Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

If UGA's gotten to the point where they're nudging out Ogunbiyi, surely they don't have room for Lindberg? Should help us there.

Found this article from Georgia's 247: https://247sports.com/college/georgia/LongFormArticle/Georgia-Bulldogs-Recruiting-Kendall-Milton-Kelee-Ringo-Arik-Gilbert--133119369/

Lindberg isn't mentioned at all, even in the "others to watch" section.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

He’s the guy who was looking for a landing spot. He wanted to commit to Texas. We said no thanks. He went to OU. They also said no thanks. Georgia accepted. I don’t know why. 

I’m sure UGA processed him and with UT sand OU passing he went back to the desperate ex-gf who will accept him back no matter how many times he walks out. 

I hope this is their whole OL class. O offensive tackles and hardly any quality takes at any spot on the OL.

My favorite post is a poster trying to get Achane classification changed from WR to RB. Perroni comes in and says he’s classified that way because every school is recruiting him as a WR except A&M

hahaha

Translation: We are the only school lying to him 

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Haynes King

Chris Morris

Dallas Walker

After aggy loses their collective shit over the potential of adding these 3 prospects, Wiltfong comes back with this one.

Walker is my only Crystal Ball of the three right now but Aggies definitely near top for all of them.

Edited by HtownHorn

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

10:29p, 6/22/19

Staff

Heard again today that A&M is doing all they can with Jaquelin Roy

Will it be enough in the end? Who knows at this point, but the Aggies made a run at Ish Sopsher last year because of Elijah Robinson, and it looks like they're poised to the same with Jaquelin. Roy's relationship with Bankhead shouldn't be overlooked either. 

Ryan Brauninger

11:23p, 6/22/19

Staff

Spoke to a source on Zach Evans.

I wouldn't go overboard with anything at all just yet, but my source said the trip couldn't have gone any better. Zach very much sees and understands what Jimbo Fisher is in the process of building at Texas A&M, and he's got the utmost respect for the Ags' head man. Demond Demas continues to work hard for the Aggies with Evans, as well. I haven't gotten this confirmed, but I did hear that Evans returning later in the summer could happen as well as a potential trip back for the Alabama game. 

We've said all along this one is a marathon - not a sprint. There's nothing going to happen imminently with Evans in terms of making a decision so there will undoubtedly be more twists and turns along the way, but it does sound like A&M isn't thinking of giving up the fight just yet. 

Liucci

In reply to AggieAuditor • 11:26p, 6/22/19

Staff

AG

LilSebastian13 said:

It looks like Akinola is in town. Was this known?

AggieAuditor said:

No secret visitors per earlier Looch post. 

There were no secret visitors, as in everyone expected to make it to town made it with no surprises. The only late scratch was Chris Morris.

Should be an interesting stretch for the Aggies between now and Independence Day, as I could see A&M landing as many (if things fall the right way with Haynes King) as a half dozen or perhaps even seven commits between now and then.

1 edit

Liucci

11:27p, 6/22/19

Staff

AG

Guys not close to a decision for those getting over-the-top excited about this weekend: Zach Evans and Jaquelin Roy.

Liucci

In reply to Spartan2141 • 12:56a, 6/23/19

Staff

AG

Spartan2141 said:

As expected, 

Looch who in your opinion is close out of the officials this weekend ?

Out of the official visitors, I'm really not sure I'd say any are close to becoming Aggies (in terms of their timeframe) outside of maybe Broughton because he's likely to be an early A&M/Texas or even Arkansas decision. Lindberg and A&M probably aren't going to work and Van Pran and Amhara don't seem in a huge rush.

I think almost all of the potential commits I'm talking about come from outside this weekend's group of official visitors but that's not to say the Ags won't end up signing a couple of them.

Liucci

1:18a, 6/23/19

Staff

AG

Don't know 'Amhara' is but I meant to type Ngata.

