Brian Kelly or Bust

RGBIII

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Alright, I’m sorry I guess I’m just in a sour mood about our situation and I can’t stand unrealistic possibilities. It really, in my opinion, makes us look like Aggies. I had several friends start text chains yesterday with Brian Kelly to UT as the topic, linking JS to it. The idea is preposterous.

Note I’m not in the Urb thread saying the same shit, because I recognize that thread is mainly for fun. I’ve had a lot of fun in there too. 

I'm curious what you think is realistic. Who do we wind up with?

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Alright, I’m sorry I guess I’m just in a sour mood about our situation and I can’t stand unrealistic possibilities. It really, in my opinion, makes us look like Aggies. I had several friends start text chains yesterday with Brian Kelly to UT as the topic, linking JS to it. The idea is preposterous.

Note I’m not in the Urb thread saying the same shit, because I recognize that thread is mainly for fun. I’ve had a lot of fun in there too. 

Unrealistic like aggy getting Jimbo right? 

Brian Kelly's first seven seasons were pretty much like what we have.

A lot of ND fans wanted him gone. The message board chatter was Kelly wasn't good enough.

Brian Kelly was able to turn the corner at ND because they stuck with him. 

People want to talk about what he has done the last 4 years.

I am looking at Year 1-7. Because if Kelly averages 8-5 and 9-4 for seven years at Texas 

He would be wanting to push him out like some of you are doing with Herman 

Edited by TheWellofInformation
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 16

A lot of ND fans wanted him gone. The message board chatter was Kelly wasn't good enough.
I am looking at Year 1-7. Because if Kelly averages 8-5 and 9-4 for seven years at Texas 

What he would be inheriting is a better and more coherent program than he took over at ND. Notre Dame had won 3, 6 and 5 games in the seasons prior. It was basically a full rebuild. Texas is not a rebuild, it's a "sign here, put a burnt orange hat on and don't be a moron with the emotional intelligence of a teenager and you can win 10 and play in the CCG basically every year as a floor" situation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

The amount of people raging on hiring Kelly is fucking stupid. Half the posters this board are made up of the guys who spend the entire night at the bar simping on the 11/10 chick who isn’t in to them and then goes home and jerks it to her Facebook. Instead of going home with 8/10 girls and actually getting laid.

Half of Surly ain’t going home with 8s. I can assure you of that. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yes. That was surprising. Then again they make bold moves. We quibble and are bureaucratic. 

Well I think your pessimism is unfounded and will be shown to be unnecessary very soon. I don’t hang on every word that the 995ers say but there’s enough smoke out there and I trust @closetojumping fully. Would be our luck to swing and miss but our chances of a big hit should not be understated

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:
10 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

What he would be inheriting is a better and more coherent program than he took over at ND. Notre Dame had won 3, 6 and 5 games I'm the seasons prior. It was basically a full rebuild. Texas is not.

Was when Herman took the job.

Brian Kelly was given the time and space to improve ND. 

Those 4 consecutive 10 wins seasons didn't come without going through years 1-7.  

So some of you are wanting Brian Kelly but truthfully we may already have him 

• Fuck You 16

18 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

Negged for suggesting that we continue to be a resting spot for an immature and very average coach that does not show he has the capacity to turn the corner.

4 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

Those 4 consecutive 10 wins seasons didn't come without going through years 1-7.  

No, no no. Kelley is, always has been and always will be a better head coach than Tom Herman.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wut?  He won 12 games and made the BCS championship his third year at ND.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about once again. Kelly went 12-0 and played in the national title game his third year. No one would be calling for Herman’s firing if he went undefeated/made it to the playoffs last year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Where are the stories about Brian Kelly’s players hating him so much that they negative recruit their own program? Herman’s program has been that way from day one. Herman is a known quantity - a fuckface that also happens to be a raging asshole/alcoholic. Give me ANYTHING other than that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about once again. Kelly went 12-0 and played in the national title game his third year. No one would be calling for Herman’s firing if he went undefeated/made it to the playoffs last year. 

Brian Kelly is having success at ND right now because they stuck with him 

12-0 was an anomaly when you look at all the other years 

Just do you because CDC doesn't care.

They aren't going to fire him for going 8-5 like ND didn't fire Kelly for going 8-5 

• Fuck You 14

1 minute ago, TheWellofInformation said:

They aren't going to fire him for going 8-5 like ND didn't fire Kelly for going 8-5 

You don’t get to say that 12 win season was an anomaly. Look at his entire body of work at Notre Dame. You’re cherry picking to fit a narrative that Herman needs more time. Fuck that. If he wasn’t a fucking dickhead he wouldn’t even be on the hot seat. Instead he’s a fuckface and here we are. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Well I think your pessimism is unfounded and will be shown to be unnecessary very soon. I don’t hang on every word that the 995ers say but there’s enough smoke out there and I trust @closetojumping fully. Would be our luck to swing and miss but our chances of a big hit should not be understated

They are looking to create content so they are creating rumors.

Sad how self destructive some in the fanbase are. 

• Fuck You 14

3 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

TheWellofMisInformation

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Istian said:

You don’t get to say that 12 win season was an anomaly. Look at his entire body of work at Notre Dame. You’re cherry picking to fit a narrative that Herman needs more time. Fuck that. If he wasn’t a fucking dickhead he wouldn’t even be on the hot seat. Instead he’s a fuckface and here we are. 

