Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'd love to see aggy take a DT haul of Branard Wright and the DT theyv ust offered from New Jersey.

I think they land Diggs and Raikes. I think Price, Achane, and maybe the JUCO CB Domio are eventually in for them

Won't surprise me if A&M passes on Branard (I think LSU already has) and he ended up somewhere like Baylor

I'm still confused about what's going on with Mowry and Ellison, and they'll probably play a factor in numbers. They never signed, so it doesn't hurt A&M if they don't make it in. I think they're supposed to OV there soon. 

No idea what they're doing at QB. They should have went all in on King Haynes awhile ago, and now it's looking like they'll whiff on Hornsby and Seals, perhaps on purpose with both. I'll laugh if they take TJ Finley. 

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think they land Diggs and Raikes. I think Price, Achane, and maybe the JUCO CB Domio are eventually in for them

Won't surprise me if A&M passes on Branard (I think LSU already has) and he ended up somewhere like Baylor

I'm still confused about what's going on with Mowry and Ellison, and they'll probably play a factor in numbers. They never signed, so it doesn't hurt A&M if they don't make it in. I think they're supposed to OV there soon. 

No idea what they're doing at QB. They should have went all in on King Haynes awhile ago, and now it's looking like they'll whiff on Hornsby and Seals, perhaps on purpose with both. I'll laugh if they take TJ Finley. 

Could you see them ending up with either of Max/JD Johnson?

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

No idea what they are after at LB, you'd think they'd be after Brennan Scott more.

Rest of the DB class who knows, maybe McGlothern??

OL is another?

36 minutes ago, Fud said:

Didn't they/ weren't they scheduled to OV for the spring game?

On 4/13/2019 at 1:09 PM, golfclap said:

Obligatory "would be a 5 star in Texas" and "We don't have kids like this in Texas anymore" etc ... takes incoming. 

I'm all for this on many levels take all the Jersey kids you want Coach Elko. They took 7 OOS defenders last class. Take another 6-7 this year and move them to the fucking cow pasture that is Aggyland and let's watch the portal madness over the next 2 years and see what kind of hit they take. 

Perroni just crystal balled him to aggy.  This would be a great lulz take.  I'm sure he'd all of sudden be better than Broughton and everyone else in Texas like you said.  6'1 300 lb. DT's is SEC ready.

42 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@golfclap seen on aggy boards someone said the New Jersey DT measured in at one of the Openings at 6'0.5 324 lbs.

He was 6'0.5" and 296 at last year's event.

https://www.theopening.com/2018-new-jersey-results

Based on this photo from April of this year, the numbers you quoted wouldn't surprise me.

D3uKzmiW0AAHMO1?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

He seems to be a pretty athletic DT. Not a horrible take by any means, but at 324 as a HS JR, and not much more of frame to grow on, I would be wary of him eating himself out of shape. Of course, aggy is now selling him on being from New Jersey, and 3 kids that played HS ball in New Jersey were taken in the 1st round of the draft.

The question is why are you taking these kids so early when you have a good class in your own backyard? The answer is pretty telling I think.

Edited by HtownHorn

lol

Dude is going to can Orgeron and hire Jimbo at LSU, reaping the benefits of his own failure to get a buyout put into Jimbo's contract.

Was he able to get a buyout into Buzz's K?  LSU is going to need a new BBall coach soon, too, when Will Wade ends up in federal prison.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Rumors going around Scotr Woodward may be bolting to become the new LSU Athletic Director.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/tidbit-from-aggies-on-secr-re-woodward/83078415/

They're saying Liucci (an Aggy insider) is claiming Woodward to LSU may be a done deal and announced this week.

They say Liucci is normally right about these things. No links to anything official of course, just passing along chatter from their side of things.

ETA: poster says it's premium content from TexAgs. Could be true or not, but several of the Aggy posters changed their tune from an it's not happening to damn it's happening.

Lol.

Spoiler

Liucci

11:37a

Staff

AG

Reports have now come out of Baton Rouge that Joe Alleva is out. One of the worst-kept secrets in SEC circles is that, when this day came, LSU was going to go all-in on hiring Scott Woodward away from Texas A&M and attempt to bring him home to Louisiana. Barring a stunning reversal of course, that's where my sources say things are heading...with Woodward gone by as early as Friday.  

