Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

2 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

11:09a

Staff

Demond Demas made a case yesterday to be the state's best player. He's the most athletic kid I've ever covered, and he's only growing stronger in his commitment to A&M. He has started calling College Station "home" and is advocating A&M for top prospects as much as anyone right now. 

- North Shore RB Zach Evans participated in some drills. With his invitation to the Under Armour All American game already secured, there was little reason for him to go through all the paces. In terms of his recruitment, he continues to say the right things about A&M being in it, and it doesn't sound like the Aggies are ready to throw in the towel. Like most, I'm intrigued to see when he makes his next visit to Aggieland. 

- Keep an eye on 2022 RB Rodney Smith out of Spring Westfield. Very physical for a young kid with solid track times.

- Clear Creek OL Chad Lindberg did say hiring Josh Henson would put A&M back in the mix though it still sounds like Texas and Stanford are out front. Last fall, Lindberg told me he didn't feel like a priority for A&M after a visit, and I heard yesterday that visit had left a bad taste in the mouth of some folks near Chad regarding A&M. Henson will have it all to do to land Lindberg, but Chad did say there are a ton of A&M people around him in League City.

- As I posted yesterday, OL commit Akinola Ogunbiyi did not even want to give quotes to Texas reporters following his visit to Austin on Saturday. He told them, "I just came for fun. I'd prefer not to do interviews." 

For being in a run heavy offense at Ft Bend Kempner, Aki looked strong yesterday in his pass sets and one on ones. He's been working hard with Rischad Whitfield and Brandon Jordan to improve his footwork and pass blocking game this offseason, and the early results showed on Sunday. Solid day for the future Aggie.

- 2021 Richmond Foster OL Reuben Fatheree looked like he was in fantastic shape. He's a big time basketball player, too, so that may have gotten him trimmed down a bit. He also had a great day and did nothing but solidify his top spot in 2021 for me. He's a kid that Josh Henson will see pretty soon.

- I got a good A&M vibe off the 2021 Katy Taylor duo of Bryce Foster and Hayden Conner. Foster didn't participate due to a pulled muscle, but he did say he plans on doing track and football in college. He's one of the best shot throwers in his age group in the world. Conner, like Fatheree, looks to be in top physical shape and had himself a nice day, as well. He wants to major in aeronautical or mechanical engineering and will be participating in a program with NASA this summer. 

- Keep an eye on 2022 OL Kameron Dewberry from Atascocita. He could be the next Kenyon Green. 

- At QB, I really liked what I saw from Dematrius Davis in 2021. He's a little shorter than some of the other top guys in his class, but the kid can sling the rock. He's got a compact delivery and has a good feel for timing and ball placement. 

Other QB's I liked were Tomball's Hunter Dunn, 2021 Shadow Creek QB Kyron Drones, Pearland QB JD Head, and Ft Bend Travis QB Eric Rodriguez. 

- I talked to a few of the coaches working with the TE's and WR's yesterday, and two of them told me that Crockett ATH Allen Horace had turned a lot of heads in terms of his frame and athleticism. One coach said, "That kid from east Texas can flat out move." Horace has gone from a gangly looking football/basketball tweener last summer to a D1 TE prospect in 6 months. Joe Jon Finley went by the school recently. I'd bet Horace's name starts popping up more and more for A&M in terms of in state TE options. 

- Ft Bend Austin WR Troy Omeire is undoubtedly a top 5 player in this class. If it wasn't for Demas, he'd be the unquestioned best WR prospect in the state. He checks every single box, and he had a great day yesterday. The Aggies and Longhorns are fighting for position with Troy, but he's told me he's very comfortable with the atmosphere in College Station and understands the vision of Jimbo Fisher and Dameyune Craig. Other schools are using Demas as a deterrent for Omeire. 

- Anybody thinking the Devin Price offer was a showcase of charity or goodwill is dead wrong. TP's son showed he belonged with the best in the state yesterday. 

- Defensively, I really liked what I saw out of new offer Princely Umanmielen (Ew-mahn-me-ell-en). At 6-4, 260, he's going to be one of those versatile guys like Mike Elko likes on his defensive front. A&M is recruiting him at end, and I could certainly see him in the mold of Kingsley Keke. He's a powerful kid like Kingsley was coming out of his school. He plays with good knee bend and is explosive at the point of attack. I should have some more quotes from him soon about his offer. 

- It was my first time to see Bastrop Cedar Creek DE Alfred Collins, and let me tell you something, this kid is absolutely the real deal. He was the most fluid, explosive athlete in a good DL group during drill work. The Aggies have made some in roads here, as well. Yes, Mom is a Longhorn, but the relationship with Terry Price and the effort A&M is putting in on this one is keeping the Aggies very much in the hunt. This kid's ceiling is as high as any defender in the state in 2020.

- 2021 Katy Tompkins DE Tunmise Adeleye just came off a visit to Austin on Saturday before competing Sunday. The shine of the Texas visit was still on, but he did give me some great quotes about his junior day trip to College Station. He said the thing that stood out most was the time he got to spend breaking down film with Terry Price. It was the first time he'd gotten to do it, and it opened his eyes to how much knowledge TP has about the position. He then went on about how influential Price had been so far in his recruitment. I'll have an interview with him up soon.

- Stafford's Rob Wooten worked out at defensive end yesterday. That's where he plays in high school, but I think he could be an outstanding two-point OLB, edge rusher. He had the best get off and first step of anyone there yesterday from what I saw. Peveto and Elko are keeping a close eye on him, too. They'll be down in Stafford to see Wooten in spring ball. 

- Another kid that told me A&M was planning to see him this spring was Richmond Foster DT Chidozie Nwankwo. He's a little on the shorter side, but he's very strong and plays with great leverage. He visited for the Super Bowl junior day and told me he enjoyed the time he got to spend with the staff and players. He also said he really enjoyed the food. In a thin year for in state DT's, Nwankwo probably has the best tape.

- Not too much to report at LB, but I did like what I saw from Ft Bend Bush's Kenneth Phillips. He's got a lot of Tarian Lee to his game. If the kid were two inches taller, he'd check off the measurables all the college coaches are looking for, and he'd probably have his choice of school.

- One kid I think will have his choice of schools is 2021 New Caney LB Derrick Harris Jr. Great frame with broad, angular shoulders and long arms. He plays with good body lean and is explosive in drill work. He's still a bit raw, but I think he'll explode with offers once coaches get back on the road this spring. He has had a lot of recruiting insiders talking early in this camp season.

- A&M CB pledge Jaylon Jones had a fantastic day. He really cemented himself as the top dog in a rapidly improving cornerback class in state. He and Demas went at it a few times with Demond beating him over the top in the rep I saw. Regardless, it's easy to see the attributes that made him so attractive for Mike Elko and Mo Linguist. He's physical at the line of scrimmage. He's fluid in his transitions and breaks, and he's got plus ball skills in a 6-2 frame. Like Demas, he's been hard on the trail for the Aggies. 

- Aldine MacArthur CB Josh Eaton has been exploding with offers recently. He said A&M has been staying in touch and will come by the school soon to see him workout. He loved his most recent visit to College Station and covets an offer from Jimbo and company. Texas offered over the weekend at their junior day. Eaton plays for Fast Houston. 

- Another Fast Houston product and A&M target is Xavion Alford out of Shadow Creek. Alford said he talks to Leon O'Neal a lot about the atmosphere and day to day life at Texas A&M. He also said he spoke with Jimbo Fisher this week and that the Aggie staff does a great job of checking in with him and asking questions about things other than football. I'll have a full interview with Alford up soon.

If I am reading this like the thoughts from the Aggy staff, we are going head to head on at least 7-8 players here in Texas as priorities. The way he describes Collins and several others it is clear that both schools have set their sights on the same core group of elite players. 

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Perhaps it's a novel concept in this day and age, but yes, I do take what people say seriously. And generally speaking, at their word until they've demonstrated a reason that I shouldn't. What should you do? Perhaps take the shit that pours out of your mouth and your keyboard more seriously. At the very least maybe not revel in the fact that the shit you posted 1 page ago isn't real and you didn't *really* mean it, or lie about it a few posts later. 

Here's the problem. You miss nothing by putting that wordshitter on ignore. I mean nothing. It's like putting Phlegm on ignore. They just pull up and take their own personal grumpies on threads over and over and it it's all insipid, meaningless drivel that fails to move the conversation along. The only time I ever even pause to think about what this goober is doing is when you're fucking quoting him. I think the rest of the recruiting board may have that thread-dumper blocked at this point. Pull yourself together and stop stooping to the banal and forcing the rest of us to also bear witness to his posts. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

12:30 Brauninger, "Demas is the greatest athlete I've ever covered and I don't know why he's not #1" which leads Looch on a long crying rant about 247 recruiting rankings influenced by "the shush man and gooseneck". 

giphy.gif

Brauninger is getting as bad as Looch...

when you watch his film, Demas usually looks like the best athlete on the field.

Myles Garrett looked like he was playing on the wrong field.

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

NSIAP but if Demas flips to Bama it's going to remove their souls because they've moved on from Julio Jones, Megatron, etc ... 

Demas-Moss.png

Or if he signs with A&M, doesn't qualify, and ends up at Bama two years later 

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

12:30 Brauninger, "Demas is the greatest athlete I've ever covered and I don't know why he's not #1" which leads Looch on a long crying rant about 247 recruiting rankings influenced by "the shush man and gooseneck". 

