Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

He's right. We are celebrating beating the #2 team from the vaunted SEC and frankly, won't stop celebrating it any time soon, especially when we continue to get daily reminders of how much that win broke aggy. And yes, we are LITERALLY celebrating the fact that we finished ahead of aggy because it is fucking hilarious. And yes Chin Pubes, we are ignoring the ESPN rankings because everyone ignores them. And the transitive property in college football is never a good argument, even for a trog doing an extremely long-running Smashmouth cosplay.

If you really want to see their blood pressure spike, just mention that the Horns beat Georgia much more impressively than Alabama did.  So obviously Texas would have dominated ANY TEAM in the SEC using the transitive property.

Edited by sushihorn
+rep for the Smashmouth reference
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RabidM said:

We don't ignore the ESPN rankings. They're accounted for in the composite ranking. He's cherry picking one subset of data and ignoring the whole. 

He’s cherry picking the minority as correct and the majority as flawed. And then taking the next step and claiming the flaw is conspiratorial in nature. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Hilarious they believe they're landing a 5* RB, and some kid from Seattle will give them the time of day. Hell, they might as well add Milton to the mix since they're so desirable. Why stop there? 

He's not a 5*. Do you ever get anything right?

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Tell me a story about an interesting recruitment or coaching change.

I'd say the most interesting coaching changes in recent years would have to be the Chavis and Elko hires simply because of some of the monster names that were involved, and in each instance, VERY close (as in within hours) of taking the job. Interestingly enough, Jimbo really ended up getting his man in Elko, with Aranda coming out of left field and wanting the job in much the same way Chavis did, only confusing the situation late while Elko was still coaching at Notre Dame and had not yet signed or formally taken the job. The first time around, I'm 100% convinced Sumlin had chosen D.J. Durkin (and Greg Mattison from Michigan) over Bud Foster when Chief came calling from Baton Rouge. Throw in the fact that the plane was gassed up and ready to go pick up Pat Narduzzi prior to the Chavis hire, and you have some pretty entertaining drama to follow Not to mention the ridiculousness that was out there in the form of false rumors. Funny thing is, the last three head coaching hires have been very quick and without much drama whatsoever, even pulling Jimbo away from FSU didn't feature much drama outside of the last few days. When a Christmas tree on the curb and whether or not the coach is going to work the sidelines of the final game, you're doing pretty good.

This is some straight up, uncut, 100% pure aggie cocaine delusion. 

Once you reach that level of delusion, you may as well throw in Belichick as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

using transitive property to devalue the Georgia win is the most aggy move ever. 

We have beaten Georgia more times than aggy since they joined the SEC.  wait, why?  

That will still be the case in Dec when, you know, aggy has actually played them after 8 years.

57 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Are you crazy kids insinuating there's something suspicious about a self-confirmed bachelor of approximate 40 years of age who loves to hang in Vegas with "the boys" and who expresses public excitement about who his "valentine's date" is? #ThatBlowoutTho

It depends.  Did Looch and "the boys" stay at the Artisan?

Burton said today one of the aggy OL commits that visited this past weekend wanted to flip to Texas. The coaching staff told him to pound sand, because everyone knows we are getting Lindberg and George to go along with the other 3 guys currently committed.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Burton said today one of the aggy OL commits that visited this past weekend wanted to flip to Texas. The coaching staff told him to pound sand, because everyone knows we are getting Lindberg and George to go along with the other 3 guys currently committed.

But the ministry said neither of them enjoyed their visit. Guess that is why. 

39 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

What did he say? I can’t find it. 

40 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Screencap if you can, sir?

Sounds like Burton deleted it. But this is what was posted on the Texas 2020 board:

I'm told a verbal commitment of Texas A&M's, a player who visited Texas this weekend, wanted to discuss flipping his pledge to the Horns on Saturday. But the Horns' coaches were unwilling to go there because they had higher priorities on the board still available at that specific position.

So naturally what happened?

The player who just an hour earlier was trying to flip to Texas, then became all anti-Texas.

No big deal. It happens.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Sounds like Burton deleted it. But this is what was posted on the Texas 2020 board:

Hide contents

I'm told a verbal commitment of Texas A&M's, a player who visited Texas this weekend, wanted to discuss flipping his pledge to the Horns on Saturday. But the Horns' coaches were unwilling to go there because they had higher priorities on the board still available at that specific position.

So naturally what happened?

The player who just an hour earlier was trying to flip to Texas, then became all anti-Texas.

No big deal. It happens.

Thanks, have some rep. We all view Damien George as a future guard, or that he sticks at tackle? I'm assuming that player was Akinola Ogunbiyi considering how pro aTm he was coming out of the meeting, but Chibuzo makes more sense. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks, have some rep. We all view Damien George as a future guard, or that he sticks at tackle? I'm assuming that player was Akinola Ogunbiyi considering how pro aTm he was coming out of the meeting, but Chibuzo makes more sense. 