Ryan Brauninger

11:09a

Staff

Ryan Brauninger

11:10a

Staff

Ryan Brauninger

11:25a

Staff

Ryan Brauninger

2:56p

Staff

Visitors have started to filter out.

Demas still in town. We'll have updates throughout the evening/night when we get them

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to AggieBQ95 • 3:04p

Staff

AggieBQ95 said:

Evans still there??

No he went back last night 

Ryan Brauninger

3:51p

Staff

Your "secret visitor" has rejoined the class.

Ryan Brauninger

3:52p

Staff

Akinola coming back has been in the works for quite a bit. He was the one that was in town on more than one occasion that we said we'd put out when the time is right...

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to CrawfishAg • 3:58p

Staff

Ryan Brauninger said:

Akinola coming back has been in the works for quite a bit. He was the one that was in town on more than one occasion that we said we'd put out when the time is right...

CrawfishAg said:

So he was the mysterious unidentified visitor who was committed to another SEC school!

Yes

Ryan Brauninger

4:16p

Staff

Ryan Brauninger

4:22p

Staff

Ryan Brauninger

4:40p

Staff

Based on what I'm hearing, I do not think Jaquelin Roy will be making a decision in the near future. However, the Aggies did an outstanding job over the course of the weekend.

You'd have to bet on this staff eventually landing one of these highly touted Louisiana kids over LSU and Bama. I'm not saying Roy is that kid for sure yet, but this staff is too good to not get one sooner or later. 

Ryan Brauninger

5:06p

Staff

Broughton is a tougher read, but he is posting pictures across various social media outlets from his trip - including one of him, Demas, and Zach Evans having a conversation during their photoshoot. 

Ryan Brauninger

5:09p

Staff

Heard just now that Chris Morris has been in contact with A&M today despite his trip to Tennessee

Ryan Brauninger

5:18p

Staff

Getting a lot of texts from around the country on some of A&M's top targets. Trying to sift through what's what, but I can say this: there's real momentum happening in College Station. This has a chance to be one of the bigger summer pushes I've seen from A&M in any cycle. 

Going to be really interesting to see who does what over the next month plus, but the Aggie staff has to be feeling pretty good.

Big couple weeks upcoming

Ryan Brauninger

5:43p

Staff

Interview with Akinola upcoming

Ryan Brauninger

5:55p

Staff

Like Looch said yesterday, I don't see Chad Lindberg being a part of this class based on the stuff I've heard. The two parties just seem like there are moving in opposite directions. 

Ryan Brauninger

8:28p

Staff

Morris has been in touch with Josh Henson and Lee Grimes this evening according to a source near his recruitment. 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to 2020nationalchamps • 8:33p

Staff

2020nationalchamps said:

Sounds like the Aggies did a great job of conquering the Tennessee visit , Wilfong said he is hearing buzz for A&M on Haynes King , Dallas Walker and Chris Morris.

Is this different than the vibe you've gotten from our reports?

Ryan Brauninger

8:36p

Staff

East Texas source tells me he feels like whatever lead Tennessee had with Haynes King at one time is no longer there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If they get 7 commitments by mid July, their class will basically be full. How can you have momentum when you are up against a wall?

or, they keep taking kids and have to lose either current players or current commits. 

bread lol GIF by LAZY MOMKeep filling up on bread

• Like 1

Spoke to a source on Zach Evans.

I wouldn't go overboard with anything at all just yet, but my source said the trip couldn't have gone any better. 

No fucking way!

You'd have to bet on this staff eventually landing one of these highly touted Louisiana kids over LSU and Bama.

lol

I don't see Chad Lindberg being a part of this class based on the stuff I've heard. The two parties just seem like there are moving in opposite directions. 

"moving in different directions" is A+ recruiting nonsense.

6 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

So if they get Morris do they give up on the Hayes kid from Athens?  Or do they trap door Jefferson to get anyone with a pulse?

They aren’t landing Morris, but I’m sure they’ll trapdoor Jefferson in the end 

7 hours ago, Goodman said:

Footwork just helping kids....

