Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

8 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

The false narrative around the lack of financial support is the public explanation. The fact that he's a megalomaniac and an unreasonable prick was the reality.

It used to be said that LSU was one of the only places Jimbo would consider leaving FSU for due to his affinity for Baton Rouge and the school.

Now that Woodward is there, I think LSU could very well pluck him away from Aggy. The million dollar question is why. The dude has been shown to be an above average coach, not elite, when he doesn't have a generational talent under center. Aggy was willing to pay up for Jimbo and give him the moon because of the "active coach with an NC" crap they can hang their hat on. LSU is smarter than that.

Yeah man, I know all that. The yelling, the screaming, the fact everyone who works with the guy ends up hating him, etc. But you said it yourself...megalomaniac. Jimbo didn't walk away from FSU thinking "shit, I really borked that fucking situation." He blames everyone else. He believes he didn't get the proper support. He believes he's a swell guy. He probably believes he isn't even a cuckold. And since he believes he didn't get the financial support he needed, and the aTm money was a big draw in coming to CS, well, weighing financials would probably have an influence on his next move. If he makes one. So basically, we're talking about different things here. 

So many interesting things. The AD bailed right after hiring a coach. That’s a bit of a dick move. Looch insults his customers and bans them, acting like an immature punk, and yet these sheep just keep purchasing his absolute bullshit. Amazing.
A dick move?

So escaping from East Berlin or North Korea is a dick move?

Uh, ok, whatever you say chief.

Woodward is not coming after Jimbo...yet. There are so many variables at play. However, I’m sure something along the lines of I will stay in touch, maybe LSU could use you, whatever. That’s all that needs to be said now. Orgeron first needs to shit the bed. If he continues to win with retard magic, then nothing will happen. But let’s say he loses to Texas, then loses to someone like Miss State, things could get interesting. 

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I think losing the AD has zero bearing on anything at aggy. They will go and hire a Fisher-approved yes man who will give Jimbo whatever he wants. They already threw $75 million down that hole, they aren't going to back off now. Their ego won't let them and they are so convinced that he's their savior,  they are going to have to get aggy levels of evidence to the contrary in order to be anything but all-in on him. Of course, don't ever discount their meddling idiot alumni to fuck everything up like they always do, but for now they are completely and blindly aligned with Jimbo.

The hilarious part is how Woodard bolted on their ass for a "lateral" move not only in conference, but in division. The nerve of anyone who has ever spent time in that shit hole to not be fully indoctrinated. That will get their latent little brother complex all hot and bothered for a good while until they can justify it away with "the new guy is better" or "Woodard was never that great to begin with."

Also, I couldn't make it all the way through the Chinpubes chat but my favorite part was when someone suggested that go after CDC. Aggy - the bottomless pit of unintentional comedy.

If Fisher told Sharp he wanted to double duty as AD and Head Coach and take both salaries, Sharp would do it in a second.

The funny thing about that Looch chat is that it sounds like Billy wants to blame Sharp but knows that it would be career suicide.

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Woodward is not coming after Jimbo...yet. There are so many variables at play. However, I’m sure something along the lines of I will stay in touch, maybe LSU could use you, whatever. That’s all that needs to be said now. Orgeron first needs to shit the bed. If he continues to win with retard magic, then nothing will happen. But let’s say he loses to Texas, then loses to someone like Miss State, things could get interesting.  

I think in two years, LSU can justify firing him for not beating Bama once in his five years as head coach 

After googling Orgeron's contract, I just came across that LSU get him a two year extension and increased his buyout from $5.6mm to $10mm. LSU is a shitshow. 

https://www.nola.com/lsu/2019/03/ed-orgeron-2-year-contract-extension-on-agenda-for-board-of-supervisors-meeting-wednesday.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Well they had fallen off talent wise.

Yeah, they had, but that wasn't because of any payment issues. It was Jimbo being a lazy AF recruiter, doing no evaluations, etc. He recruited offensive line to his system the way Mack Brown evaluated QB recruits from 2008 onward.

• Like 1

Liucci has a great gig.   Tell his gullible base what they want to hear and charge a whole bunch of them by the month.  He sunshine pumps relentlessly until aggy decides the coach is done, then he does the same for the next coach.   RC, Fran, Sherman, Sumlin and now Jimbo.  

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Liucci has a great gig.   Tell his gullible base what they want to hear and charge a whole bunch of them by the month.  He sunshine pumps relentlessly until aggy decides the coach is done, then he does the same for the next coach.   RC, Fran, Sherman, Sumlin and now Jimbo.  

And every coach is far superior to the previous one. 

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think in two years, LSU can justify firing him for not beating Bama once in his five years as head coach 

After googling Orgeron's contract, I just came across that LSU get him a two year extension and increased his buyout from $5.6mm to $10mm. LSU is a shitshow. 

https://www.nola.com/lsu/2019/03/ed-orgeron-2-year-contract-extension-on-agenda-for-board-of-supervisors-meeting-wednesday.html

They claim it was to deter negative recruiting/increase stability, but I think it was Alleva’s last love letter to Oeaux. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They claim it was to deter negative recruiting/increase stability, but I think it was Alleva’s last love letter to Oeaux. 

Right, they didn't have to increase the buyout, Orgeron isn't leaving that job on his own accord for anything 

23 minutes ago, Fud said:

The buyout does decrease each month though and will match the current buyout during the 2020 season and continue dropping to $4mm. That about lines up with the idea that he has two years to put it together. 

