Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

They sold out on the run. They made their DT play on the edge because they had jack and shit for DEs behind him

Yes. They played 3 DT's and a rush LB spun down to DE as their base set. They sold out to stop the run in a conference known for shitty QB play and junior high level passing schemes.

I can only imagine what Clemson with Lawrence and their skill talent is going to do to that defense next year in Death Valley.

Edited by HtownHorn

D5RaOqIWkAE9Q3K.jpg

That's awesome. They go from 4-4 in conference to 5-3 with a coach who makes 50% more in salary to ready to not only win conference but a MNC with Mond.

They will beat this year:

Alabama

Both MS schools

Clemson

LSU

Georgia

Auburn

If they have 4 losses that will be a positive season to those not rooting for aggy.

On edit: what does full bore ready mean?

9 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

They are so focused on getting the biggest, heaviest players on the field that they forgot how to win a football game.

...while also forgetting their biggest success in that league came from 7v7 BDF spread football.  Now they're all in on fatball.

• Like 1

No real times to focus on in this podcast, but in true aggy fashion, they don't celebrate their players being drafted, but instead focus on how they messured up against The University of Texas. Looch goes in on Kris Boyd, calling him a 'turd'. Every aggy drafted in the 5th round or lower is a 'steal'. The great and powerful Trayveon Williams being drafted in the 6th round is a crime against humanity, and the 12th man being drafted at all is just a hair shy of Jesus Christ rising on the 3rd day. And of course, this is just the start for aggy in the Jimbo Era, as they'll have many players drafted from 2020 on. 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0116423-wraz.mp3

• Like 2

I love how aggy focuses on the draft. Look Omiere might be a very good college player, doesn't mean he will get drafted into the NFL. No matter what your college production is, you go run a 4.9 40 as a WR and work out poorly in other areas, you will be lucky if you get drafted.

50 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I love how aggy focuses on the draft. Look Omiere might be a very good college player, doesn't mean he will get drafted into the NFL. No matter what your college production is, you go run a 4.9 40 as a WR and work out poorly in other areas, you will be lucky if you get drafted.

Yeah they have to go with the narrative du jour, depending on whatever they are spinning that particular day.

No real times to focus on in this podcast, but in true aggy fashion, they don't celebrate their players being drafted, but instead focus on how they messured up against The University of Texas. Looch goes in on Kris Boyd, calling him a 'turd'. Every aggy drafted in the 5th round or lower is a 'steal'. The great and powerful Trayveon Williams being drafted in the 6th round is a crime against humanity, and the 12th man being drafted at all is just a hair shy of Jesus Christ rising on the 3rd day. And of course, this is just the start for aggy in the Jimbo Era, as they'll have many players drafted from 2020 on. 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0116423-wraz.mp3

Sumlin recruited but never really got to use most of the players drafted for aggy (at least not at full development).

Jimbo did not recruit but was able to play most of the players drafted and did very little with apparently a Sr class full of NFL caliber players.

The fact that aggy is considering this a win for Jimbo is so perfectly aggy.

The fact that they're ignoring how much of their best talent was just drafted and expect a better season this year vs last is even more aggy.

14 hours ago, TexasMan said:

There's not much worth a shit to transcribe, but here are some highlights

Mod: We got NFL draft stuff to talk about, but first all of you look at the recruitng stuff,, in your interview with Jimbo and he talked about a big class, and taking a full class. You start looking at the roster. Obviously the 27 juniors, obviously, the 6 seniors, those will be open. Amongst those 27 juinors, that's a big number.

Looch: So let's talk, let's not not go into the minutia of predicting what the class is and who's leaving. Let's just talk about the draft right now and who, because 7 guys this year set a seven round A&M record. I think that was tied for what, 4th or 5th in college football this year behind like Bama, Ohio State, Clemson and Washington was actually up there, so uh, A&M way up there, like I said,  7 round record of 7

Mod: How long does that record stand?