Left to right, here's how I envision it:

Garth-Majors-Parr-George-Lindberg

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Left to right, here's how I envision it:

Garth-Majors-Parr-George-Lindberg

if you're envisioning a line blocking against a traditional 4-down front (i.e., from left to right a 9 or 7 tech DE, a 3 tech DT, a 1 tech NG, and a 4 or 5 tech DE), which is what/how most people usually project an OL, then I've got to think the staff will flip Majors and George in your lineup.

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

George is likely a guard. I’ll be surprised if he sticks at tackle. I’ll also be a little surprised if he excels at guard. He’s already on the tall side and doesn’t have the best feet ever. I’m not real high on George. His listed weight is 320 but IT he said he told them he played the title game at 340-350. He reminds me a bit of some of the guys we’ve made fun of other schools for taking, although I don’t think he’s that bad. 

In a vacuum, I think we could find a better prospect with our 5th OL take, but there’s obviously the Evans factor, and if he helps us get Evans then it’s worth it.

Edited by Burt Macklin

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

George is likely a guard. I’ll be surprised if he sticks at tackle. I’ll also be a little surprised if he sticks at guard. I’m not real high on George. His listed weight is 320 but IT he said he told them he played the title game at 340-350. He reminds me a bit of some of the guys we’ve made fun of other schools for taking, although I don’t think he’s that bad. 

In a vacuum, I think we could find a better prospect with our 5th OL take, but there’s obviously the Evans factor, and if he helps us get Evans then it’s worth it.

The weight is concerning however even Shephard got his weight down.  shouldnt be too hard if he works at it.  

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Chibuzo is probably going to get trapped door'd with Turner gone and is looking for a landing spot.

13 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

I know Shannon Terry very well and consider him a friend, and I know for a fact there's no anti-A&M bias on his part. I also know that Bobby Burton's involvement in these things is no longer anything close to what it was, but my honest opinion is that Texas seems to have some level of heightened influence somewhere in the process.

tenor.gif?itemid=8649339

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

The weight is concerning however even Shephard got his weight down.  shouldnt be too hard if he works at it.  

It’s not just the weight. He doesn’t have the feet or athleticism of Shepherd and he bends at the waste a lot. I will say, he doesn’t have any film from this year posted, so hopefully he’s improved in some of those areas.

I’m not sure he would be one of the staff’s top 5 without Evans, but he’s not a total JAG either, so it’s fine.

Just now, Katfid54 said:

*Waist, you puss-brained ptarmigan!

That’s what I get for typing on my phone.

Just now, texifornia said:

Fedora and Beaty hires are because "Herman got his head caved in on the Texas recruiting trail"

Lulz. Yes we hired two former HCs who can’t leave campus to beat aggy in recruiting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lulz. Yes we hired two former HCs who can’t leave campus to beat aggy in recruiting.

Texas signed one of the best recruiting classes in the nation in back to back years.  Tom Herman has a great start on a 3rd class that is equal to or better than the last 2.  The lies aggy have to tell each other to get through the day are just amazing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same old crap Luicci. He personally attacked Mack when he was here, then followed that with personally attacking Charlie (Chollie as he refered to him, which is a racist name) while he was here. Now he’s attacking Herman and BC. If I were an aggy, I’d be embarrassed of him, not supporting him.

1 minute ago, sushihorn said:

Texas signed one of the best recruiting classes in the nation in back to back years.  Tom Herman has a great start on a 3rd class that is equal to or better than the last 2.  The lies aggy have to tell each other to get through the day are just amazing.

It’s why Luicci tries to put the narrative out there that Herman is getting killed by Jimbo. He knows what’s coming.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Jimbo really ended up getting his man in Elko, with Aranda coming out of left field and wanting the job in much the same way Chavis did, only confusing the situation late while Elko was still coaching at Notre Dame and had not yet signed or formally taken the job. The first time around, I'm 100% convinced Sumlin had chosen D.J. Durkin (and Greg Mattison from Michigan) over Bud Foster when Chief came calling from Baton Rouge. Throw in the fact that the plane was gassed up and ready to go pick up Pat Narduzzi prior to the Chavis hire, and you have some pretty entertaining drama to follow Not to mention the ridiculousness that was out there in the form of false rumors.

Ho  lee  shit Billy..  

• Like 1

Just now, Vertigo said:
14 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Jimbo really ended up getting his man in Elko, with Aranda coming out of left field and wanting the job in much the same way Chavis did, only confusing the situation late while Elko was still coaching at Notre Dame and had not yet signed or formally taken the job. The first time around, I'm 100% convinced Sumlin had chosen D.J. Durkin (and Greg Mattison from Michigan) over Bud Foster when Chief came calling from Baton Rouge. Throw in the fact that the plane was gassed up and ready to go pick up Pat Narduzzi prior to the Chavis hire, and you have some pretty entertaining drama to follow Not to mention the ridiculousness that was out there in the form of false rumors.

Ho  lee  shit Billy..  

At the last minute, Bill Belicheck called and asked to interview, but Jimbo was convinced Elko is the best defensive mind in football.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Or, y'know, maybe just go with the truth, which is neither of them are aggys.

Well Beaty coached there and Fedora went to aggy Consolidated. Considering farting in College Station is enough to earn their 'coveted' Former Student title, I think they both could claim aggy status if they really wished to.

• Like 1