Pretty sure FWK is a paid contributor for Texags. I thought I read that a while back. Or was that another trainer. 

Aggy getting 6 or 7 commits by July 4th?

Current Silent Commits - Dallas Walker, Chris Morris, Joshua Eaton, Devin Price, 

Probable -  Haynes King

I don't know if he was counting Akinoloa Ogunbiyi in that number or not. 

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I don't see Chad Lindberg being a part of this class based on the stuff I've heard. The two parties just seem like there are moving in opposite directions. 

"moving in different directions" is A+ recruiting nonsense.

"Moving in different directions" easily transitions to "Jimbo has another target rated higher on his board" after the recruit commits elsewhere.

• Like 1

Breaking it down: Where A&M stands at every position

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 31 minutes ago

With six commitments so far in the month of June, the outlook for the Texas A&M class is starting to become more clear.

While a year ago, things started to fill up a little more quickly than this cycle, the Aggies now have some momentum and could be adding more pledges soon.

Let’s take a look at where things stand, position by position.

QUARTERBACK

At quarterback, the primary target is Haynes King of Longview. The nation’s top uncommitted passer, the 6-foot-2.5, 185-pound dual-threat is very close to making a decision.

After taking four official visits in the past month, King wants to have a commitment done by the time the Elite 11 Finals begin. That just so happens to be this coming Friday.

While his most recent two officials were to Auburn and Duke, this is pretty much an A&M/Tennessee battle.

The Vols were in on him early and he has developed a very good relationship with the staff there. However, A&M has the distance factor in its favor as well as a depth chart that is open once Kellen Mond leaves and a proven quarterback developer in Jimbo Fisher. It could go either way, but my Crystal Ball prediction is on the Aggies.

If King chooses Tennessee, look for A&M to circle back on Malik Hornsby, who committed to North Carolina last month. He took an unofficial visit to Aggieland two weeks ago.

If for some reason they don’t land King or Hornsby, the Aggies had Stephenville’s Kade Renfro, a current North Texas commit, in for two consecutive days of camp this month.

A&M is also recruiting four-star Alabama athlete Kristian Story as a quarterback and, should the Aggies land him, it would probably be the only way they take two passers in the class. If quarterback does not work out, he could play either safety or linebacker. Story is down to A&M and Alabama and plans to announce between the two on July 18.

RUNNING BACK

(Photo: Brian Perroni, 247Sports)

This is one position where things could get interesting if several others all want on board.

The Aggies took a commitment two weekends ago from Deondre Jacksonout of Georgia while on his official visit. They like him as a between-the-tackles back in the SEC.

This past weekend, national top-50 prospect Daniyel Ngata of Folsom, Calif., was in town on an official visit. He is an all-purpose back and a change-of-pace guy that A&M wants in the class. He has only used one of his official visits so far, but the Aggies are very much in the running.

In the same mold as Ngata is four-star Devon Achane of Fort Bend Marshall. While many schools like the electric playmaker as a slot receiver, A&M is recruiting him at running back. He took an unofficial visit to Aggieland this past week and also met with the track coaches. Despite an official to North Carolina over the weekend, the feeling is that he will stay closer to home. Achane wants to play running back so A&M has that going in its favor. He does not plan to announce for a while but he is high on the Aggies and vice versa.

Over the weekend, A&M played host to the nation’s top running back in North Shore five-star Zachary Evans on an unofficial visit. While he did not include any in-state schools in his recent top 5, the Aggies are very much in it with him. There has long been talk around North Shore that he likes A&M more than he has let on and then Bradley Dale Peveto has been doing a very good job recruiting him. This one will be a marathon but all of the Aggie commits are working on him as well.

Four-star Sam Adams II out of Washington is an Aggie legacy but has never been to College Station. That will change when he makes it to campus in late July for an unofficial visit. However, in-state Washington has been the school has followed for a long time and will be tough to beat out. He has also already used officials to Florida and Ohio State.

