Cincy to avoid even the possibility of Clemson-ND 3. No aggy since we’ve already seen Aggy-Bama and it was a blowout.

ND has zero chance of beating Bama. It's going to be Bama-Clemson in the title game -- again.

I don’t think there will be much of an asterisk when Bama or Clemson wins it.

Without their starting QB. Is Clemson now #1?
Don't care who's #4. They're gonna get rolled anyway. Prefer it's not aggy

Yeah it basically comes down to which team that’s already been crushed by a real contender do you want to throw in as a sacrifice. Honestly might as well throw Cindy a bone in that scenario. The game would probably play out about the same and it placates the G5
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Ultimate Failure said:

yeah, i said this exact thing in September...followed with 'hey, it might finally be aggy's year!'

i had no idea how right that would be lol. my aggy friend basically agreed in September...but this weekend when i repeated it he got testy about it and started with all the reasons this season was a miracle 🤣 can't imagine why lol

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I have aggy cousins that I tolerate.  That's as far as it goes.

I'm so sorry. I had no idea. 

I have some okie lite in the family - one of whom went to law school at OU but holds allegiance to the pokes so I didn't find out until pretty recently. No aggy fortunately.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah it basically comes down to which team that’s already been crushed by a real contender do you want to throw in as a sacrifice. Honestly might as well throw Cindy a bone in that scenario. The game would probably play out about the same and it placates the G5

The committee isn't gonna throw Cincinnati, San Jose, or any other G5 a bone with only 4 teams bc TV ratings. Only helmet schools qualify. Sucks, but it is what it is.

It is sorta fun returning to Texags now. If they don't get in, it's because everybody has agendas and is against poor aggy.

There are no truthful opinions that don't support A&M; there are only meanies trying to keep them down.

My worthless opinion? They didn't even make their conference championship game. That would put them out, all things considered.

On the other hand, it would be nice to see somebody new in the playoff for new matchups, but they've already lost to Alabama once. ND would be playing Clemson for the third time. This is getting really boring.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I will be very shocked if Aggy gets in over Notre Dame. Notre Dame has a bigger alumni base, more fans, more money, more prestige. That matters in the eyes of the committee. This aggy talk is just drama to drum up ratings in advance of the show. 

LOLno.  Otherwise, perfect.

The manufactured hype on this is hilarious. It's going to be Bama vs. ND and Clemson vs OSU. They're not moving undefeated Alabama out of the #1 spot and forcing them into the OSU meat grinder when everyone else has lost a game.

They're not putting aggy in to lose by 50 again and they're certainly not going to put Cincy in.

• Hook 'Em 1

The committee ended up getting a pretty easy job this year - Bama, Clemson, OSU, ND in that order. Aggy has the biggest complaint but the season-long resumes speak for themselves. The losses cancel each other out and ND has better wins.

I'm no fan of OSU but I think people are discounting them too much just because of one ugly game (NW) without 22 players. It's not their fault they only played 6 games and they won every other game soundly. I'd guess Clemson will only be a 3-5 point favorite in that game.

Just now, Tex-19 said:

The committee ended up getting a pretty easy job this year - Bama, Clemson, OSU, ND in that order. Aggy has the biggest complaint but the season-long resumes speak for themselves. The losses cancel each other out and ND has better wins.

I'm no fan of OSU but I think people are discounting them too much just because of one ugly game (NW) without 22 players. It's not their fault they only played 6 games and they won every other game soundly. I'd guess Clemson will only be a 3-5 point favorite in that game.

OSU struggled with Indiana, too.

Not only does ND have better wins but their one and only loss (that seems to put their spot in jeopardy) was in the conference championship game. If they were like Aggy and had not made it to their conference
championship game, they would remain undefeated. I feel like this point is not brought up in the national discussion.

Not only does ND have better wins but their one and only loss (that seems to put their spot in jeopardy) was in the conference championship game. If they were like Aggy and had not made it to their conference
championship game, they would remain undefeated. I feel like this point is not brought up in the national discussion.
It's pretty well assumed by all which is why nobody gives aggy a chance to get in