Not sure how the powers-that-be at Texas A&M can sit back and let this happen but the Aggies are on the verge of losing the best AD they've had and they'll have held on to him for all of about three years.

It's not a done deal yet, but perilously close to being so.

The question you need to ask is simple: Is this about Scott Woodward simply "going home" - admittedly a very powerful draw for someone who has spent a lot of time in Louisiana over the last couple of years - or is it something that could have been prevented? Somewhere along the way, I'm convinced something was broken in terms of relationships or respect and probably even the decision-making/power chain because, on the surface, things were rolling when it came to Aggie Athletics. There's really no reason for him to exit stage left to Baton Rouge for anything more than being closer to home at this point in time because A&M could (and certainly should) match any salary offer LSU could make. That job is an absolute mess right now and, while Scott is certainly capable of fixing it, there is a LOT going on that's pretty negative and pretty dicey right now on the Bayou, from the Will Wade situation and on down.  

And before you ask, I'm confident money isn't any sort of driving force for Woodward whatsoever. However, if LSU is in fact offering more money, then shame on TAMU for letting that happen. The AD is not the type who was ever going to go back and forth playing both sides against each other as a negotiation and if this were a money grab, Woodward could simply point to what Chris Del Conte is making in Austin, what Greg Byrne is making at Alabama and to the fact that he's middle of the pack in terms of SEC AD salaries and he'd be taken care of. In this instance, I'm as positive as I've ever been in saying "It's not about the money."

Because of that, if things weren't right for a long period of time and the right opportunity came along, he would be out the door without much warning. Key phrase there, of course, is "if things weren't right" because the man loves Aggieland and College Station and has his hand-picked football coach and basketball coaches in place and signed to long term deals. As an AD, he theoretically was about to hit as much of a 'cruise control' mode as there is in the business.

Look, I know better than to think no one else can do it and, like I said, things are are lined up for long-term success, thanks in large part to the (likely) outgoing AD. The world of Aggie Athletics will go on and Texas A&M will continue to push towards becoming one of the more powerful forces in the Southeastern Conference. However, if Woodward does in fact leave for LSU, it will be pretty damned disappointing for several reasons.  

-He's very close friends and has a tremendous relationship with the head football coach and the two are in lockstep and on the same page. At a football school, that's never a bad thing.

-He's an 'SEC guy' all the way - someone who knows all of the quirky ins and outs of the league and has strong relationships from the Commissioner on down.

-Perhaps most importantly, for the first time since I've been covering this stuff, Texas A&M had things lined up in terms of consistency from Chancellor to President to Director of Athletics to the head football coach on down the line. We've seen it work at places such as OU and Florida and even, for a good while during the 2000s, in Austin. It would be an abject disaster, IMO, if Texas A&M had that and let it slip away.

The way I see it, the decision-makers at TAMU have a very narrow window here. Losing Scott Woodward to LSU doesn't have to happen but it will if momentum doesn't swing in a big way and in a hurry.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Lol.

Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Reports have now come out of Baton Rouge that Joe Alleva is out. One of the worst-kept secrets in SEC circles is that, when this day came, LSU was going to go all-in on hiring Scott Woodward away from Texas A&M and attempt to bring him home to Louisiana. Barring a stunning reversal of course, that's where my sources say things are heading...with Woodward gone by as early as Friday.  

Not sure how the powers-that-be at Texas A&M can sit back and let this happen but the Aggies are on the verge of losing the best AD they've had and they'll have held on to him for all of about three years.

The question you need to ask is simple: Is this about Scott Woodward simply "going home" - admittedly a very powerful draw for someone who has spent a lot of time in Louisiana over the last couple of years - or is it something that could have been prevented? Somewhere along the way, I'm convinced something was broken in terms of relationships or respect and probably even the decision-making/power chain because, on the surface, things were rolling when it came to Aggie Athletics. There's really no reason for him to exit stage left to Baton Rouge for anything more than being closer to home at this point in time because A&M could (and certainly should) match any salary offer LSU could make. That job is an absolute mess right now and, while Scott is certainly capable of fixing it, there is a LOT going on that's pretty negative and pretty dicey right now on the Bayou, from the Will Wade situation and on down.  