Lamy Constant out of Brooklyn and EJ Smith of Dallas Jesuit both named A&M in their final groups over the weekend, but neither is expected to be part of the Aggie class.

WIDE RECEIVER

A&M has one of the country’s best wide receiver hauls already.

Five-star Demond Demas is the highest-ranked member of the entire class and also the face of it. He is in College Station practically every chance he can get, including this past weekend.

Fort Bend Austin’s Troy Omeire is a national top-100 prospect that was a big head-to-head victory over Texas earlier this month. Both the Longhorns and LSU felt good about their chances but Omeire made up his mind after his official to A&M.

Four-star Muhsin Muhammad III of Charlotte (N.C.) Myers Park is a player that receivers coach Dameyune Craigreally wanted and was able to convince to eschew the local schools for A&M. After an official visit last month, he returned again with his family a month later and filmed a commitment video.

The Aggies are done at receiver unless A&M Consolidated’s Devin Price wants in. The son of defensive ends coach Terry Price still has a spot in the class and could make a decision soon after recently officially visiting across town. Arizona is his other top choice.

TIGHT END

Southlake Carroll’s Blake Smith saw a ton of offers pour in this spring. The 6-foot-4, 247-pounder split time between quarterback and tight end as a junior and, though he saw limited action as a receiver, was an all-district selection.

He impressed a ton of schools this spring, though, and was offered by almost every top program in the country. However, A&M received his first official visit earlier this month and Smith shut things down for good after.

If he is the only tight end in the class, it would not be a surprise. However, the Aggies are still after a few.

Five-star Arik Gilbert out of Georgia is a longshot, but did unofficially visit this spring. Reeltown, Ala., athlete Eric Shawworked out at both tight end and linebacker at camp and could be a take at either spot. He is high on South Carolina after a recent official visit, though.

OFFENSIVE LINE

A&M currently has four commitments in the class on the offensive line. Two of those – Josh Bankhead of The Woodlands College Park and Akinola Ogunbiyi of Fort Bend Kempner – will definitely finish in it.

At this point, the other two are up in the air.

Former A&M offensive line coach Jim Turner took a commitment from Navasota’s Jordan Jefferson in early February of his freshman year. At this point, it would be a surprise if Jefferson ended up in the A&M class.

Fort Bend Hightower guard Smart Chibuzo could potentially jeopardize his spot if he takes other visits, as he has long mentioned he planned to. He is set to officially visit Aggieland in October and there will likely be a ‘come to Jesus’ talk then.

The Aggies likely have room for two more and there are two players that are the most likely at this point.

Athens four-star tackle Garrett Hayes is one of those players that is just not all that focused on the recruiting process. However, he is an Aggie legacy and has been to College Station several times. A&M is in good shape but Arkansas is pressing as well.

Chris Morris of Memphis (Tenn.) Central has been to A&M perhaps more often than any other out-of-state player. A versatile lineman, the national top-100 prospect is high on the Aggies and plans to officially visit in the fall. A&M is in good shape with him as well.

Over the weekend, Clear Creek four-star tackle Chad Lindberg used his fifth and final official visit to Aggieland. He’s still a longshot, though, and seems likely to be Texas-bound.

Also in town for an official was Sedrick Van Pran, a four-star center out of New Orleans (La.) Warren Easton. It will be an uphill battle for him, though.

A&M had four-star Carthage tackle and Arkansas commit Ty'kieast Crawford on campus this spring for an unofficial, but he is a longshot as well.

DEFENSIVE END

At defensive end, Texas A&M has a commitment from one the highest-rated pass rushers on its board.

Camden (N.J.) Woodrow Wilson four-star Fadil Diggs committed to the Aggies in early May as he built a very good rapport with area recruiter Elijah Robinson. He has since taken official visits to Florida and Penn State, but the Aggies are not too worried at this point.

There are a trio of in-state defensive ends that A&M is after as well.