48:15 "Which Longhorns WR commit will eventually be ranked higher than Demas?" Plus, they go down memory lane about 2000s UT commits, like an aggy radio show should do.

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0112402-nwwq.mp3

my god, i spend far too much of my life worrying about a&m football and i would rather be sodomized by bevo himself than listen to one second of billy fucking liucci discuss literally anything. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

not only the best receiver in the State this year, but the best receiver in the nation this year, and better than sip McCoy from last year....but best player in the country, so much better than Evans that college coaches should stop recruiting running backs altogether.

in fact, not only is he the best player that any aggy  recruiting service has ever scouted, but he is the best since players that they didn't even scout like Randy Moss. 

is that about how they are salving their wounds on this particular afternoon?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

not only the best receiver in the State this year, but the best receiver in the nation this year, and better than sip McCoy from last year....but best player in the country, so much better than Evans that college coaches should stop recruiting running backs altogether.
in fact, not only is he the best player that any aggy  recruiting service has ever scouted, but he is the best since players that they didn't even scout like Randy Moss. 

Also. He is faster than Teddy Lehman.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

Hell, they'll never need to recruit another player again. Demas is all they'll need for eternity.

Edited by Bevo14

27 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

Also, right now he is the most underrated recruit in the history of the recruiting services

Also, he found a cure for ringworm. Which is a scourge amongst cattle and college station
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

You never know what will break Aggy every year. Some years, it’s on the field, some it’s recruiting rankings or flips. So far, it looks like they’re all in on Demas as their “big win” for 2020. 

So him flipping could break them. I’m not saying it’s even a remote possibility. I’m just trying to figure out what will break them

Our butt fucking LSU would be a start.

A great start.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TtomTerrific said:

Ya got Texags on line 2 with a job offer. 

12 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Is this not the most perfect representation of Peak aggy? This is what they have always done, from Carriger's forearms, all the way to Randy Moss' and Jerry Rice's bastard love-child Demas. They are truly gifted at one thing, and that is revising ANY narrative to always make aggy look like they are THE BEST!

It isn't enough to have a commitment from a true 5-star elite player. No sir. This must be the single greatest football specimen that has ever existed in the last 30 years. It isn't enough to have students serve in WW2...they must be fellated by General Patton and be the best student warriors ever known to mankind, including those slackers at the Service Academies! It isn't enough to have a lot of money...no, aggy must be the richest school basically ever in the history of modern finance. Student Body: BEST! Stadium: BEST! Head Coach: BESTEST EVER!!

And yet, these legendary revisionists have spent the better part of the last month complaining loudly about recruiting rankings being revised in favor of Texas. 

They will never change, and they will never stop tripping over their tiny dicks in the most embarrassing fashion. It is a truly unique spectacle that I will never get tired of. 

O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother”

― George Orwell, 1984 or Fish Camp, any year

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TtomTerrific said:

So, you’re saying he good?

Spoiler

Liucci

6:46p

Staff

AG

Quote:

Who is your prediction for Spring MVP?

My picks are Jashaun Corbin on offense and Micheal Clemons on defense.

Quote:

Next to Zach Evans which 2020 RB would you most like to land? Why?

Personally, I'd love to see them fight back and somehow land Evans or grab someone like McGowan and Sam Adams from the Seattle area. I think people are forgetting that McGowan and Jace McLellan (the Aledo standout is an early OU commit who will probably give the Ags a real look) are both legit top-5 in the state and borderline five-star prospects. Meanwhile, Adams is racking up offers from just about every power program in the country.

Quote:

Who do we end up with at running back in our 2020 recruiting class?

See above. My prediction is that it ends up looking something like that.

Quote:

Breakdown what % of the total carries you think we see go to each RB.

No earthly idea on that, but Corbin with more than half of them and then the rest split among Vernon Jackson, Cordarrian Richardson and Isaiah Spiller. Jackson and Richardson could be punishers.

Quote:

In state recruiting looks promising and A&M is in the mix for pretty much every guy that's top 20 in Texas. But who would be your sleeper or a potential OOS guy that A&M has a legit chance with?

Sam Adams, East St. Louis (IL) DB Antonio Johnson and LSU commit Jaquelin Roy. The Ags are going to make real noise out of state this cycle, and those are just some early national top-100 type names that come immediately to mind in terms of A&M having the most legit shot.

Quote:

Is there a plan to play more linebackers this fall? Seems like we've signed a bunch of guys to be playing a 4-2-5 defense.

Yes, I do think they'll expect a lot out of Buddy Johnson and Anthony Hines and then go from there. There are some options that insiders are excited about, including being pretty interested in seeing what Aaron Hansford looks like now that he's finally healthy and in the best shape of his collegiate career. Andre White already being on campus really helps, and I think most believe the Ags added a potential day one contributor in Chris Russell. He has a chance to be pretty damn salty, even as a true fish.

Quote:

Tell me a story about an interesting recruitment or coaching change.

I'd say the most interesting coaching changes in recent years would have to be the Chavis and Elko hires simply because of some of the monster names that were involved, and in each instance, VERY close (as in within hours) of taking the job. Interestingly enough, Jimbo really ended up getting his man in Elko, with Aranda coming out of left field and wanting the job in much the same way Chavis did, only confusing the situation late while Elko was still coaching at Notre Dame and had not yet signed or formally taken the job. The first time around, I'm 100% convinced Sumlin had chosen D.J. Durkin (and Greg Mattison from Michigan) over Bud Foster when Chief came calling from Baton Rouge. Throw in the fact that the plane was gassed up and ready to go pick up Pat Narduzzi prior to the Chavis hire, and you have some pretty entertaining drama to follow Not to mention the ridiculousness that was out there in the form of false rumors. Funny thing is, the last three head coaching hires have been very quick and without much drama whatsoever, even pulling Jimbo away from FSU didn't feature much drama outside of the last few days. When a Christmas tree on the curb and whether or not the coach is going to work the sidelines of the final game, you're doing pretty good.

Quote:

Would your perfect valentine's day involve a Dallas cowboy cheerleader? Is that the dream? Just wondering from all the likes of their tweets from you that show up on my Twitter feed. 

Haha. I'm going to have to make my Twitter private or something between this question and the random Aggie (not so random because I had to do some research and find out who he is since he was a consistent harasserreally impressive for a fellow Ag, isn't it?). Anyway, not to get too personal, but one of my best friends in the world has been dating a DCC for the past couple of years, so I've obviously gotten to know several. It's rare that I'm going to randomly comment on a picture or tweet of someone I either don't know or haven't met and had an actual conversation with or hung out with. Not saying it will never happen, but it's not a common thing. If you're really wondering, my perfect Valentine's date will be in Dallas and it'll be next week. For now, it's Vegas with the fellas. 

Quote:

But on a serious note thanks for doing these and all you do for the site. Enjoy it and appreciate it.

You're very welcome! I'll try to get my date to like one of my tweets or something like that 

Quote:

Those sips on twitter are full of drama and seems like that have nothing else in life but just tweeting all day. Until we play them again our main competitor is bama and always will be. Heck, if we could've retained Christian Harris and Jeff Carter I'm pretty sure we would've stayed permanently ahead of Texas and had a neck and neck battle for 2nd place against Georgia.

Great point. Fighting battles with Bama is the way to go, and you're spot on about where the Ags would have been ranked had they held on to Harris and an eventual five-star in Carter. Probably as high as No. 2. Either way, it was an amazing class, and I've talked to multiple college coaches since Signing Day who think Chris Russell was an absolute steal and that the Ags got a flat-out ball-player in Ainias Smith. As far as Texas, their boorish fans are literally celebrating two things right now: Finishing one spot ahead of A&M in the final recruiting standings (while ignoring the ESPN rankings) and beating Georgia. Well, you have the ESPN rankings and incredible rise of guys like Owens, Hookfin and Warren that they're ignoring, yet they're the same mouth-breathers who say Ags are the kings of moral victories. You also have a group of twitter trogs acting as if Tom Herman and the Sssssshhh Man have taken over the world with them beating Georgia without so much as realizing one hilarious fact: A game earlier, A&M beat LSUthe team that beat UGA by three touchdowns and finished ranked higher than the Dawgs in the final standings. Ignorance truly is bliss, isn't it?

Quote:

What is your prediction on where Starkel ends up? He handled this situation with class and going to root for him wherever he does.

I would have laid heavy odds on SMU before Rhett Lashlee decided to go with Buechelle instead. I think FSU will get a serious look, and I've heard Louisville is pretty interested. I also recently heard that Oklahoma State is likely to try and make a push and Arkansas is apparently all over it. I'd love to see him anywhere but Fayetteville for two reasons: First, I think he'd be walking into a tough spot with Morris welcoming former SMU starter Ben Hicks back into his offense (talk about playing from behind if you're Starkel). Second, I want to root for my dude in every game he plays, and I just can't see myself ever rooting for Chad Morris and his band of Aggie-obsessed Razorbacks. Personally, I'd LOVE to see him at OSU running Gundy's offense and carving up the Horns and Sooners next fall.

Quote:

Did you watch any of the opening weekend of the Alliance of American Football? Thoughts on the league model and chances for success? Thanks Billy!

