Playoff Selection Final Rankings 12/20 11am

Vic Mackey

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

aggy would be 4 if they get in. Top 3 are set. It is about who gets the 4 seed at this point. 

No, they won't have an SEC rematch in the first round. 

There's still a big cloud around tOSU regarding their short schedule. They'll go in as 4 as to make it appear they will "earn it" if they beat Bama

• Hook 'Em 1

I do think the committee chooses ND over aggy for the 4th spot.

Aggys 3 best wins are #7 Florida, N/R Auburn, and N/R LSU

ND's best 3 wins are #3Clemson and #15 UNC and #18 Miami

Their 1 loss each are a near wash with ND's loss coming to #3 Clemson and aggy losing to #1 Bama.

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

ND's best 3 wins are #2Clemson and #15 UNC and #18 Miami

Their 1 loss each are a near wash with ND's loss coming to #2 Clemson and aggy losing to #1 Bama.

Yep, there is not really any argument for A&M over Notre Dame other than "but they're in the SEC."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Houston20 said:

Bama, Clemson, tosu, Notre Dame in that order imo.

Case against atm: Beat (and played) one ranked team all season. They've beaten two teams with winning records, one of those being 6-4 Auburn. Didn't win their division much less their conference. I'd put Cincy in over them.

matthew bingo GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

ND's best 3 wins are #3Clemson and #15 UNC and #18 Miami

Their 1 loss each are a near wash with ND's loss coming to #3 Clemson and aggy losing to #1 Bama.

Agree.  ND has the better resume and they look like the better team.  Aggy was unimpressive in beating mediocre Auburn and bad Arky and LSU teams.  They played two ranked teams and split them, one a blowout loss.  I'm obviously biased, but I don't see how anyone who isn't an SEC honk can make a reasonable argument that aggy has a better resume than ND.  The only stone they can throw is that ND lost later.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I am shocked at how many talking heads I've heard tonight say that ND shouldn't worry.

They shouldn't because they are Notre Dame. Fucking aggy isn't getting in over the a major brand with a legitimate claim to the 4th.

• Like 1

If I had to bet money, the committee is going to go the path of least resistance/helmet test

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. TOSU

4. ND

So we will end up with Bama-Clemson part 17. I got Clemson in a close one.

BTW, TOSU should probably should be left out, if we are being honest. 6 win? And don't waste your time telling me about #14 Nw. Good teams absolutely do not give up 331 yds rushing to one player. NW was not a good team.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

If I had to bet money, the committee is going to go the path of least resistance/helmet test

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. TOSU

4. ND

So we will end up with Bama-Clemson part 17. I got Clemson in a close one.

Bama/Clemson is becoming like Golden State/Cleveland where they met 4 times in a row in the Finals. I can't remember when 2 teams dominated this much at the same time for years at a time. With how recruiting is, it is very hard to have any parity in college football. Not sure when Bama and Clemson will fall off. They are football factories. You can throw Ohio St in there, too although they aren't on their levels but they are in the discussion seemingly every year.

7 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

Media wants ND vs Bama for viewership 

I don't want to see Bama/aggy again. Been there done that. Another blowout. I know ND lost today but at least we have not seen ND/Bama this year. And we know the decision makers and media loves ND. I really don't want to see ND either because they are boring as fuck and suck in big games.But Cincy and Coastal are not getting in. USC won't either. So I am purely rooting for ND over aggy.

If we were in aggy's shoes right now and their resume, we absolutely get in. aggy does not have a national brand anyone cares about. They will never get the benefit of the doubt and will sweat it out unless they outright win the conference, which they haven't even came close to doing yet.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, there is not really any argument for A&M over Notre Dame other than "but they're in the SEC."

Aggy screams it’s about resume and not one game (that they lost by 28). ND agrees, as they have a better resume. 

“BUT YOU JUST LOST BY 24 POINTS!!!”

11 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Agree.  ND has the better resume and they look like the better team.  Aggy was unimpressive in beating mediocre Auburn and bad Arky and LSU teams.  They played two ranked teams and split them, one a blowout loss.  I'm obviously biased, but I don't see how anyone who isn't an SEC honk can make a reasonable argument that aggy has a better resume than ND.  The only stone they can throw is that ND lost later.