Houston Cy Ridge four-star Vernon Broughton used his fifth and final official visit over the weekend as he made his way to Aggieland. The 6-foot-5, 286-pound defender had also spent the night in College Station a few weeks prior during summer camp.

After the visit, there is some optimism surrounding Broughton and A&M. He plans to make a decision in the relatively near future. At one point, Arkansas felt good about its standing, but that has faded a bit. This looks like it will be an A&M/Texas battle. Neither would surprise but, at this moment, I would predict A&M if I were forced to make a prediction.

Manor four-star Princely Umanmielendoes not plan to announce until October but A&M recently had him on campus for yet another unofficial and he really likes how he would be used in the Aggie defense. A&M will also get the final official visit before he makes his decision. This one will likely be a three-team battle with A&M, Oklahoma and Texas.

The third of the group is Alfred Collinsof Bastrop Cedar Creek. The Aggies were the first team to offer him and he has an official visit set up for the Alabama game. However, his mother played basketball at Texas and, because of that, he grew up a big Longhorn fan. He was in Austin again over the weekend and Texas definitely has the momentum there.

Four-star Jason Harris out of Arizona is a converted basketball player. He plans to officially visit A&M for the Alabama game weekend as well but his brother Jalen is a current defensive end for in-state Arizona while his father played linebacker for the Wildcats and his mother played basketball there. Needless to say, it will be hard to beat out Arizona.

The Aggies will also work to get four-star Tyler Baron out of Knoxville on campus but he is a longshot.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

(Photo: Ryan Callahan, 247Sports)

Texas A&M added a big – literally and figuratively – piece of the puzzle this past week when Isaiah Raikes of Richland (N.J.) St. Augustine chose the Aggies over Penn State. The 6-foot-0.5, 324-pound defender is a run stuffer in the middle.

The Aggies want at least one more interior defender to go along with him though.

The most likely is a recent official visit. Dallas Walker of Smyrna, Tenn., was in town two weekends ago and the Aggies made a huge impression him. In fact, a commitment in the relatively near future from the 6-foot-4, 315-pound defender is not out of the question.

A&M had a big-time national top-100 prospect in town over the weekend in Jaquelin Roy of Baton Rouge (La.) U-High on an official visit. He also spent a weekend in College Station in early February, while he was still an LSU commit. Roy has grown close to a number of the current Aggie pledges and once again left very high on A&M. However, the Aggies are going to have to fight off Alabama and LSU for his services. Like with Evans, this recruitment is going to be a marathon.

National top-100 prospect Omari Thomas of Memphis (Tenn.) Briarcrest Christian spent multiple days in Aggieland last summer and plans to officially visit in the fall. It would seen as a huge coup to land him, but you never know once he gets on campus again.

LINEBACKER

(Photo: 247Sports)

With the lack of linebackers in the state of Texas, this has become a position that is a bit of a question mark at the moment. The Aggies do not have a commitment yet at the position and, depending on how things play out with the top targets, A&M could find itself looking for late bloomers again like in the 2019 class.

A&M would love to land four-star Kourt Williams out of Southern California. He has been to town both on an unofficial and official visit. After making it town Ohio State this past weekend, he has now used all five of his officials and a decision is not too far off. The Buckeyes have a lot of momentum there.

Another outside prospect the Aggies are in on is Antonio Doyle out of St. Louis (Mo.) Lutheran North. The four-star was scheduled to be in town this past weekend on an official visit but surprisingly committed to in-state Missouri two weeks prior and canceled the trip. A&M will continue to work to get Doyle, who at one time was considered an Aggie lean, on campus in the fall.

On the inside, four-star Noah Sewell out of Utah is a major target. The ultra-athletic 6-foot-2, 266-pounder has been to Aggieland unofficially and says the three schools he definitely plans to officially visit are A&M, Georgia and Oregon. Due to family ties, Oregon is thought to currently have the upper hand but he has very real interest in the Aggies and is one of their top overall defensive targets.