I watched it casually and then started paying attention once I started seeing some great catches and throws, the up-tempo pace of the game, and of course the Shaan Washington hit! I'm a fan, and I'm not sure whether it will be the AAF or the new XFL, but I do believe one of the two will last and be something fans can get into during the NFL off-season. The thirst for it is clearly there, it's just a matter of putting the right product out there and being committed for the long term.

Quote:

I've got a feeling the receivers are going to have an incredible year next year- tell me why I'm right, or why I'm wrong.

I think you're right. I think the incredible year will actually be in 2020 to be honest, but I could see that being the single most improved unit on the team next fall. Rogers has ridden the end of season momentum into a great start to the off-season, and Quartney Davis has star potential if he can regularly create mismatches in the slot. Ausbon is as reliable as they come and should be more of playmaker as a (healthy) junior. You also have depth and some gifted newcomers like Caleb Chapman, Jalen Preston and true freshmen like Dylan Wright and Kameron Brown factoring into the mix. Had a trusted source tell me last week that it was actually Wright who he was most excited about in terms of the incoming freshman class.

Quote:

Tell us the story you've mentioned on here about Mack Brown and the prayer before the bonfire game. You mentioned how you felt he intentionally made the Ags look bad but never said what actually happened. 

You'll have to refresh my memory about the prayer (I had yet another birthday this weekend), but I definitely think the way they low-key whined incessantly about the hotel and the breakfast was a way of making excuses that I felt was pretty inappropriate at the time. Mack is a great person and coach, but they definitely told anyone who would listen that the pre-game distractions were why they lost that game.

Quote:

Was that you I saw on the big screen at Monster Jam on Sunday? You ignored my DM but I thought I should have been commended for not starting a thread to ask.

Haha. Yes, you deserve to be commended for not creating a thread, but I also think that was smart on your part as to not get dog piled by this 'tough crowd' we've got over here! No, that wasn't me. I have not yet attended my first Monster Jam.

Quote:

Did you take a lady out tonight? 

So this was from Valentine's Day? No. Went to dinner with friends and Vegas on Friday. My V-Day/birthday dinner was put on hold until next week. I'm sure the guy who asked the question above will do some digging and find out who I ate with, so stay tuned!

Quote:

What odds are higher? You getting married before the Aggies win a ship or the Aggies winning a ship before you get married?

A&M winning a national title. I think that happens in a three-year window between the 2020 and 2022 seasons. Maybe I can beat them to the mountaintop if Jimbo doesn't win one until 2022, but I feel like it happening in the next year or two seems pretty impossible.

Quote:

Who will be our starters on defense?

Too early to tell. So much can happen in the spring and there are so many damn options with heavy losses up front and so many options in the secondary. My guess in the front seven would be Hines and Johnson at LB, Tyree Johnson-Justin Madubuike-Bobby Brown-Micheal Clemons up front and a free for all in the secondary.

Quote:

How will our DBs do this year?

I say they'll be the second most improved unit on the roster and then break through as an elite unit in 2020. So much of this year depends on Elijah Blades coming this summer and being every bit as good as advertised on the island. If he does that, Mike Elko and Mo Linguist will figure out the rest and fill out a top half of the SEC unit this fall.

Quote:

What does Kyler actually measure at the combine?

Put me down for 5' 9.5".

Quote:

Which college football programs are the dirtiest?

For my money, I think the Saban trifecta of he, Smart and Pruitt aren't really playing the same game that everyone else is. That's just me though.

Quote:

Which 2020 recruits that we will eventually land will require the most effort?

"That we will eventually land" is an interesting way of putting it. First off, I'd say whoever they end up getting from out of state will require a ton of effort, especially when you consider who they're going after. In state, I'd say whoever you land at running back, and I feel like A&M and Texas will fight like hell and split the two top d-linemen in Texas (Alfred Collins and Vernon Broughton). Oh yeah, and there's this guy named Demond Demas who exactly NO ONE is going to back off from between now and Signing Day.

Quote:

Where does Starkel end up? Where is the best fit for him?

See above. Not sure where he ends up but I like Oklahoma State as the fit.

Quote:

So roughly how many phone calls and text messages do you receive/respond to on a daily basis?

Normal day? Maybe 100. Birthday? Too many to count, so if you sent me a text and I haven't replied yet, don't worry, it's coming!

Quote:

Thanks for doing the Q&A Looch! Appreciate everything you guys do.

And we really appreciate you guys as well! Thanks for the love and support.

Quote:

Besides losing subs, what can be done about these recruiting sites doing what they've been doing?

I think they've gotten the message that Aggie fans want more transparency in terms of where the decisions are being made and who is pushing the buttons in terms of influence. Honestly, I think the anti-A&M side of it is being overblown. I know Shannon Terry very well and consider him a friend, and I know for a fact there's no anti-A&M bias on his part. I also know that Bobby Burton's involvement in these things is no longer anything close to what it was, but my honest opinion is that Texas seems to have some level of heightened influence somewhere in the process. That needs to change if it's true.

Quote:

Any word on how Tyree Wilson is progressing, and who is next in line as a pass rusher behind Clemons and Johnson. Thanks, Looch!

Tyree Wilson is really beginning to fill out that long, rangy frame, and he's going to contribute as a pass-rusher this fall. But my guess would be that he's a year away from being a full grown man in the SEC and emerging as a real problem for opposing offensive tackles.

Quote:

Do you think Jimbo will do anything different in year 2 of the new red shirt rule? It seems like coaches would want to see young guys playing, especially in some of the blowout games.

I'm sure he'll tinker with the approach some, but I also haven't heard anything from the inside saying that they felt they handled the new redshirt rule wrong. Pretty sure they were satisfied with the approach.

Quote:

How does the recruitment of Devin Price work?

I honestly think it's going to end up working as a regular recruitment. He's certainly good enough for it. Let me double check in terms of if a grayshirt is still a possibility or if we're talking about just your standard recruitment and nothing more. Brauny will know all there is to know about this one, regardless.

Quote:

In a hypothetical where the Longhorns either reach the B12 conference championship game or win it and the Aggies don't go to Atlanta in 2019, do you think A&M's track record in the NFL draft since we joined the SEC would still help significantly with Texas recruits? I understand winning championships is important, but at the end of the day, the recruits want to go to the NFL and be drafted as highly as possible and we have a 21-14 edge over the sips starting in the 2013 draft....I firmly believe so because as one example LSU recruits very highly year in and out despite not having gone to a conference championship in a while, and I believe one big reason is because only Bama has sent more players in that time period among SEC schools?

I think what you're saying has a lot of merit to it, but it's still going to come down to A&M winning games and Jimbo building a top-10 program in College Station. If he does that, it's not going to matter what Texas does. The Ags will emerge as a national power, with or without the Horns joining them in that elite group. In your scenario, the key for Fisher and the Aggies is to have the kind of season that convinces prospects that they are indeed on the cusp of a 2020 (and beyond) breakthrough.

Quote:

With baseball season coming up, what are your predictions for the season? I could definitely see the potential for being a regional host if our two aces do well, but it's hard to predict given the difficulty level of the SEC West and the parity in this league where everyone beats each other up

I just think the league is so damned tough that it's going to be tough to have a breakthrough regular-season for the first time in three years. Now as for post-season, I think Rob will have the pitching in an outstanding spot, and the Ags will be a team you don't want to see in a regional or even a super. I think somehow finding a way to breakthrough and reach the Super Regionals is an attainable goal, and it should be.

Quote:

It seems like the consensus is 2020 (once the schedule eases up) is supposed to be year Texas A&M breaks through. What's your best case for the Aggies being in contention for the SEC West and/or a Playoff berth in 2019?

Best case would be the linebacker position being better than expected (they're going to miss Dodson and Alaka a lot, IMO) and the OL/tight ends and ground game remaining strong without Trayveon Williams and Erik McCoy. A strong running game is going to allow Kellen Mond to possibly emerge as a breakout SEC star as a junior. That's what it's going to take for Kellen to make that jump. He has a chance to be special over the next two seasons if the Ags can run the rock and the junior receivers begin 2019 the way they closed things out last season. And, of course, the new additions in the secondary specifically Leon O'NealElijah Blades and the four high school signees are going to have to elevate the level of play on the back end virtually overnight. That's me answering your 'best case' part of the question, of course.

Quote:

What's going on with the 2020 OL class? Seems we're still heavily recruiting guys with four committed. Are we taking more than four in this class?

Yeah, I'd say five will ultimately end up being the number. Regardless of whether the current group stays the same or not, I am completely convinced Josh Henson and the Ags add at least one name to the current list.

Quote:

Will Zach Evans ever find a ride to College Station?

Well-played.

Quote:

Can you share what you know/been hearing about Max Wright and how he's looking in his development? He was a highly rated/offered recruit, but most hype seems to center around others on the DL this year. Thx!

He's adding some excellent weight and strength from what I've been told and from what it looks like. Expect to see him play at around 280 this year and man a similar role to what Kingsley Keke did for the Ags this year. Not saying he's going to start, but he's going to be one of the guys who is very flexible and capable between DT and SDE, excelling against the run at end but also being able to rush the passer from the inside.

Quote:

Can two friends listen to "Endless Love" in the dark together?

According to Happy Gilmore they can. But only if it happens on an ice skating rink, of course.

Quote:

I have gone back and watched Trayveon's highlights a few times this week. He is our single season record holder for yards, but where would you rank him with some of the best to come through Texas A&M?

