Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Wow who wouldn’t want to play for a coach like this:

Many of the issues Taggart inherited, they say, began with the coddling of Jameis Winston, the player who led the Noles to such remarkable heights under Fisher. Those issues eventually bled into a hands-off attitude with academics and placed the program at risk of not complying with NCAA standards and being ineligible to participate in championship events.

Another former assistant under Fisher tells Bleacher Report that by the end of Fisher's reign, coaches were being given one mandate: "Keep the players eligible."

When asked if that was indeed the overriding academic plan, Coburn admits, "It appears that was the case."

25 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Someone sent this article to me this morning. Of course, Aggy is out in droves defending Fisher, which anyone would expect. 

"Academics under Fisher, one former FSU assistant coach says, were a direct result of a lack of discipline and direction on the team. Those issues soiled the locker room and fed entitlement—and it played out on the field."

My wife's family are heavy contributers and boosters at FSU. This article is tame from the shit I've heard. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Someone sent this article to me this morning. Of course, Aggy is out in droves defending Fisher, which anyone would expect. 

"Academics under Fisher, one former FSU assistant coach says, were a direct result of a lack of discipline and direction on the team. Those issues soiled the locker room and fed entitlement—and it played out on the field."

My wife's family are heavy contributers and boosters at FSU. This article is tame from the shit I've heard. 

Go on...

Aggie does not care about any of that, they’re buying g players to win. You don’t have to go to class if you do not want to, you get in trouble putting you junk in your tutor who is taking your online classes face when others are around. 

13 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Ditto. I have a really close friend who played baseball there and is a big booster and this is still candy-coated for sure. 

I like this quote though :: 

In his three seasons that followed, Fisher led FSU to 25 wins in 37 games, including a pedestrian 14-10 record in the ACC—a league he had dominated in his first five seasons, at 34-6.

Five seasons? He dominated for five seasons? Hmmm, what's significant about that number? Ohhhh, those were kids recruited by Bobby Bowden/Mickey Andrews and crew. Once that fuckhead Jimbo lost the Bowden/Andrews identified talent, he became worse than pedestrian. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Ditto. I have a really close friend who played baseball there and is a big booster and this is still candy-coated for sure. 

I like this quote though :: 

Five seasons? He dominated for five seasons? Hmmm, what's significant about that number? Ohhhh, those were kids recruited by Bobby Bowden/Mickey Andrews and crew. Once that fuckhead Jimbo lost the Bowden/Andrews identified talent, he became worse than pedestrian. 

It was also when the ACC was garbage.  Clemson was not Clemson of today.  Miami and Va Tech sucked.  League was trash.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It was also when the ACC was garbage.  Clemson was not Clemson of today.  Miami and Va Tech sucked.  League was trash.

Yep, Jimbo needs two things to succeed on the field at the level A&M is expecting; considerably more talent than all of his opponents, and a really good college QB who fits his offense. He's not going to match Bama and LSU's recruiting, and probably won't out-recruit Auburn at a significant level. Cross divisional rival South Carolina is starting to recruit well too. And regarding QBs, Jimbo needs a quick processing and accurate QB for his post-snap read west coast offense, and he's been recruiting nothing but high ceiling big armed inaccurate questionable processors (aside from King Haynes, who'll likely end up at Tennessee), and Hornsby obviously fits one of those two categories. 

Edited by Fud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

I'm sure your buddy was "thrilled" about Martin Jr being named as baseball coach...

My FIL played for FSU in the mid 60s. I met the wife in Tallahassee in 1997 when she was a senior and I was a 1L. Her dad gave me shit for being a UT grad but he gives everyone shit. He has a lot of friends in the athletic department and basically Jimbo was allowed to run that place roughshod. The old AD, Wilcox, was basically a wimp who wouldn't stand up to Jimbo. If he did, Jimbo would run around him to Thrasher.

The number of tantrums that Jimbo Fisher threw over the smallest things are legendary in the Moore Center. Throwing shit at people and acting like a complete redneck when he didn't feel like he was in control. He bitched about getting an indoor practice facility and when it finally got put in motion, Jimbo couldn't be bothered to show up to the groundbreaking. A law school buddy also did undergrad at FSU and contributes quite a bit to the program. He won a hunting trip with Jimbo several years ago. Jimbo acted like it was a bother for him to be there. This was at the height of Hugh Freeze's run at Ole Miss and my buddy said Jimbo said some really nasty things about Freeze. Said his fake Christian act was "complete bullshit". 