Looch: Well, I think it's hard to break, but I think it will be broken during the Jimbo Fisher era. It won'd be broken this coming year, that's what I was getting at. You mention that roster size, right. So next year, your possible draft picks, barring early entries would seem to be. Well let's include one early entry, which I think is very likley to happen, would be Maduibuike, and it might be him and Michael Clemons, you know, you know like I'm talking about Seniors, so don't start yelling at names from the front row of guys you think might come out early. But Now let's look ahead to the next season and the guys that will be seniors in 2020. it's Kellen Mond, it's Jhamon Aubon, kendrick Rogers, Courtney Davis, Athoney Hines, Buddy Johnson, Derrick Tucker, Jayden Peevy, um, gosh you could, (Tyree Johnson) well I don't know I think Tyree was just a freshman this past year, I was corrected on that, um, Offensive Line wise, Dan Moore and Carson Green, Jared Hocker.  And we're going to leave people out and that's fine, we're going down a list of names here. All those dudes right off the top , right off the riff, right of the top of your head. Bobbie Brown certainly looks like a 3 year player, and I said we wouldn't do that with this class, but that's the Maduibuike one that looks almost like it's certaintly , That 2020, which is I guess would be the 2021 draft class. That's one that could threaten this in terms of overall number of picks. So again,  what you saw saturday is about to start being the norm, there's going to be a year break in between, but there's a very real chance they're going to start one senior. Two, you'll have Braden Mann of course. You saw what, a punter going round 4 this week, fround 3 or 4, Braden Mann could be a top 3 round pick. 

(blah blah talk about draft picks and how they fit)

Looch:  Everyone goes nuts about...you remember the meldown and the free for all when Greg Little, which I think was one of the most shady recdruitments I've ever seen. And he goes to Ole Miss. Everybody was wringing their hands about losing this stud from Allen. He was a really good college football player. I wouldn't say great, but really good. Everyone wrings their hands and goes nuts about not getiting Kris Boyd. Kris Boyd was a good college football player, but he also was a colossal distraction and at times a complete embarrasment to the Unviversity of Texas football program. I think he was a turd in the locker room and off. Everybody wrang their hands and you know just bite their fingernails off, and screamed, and said how bad A&M suck and this is over, and there's no recovering for not getting Greg Little, how you could not you not get Kendall Sheffield and Kris Boyd. It's worth noting and saying we needed to get him. But you look at Jarret Stiddham, you look at again, Stiddham beat A&M twice, I would contend that A&M beat A&M one of those times. Um, but you look at Jarret Stiddham v Kellen Mond. You look at Kris Boyd went what like 3 picks ahead or behind Gilly, the 2 star walk on from Katy Taylor. My point is this, you still want Greg Little and Kris Boyd and Jarret Stiddham during recruitment. But they made the right pick in terms of Kyler Murray who won a Hesiman and who went  number 1 overall. The disfunction going on here didn't allow him to thrive or you know have that kind of success.

Mod:  It's funny the people who want to put the recruiting rankings on pedastal and they mean so much. They'll often overlook that A&M had 7 guys drafted compared to Texas' 2. And you go back and look at the class rankigns where those kids came from...to show the fallacy in it. People are so quick to throw it in your face. What did that #8 recruiting class do for Texas the whole time they were on campus. Nothing. And it only produced 2 draft picks. 

Looch: I agree bemoaning the misses you felt like you had or should of had. And coaches do that too. But It's more important the guys you get. And to develop Gilly, and to develop Kinglsey Keke, and for Daylor Mack to ultimately live up to his billing. And to develop a guy like...to go and get Jace. Again this was the deal, nobody cared about Jace Sternberger when they got him. Everyone was cryin about Greg Little. No one batted an eye that they added Erik McCoy, because of a number of lit up yellow stars by his name. You can't do a whole class of sleepers and developmental guys, but those rankings are not the be all end all each year. I think the case for McCoy and Sternberger and Gilly, compared to some of the other guys who caused these mini meltodwons along the way, it's a pretty fascinating look to see what we're talking about  

(Looch wins like a bitch about Trayveon Williams dropping like a rock. It's really too long and sad to even transcribe. It's summed up by "watch the damn tape")

Looch: I think Daylon Mack has a starting role in the NFL. Probably not in year one, but maybe on down the road. 

38 minutes ago, Fud said:

It's weird how one random person will state that they passed on a prospect on their boards, and it becomes gospel 

Not if you recognize it as the cult that it is and aggy fans being brainwashed lemming cult members.

D5Z2U4VX4AE59Q9.jpg

Did they just say they're well funded on the recruiting trail?  Good to note.  Also, they better hope they get their recruits in before the season starts and they get a chance to bond and go all in on recruiting others.  After the season starts, it may become a rough road of reality which will require more funding. 

47 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

D5Z2U4VX4AE59Q9.jpg

Did they just say they're well funded on the recruiting trail?  Good to note.  Also, they better hope they get their recruits in before the season starts and they get a chance to bond and go all in on recruiting others.  After the season starts, it may become a rough road of reality which will require more funding. 

Not like they've tried to hide it, they made their commitment to fb very clear once Jimbo joined.