His elite vision coupled with his pure athletic explosion and determination to score on every touch will translate to the next level. We were lucky to have him don the Maroon and White.

Quote:

It appears that Evans doesn't like us. Let's make sure that it's not because of us.

I totally agree! But let's also keep in mind that he talks to Jimbo Fisher at least weekly if not more. This isn't a recruitment that is finished by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:

My son is due any day now.. what do you think about calling him by his initials.. I/E J.J. or T.J.?

Always a safe play, but that's going to depend on the initials. I mean, BL wasn't going to sound too good for me or I guess technically I could be 'WJ' as in William Junior. See what I mean? Terrible. Whatever you do, don't call the little guy EJ!!! Poor kid might end up with a career as a professional twitter troll.

Quote:

Favorite new thing about Jimbo's recruiting or covering it?

Mine: A&M increasing its exclusivity.

Quote:

What 'off the radar' element of our football program are you most excited about going into spring practice?

Probably just to see what the team looks like physically at about the midway point of off-season #2 under Jerry Schmidt. This is where I think you really begin to see noticeable transformations occur in terms of the second- and third-year guys on campus.

Quote:

Tim Brewster to Joe Jon Finley
Jim Turner to Josh Henson.
Should I feel better or worse about (a) player development and (b) recruiting?

Personally, I'm fired up about both hires, and I get the feeling Jimbo himself is excited about who he was able to get (which is why they both happened so quickly). I think they're going to really surprise on the recruiting front, by the way. Player development? I think Finley and Henson are A++ hires.

Quote:

Who are the front runners to start the spring game at SDE, WDE, G and C?

Front runners? At DE it's probably Tyree Johnson and Micheal Clemons. At guard and center, maybe Hocker and McCollum and either Matthews or Clement (or even McCollum) at center.

Quote:

It's late in the year and much can occur before we get there, but how do you feel about the Georgia game in Athens?

Tough, tough game and way too early to tell where the Ags will be as a team at that point in time. I believe A&M is going to be a pretty salty squad late in the season, and Georgia is going to be an outstanding team year in and year out under Kirby because of the way he recruits, but I'm not all-in on Jake Fromm. The Dawgs looked pretty damn average in two lopsided losses last season, so it does make me wonder if there's just that certain something missing that will keep Smart from building a champion. I expect UGA to be a top-5 team but beatable if they square off against a healthy A&M squad late.

Quote:

Ideas for raising national awareness on social media about the extreme bias and shady dealings involving 247/Rivals. So we can burn those ****s to the ground.

Like I said somewhere in this thread, I think your collective voice has been heard, and I also think Shannon Terry is and always has been a pro who takes making sure things are done right VERY seriously.

Quote:

Will the Missouri LB be transferring to the Ags for his senior year?

I'm not expecting it. My guess is that if the Ags end up adding a grad transfer it would be an interior OL, perhaps the guy who recently entered the transfer portal from Florida State. I think Fisher and Co. felt he was the Noles' best young lineman when they left a little over a year ago.

Quote:

Starting secondary prediction for game 1 this year?

Game 1? Jones, Blades, O'Neal, and Carper, but I think that unit will be pretty fluid throughout the first month of the season.

Quote:

Do you ever think Sumlin sits on his couch and wonders what might have been?

I think every coach who has been fired or a left a job voluntarily and not has as much success at the next stop does that to some extent, but I doubt he sits around and dwells on it. I think he knows in his heart he did a good job, but there were some opportunities missed along the way to push it over the top. I think he understands why things played out the way they did and is happy where he's at.

Quote:

Aggie football Natty or world peace? 

World peace with a football natty ranking somewhere in my top five big-picture wish list.

Quote:

How does Cam Horry fit into the TE room with Glenn Beal playing some last year and the 2 Fr TE coming in?

He moved to the defensive line prior to last season. I don't think we'll see him moving back to offense or anything like that.

Quote:

Am I wrong or right? The 2020 recruit class will have ten fold the drama the 2019 class had.

Bunch of guys announcing later in the process and a smaller class is the ingredients for some fun times.
I don't know if it's that extreme, but I'm with you in that I think there's going to be a lot more drama this time around. I also think there is going to be a lot more head-to-heads between the Ags and Horns for the upper-echelon in state.

Quote:

Sup with Zach Evans and his brother? What actually went down with that

Ugh. I'm going to take a hard pass on answering Zach Evans question No. 30 today.

Quote:

In the articles, many of the DB recruits the Ags are looking at are discussed as tall and long. A lot of recruits Chavez liked were listed as rangey and long, but many had trouble with faster WRs. Did we just not recruit faster DBs with Chavis or describe the difference in recruits we are looking at now?

I think Chavis and it has worked for him for a long time was more focused on length and range than quickness and pure speed. While at LSU, he was able to get both. Those guys are harder to land when you're trying to BUILD a top-10 program versus already recruiting to an established one. So I think if you look at the battles the Ags were winning, they were for guys with great length and things like that, but not necessarily the same level of elite athlete. Even the raw guys he was getting at LSU were truly gifted dudes in a lot of instances. The list of DBs that the Ags didn't get was pretty long for a stretch there, and I just don't think you were seeing them sign talent like the five A&M just added, especially in terms of raw talent. Whether long or otherwise, the first order of business is getting guys who can cover and tackle. Elko is pretty damn particular in terms of what he's looking for, so keep that in mind when you see DBs 'choosing' other schools over the Ags moving forward because A&M has reached a point that they're turning down even guys solidly in the state top-30 (and in some instances even higher).

Quote:

Most underrated/overrated SEC team for 2019?

Overrated: I'm going to go with Auburn because, well, why not? Underrated? I think people are going to sleep on just how good A&M could actually be. Most assume the schedule will be too much to overcome, and it just might be, but I could also see A&M having a season like LSU did last fall with a couple of impressive early wins (say beating Auburn at home) and one monster victory along the way (like the Tigers did in beating the brakes off of Georgia at home). Most believe the Ags are a year away from making a real run at things, and I tend to agree, but the potential is there for Jimbo Fisher and Co. to be a year ahead of schedule.

Quote:

What type of schedule is the team on this time of year? I know the coaching staff now has some contact with the team under the new rules.

They're currently doing their 'Fourth Quarter' off-season training, which is the entire team going through the most grueling of the off-season conditioning work with the coaches present. Early returns are that Jimbo, Jerry Schmidt and the staff have been very pleased with how the entire team has attacked and embraced the challenge.

Quote:

If Texags decided to put out a regional recruiting team ranking (say basically Louisiana, Arkie, Okla and Texas D1 teams), what parameters would your staff use to rank the teams?

Not sure about that one, but we are looking into creative ways to rank prospects in state with equal input from non-A&M analysts and experts. I will say this, however, Howell, Brauny, Hop and myself do a hell of a good job and put a lot of thought into these rankings, and between the recruiting guys and myself, we're getting all sorts of input from every level of this thing: the guys are at games, 7-on-7s, combines, camps and stuff virtually year round and we watch a TON of tape. It's pretty exhaustive, which is why the rankings are top notch.

Quote:

What's your favorite restaurant in Vegas?

I'm a big fan of Carbone's and the SW Steakhouse, but I think my favorite (and I haven't been there in a while) is Michael's.

Quote:

Since it "looks" like Evans is a long shot, who are the next 3 RB's in line for us to pursue and who do you think we land?

Check around the thread. I've answered this one everywhere.

Quote:

When the Big12 GOR expires, do you see another round of conference realignment happening? If so, what's your best guess on how it plays out?

I honestly don't think we'll see too much of it this time around. And no, I don't see the SEC expanding any time in the next decade or so. At some point, you'd have to think the Big 12 would expand, but the options out there will basically only cause the current league teams feeding two extra mouths without those teams bringing much to the table. It's tough to see where they'd feel good about adding anything. They're in a real pickle but can still survive for a while longer just as a distant third at best, always behind the SEC and B1G.

Quote:

7 years later, has joining the SEC lived up to everything you thought it would be?

Everything and more. I think anyone who wishes the Ags were still in the Big 12 so they'd have 'a clearer path to the playoff' just doesn't get it (and probably haven't traveled to many of these road destinations). Exposure, attractiveness, exciting opponents (yes, even with Bama) and opportunity currently sits at unprecedented levels in Aggieland, and I just don't think there's any way to overstate how much the move has meant for the Texas A&M brand. Without being in the SEC, the Ags also wouldn't have been able to hire Jimbo Fisher, so there's that too.

Quote:

Name 5 movies that were so great, you paid money to go see again. Mine were: The Shawshank Redemption, The Color Purple, The Hunt for Red October, Contact, Saving Private Ryan.

Let me think on this one and ask me again next week. First reaction is to say Goodfellas, Good Will Hunting, Shawshank, Braveheart, Ace Venturahell, I don't know where to begin. Let me regroup and come back to this.

Quote:

There have been speculation on the boards that Jordan Jefferson may not be part of the 2020 class. Have you heard anything that would support this?

Several questions in a row regarding OL recruiting so check around the other answers. That type of 'board speculation' isn't really helpful to the Ags' ongoing recruiting efforts, in my pretty educated opinion.

Quote:

Aki & Smart...where is the worry meter on these two OL?