You know him personally

• Fuck You 13

Just now, TheWellofInformation said:

CDC already said that Tom Herman isn't going anywhere.

But continue to think that they are actively looking for another coach.

Continue to push rumors made up by people who have zero connection to the program besides running a website 

Oh fuck off aggy, go troll somewhere else

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

he was in the NCG in his 3rd year.

Just now, TheWellofInformation said:

You are trolling your own fanbase 

Anyone who disagrees with your nonsense you flip out 

Pretty sad and pathetic

Lol as sad and pathetic as coming onto another teams message board. Go cry about missing the playoff some more

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Lol as sad and pathetic as coming onto another teams message board. Go cry about missing the playoff some more

Are you that delusional 

If I was aggy I would be playing with this nonsense to create more uncertainty around Tom Herman 

Edited by TheWellofInformation
  • Fuck You 16

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Go for it. I like you as a poster. But if you neg me, I’ll hit you back, generally. 

You can have a dipshit post like accusing immamac of driving up traffic which is what a site like surly needs but don’t like being negged? I’ll take your line here normally used for my boy drew. Shut the fuck up Rex. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

You want to look like Auburn 

They were the idiots this year. Luckily not us 

If you had your way we would be stuck with a replacement like Charlie Strong again 

I've read lots of your useless opinions. Where's all the information? 

13 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

You want to look like Auburn 

They were the idiots this year. Luckily not us 

If you had your way we would be stuck with a replacement like Charlie Strong again 

Hey dude, you are new around here. At -100 you go to purgatory. -200 you are banned. 

You may want to stick around and explore the board a bit before you commit suicide by talking shit in a single thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Not a guy who has a pinnacle job that’s in the playoff. He’s not coming to this mess after his success here. I thought Urban might’ve been realistic because of his situation until I realized it was very much wishful thinking. 

I am not a big fan of Kelly and would prefer Meyer. But If Urban doesn’t come here then we have pretty limited choices with low risk. Kelly represents one of the few low risk candidates. And the reason any coach would leave one job for another is money. We can and would offer Kelly a substantial amount more than what he is currently being paid to coach here. Any sane person realizes that a jump from say 6 million to 8 million is substantial. And considering that we were talking about 12 million for Urban, Kelly’s agent has a lot of room to negotiate. Let me put it another way, I have no fucking clue what you are talking about. We have an above average team with unlimited resources. Why would you even begin to think the situation here is a mess? Because Herman isn’t a great coach? Because we have high expectations? It takes a lot of mental gymnastics to come to your conclusion. It is pretty simple. If Kelly wants to make more money and he is offered the job, the decision is pretty straightforward. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

What he would be inheriting is a better and more coherent program than he took over at ND. Notre Dame had won 3, 6 and 5 games in the seasons prior. It was basically a full rebuild. Texas is not a rebuild, it's a "sign here, put a burnt orange hat on and don't be a moron with the emotional intelligence of a teenager and you can win 10 and play in the CCG basically every year as a floor" situation.

I wish I could like this post 10 more times. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I am not a big fan of Kelly and would prefer Meyer. But If Urban doesn’t come here then we have pretty limited choices with low risk. Kelly represents one of the few low risk candidates. And the reason any coach would leave one job for another is money. We can and would offer Kelly a substantial amount more than what he is currently being paid to coach here. Any sane person realizes that a jump from say 6 million to 8 million is substantial. And considering that we were talking about 12 million for Urban, Kelly’s agent has a lot of room to negotiate. Let me put it another way, I have no fucking clue what you are talking about. We have an above average team with unlimited resources. Why would you even begin to think the situation here is a mess? Because Herman isn’t a great coach? Because we have high expectations? It takes a lot of mental gymnastics to come to your conclusion. It is pretty simple. If Kelly wants to make more money and he is offered the job, the decision is pretty straightforward. 

I'm sure Kelly will bring a very competent staff with no "Htown Takeover", runny eggs bullshit.  that is the problem I have with the discussions of G5 new school guys or hot coordinators.  Yes stoops worked out from a co-ordinator position but we need something with a high floor.

Charlie was lost and Herman was "runnin' with my dogs".  Herman thought he could recruit and Mensa.  Fucked around with a bunch of barely G5 level coaches and failed P5 OC and found out.

Build a competent staff who players trust and run the shit with an iron fist and the world is your oyster at Texas.

I wonder if Ash asked Urban if he should take the gig with Herman?

Kelly would be a damn good hire with a very high floor IMO. he doesn't seem incompetent or immature, which would be nice.  Maybe this is all a long con by NBC to get Urban the Notre Dame gig?

this thread is a nice siesta though....Now back to the "we gettin' Urban!" thread

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheWellofInformation said:

Kelly went 4-8 in year #7.  He would likely have been fired but for a hefty contract extension in #6.  BK got the message and changed how he ran the program. (Kelly hired two coordinators from outside his network, that had never happened) Thus it's discussed as a "Kelly 2.0" reboot.

It's funny because not even two years ago we were moaning that UT got the best limb of the Urban coaching tree when you won the Sugar Bowl shortly after we got stomped in the Cotton.

• Hook 'Em 1