Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

20 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I thought Mowery and Ellison were counting towards this class?  If they take the NJ DE and his JAG buddy that's 4 DL.

They could still count towards 2019, 2020, or neither, since they haven't signed. If they enroll this summer/fall, they'll be 2019. If they take a year off at prep school getting their grades up to properly qualify so they don't have to go JUCO, I think they'd be 2020. JUCO would most likely mean 2021. 

Both kids being ok with A&M not letting them sign put A&M in a position to where they won't really be penalized for them not qualifying from a numbers standpoint, other than them not actually being on the roster. 

ten bucks to the first person who finds me an Aggie post saying something along the lines of "well sure he's considering UNC, Tim Brewster's involved, everyone knows he was a dirty recruiter at t.u." not realizing he was on their fucking staff for a year
Aggie post?

Here ya go. Ever fucking thing ya ever wanted about Aggie post...

https://aces.nmsu.edu/pubs/_h/H331/

1c2d585dcf5544b66819d9c0738c3ceb.jpg47b90418a19862f21a53582bb776351b.jpgf01d840f9c669bc5497fbd8b9b458a85.jpge26464da417eddbe34da04816916d98f.jpgf778407d2abeffc5f72ce41e3ffa7f04.jpg3f9e164bd3584b50cb9f34f49e2fd472.jpgdcb1877d1a11763995ae1932b63b2f90.jpg

Why do you keep talking about NMSU on threads about aggy?

You seem confused. Have you taken your medicine?

afbdcba35dc790ffa8a30487870da206.gif38414629f701247e94779f270815294b.jpg

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

I'm going to be annoyed if King Haynes falls into Jimbo's lap because Ogeron took two shitty QB prospects instead 

Gotta assume Orgeron will just tell King that he took two shitty QB recruits instead, and be sure the kids in question hear about it. And then he'll process them out. I can't imagine that if they really want King, they're going to let the two JAGS who got their first stop them. 

Then again it's Ed Orgeron. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Gotta assume Orgeron will just tell King that he took two shitty QB recruits instead, and be sure the kids in question hear about it. And then he'll process them out. I can't imagine that if they really want King, they're going to let the two JAGS who got their first stop them. 

Then again it's Ed Orgeron. 

The weird thing is A&M somehow hasn't even offered him yet

If LSU lands King, they might as well cut bait with both QBs. They've also been in contact with Baldwin from tOSU. 

ThinSarcasticHuman-max-1mb.gif

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

5:13p

Staff

- As I said yesterday, A&M defensive coordinator Mike Elko was making the rounds through the Texas Hill Country today to see a handful of targets - namely Alfred Collins and Princely Umanmielen on the defensive front and CB commit Jaylon Jones. A source out west told me that for both Collins and Umanmielen, the style of defense they want to play in will have an impact. Princely has been open in talking about A&M playing him at multiple spots on the line, and he likes having that option. Collins likely fits best in a four down front. His frame is so massive, and he's so athletic that I wouldn't put him down as solely a weak side prospect. He's got a chance to be elite on either side in my mind. 

- Elko also stopped in at Hutto to see 2021 Hippo DE/OLB Landyn Watson. To me, Watson is a stronger, more advanced version of Landis Durham, and I think seeing the success Durham had at A&M has really intrigued the Aggie staff. Watson has also grown taller in the past 6-8 months which should help stay in the DE role. Landyn told me today that he doesn't have anything set up in terms of visits to A&M just yet. That could change quickly, though. 

- A lot of folks have asked about Ft Bend Marshall QB Malik Hornsby recently, especially after his tweet about an announcement tonight. Like I said, I don't expect that to be a commitment from what I've been told by a pair of Houston sources. In terms of A&M, the Aggies remain a player. Offensive coordinator Darrell Dickey was at the school yesterday to see Malik and Devon Achane. Texas offered Achane today. He may get that much deserved bump in the recruiting rankings, now (Just kidding...sort of). My source in Missouri City said Achane will get serious about taking visits once his track season is finished. 

- The Blinn spring game is on Friday. We expect to see some A&M staff members there to check in on CB target Marco Domio.