Pretty low for me provided the Ags and new OL hire Josh Henson continue to show both guys the love and make it clear that they are considered priority prospects. Personally, I think Akinola Ogunbiyi is one of the top 3 OL prospects in Texas, so I don't see the Ags backing away.

Quote:

What is the key to how quick and deliberate Jimbo makes coaching hires as opposed to the last regime who seemed to sit on things for a while?

I just think it's as simple as Jimbo's sense of urgency (he doesn't like to let things drag out) and also Fisher's reputation, network and coaching ties reaching far and wide. The money and contracts Texas A&M is offering now (the Ags' assistant coaching pool) also allows the Ags to go out and get guys they want from virtually anywhere. Jimbo has been exceptional when it comes to quick hires, no denying that fact. Outside of the DC hire, he's moved very swiftly.

Quote:

McLellan or McGowan...who would you prefer and why?

For now, I think I'd go with McGowan, but in all honesty, I'd love to see the Ags land either plus Sam Adams and call it a one hell of a two-man haul in the backfield. Zach Evans is the guy everyone is talking about (and for good reason as you can tell by the way everyone in this thread just COMPLETELY ignored the simple request of at least trying to not ask repeat questions), but McLellan and McGowan would have both been ranked as the top back in Texas for each of the previous three seasons. You might be able to go back even further than that.

Quote:

With a few of our current OL commits looking around, do you see a couple decommits and who do you think we may pick up if this happens?

If there were any decommits out of that group it would be a mutual parting of ways, but I think you may be talking about one guy at most and nothing significant.

Quote:

Which freshman LB we have signed do you see as part of the 2 deep and get play time?

Chris Russell is my pick here. I think he's a freaking badass.

Quote:

With the recent traction to change uniforms to the 98 throwbacks, do you think this happens?

It wouldn't surprise me if we saw them again, but not as a permanent thing. This whole deal is getting 'Gabe'd' a little bit in that it's kind of taken on a life of its own, and it's going to turn out to be a lot made about nothing.

Quote:

What are the next big projects/upgrades in line for facilities?

Redoing/expanding the weight room. I was first to report this a few months back, and I've heard that money is raised or close to being raised and that's what is next in line.

Quote:

Valentine's Day, so what's your great Texags love story. People, sport or other.

Unlike some, I don't try to find love on the TA message boards. Apparently that never ends well. I'd say my love story would be falling in love with Aggie hoops during the Gillispie Era. What an unforgettable three years that was as far as A&M sports goes. That and just falling in love with college football all over again as we travel the Deep South every fall and taking in the pageantry that is SEC football.

Quote:

Assuming Leon is able to claim one of the starting safety spots, do you think Tucker will be able to show enough improvement to keep the other or will Williams or Demani jump over him?

I think one of the two true freshmen ultimately start at safety, but Tucker is an interesting guy to me in that he MIGHT be better-suited to play closer to the LOS as the nickel in Elko's scheme. I think there's somewhere on the field for him for sure. Then again, the Ags have a couple of corners who could really help out in other roles (even at safety if need be) if they don't nail down one of the two starting jobs. Guys like Chattman, Renfro, Young and Elam are pretty flexible, IMO.

Quote:

What will Max Wright have to do to factor into the rotation in 2019? Think another spring and off season getting bigger and stronger is a start. Also Chicken Fried Steak or Chicken Fried Chicken and got to place in BCS.

See above. I believe Max will absolutely factor into the DL rotation this fall. I'm a chicken fried chicken guy these days, but if you want to know the best chicken fried in town, I may have to recommend The Republic's chicken friend filet.

Quote:

When is A&M's Pro Day?

Tuesday, March 26.

Quote:

Who do you think will have the best NFL combine performance?

At the actual combine? I think Trayveon will surprise some NFL people in that he'll be faster and stronger than some teams think. I think McCoy will be the highest drafted, but I think he'll do about what folks expect to see out of him in Indy. As for the best showing? I might go with Kingsley Keke. He could really help himself up there and should test very well for his size.

Quote:

Should we as fans move on from Evans and just assume he's going somewhere else?

I wouldn't go quite that far, but the Ags certainly have a mountain to climb with the state's No. 1 back. Personally, I'd make sure I was focusing a good deal of my efforts and attention on some of the other exceptional backs out there, and as fans, I think not communicating with these kids or their family members on twitter is the way to go. Leave that up to the dip****s in burnt orange who try so incredibly hard to impress these kids and their families on social media. It's absolutely ridiculous, and half of the comments Evans or his brother are seeing are probably coming from Longhorns-in-disguise as it is. Either way, let's all make a conscious effort to not make the Ags' recruiting efforts harder, shall we? No reason for that kind of crap, no matter what color jersey you wear or how old you are. What the Texas fans did during the Shepherd recruitment in terms of what they said about he and FWK was absolutely disgraceful. The fact that they sat there and celebrated signing that kid when their words are literally there for all to see is about as bad as it gets when it comes to this whole recruiting thing. I'm 1000% against anyone in Maroon & White even coming close to going there with Evans or anyone else so let the coaches recruit win or lose and try not to stand in their way because you feel the need to vent on social media or message boards. Seriously.

26 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Personally, I'd love to see them fight back and somehow land Evans or grab someone like McGowan and Sam Adams from the Seattle area. I think people are forgetting that McGowan and Jace McLellan (the Aledo standout is an early OU commit who will probably give the Ags a real look) are both legit top-5 in the state and borderline five-star prospects. Meanwhile, Adams is racking up offers from just about every power program in the country.

Quote:

Quote:

No earthly idea on that, but Corbin with more than half of them and then the rest split among Vernon Jackson, Cordarrian Richardson and Isaiah Spiller. Jackson and Richardson could be punishers.

Quote:

In state recruiting looks promising and A&M is in the mix for pretty much every guy that's top 20 in Texas. But who would be your sleeper or a potential OOS guy that A&M has a legit chance with?

Sam Adams, East St. Louis (IL) DB Antonio Johnson and LSU commit Jaquelin Roy. The Ags are going to make real noise out of state this cycle, and those are just some early national top-100 type names that come immediately to mind in terms of A&M having the most legit shot.

Quote:

Is there a plan to play more linebackers this fall? Seems like we've signed a bunch of guys to be playing a 4-2-5 defense.

Yes, I do think they'll expect a lot out of Buddy Johnson and Anthony Hines and then go from there. There are some options that insiders are excited about, including being pretty interested in seeing what Aaron Hansford looks like now that he's finally healthy and in the best shape of his collegiate career. Andre White already being on campus really helps, and I think most believe the Ags added a potential day one contributor in Chris Russell. He has a chance to be pretty damn salty, even as a true fish.

Quote:

I'd say the most interesting coaching changes in recent years would have to be the Chavis and Elko hires simply because of some of the monster names that were involved, and in each instance, VERY close (as in within hours) of taking the job. Interestingly enough, Jimbo really ended up getting his man in Elko, with Aranda coming out of left field and wanting the job in much the same way Chavis did, only confusing the situation late while Elko was still coaching at Notre Dame and had not yet signed or formally taken the job. The first time around, I'm 100% convinced Sumlin had chosen D.J. Durkin (and Greg Mattison from Michigan) over Bud Foster when Chief came calling from Baton Rouge. Throw in the fact that the plane was gassed up and ready to go pick up Pat Narduzzi prior to the Chavis hire, and you have some pretty entertaining drama to follow Not to mention the ridiculousness that was out there in the form of false rumors. Funny thing is, the last three head coaching hires have been very quick and without much drama whatsoever, even pulling Jimbo away from FSU didn't feature much drama outside of the last few days. When a Christmas tree on the curb and whether or not the coach is going to work the sidelines of the final game, you're doing pretty good.

Quote:

Would your perfect valentine's day involve a Dallas cowboy cheerleader? Is that the dream? Just wondering from all the likes of their tweets from you that show up on my Twitter feed. 

Haha. I'm going to have to make my Twitter private or something between this question and the random Aggie (not so random because I had to do some research and find out who he is since he was a consistent harasserreally impressive for a fellow Ag, isn't it?). Anyway, not to get too personal, but one of my best friends in the world has been dating a DCC for the past couple of years, so I've obviously gotten to know several. It's rare that I'm going to randomly comment on a picture or tweet of someone I either don't know or haven't met and had an actual conversation with or hung out with. Not saying it will never happen, but it's not a common thing. If you're really wondering, my perfect Valentine's date will be in Dallas and it'll be next week. For now, it's Vegas with the fellas. 

Quote:

But on a serious note thanks for doing these and all you do for the site. Enjoy it and appreciate it.

You're very welcome! I'll try to get my date to like one of my tweets or something like that 

Quote:

Those sips on twitter are full of drama and seems like that have nothing else in life but just tweeting all day. Until we play them again our main competitor is bama and always will be. Heck, if we could've retained Christian Harris and Jeff Carter I'm pretty sure we would've stayed permanently ahead of Texas and had a neck and neck battle for 2nd place against Georgia.