46 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You think Free Shoes University was failing to buy players? No, in assistant salaries, facilities, etc. 

FSU was Top 10 in total compensation for coaching staff when Jimbo was there. He had plenty of support with regards to facilities. FSU spent, IIRC, $150-$200M when he was there and their only snag was the football only facility. FSU is a pretty cramped campus and real estate is at a premium. Jimbo the Cuck's solution was to demolish the baseball stadium, build the FOF facility there and rebuild the baseball stadium on the intramural fields. He lost his shit when Clemson opened theirs and regularly used "facilities" as an excuse for poor team performance. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

FSU was Top 10 in total compensation for coaching staff when Jimbo was there. He had plenty of support with regards to facilities. FSU spent, IIRC, $150-$200M when he was there and their only snag was the football only facility. 

He lost his shit when Clemson opened theirs and regularly used "facilities" as an excuse for poor team performance. 

This is 100% correct. He used the facilities as a public excuse for poor performance but there was money flowing in at FSU for new facilities every year (including a brand new indoor practice facility, dining hall, new coaches offices, locker room upgrades, that giant ass jumbotron along with several other huge improvements at Doak, and myriad other things).  FSU facilities were, and are, far superior to UF and Miami. He knew that he could rile the fanbase with the facilities talk and keep the focus off the fact that Boston College was punching his "physical old school team" in the fucking mouth and taking their lunch money with a bunch of 2 stars. 

He has the money at Aggy to open facilities to rival Clemson. There's no lack of fucking space in the vast cow pasture of a campus, and yet he hasn't changed one thing with the Aggy facilities and certainly not to compete with Clemson. So yeah, the facilities thing was a fucking bullshit dog-and-pony show. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Jimbo was great with Winston when Miami, Clemson, and Florida were all down.

Not to mention, while the Auburn team they beat was a great story, it needed the Kick Six AND the Prayer @ Jordan Hare just to get to the SEC title game, where it got to run over a meh Missouri team en route to the Rose Bowl. 

You know, it's not like Sharp is any great shakes... in any possible measure... but the list of things he needs to be fired for does not include "not accommodating the athletic department."

As much as I love Texas sports, like hell do I want them to be the rule and measure for my alma mater's academic administration. But then, my degree is actually worth something, unlike an aggy degree, so I suppose I don't really have the right perspective to talk about how their chancellor ought to be judged.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, golfclap said:

This is 100% correct. He used the facilities as a public excuse for poor performance but there was money flowing in at FSU for new facilities every year (including a brand new indoor practice facility, dining hall, new coaches offices, locker room upgrades, that giant ass jumbotron along with several other huge improvements at Doak, and myriad other things).  FSU facilities were, and are, far superior to UF and Miami. He knew that he could rile the fanbase with the facilities talk and keep the focus off the fact that Boston College was punching his "physical old school team" in the fucking mouth and taking their lunch money with a bunch of 2 stars. 

He has the money at Aggy to open facilities to rival Clemson. There's no lack of fucking space in the vast cow pasture of a campus, and yet he hasn't changed one thing with the Aggy facilities and certainly not to compete with Clemson. So yeah, the facilities thing was a fucking bullshit dog-and-pony show. 

Seeing as he’s at aggy now, then his next red herring complaint will be a fucking dog-and-sheep show. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

21 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You know, it's not like Sharp is any great shakes... in any possible measure... but the list of things he needs to be fired for does not include "not accommodating the athletic department."

As much as I love Texas sports, like hell do I want them to be the rule and measure for my alma mater's academic administration. But then, my degree is actually worth something, unlike an aggy degree, so I suppose I don't really have the right perspective to talk about how their chancellor ought to be judged.

the difference between us and A&M is typified by our chancellor versus theirs-- if you asked Milliken "hey, did you hear some of our fans flew a banner over the stadium before the game?" he'd say "those assholes!" and if you said the same to Sharp, he'd say "I read they was gonna do it on the TexAgs premium board"

40 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Despite how they crow about it, I don't find the bolded to be true at all. 

Randy Duke has shown this on plenty of occasions.

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

Despite how they crow about it, I don't find the bolded to be true at all. 

Randy Duke has shown this on plenty of occasions.

They'll pawn their own children for football success. The Athletic Department spending money like Michael Jordan at a craps table will only really hurt their academic programs.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I enjoyed one poster yesterday saying they should throw the brinks truck at Oliver Luck. I also rolled my eyes at the dimwitted fucktard who thought referring to Del Conte as the Center for Disease Control was funny. Watching this search should be both interesting, and amusing. Liucci seems to hate Del Conte almost as much as he hates Carrington, African Americans, and self evaluation.

Best way to know CDC is doing great things is how much distain aggy has for him.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

To piggyback, once Jimbo had some success at FSU, there was drama there every offseason with Jimbo trying to get additional money for he and his coaches, more facilities, more perks, etc with him threatening to leave. It'll be the same at A&M if/when he starts winning. 

Additionally, Jimbo refused to fire underperforming staff members, which led to friction between boosters/admin and the coaching staff. This happened over time as the best assistants got hired away and eventually lesser assistants filled in and were never removed. It'll be interesting to see if the same happens in CS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Not to mention, while the Auburn team they beat was a great story, it needed the Kick Six AND the Prayer @ Jordan Hare just to get to the SEC title game, where it got to run over a meh Missouri team en route to the Rose Bowl. 

and needed a last minute drive to beat that team, as Auburn punched is soft ass team in the mouth.