And before you ask, I'm confident money isn't any sort of driving force for Woodward whatsoever. However, if LSU is in fact offering more money, then shame on TAMU for letting that happen. The AD is not the type who was ever going to go back and forth playing both sides against each other as a negotiation and if this were a money grab, Woodward could simply point to what Chris Del Conte is making in Austin, what Greg Byrne is making at Alabama and to the fact that he's middle of the pack in terms of SEC AD salaries and he'd be taken care of. In this instance, I'm as positive as I've ever been in saying "It's not about the money."

Because of that, if things weren't right for a long period of time and the right opportunity came along, he would be out the door without much warning. Key phrase there, of course, is "if things weren't right" because the man loves Aggieland and College Station and has his hand-picked football coach and basketball coaches in place and signed to long term deals. As an AD, he theoretically was about to hit as much of a 'cruise control' mode as there is in the business.

Look, I know better than to think no one else can do it and, like I said, things are are lined up for long-term success, thanks in large part to the (likely) outgoing AD. The world of Aggie Athletics will go on and Texas A&M will continue to push towards becoming one of the more powerful forces in the Southeastern Conference. However, if Woodward does in fact leave for LSU, it will be pretty damned disappointing for several reasons.  

-He's very close friends and has a tremendous relationship with the head football coach and the two are in lockstep and on the same page. At a football school, that's never a bad thing.

-He's an 'SEC guy' all the way - someone who knows all of the quirky ins and outs of the league and has strong relationships from the Commissioner on down.

-Perhaps most importantly, for the first time since I've been covering this stuff, Texas A&M had things lined up in terms of consistency from Chancellor to President to Director of Athletics to the head football coach on down the line. We've seen it work at places such as OU and Florida and even, for a good while during the 2000s, in Austin. It would be an abject disaster, IMO, if Texas A&M had that and let it slip away.

The way I see it, the decision-makers at TAMU have a very narrow window here. Losing Scott Woodward to LSU doesn't have to happen but it will if momentum doesn't swing in a big way and in a hurry.

Oh buddy, sitting back and letting it happen is an aggy athletics specialty, honed over years of failure.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Lol.

Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Damn that's the most negative and real thing I've ever seen from him

What I'm missing here is... how on earth can they not see that Woodward sucks? His one good hire (Buzz) was practically a legacy, and would have been forced on him if he hadn't been blind-squrrel-finding-a-nut lucky about the whole thing to start with.

I mean... this guy writes contracts about as well as a one-legged hooker with a meth addiction. Only maybe not with as much forethought.

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

What I'm missing here is... how on earth can they not see that Woodward sucks? His one good hire (Buzz) was practically a legacy, and would have been forced on him if he hadn't been blind-squrrel-finding-a-nut lucky about the whole thing to start with.

I mean... this guy writes contracts about as well as a one-legged hooker with a meth addiction. Only maybe not with as much forethought.

Sounds like he is good at corralling booster money and getting program alignment, both of which LSU badly need, even if he can't write a contract to save his life.

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Holy shitballs, the panic over guys who are never going to get it done for them anyway is just so very.... aggy.

If they weren't also in charge of traffic, engineering, and sanitation, it'd almost be worth it to live here just for the entertainment value. Almost.

Not sure how the powers-that-be at Texas A&M can sit back and let this happen

Because they have no choice.

aggy is held back by the same things that have always held them back:

the place is a complete freak show

aggy is not remotely self-aware

the demand that people in positions of power kneel at the altar of turdition

aggy insists on making every hire and undermines their AD when he tries to do his job

aggy constantly runs its mouth without having won anything of consequence since 1939

sggy lies about everything. The entire school is fake news.

• Like 4

Now here's an idea:

Taylor Hamm is tanned, rested, and has a tiny penis. He doesn't have a job and he thinks he knows everything. He would also be straight out of their incestuous circle of incompetence. He checks all the boxes. He's the perfect hire at aggy.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1