Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And their campus actually is less than an hour from a major city. 

10 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

• Northwestern's campus is beautiful (definitely better than the endless stale brick and crazies in aggyville).
  • NW has been to a conference championship game in the past two decades (2018)
  • NW has a genuinely good head coach that doesn't cover up sexual assaults.
  • NW is a superior academic institution to aggy.

So, it's settled. Really, aggy is the worst D1 institution.

Hands down one of the coolest campuses I’ve visited. Right on the lake, right down the road from Chicago. It’s almost like a fairy tale campus. Beyond that, some of the best academics in the country and a pipeline for news and sports journalists, so they’re never going to be derided for their sports mediocrity.

The stat huck came up with that was then magically perpetrated by Gerry Hamilton on ESPN and social media will only gain steam and continue to be a thing for ATM as Jimbo fails forward. Our only true risk to that stat going away for the next decade is via Buzz Williams, who really does seem to have a clue on the basketball side of things. Seems far fetched though. 

From the Fong. 

"Talked to a source regarding King that believes Tennessee is winning this recruitment in every department outside of distance from home. I've mentioned in the past that i think if the Vols were closer to home this would be done. Perhaps they win it anyway."

• Like 1

"It was the same thing with me. When I didn't include A&M in my top 5, look where I ended up. Vernon (Broughton), he wasn't talking about A&M too much for a while there but, again, look at his actions. He's been there now twice this month."

Jesus Demas. Why don't you just post a picture of the checks?

• Like 2

I don't think a head coach of a HS football team is going to be traveling much if anywhere on Saturdays during their season. Besides the 2-3 hour difference between driving to aggy games vs. traveling to Tennessee games is not some insurmountable difference.

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

11:53a

Staff

Ok, so here's what we've got after checking with a few sources today. 

- Howell, Looch, and I have all spoken to enough folks to say that this thing is still up in the air. As I'm typing this, no decision has been made. 

- Both Tennessee and Texas A&M remain in regular contact with Haynes and his folks with the Aggies side speaking to him as recently as this morning. 

- Tennessee is having to navigate around having another highly touted QB committed to them at the same time.

- Since he is the guy for the Aggies at quarterback, I get the sense that the A&M staff is willing to wait as long as they need to in order to get their top target. We still believe a decision is likely soon, but the kid is truly split. If he pushes back a decision, it's certainly understandable.

- Again, whether a decision is made today, tomorrow, before the Elite 11, during the Opening - whenever - we believe that no decision has been made as of this morning. 

5 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

11:53a

Staff

Ok, so here's what we've got after checking with a few sources today. 

- Howell, Looch, and I have all spoken to enough folks to say that this thing is still up in the air. As I'm typing this, no decision has been made. 

- Both Tennessee and Texas A&M remain in regular contact with Haynes and his folks with the Aggies side speaking to him as recently as this morning. 

- Tennessee is having to navigate around having another highly touted QB committed to them at the same time.

- Since he is the guy for the Aggies at quarterback, I get the sense that the A&M staff is willing to wait as long as they need to in order to get their top target. We still believe a decision is likely soon, but the kid is truly split. If he pushes back a decision, it's certainly understandable.

- Again, whether a decision is made today, tomorrow, before the Elite 11, during the Opening - whenever - we believe that no decision has been made as of this morning. 

Aggy, as the in-state, close-to-home option with no QB in the class and taking shit for a QB last year is in a dead heat with fake ut, who was  absolute trash on the field this past year and already has an elite 11 QB in its class.

This is Jimbo Fisher QB recruiting, ladies and gentlemen.  

30 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Aggy, as the in-state, close-to-home option with no QB in the class and taking shit for a QB last year is in a dead heat with fake ut, who was  absolute trash on the field this past year and already has an elite 11 QB in its class.

This is Jimbo Fisher QB recruiting, ladies and gentlemen.  

#aggymercyfuckteam2019

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

"It was the same thing with me. When I didn't include A&M in my top 5, look where I ended up. Vernon (Broughton), he wasn't talking about A&M too much for a while there but, again, look at his actions. He's been there now twice this month."

Jesus Demas. Why don't you just post a picture of the checks?

Straight cash, homey!

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Is Demas an $$EC casuality? Or did he drink the koolaid? I never heard anything about him. I just assumed he took the blue pill. There's 1 or 2 in every class. Born for the cult. 

He drank the koolaid early on, but he's not above some $EC recruiting. 

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Is Demas an $$EC casuality? Or did he drink the koolaid? I never heard anything about him. I just assumed he took the blue pill. There's 1 or 2 in every class. Born for the cult. 

Yes

Edited by Fud

43 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If you take commercial like a savage you have to connect. 

There are some rich oilmen around Longview who own their own planes and Longview does have a small airport as does Tyler.  Plus, he’s not gonna play his first year anyhow.  Watching on tv is not all bad.

Edited by Cairn Horn88

Lmao... Demas went from loving Texas and not even considering aggy to committing to them on his first visit there.  Also, he had FWK running his recruitment.  He was bought and they are going to write a fat fucking check to Evans to get him to stay instate.

Evans knows this game and not only is he playing it for himself, he’s also getting his buddy George paid.  Remember his quote “who is going to show Damien love”.  He was adamant that he will not go a school that doesn’t show Damien love... aka... I want my boy to get a bag of money also if you want me.  Also, he’s going to bama but it really would not shock me one bit if he ends up at aggy.  They’ll over pay if they need to.

This is one of the dirtiest recruitments in Texas and everyone warned us from a get go that it would be a crazy ride.  Let’s pray Bijan picks us and that USC and OSU have terrible years, but not too terrible in USC’s case.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not sure I’m buying the line of constant contact between king and either or both coaching staffs during a dead period. Is he really calling or DMing them over and over when he’s supposedly trying to decide?

They are likely calling him and his Dad.  Coaches can call during the dead period, but no in person contact.  

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not sure I’m buying the line of constant contact between king and either or both coaching staffs during a dead period. Is he really calling or DMing them over and over when he’s supposedly trying to decide?

Doesn't Perroni's update say that he's gone silent?