Choe Bryant-Strother out of Georgia is a target at inside linebacker. He is coming off a visit to Nebraska over the weekend that went well, but plans to use an official to A&M in the fall. He has been to campus once for an unofficial.

The Aggies offered North Shore’s Matthew Roberts after a camp earlier this month. He just transferred to the school from Kansas City, where he played defensive end. How hard the Aggies pursue the 6-foot-1, 210-pound defender at this point is a bit of an unknown.

Another in-state prospect to pick up an offer from camp was Kenneth Phillips IIIof Fort Bend Bush. A bit undersized at 5-foot-11.5, 205 pounds, Phillips was offered as a linebacker/safety hybrid.

Again, this position could see some late offers and that approach paid off a year ago. The Aggies may have to hope it does again.

CORNERBACK

This is another position that could get interesting. The Aggies have a commitment from one of the top overall players on their board in national top-100 prospect Jaylon Jones from Cibolo Steele. But, they need a few more at the spot.

A&M has one more big in-state target in Aldine MacArthur’s Joshua Eaton. The four-star could potentially make a decision this summer, as soon as July 4, and, if he does, it would seem to bode well for A&M. His only scheduled official visit so far is to Aggieland while Texas – which is seen as the primary competition – just landed a four-star corner commit over the weekend and is still after another.

Two weekends ago, the Aggies convinced Kansas City (Mo.) Raytown four-star Dontae Manning to officially visit. The national top-100 prospect has been committed to Oklahoma since mid-April, but it is anything but a solid pledge. He is high on the Aggies and Maurice Linguist and Co. are working hard to flip him.

Also in town that weekend was four-star Joshuah Moten of Fort Washington (Md.) National Christian Academy. He had been committed to Penn State until a couple days before the trip. Now, after officials to A&M and Nebraska, he plans to announce on July 2.

Colonial Heights (Va.) Life Christian Academy cornerback Joseph Johnsonis another recently official visit. He was offered by A&M on the trip but it’s unclear at the moment how hard the Aggies will push. Johnson also plans to announce on July 2 and is down to A&M, N.C. State, Ohio State and Penn State. The Buckeyes are not likely an option and he could decide to rejoin the Wolfpack commitment list.

Yet another prospect announcing on July 2 is Joey Hunter of Tyrone (Ga.) Sandy Creek. He earned an offer after an impressive camp performance earlier this month. However, the timing of his commitment could benefit South Carolina, which had him on campus for an official visit this past weekend.

The Aggies would like to add a junior college corner as well but with Blinn’s Marco Domio likely LSU-bound, there is a question as to who it could be. Look for the defensive staff to continue evaluating players during the season.

SAFETY

(Photo: Billy Embody, 247Sports)

Like with cornerback, there are a lot of moving parts at safety. And, like at cornerback, there is a big in-state target.

With out-of-state prospects Jordan Morant and Antonio Johnson committing to Michigan and Tennessee, respectively, the Aggies will turn the hear up even more on Shadow Creek four-star Xavion Alford.

3COMMENTS

He is close friends with Eaton and the two made the trip together to campus for a recent camp. If Eaton ends up in the fold, he would help the Aggies in their pursuit of Alford. Alford is also high on Auburn, Florida, LSU and Texas, among others.

Houston St. Pius speedy wide receiver Seth Jones was recently asked to come back for a second camp at A&M and work at defensive back, a position he has not played. He impressed enough to earn an offer. The 6-foot, 180-pounder is fast enough to play corner but could be a better fit at safety. This will likely be an A&M/Baylor battle and could come down to if he wants to stay at wideout. Prior to the Aggie offer, Jones was close to committing to the Bears.

The Aggies are also trying to get Vito Tisdale from Kentucky in town for a visit but, until he makes it, should be considered a longshot.

A&M could also potentially circle back to Dwight McGlothern if his senior season at Klein Oak goes well. He was once considered a heavy Aggie lean