Great point. Fighting battles with Bama is the way to go, and you're spot on about where the Ags would have been ranked had they held on to Harris and an eventual five-star in Carter. Probably as high as No. 2. Either way, it was an amazing class, and I've talked to multiple college coaches since Signing Day who think Chris Russell was an absolute steal and that the Ags got a flat-out ball-player in Ainias Smith. As far as Texas, their boorish fans are literally celebrating two things right now: Finishing one spot ahead of A&M in the final recruiting standings (while ignoring the ESPN rankings) and beating Georgia. Well, you have the ESPN rankings and incredible rise of guys like Owens, Hookfin and Warren that they're ignoring, yet they're the same mouth-breathers who say Ags are the kings of moral victories. You also have a group of twitter trogs acting as if Tom Herman and the Sssssshhh Man have taken over the world with them beating Georgia without so much as realizing one hilarious fact: A game earlier, A&M beat LSUthe team that beat UGA by three touchdowns and finished ranked higher than the Dawgs in the final standings. Ignorance truly is bliss, isn't it?

Quote:

What is your prediction on where Starkel ends up? He handled this situation with class and going to root for him wherever he does.

I would have laid heavy odds on SMU before Rhett Lashlee decided to go with Buechelle instead. I think FSU will get a serious look, and I've heard Louisville is pretty interested. I also recently heard that Oklahoma State is likely to try and make a push and Arkansas is apparently all over it. I'd love to see him anywhere but Fayetteville for two reasons: First, I think he'd be walking into a tough spot with Morris welcoming former SMU starter Ben Hicks back into his offense (talk about playing from behind if you're Starkel). Second, I want to root for my dude in every game he plays, and I just can't see myself ever rooting for Chad Morris and his band of Aggie-obsessed Razorbacks. Personally, I'd LOVE to see him at OSU running Gundy's offense and carving up the Horns and Sooners next fall.

Quote:

Did you watch any of the opening weekend of the Alliance of American Football? Thoughts on the league model and chances for success? Thanks Billy!

I watched it casually and then started paying attention once I started seeing some great catches and throws, the up-tempo pace of the game, and of course the Shaan Washington hit! I'm a fan, and I'm not sure whether it will be the AAF or the new XFL, but I do believe one of the two will last and be something fans can get into during the NFL off-season. The thirst for it is clearly there, it's just a matter of putting the right product out there and being committed for the long term.

Quote:

I've got a feeling the receivers are going to have an incredible year next year- tell me why I'm right, or why I'm wrong.

I think you're right. I think the incredible year will actually be in 2020 to be honest, but I could see that being the single most improved unit on the team next fall. Rogers has ridden the end of season momentum into a great start to the off-season, and Quartney Davis has star potential if he can regularly create mismatches in the slot. Ausbon is as reliable as they come and should be more of playmaker as a (healthy) junior. You also have depth and some gifted newcomers like Caleb Chapman, Jalen Preston and true freshmen like Dylan Wright and Kameron Brown factoring into the mix. Had a trusted source tell me last week that it was actually Wright who he was most excited about in terms of the incoming freshman class.

Quote:

Tell us the story you've mentioned on here about Mack Brown and the prayer before the bonfire game. You mentioned how you felt he intentionally made the Ags look bad but never said what actually happened. 

You'll have to refresh my memory about the prayer (I had yet another birthday this weekend), but I definitely think the way they low-key whined incessantly about the hotel and the breakfast was a way of making excuses that I felt was pretty inappropriate at the time. Mack is a great person and coach, but they definitely told anyone who would listen that the pre-game distractions were why they lost that game.

Quote:

Was that you I saw on the big screen at Monster Jam on Sunday? You ignored my DM but I thought I should have been commended for not starting a thread to ask.

Haha. Yes, you deserve to be commended for not creating a thread, but I also think that was smart on your part as to not get dog piled by this 'tough crowd' we've got over here! No, that wasn't me. I have not yet attended my first Monster Jam.

Quote:

So this was from Valentine's Day? No. Went to dinner with friends and Vegas on Friday. My V-Day/birthday dinner was put on hold until next week. I'm sure the guy who asked the question above will do some digging and find out who I ate with, so stay tuned!

Quote:

What odds are higher? You getting married before the Aggies win a ship or the Aggies winning a ship before you get married?

A&M winning a national title. I think that happens in a three-year window between the 2020 and 2022 seasons. Maybe I can beat them to the mountaintop if Jimbo doesn't win one until 2022, but I feel like it happening in the next year or two seems pretty impossible.

Quote:

Too early to tell. So much can happen in the spring and there are so many damn options with heavy losses up front and so many options in the secondary. My guess in the front seven would be Hines and Johnson at LB, Tyree Johnson-Justin Madubuike-Bobby Brown-Micheal Clemons up front and a free for all in the secondary.

Quote:

I say they'll be the second most improved unit on the roster and then break through as an elite unit in 2020. So much of this year depends on Elijah Blades coming this summer and being every bit as good as advertised on the island. If he does that, Mike Elko and Mo Linguist will figure out the rest and fill out a top half of the SEC unit this fall.

Quote:

Put me down for 5' 9.5".

Quote:

For my money, I think the Saban trifecta of he, Smart and Pruitt aren't really playing the same game that everyone else is. That's just me though.

Quote:

"That we will eventually land" is an interesting way of putting it. First off, I'd say whoever they end up getting from out of state will require a ton of effort, especially when you consider who they're going after. In state, I'd say whoever you land at running back, and I feel like A&M and Texas will fight like hell and split the two top d-linemen in Texas (Alfred Collins and Vernon Broughton). Oh yeah, and there's this guy named Demond Demas who exactly NO ONE is going to back off from between now and Signing Day.

Quote:

Quote:

So roughly how many phone calls and text messages do you receive/respond to on a daily basis?

Normal day? Maybe 100. Birthday? Too many to count, so if you sent me a text and I haven't replied yet, don't worry, it's coming!

Quote:

Quote:

Besides losing subs, what can be done about these recruiting sites doing what they've been doing?

I think they've gotten the message that Aggie fans want more transparency in terms of where the decisions are being made and who is pushing the buttons in terms of influence. Honestly, I think the anti-A&M side of it is being overblown. I know Shannon Terry very well and consider him a friend, and I know for a fact there's no anti-A&M bias on his part. I also know that Bobby Burton's involvement in these things is no longer anything close to what it was, but my honest opinion is that Texas seems to have some level of heightened influence somewhere in the process. That needs to change if it's true.

Quote:

Any word on how Tyree Wilson is progressing, and who is next in line as a pass rusher behind Clemons and Johnson. Thanks, Looch!

Tyree Wilson is really beginning to fill out that long, rangy frame, and he's going to contribute as a pass-rusher this fall. But my guess would be that he's a year away from being a full grown man in the SEC and emerging as a real problem for opposing offensive tackles.

Quote:

Do you think Jimbo will do anything different in year 2 of the new red shirt rule? It seems like coaches would want to see young guys playing, especially in some of the blowout games.

I'm sure he'll tinker with the approach some, but I also haven't heard anything from the inside saying that they felt they handled the new redshirt rule wrong. Pretty sure they were satisfied with the approach.

Quote:

I honestly think it's going to end up working as a regular recruitment. He's certainly good enough for it. Let me double check in terms of if a grayshirt is still a possibility or if we're talking about just your standard recruitment and nothing more. Brauny will know all there is to know about this one, regardless.

Quote:

In a hypothetical where the Longhorns either reach the B12 conference championship game or win it and the Aggies don't go to Atlanta in 2019, do you think A&M's track record in the NFL draft since we joined the SEC would still help significantly with Texas recruits? I understand winning championships is important, but at the end of the day, the recruits want to go to the NFL and be drafted as highly as possible and we have a 21-14 edge over the sips starting in the 2013 draft....I firmly believe so because as one example LSU recruits very highly year in and out despite not having gone to a conference championship in a while, and I believe one big reason is because only Bama has sent more players in that time period among SEC schools?

I think what you're saying has a lot of merit to it, but it's still going to come down to A&M winning games and Jimbo building a top-10 program in College Station. If he does that, it's not going to matter what Texas does. The Ags will emerge as a national power, with or without the Horns joining them in that elite group. In your scenario, the key for Fisher and the Aggies is to have the kind of season that convinces prospects that they are indeed on the cusp of a 2020 (and beyond) breakthrough.

Quote:

With baseball season coming up, what are your predictions for the season? I could definitely see the potential for being a regional host if our two aces do well, but it's hard to predict given the difficulty level of the SEC West and the parity in this league where everyone beats each other up

I just think the league is so damned tough that it's going to be tough to have a breakthrough regular-season for the first time in three years. Now as for post-season, I think Rob will have the pitching in an outstanding spot, and the Ags will be a team you don't want to see in a regional or even a super. I think somehow finding a way to breakthrough and reach the Super Regionals is an attainable goal, and it should be.

Quote:

It seems like the consensus is 2020 (once the schedule eases up) is supposed to be year Texas A&M breaks through. What's your best case for the Aggies being in contention for the SEC West and/or a Playoff berth in 2019?

Best case would be the linebacker position being better than expected (they're going to miss Dodson and Alaka a lot, IMO) and the OL/tight ends and ground game remaining strong without Trayveon Williams and Erik McCoy. A strong running game is going to allow Kellen Mond to possibly emerge as a breakout SEC star as a junior. That's what it's going to take for Kellen to make that jump. He has a chance to be special over the next two seasons if the Ags can run the rock and the junior receivers begin 2019 the way they closed things out last season. And, of course, the new additions in the secondary specifically Leon O'NealElijah Blades and the four high school signees are going to have to elevate the level of play on the back end virtually overnight. That's me answering your 'best case' part of the question, of course.

