Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wait, so this guy is committing in 2 days to aggy according to Texags?

https://247sports.com/player/kenneth-phillips-iii-46056168/

No one in the region (non-LSU definition) has any idea how to find a good LB. OU got that one good kid from OKC, but that's kind of it.

Edited by texifornia

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The comp I liked the most was Clowney. Clowney is certainly athletic as hell, and when he hasn't been injured, has been a pretty damned good pro.

But in college? He had one good play and a lot of naps. If he's another Clowney, they shouldn't be happy about it at all.

True. If I were them, I'd hate to have someone who projects to Clowney's skill set. I mean who the fuck would want a DE that combined for 21 sacks, 35.5 TFls, and 8 FFs his first two years?  

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

True. If I were them, I'd hate to have someone who projects to Clowney's skill set. I mean who the fuck would want a DE that combined for 21 sacks, 35.5 TFls, and 8 FFs his first two years?  

If you're going to nitpick, his sophomore year was easily his best. Roughly twice as productive as either his freshman or junior years. He was still a lazy fuck, though. Came nowhere near to meeting his potential.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

If you're going to nitpick, his sophomore year was easily his best. Roughly twice as productive as either his freshman or junior years. He was still a lazy fuck, though. Came nowhere near to meeting his potential.

He had 36 tackles, 12 TFLs, 8 sacks, and 5 FFs his freshman year but sure. 

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

What makes you think Demas is a lazy fuck?

He's a no-doubt 5-star, but it is funny watching these hucksters talk themselves into thinking he's some sort of combination of Jerry Rice and Calvin Johnston

4 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

What makes you think Demas is a lazy fuck?

He's a no-doubt 5-star, but it is funny watching these hucksters talk themselves into thinking he's some sort of combination of Jerry Rice and Calvin Johnston

I don't think he's lazy as fuck. I'm just saying the comparison is funny.

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Except Demas is the real deal. *

*Terms and conditions apply. Promotions and discounts cannot be applied to previous purchases, gift cards, taxes, shipping or processing charges or combined with any other coupons or discounts, including associate discounts. Promotions and discounts cannot be applied to the Monique Lhuillier Collection or the Emily & Meritt Collection. Additional exclusions may apply. Quantities are limited and offers are subject to change; valid on US orders only. Offers cannot be sold or otherwise bartered. Not valid at PBteen, Pottery Barn Kids or Pottery Barn Outlet Stores.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

He also ended up being virtually nothing like what we thought he was going to be like. Predicting the future is a tricky business.

he played out of position.. then the injuries.  Wish he came back for his Sr season this past year.. would have been a monster

5 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

lulz. and the aggy boards want to talk about our OL getting overpowered? Aki was on skates. 

I actually really like Akinola, especially at center. Problem is, he not a tackle, and they need like three tackles in this class, and instead they have four interiors (although they won’t let Jefferson sign)

I dont have any info on it, but I think there's a solid chance he ends up at aTm. I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise at this point. As Fud said, unless he really just refuses to go to a team with more than a loss or two, which might be the case, I fail to see why aTm has less of a shot than anyone else if he values staying close to home. I don't think Texas will put up with his bullshit, so who are you left with?  aTm and LSU. 

Just now, Fud said:

He's probably going to Bama

Yeah man, I understand where all the tea leaves are pointing and why, including his fat buddy, his exhibited personality traits and priorities, Texas's unlikely willingness to deal with his bullshit during his recruitment and Bama the most notable school left that can tell him to fuck off and not worry about repercussions, among other things, and all of it pointing to 'Bama at this time. But he also says he wants to stay closer to home, wants his grandma to see his games in person, etc. 

What I am trying to see is, if he ends up signing at aTm, I won't be that surprised. And I'll be less surprised than if he inked with Texas. 

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah man, I understand where all the tea leaves are pointing and why, including his fat buddy, his exhibited personality traits and priorities, Texas's unlikely willingness to deal with his bullshit during his recruitment and Bama the most notable school left that can tell him to fuck off and not worry about repercussions, among other things, and all of it pointing to 'Bama at this time. But he also says he wants to stay closer to home, wants his grandma to see his games in person, etc. 

What I am trying to see is, if he ends up signing at aTm, I won't be that surprised. And I'll be less surprised than if he inked with Texas. 

Wonder how far Tom is willing to go for Zach if Bijan goes elsewhere and Jase sticks to ou

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Wonder how far Tom is willing to go for Zach if Bijan goes elsewhere and Jase sticks to ou

Judging by last year's class, and all that wend down, and Herman's penchant for telling people the ugly truth I'd say not very fucking far. 

If Beck can't land Bijan, then we are going to have to hope a rising SR will want to play for Texas and that BC and Samples can work some magic because Drayton is going 0-fer again and has failed to keep a backup option warm again. So it's gonna fall to the rest of the staff. again. 

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Judging by last year's class, and all that wend down, and Herman's penchant for telling people the ugly truth I'd say not very fucking far. 

If Beck can't land Bijan, then we are going to have to hope a rising SR will want to play for Texas and that BC and Samples can work some magic because Drayton is going 0-fer again and has failed to keep a backup option warm again. So it's gonna fall to the rest of the staff. again. 

SIgh..... Then we do this same song and dance with Wheaton next summer?