I've received multiple texts tonight from aggy friends talking Texags fan fiction. If I get one more text about SEC wins I am going to start insulting people I actually like until I break their soul.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Bama/Clemson is becoming like Golden State/Cleveland where they met 4 times in a row in the Finals. I can't remember when 2 teams dominated this much at the same time for years at a time. With how recruiting is, it is very hard to have any parity in college football. Not sure when Bama and Clemson will fall off. They are football factories. You can throw Ohio St in there, too although they aren't on their levels but they are in the discussion seemingly every year.

True. At some point Saban has to get old. Or Dabo gets tired. Until we get a expanded  playoff, it's all we got. 

43 minutes ago, satyanash said:

That game more or less cemented A&M's spot. Everything that had to go right for aggy today, did.

This is what I fear. They either needed ND to win or have Clemson blow them out. They hit that. Ohio St struggled. Florida kept it close with Bama although they never once had a lead and Bama also had their way with them. But still, they kept it close and it was a one score game. This makes their best win look better.  As a team who didn't control their own destiny, this is the best thing that could have happened aside from ND winning and Ohio St losing. They have won 7 in a row. ND just got assraped. 

16 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

True. At some point Saban has to get old. Or Dabo gets tired. Until we get a expanded  playoff, it's all we got. 

I think those programs are so cemented and established, they will run themselves after those guys move on. Ohio St and OU did the same right after Stoops and Meyer left. They recruit themselves and have so much talent every year, you can go out there with a lesser coach and just out talent your schedule.

It might depend on how the committee feels after watching these games all day in that creepy room while social distancing. ND picked a terrible time to get their butt kicked. It doesn’t mean the committee won’t decide to put them through. But Florida playing Bama so tough tonite and ATM winning against their crappy opponent this afternoon in decent enough fashion might be enough for their “eye test.” Maybe not. But ATM is in the discussion and we are digging stale Cheez-it’s out of our couch cushions. 

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. Ohio State (I wish we had an 8 team playoff)

4. ATM or ND

Edited by Nicole44

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

It might depend on how the committee feels after watching these games all day in that creepy room while social distancing. ND picked a terrible time to get their butt kicked. It doesn’t mean the committee won’t decide to put them through. But Florida playing Bama so tough tonite and ATM winning against their crappy opponent in decent enough fashion might be enough for their “eye test.” Maybe not. But ATM is in the discussion and we are digging stale Cheez-it’s out of our couch cushions. 

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. Ohio State (I wish we had an 8 team playoff)

4. ATM or ND

And we are stuck with Herman.

angry spongebob squarepants GIF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think those programs are so cemented and established, they will run themselves after those guys move on. Ohio St and OU did the same right after Stoops and Meyer left. They recruit themselves and have so much talent every year, you can go out there with a lesser coach and just out talent your schedule.

Who knows if Riley will end up with better long term results than Stoops, but he’s definitely better than late-era Stoops so you can’t really say he’s “a lesser coach”. Also, Day is hardly a lesser coach than Urban.

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

Who knows if Riley will end up with better long term results than Stoops, but he’s definitely better than late-era Stoops so you can’t really say he’s “a lesser coach”. Also, Day is hardly a lesser coach than Urban.

Urban has made his mark with 3 different programs and brought them to the top in Utah, Florida and Ohio St. He left Day with all the resources he needed to just keep the car in cruise control. Day has not did anything that tells me he is not a lesser coach than Urban. Urban is one of the best modern coaches in the game. Day is just the guy who took over and did not have to build anything.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Urban has made his mark with 3 different programs and brought them to the top in Utah, Florida and Ohio St. He left Day with all the resources he needed to just keep the car in cruise control. Day has not did anything that tells me he is not a lesser coach than Urban. Urban is one of the best modern coaches in the game. Day is just the guy who took over and did not have to build anything.

Clown Harbaugh helps.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fair, I’m just calling my shot. Day is/was a top tier recruiter, and just needs to make a co-DC change (like Meyer had to several times) for them to get back to being a top 10 defense next year. I mean Day has landed Fields, CJ Stroud, Kyle McCord, and now Ewers in consecutive classes. I think he’ll match or surpass Urban’s ratio of NC seasons:non-NC seasons if he stays there for a while.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

which is bullshit because ND shouldn't be penalized because aggy had a cream puff game today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

A&M will be in the Orange Bowl since it’s the highest ranked non-playoff SEC/ACC matchup. They’ll square up with Mack and probably win, but it might be close.

Mack might beat their ass.  He’s had his “problem schools” over the years, but aggy wasn’t ever one of them.