Quote:

What's going on with the 2020 OL class? Seems we're still heavily recruiting guys with four committed. Are we taking more than four in this class?

Yeah, I'd say five will ultimately end up being the number. Regardless of whether the current group stays the same or not, I am completely convinced Josh Henson and the Ags add at least one name to the current list.

Quote:

Well-played.

Quote:

Can you share what you know/been hearing about Max Wright and how he's looking in his development? He was a highly rated/offered recruit, but most hype seems to center around others on the DL this year. Thx!

He's adding some excellent weight and strength from what I've been told and from what it looks like. Expect to see him play at around 280 this year and man a similar role to what Kingsley Keke did for the Ags this year. Not saying he's going to start, but he's going to be one of the guys who is very flexible and capable between DT and SDE, excelling against the run at end but also being able to rush the passer from the inside.

Quote:

According to Happy Gilmore they can. But only if it happens on an ice skating rink, of course.

Quote:

I have gone back and watched Trayveon's highlights a few times this week. He is our single season record holder for yards, but where would you rank him with some of the best to come through Texas A&M?

His elite vision coupled with his pure athletic explosion and determination to score on every touch will translate to the next level. We were lucky to have him don the Maroon and White.

Quote:

It appears that Evans doesn't like us. Let's make sure that it's not because of us.

I totally agree! But let's also keep in mind that he talks to Jimbo Fisher at least weekly if not more. This isn't a recruitment that is finished by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:

My son is due any day now.. what do you think about calling him by his initials.. I/E J.J. or T.J.?

Always a safe play, but that's going to depend on the initials. I mean, BL wasn't going to sound too good for me or I guess technically I could be 'WJ' as in William Junior. See what I mean? Terrible. Whatever you do, don't call the little guy EJ!!! Poor kid might end up with a career as a professional twitter troll.

Quote:

Quote:

What 'off the radar' element of our football program are you most excited about going into spring practice?

Probably just to see what the team looks like physically at about the midway point of off-season #2 under Jerry Schmidt. This is where I think you really begin to see noticeable transformations occur in terms of the second- and third-year guys on campus.

Quote:

Personally, I'm fired up about both hires, and I get the feeling Jimbo himself is excited about who he was able to get (which is why they both happened so quickly). I think they're going to really surprise on the recruiting front, by the way. Player development? I think Finley and Henson are A++ hires.

Quote:

Front runners? At DE it's probably Tyree Johnson and Micheal Clemons. At guard and center, maybe Hocker and McCollum and either Matthews or Clement (or even McCollum) at center.

Quote:

It's late in the year and much can occur before we get there, but how do you feel about the Georgia game in Athens?

Tough, tough game and way too early to tell where the Ags will be as a team at that point in time. I believe A&M is going to be a pretty salty squad late in the season, and Georgia is going to be an outstanding team year in and year out under Kirby because of the way he recruits, but I'm not all-in on Jake Fromm. The Dawgs looked pretty damn average in two lopsided losses last season, so it does make me wonder if there's just that certain something missing that will keep Smart from building a champion. I expect UGA to be a top-5 team but beatable if they square off against a healthy A&M squad late.

Quote:

Ideas for raising national awareness on social media about the extreme bias and shady dealings involving 247/Rivals. So we can burn those ****s to the ground.

Like I said somewhere in this thread, I think your collective voice has been heard, and I also think Shannon Terry is and always has been a pro who takes making sure things are done right VERY seriously.

Quote:

I'm not expecting it. My guess is that if the Ags end up adding a grad transfer it would be an interior OL, perhaps the guy who recently entered the transfer portal from Florida State. I think Fisher and Co. felt he was the Noles' best young lineman when they left a little over a year ago.

Quote:

Game 1? Jones, Blades, O'Neal, and Carper, but I think that unit will be pretty fluid throughout the first month of the season.

Quote:

I think every coach who has been fired or a left a job voluntarily and not has as much success at the next stop does that to some extent, but I doubt he sits around and dwells on it. I think he knows in his heart he did a good job, but there were some opportunities missed along the way to push it over the top. I think he understands why things played out the way they did and is happy where he's at.

Quote:

World peace with a football natty ranking somewhere in my top five big-picture wish list.

Quote:

How does Cam Horry fit into the TE room with Glenn Beal playing some last year and the 2 Fr TE coming in?

He moved to the defensive line prior to last season. I don't think we'll see him moving back to offense or anything like that.

Quote:

Am I wrong or right? The 2020 recruit class will have ten fold the drama the 2019 class had.

Bunch of guys announcing later in the process and a smaller class is the ingredients for some fun times.
I don't know if it's that extreme, but I'm with you in that I think there's going to be a lot more drama this time around. I also think there is going to be a lot more head-to-heads between the Ags and Horns for the upper-echelon in state.

Quote:

Ugh. I'm going to take a hard pass on answering Zach Evans question No. 30 today.

Quote:

In the articles, many of the DB recruits the Ags are looking at are discussed as tall and long. A lot of recruits Chavez liked were listed as rangey and long, but many had trouble with faster WRs. Did we just not recruit faster DBs with Chavis or describe the difference in recruits we are looking at now?

I think Chavis and it has worked for him for a long time was more focused on length and range than quickness and pure speed. While at LSU, he was able to get both. Those guys are harder to land when you're trying to BUILD a top-10 program versus already recruiting to an established one. So I think if you look at the battles the Ags were winning, they were for guys with great length and things like that, but not necessarily the same level of elite athlete. Even the raw guys he was getting at LSU were truly gifted dudes in a lot of instances. The list of DBs that the Ags didn't get was pretty long for a stretch there, and I just don't think you were seeing them sign talent like the five A&M just added, especially in terms of raw talent. Whether long or otherwise, the first order of business is getting guys who can cover and tackle. Elko is pretty damn particular in terms of what he's looking for, so keep that in mind when you see DBs 'choosing' other schools over the Ags moving forward because A&M has reached a point that they're turning down even guys solidly in the state top-30 (and in some instances even higher).

Quote:

Overrated: I'm going to go with Auburn because, well, why not? Underrated? I think people are going to sleep on just how good A&M could actually be. Most assume the schedule will be too much to overcome, and it just might be, but I could also see A&M having a season like LSU did last fall with a couple of impressive early wins (say beating Auburn at home) and one monster victory along the way (like the Tigers did in beating the brakes off of Georgia at home). Most believe the Ags are a year away from making a real run at things, and I tend to agree, but the potential is there for Jimbo Fisher and Co. to be a year ahead of schedule.

Quote:

What type of schedule is the team on this time of year? I know the coaching staff now has some contact with the team under the new rules.

They're currently doing their 'Fourth Quarter' off-season training, which is the entire team going through the most grueling of the off-season conditioning work with the coaches present. Early returns are that Jimbo, Jerry Schmidt and the staff have been very pleased with how the entire team has attacked and embraced the challenge.

Quote:

If Texags decided to put out a regional recruiting team ranking (say basically Louisiana, Arkie, Okla and Texas D1 teams), what parameters would your staff use to rank the teams?

Not sure about that one, but we are looking into creative ways to rank prospects in state with equal input from non-A&M analysts and experts. I will say this, however, Howell, Brauny, Hop and myself do a hell of a good job and put a lot of thought into these rankings, and between the recruiting guys and myself, we're getting all sorts of input from every level of this thing: the guys are at games, 7-on-7s, combines, camps and stuff virtually year round and we watch a TON of tape. It's pretty exhaustive, which is why the rankings are top notch.

Quote:

I'm a big fan of Carbone's and the SW Steakhouse, but I think my favorite (and I haven't been there in a while) is Michael's.

Quote:

Since it "looks" like Evans is a long shot, who are the next 3 RB's in line for us to pursue and who do you think we land?

Quote:

When the Big12 GOR expires, do you see another round of conference realignment happening? If so, what's your best guess on how it plays out?

I honestly don't think we'll see too much of it this time around. And no, I don't see the SEC expanding any time in the next decade or so. At some point, you'd have to think the Big 12 would expand, but the options out there will basically only cause the current league teams feeding two extra mouths without those teams bringing much to the table. It's tough to see where they'd feel good about adding anything. They're in a real pickle but can still survive for a while longer just as a distant third at best, always behind the SEC and B1G.

Quote:

7 years later, has joining the SEC lived up to everything you thought it would be?

Everything and more. I think anyone who wishes the Ags were still in the Big 12 so they'd have 'a clearer path to the playoff' just doesn't get it (and probably haven't traveled to many of these road destinations). Exposure, attractiveness, exciting opponents (yes, even with Bama) and opportunity currently sits at unprecedented levels in Aggieland, and I just don't think there's any way to overstate how much the move has meant for the Texas A&M brand. Without being in the SEC, the Ags also wouldn't have been able to hire Jimbo Fisher, so there's that too.

Quote:

Name 5 movies that were so great, you paid money to go see again. Mine were: The Shawshank Redemption, The Color Purple, The Hunt for Red October, Contact, Saving Private Ryan.

Let me think on this one and ask me again next week. First reaction is to say Goodfellas, Good Will Hunting, Shawshank, Braveheart, Ace Venturahell, I don't know where to begin. Let me regroup and come back to this.

Quote:

There have been speculation on the boards that Jordan Jefferson may not be part of the 2020 class. Have you heard anything that would support this?

