Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

5 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

5:47p

Staff

- Got another report today indicating A&M did a home run job with Memphis (TN) OL Chris Morris. He was in touch with the Aggie staff again this morning after wrapping his visit last weekend. If you're asking me, I think Morris is probably the out of state offensive prospect with the most Maroon & White mojo behind him right now. I'm not totally sure of a timetable at this point, but I feel comfortable putting the Aggies in the Cat Bird's seat currently. 

- If you're looking for an out of state defender with the most Aggie momentum, I'd probably go with Camden (NJ) DE Fadil Diggs. Elijah Robinson, Terry Price, and Mike Elko have put in some serious work for one of the more highly regarded pass rushers on the east coast. Per a couple of sources, Diggs still plans to be in College Station this weekend with his mother. I heard today that they'll likely be in town Friday night. 

- Both Jason and I are hearing there's still work to be done with Athens OL Garrett Hayes. We don't feel like it's something that can't be overcome, but A&M entered the race from behind and is having to play catch up. 

- 2019 commits Braedon Mowry and Josh Ellison have their official visits scheduled for the weekend. 

- We'll put out our full visitor list this week, but here's who we've got coming in as official visitors:

CB commit Jaylon Jones 
Charlotte (NC) WR Muhsin Muhammad III 
St Louis (MO) WR Jordan Johnson - Notre Dame - I'd probably mark this one down as a maybe seeing as how he recently committed to ND
Oak Park (MI) ATH Maliq Carr 

Carr is a new name to most Aggie fans, and it looks like he fits that Jalen Wydermyer mold. He's 6-4 and nearing 240 pounds, but he's an exceptional athlete and very skilled down the field. 

- A&M commits Demond Demas and Josh Bankhead will be in town this weekend to help the Aggies recruiting efforts. 

- Pleasant Grove DE Landon Jackson should be in town this weekend, as well. Considered one of the top defensive players in that class, Jackson has A&M ties but hasn't been on campus in a while. It was important that the Aggie staff get him back on campus. 

Ryan Brauninger

5:54p

Staff

Omeire, Broughton, and Collins are on our early list. We'll release them all on Wednesday or Thursday.

LOL on the "work to be done" news with Hayes. I guess he's not the better than Garth now? 

Also, looks like they may be laying the ground work for Hayes going elsewhere :: 

https://247sports.com/Player/Nathan-Anderson-46057968/

I'll have a full update tonight or in the morning but he spent a lot of time with both Henson and Fisher yesterday. A&M has not offered yet but Henson will be by his school for spring ball and it would not be a surprise to see an offer come then.

Anderson's grandfather played one year at A&M then got injured. He is in the Corps of Cadets Hall of Fame, though, so Anderson grew up going to games with him. His grandfather was also with him yesterday.

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Agreed. I think he'd make a nice C prospect but I wouldn't take him over Parr or Majors. 

I think he's a tackle if the length checks out (everything I've seen says 6'5, although I'm not sure if he looks that tall in the hudl, but kids grown and stuff). He has the feet, fluidity, and overall athleticism for it 

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Nate Anderson is a much better prospect than Damieon George, imo  

Much better player for sure, but George is much larger so I can't say what Anderson will look like in 4 years at tackle compared to George in 4 years at guard. Personally, I would take Anderson. I'm still holding out hope for Parker Braun's brother, though.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Much better player for sure, but George is much larger so I can't say what Anderson will look like in 4 years at tackle compared to George in 4 years at guard. Personally, I would take Anderson. I'm still holding out hope for Parker Braun's brother, though.

I automatically fade 350+ pound OL who don't dominate in high school 

27 minutes ago, Fud said:

Nate Anderson is a much better prospect than Damieon George, imo 

Too bad that it looks like A&M’s new OL coach isn’t completely inept at OL evals like their last one was. 

And on that note, so glad we got Herb. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

23 minutes ago, Machinator said:

D3rGDV4W0AU5tok.jpgD3rGDuFX4AASCfG.pngD3rGEAZXkAAf_TO.png

Im sure there will be weather delays, a 3 hour halftime, a storm warning with sirens telling people not to get in their cars, wheel chocks in the form of bags full of cash,and those dang tumbleweeds full of knives and razor blades will probably be rolling through the parking lot.

This’ll be what the Broughtons’ car looks like by the end of the first quarter.

LEAVITT.jpg

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Wait a minute. Is there an actual, physical Aggy Corps of Cadets Hall of Fame? If so, it's got to be terrifying.

Do they have a 'jizz jars through the years' exhibit? Is there a section dedicated to squeezing your nuts? 

Whatever the case, the accolades on display there must dwarf the ones in the hall of champions.

• Like 1

I love that Perroni has to post a warning before he post something that may be perceived as negative, saying there won’t be a lot of names on the spring game list, don’t worry 

before he actually posts the spring game list because he knows the knuckle draggers would riot without him easing them into the bad news 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Wait a minute. Is there an actual, physical Aggy Corps of Cadets Hall of Fame? If so, it's got to be terrifying.

Do they have a 'jizz jars through the years' exhibit? Is there a section dedicated to squeezing your nuts? 

I'm going to set up a tent outside the aggy spring game selling custom made jizz jars with pictures of Kyle Field and Reveille for $50 each.  The table next to mine will be John Manziel's blowjob table.

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Looks like Aggy went to the open market and got a WDE in Fadil Diggs from NJ

He might announce it this weekend 

Elko is from Jersey so it makes some kind of sense. That's usually Big 10 territory, though.

Edited by texifornia

That guy got fonged to them a week or two ago, or maybe it was aggy writers, basically after zero discussion of him and aggy publicly. So he’s been a spring game commit for a while now. 

This falls under the heading of “anyone they take that we don’t want is great.”  Good for them. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

6 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Pretty neat AR exhibit where you can draw your sabre and attack the horde of SMU cheerleaders attempting to defile Kyle.

22 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

First they’re butthurt because they think he’s talking about A&M.  Then, they’re butthurt when they realize he’s talking about OU.  3D chess!

Then, they're butthurt from the sex

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Looks like Aggy went to the open market and got a WDE in Fadil Diggs from NJ

He might announce it this weekend 

I'm all for this one as I didn't want Robert Wooten to Aggy. Hell, any OOS DL that they want to take is all good. That's the weirdest part of this commitment is that there are several players in Texas who I think Aggy could probably get who are certainly as good, if not better, and wouldn't require shenanigans or year-long OOS effort to keep in the fold.