Several questions in a row regarding OL recruiting so check around the other answers. That type of 'board speculation' isn't really helpful to the Ags' ongoing recruiting efforts, in my pretty educated opinion.

Quote:

Pretty low for me provided the Ags and new OL hire Josh Henson continue to show both guys the love and make it clear that they are considered priority prospects. Personally, I think Akinola Ogunbiyi is one of the top 3 OL prospects in Texas, so I don't see the Ags backing away.

Quote:

What is the key to how quick and deliberate Jimbo makes coaching hires as opposed to the last regime who seemed to sit on things for a while?

I just think it's as simple as Jimbo's sense of urgency (he doesn't like to let things drag out) and also Fisher's reputation, network and coaching ties reaching far and wide. The money and contracts Texas A&M is offering now (the Ags' assistant coaching pool) also allows the Ags to go out and get guys they want from virtually anywhere. Jimbo has been exceptional when it comes to quick hires, no denying that fact. Outside of the DC hire, he's moved very swiftly.

Quote:

For now, I think I'd go with McGowan, but in all honesty, I'd love to see the Ags land either plus Sam Adams and call it a one hell of a two-man haul in the backfield. Zach Evans is the guy everyone is talking about (and for good reason as you can tell by the way everyone in this thread just COMPLETELY ignored the simple request of at least trying to not ask repeat questions), but McLellan and McGowan would have both been ranked as the top back in Texas for each of the previous three seasons. You might be able to go back even further than that.

Quote:

With a few of our current OL commits looking around, do you see a couple decommits and who do you think we may pick up if this happens?

If there were any decommits out of that group it would be a mutual parting of ways, but I think you may be talking about one guy at most and nothing significant.

Quote:

Which freshman LB we have signed do you see as part of the 2 deep and get play time?

Quote:

With the recent traction to change uniforms to the 98 throwbacks, do you think this happens?

It wouldn't surprise me if we saw them again, but not as a permanent thing. This whole deal is getting 'Gabe'd' a little bit in that it's kind of taken on a life of its own, and it's going to turn out to be a lot made about nothing.

Quote:

Redoing/expanding the weight room. I was first to report this a few months back, and I've heard that money is raised or close to being raised and that's what is next in line.

Quote:

Valentine's Day, so what's your great Texags love story. People, sport or other.

Unlike some, I don't try to find love on the TA message boards. Apparently that never ends well. I'd say my love story would be falling in love with Aggie hoops during the Gillispie Era. What an unforgettable three years that was as far as A&M sports goes. That and just falling in love with college football all over again as we travel the Deep South every fall and taking in the pageantry that is SEC football.

Quote:

Assuming Leon is able to claim one of the starting safety spots, do you think Tucker will be able to show enough improvement to keep the other or will Williams or Demani jump over him?

I think one of the two true freshmen ultimately start at safety, but Tucker is an interesting guy to me in that he MIGHT be better-suited to play closer to the LOS as the nickel in Elko's scheme. I think there's somewhere on the field for him for sure. Then again, the Ags have a couple of corners who could really help out in other roles (even at safety if need be) if they don't nail down one of the two starting jobs. Guys like Chattman, Renfro, Young and Elam are pretty flexible, IMO.

Quote:

What will Max Wright have to do to factor into the rotation in 2019? Think another spring and off season getting bigger and stronger is a start. Also Chicken Fried Steak or Chicken Fried Chicken and got to place in BCS.

See above. I believe Max will absolutely factor into the DL rotation this fall. I'm a chicken fried chicken guy these days, but if you want to know the best chicken fried in town, I may have to recommend The Republic's chicken friend filet.

Quote:

When is A&M's Pro Day?

Tuesday, March 26.

Quote:

At the actual combine? I think Trayveon will surprise some NFL people in that he'll be faster and stronger than some teams think. I think McCoy will be the highest drafted, but I think he'll do about what folks expect to see out of him in Indy. As for the best showing? I might go with Kingsley Keke. He could really help himself up there and should test very well for his size.

Quote:

I wouldn't go quite that far, but the Ags certainly have a mountain to climb with the state's No. 1 back. Personally, I'd make sure I was focusing a good deal of my efforts and attention on some of the other exceptional backs out there, and as fans, I think not communicating with these kids or their family members on twitter is the way to go. Leave that up to the dip****s in burnt orange who try so incredibly hard to impress these kids and their families on social media. It's absolutely ridiculous, and half of the comments Evans or his brother are seeing are probably coming from Longhorns-in-disguise as it is. Either way, let's all make a conscious effort to not make the Ags' recruiting efforts harder, shall we? No reason for that kind of crap, no matter what color jersey you wear or how old you are. What the Texas fans did during the Shepherd recruitment in terms of what they said about he and FWK was absolutely disgraceful. The fact that they sat there and celebrated signing that kid when their words are literally there for all to see is about as bad as it gets when it comes to this whole recruiting thing. I'm 1000% against anyone in Maroon & White even coming close to going there with Evans or anyone else so let the coaches recruit win or lose and try not to stand in their way because you feel the need to vent on social media or message boards. Seriously.

Hilarious they believe they're landing a 5* RB, and some kid from Seattle will give them the time of day. Hell, they might as well add Milton to the mix since they're so desirable. Why stop there? 

16 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

So now the National Championship window for aggy is from 20-22, eh?

Hell, why not three peat ships, Looch? Be bold. 

Remember the formula.  The prediction has to be far enough away the idiots will mostly have forgotten by the time it was supposed to have happened but close enough to keep the rubes lathered up and chasing.

depositphotos_73956165-stock-illustratio

So Sam Adams Jr's. dad and grandpa both played in the NFL and pops is an aggy legacy.  He won't give them the time of day.  West coast kid is not going to waste 4 years in the shithole. The rest of the Lucci crap is hard to read.    Grandpa is from Jasper,  dad is from Houston and despite that, I  bet the kid spurns aggy.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

41 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Put me down for 5' 9.5".

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well-played.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When is A&M's Pro Day?

Tuesday, March 26.

Quote:

Quote:

Max Wright talk not going away.  Wonder why their fans are so anxious to hear about him.

43 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Put me down for 5' 9.5".

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well-played.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When is A&M's Pro Day?

Tuesday, March 26.

Quote:

Quote:

Personally, I'd love for a gaggle of recent Miss America contestants to reverse gangbang me. There's a higher chance of that happening than aggy winning a national championship in the next 3 years ever

14 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

So Sam Adams Jr's. dad and grandpa both played in the NFL and pops is an aggy legacy.  He won't give them the time of day.  West coast kid is not going to waste 4 years in the shithole. The rest of the Lucci crap is hard to read.    Grandpa is from Jasper,  dad is from Houston and despite that, I  bet the kid spurns aggy.  

75287650.jpg

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

Lucci: You also have a group of twitter trogs acting as if Tom Herman and the Sssssshhh Man have taken over the world with them beating Georgia.

This fucker is a shameful jealous tool.  He chose to go to a piss ant school full of burr head fake soldiers.  They won't win shit in Jimbo's lifetime.  

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Exciting enough that the thought of going out of my way to make a known aggy moron’s life “miserable” doesnt appeal to me. Laughing at Daddy98 as he perpetually steps on the rake of life amusing to many of us. But his idiocy is self inflicted. Trying to make myself feel better by making him feel shittier, thanks, but ill take a pass on that. 

I come to shaggy for intelligent discourse and to follow recruiting. And gifs. Poking that retard with a stick doesnt make my list.  

F3Go.gif

• Like 1

Legit CSB. The first time I ever heard the phrase "chin pubes" was when I was a high school freshman, in 1981. The girl who said it was a senior; we were at choir practice, and she was explaining why "there's no way in hell" she would date a particularly noxious guy. She became a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader the following summer. Full circle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

As far as Texas, their boorish fans are literally celebrating two things right now: Finishing one spot ahead of A&M in the final recruiting standings (while ignoring the ESPN rankings) and beating Georgia. Well, you have the ESPN rankings and incredible rise of guys like Owens, Hookfin and Warren that they're ignoring, yet they're the same mouth-breathers who say Ags are the kings of moral victories. You also have a group of twitter trogs acting as if Tom Herman and the Sssssshhh Man have taken over the world with them beating Georgia without so much as realizing one hilarious fact: A game earlier, A&M beat LSUthe team that beat UGA by three touchdowns and finished ranked higher than the Dawgs in the final standings. Ignorance truly is bliss, isn't it?

He's right. We are celebrating beating the #2 team from the vaunted SEC and frankly, won't stop celebrating it any time soon, especially when we continue to get daily reminders of how much that win broke aggy. And yes, we are LITERALLY celebrating the fact that we finished ahead of aggy because it is fucking hilarious. And yes Chin Pubes, we are ignoring the ESPN rankings because everyone ignores them. And the transitive property in college football is never a good argument, even for a trog doing an extremely long-running Smashmouth cosplay.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I couldn’t read that entire looch piece of fiction, but I read enough to glean a couple of things. 

1) most overrated next year he picks Auburn. Most underrated he picks aggy of course, and says they might get an impressive early win against...auburn. Same fucking paragraph, maybe consecutive sentences. 

2) without sec, they don’t get jimbo.  He either means that 75 million wouldn’t have done it if they were bdf, or he means they wouldn’t have had the money to offer that much in bdf. Either position is hilarious. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1