People like to point the finger at Candi for their divorce but when it became public in Tallahassee that she had been running around on him, the quiet comments on that were "Guess Candi was getting him back".

Wouldn't surprise me if that unnamed assistant making comments in the article was Randy Sanders. He was going to leave after the 2017 season whether Jimbo stayed or not. He despised Jimbo. Jeremy Pruitt hated/hates Fisher's guts. FSU matched UGA's offer but Pruitt hated working for Jimbo that much. Jimbo went apeshit on Mark Stoops after a game in 2012 and Mark bolted the next season. Fisher has burned bridges with a shit load of assistants so it could be anyone who made those comments.

Edited by TBGFL
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

I'm sure your buddy was "thrilled" about Martin Jr being named as baseball coach...

He made peace with it a while ago - it didn't come as a surprise and he certainly wasn't quiet about his displeasure with the AD, but scotch rocks and golf will mollify. 

I can’t wait for the Jimbo rollercoaster to really take off. Doesn’t matter what coaches they hire, their culture will never change. When they hired Chavis away from LSU I thought they may have actually hired a pretty good coach. Turns out they ruined that guys career. Jimbo’s turn is coming soon.

Edited by texaslong

2 minutes ago, texaslong said:

When they hired Chablis away from LSU I thought they may have actually hired a pretty good coach.

can't expect chablis to be good right away.  Even though it's a white, you've got to give it some time to age and soften.

• Like 3

Just now, texifornia said:

Well one way to make sure Broughton and Princely know they'll be played at DE is to recruit actual human cubes at DT.

"Jimbo and Co. really got a lift today, with the commitment of Dallas Walker, who helps round out the aggy defensive line as the most buoyant in the SEC."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Looks like Aggy will add 3* DT Dallas Walker from TN tomorrow -- from Hamm Lite :: 

https://247sports.com/Player/Dallas-Walker-46037432/

Looch:  "An absolute monster get for Jimbo Fisher and company.  A true SEC West run stuffer that Jimbo just went and took right out of the heart of SEC country."

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looch:  "An absolute monster get for Jimbo Fisher and company.  A true SEC West run stuffer that Jimbo just went and took right out of the heart of SEC country."

Not sure I’ve ever seen a “journalist” that recruits harder than the coaches.

18 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Georgia kid without a Georgia offer. Hidden gem Linguist gonna coach’em up. SEC size.

No UGA offer? He's a GA CB with no offer from GaTech, Tennessee, Auburn, FSU, Florida, UNC, Clemson, NCState, Miami, or UVa. 

Hope Aggy keeps Linguist forever. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, golfclap said:

No UGA offer? He's a GA CB with no offer from GaTech, Tennessee, Auburn, FSU, Florida, UNC, Clemson, NCState, Miami, or UVa. 

Hope Aggy keeps Linguist forever. 

Jimbo can spot talent where nobody else can.

8 hours ago, TBGFL said:

My FIL played for FSU in the mid 60s. I met the wife in Tallahassee in 1997 when she was a senior and I was a 1L. Her dad gave me shit for being a UT grad but he gives everyone shit. He has a lot of friends in the athletic department and basically Jimbo was allowed to run that place roughshod. The old AD, Wilcox, was basically a wimp who wouldn't stand up to Jimbo. If he did, Jimbo would run around him to Thrasher.

The number of tantrums that Jimbo Fisher threw over the smallest things are legendary in the Moore Center. Throwing shit at people and acting like a complete redneck when he didn't feel like he was in control. He bitched about getting an indoor practice facility and when it finally got put in motion, Jimbo couldn't be bothered to show up to the groundbreaking. A law school buddy also did undergrad at FSU and contributes quite a bit to the program. He won a hunting trip with Jimbo several years ago. Jimbo acted like it was a bother for him to be there. This was at the height of Hugh Freeze's run at Ole Miss and my buddy said Jimbo said some really nasty things about Freeze. Said his fake Christian act was "complete bullshit". 

People like to point the finger at Candi for their divorce but when it became public in Tallahassee that she had been running around on him, the quiet comments on that were "Guess Candi was getting him back".

Wouldn't surprise me if that unnamed assistant making comments in the article was Randy Sanders. He was going to leave after the 2017 season whether Jimbo stayed or not. He despised Jimbo. Jeremy Pruitt hated/hates Fisher's guts. FSU matched UGA's offer but Pruitt hated working for Jimbo that much. Jimbo went apeshit on Mark Stoops after a game in 2012 and Mark bolted the next season. Fisher has burned bridges with a shit load of assistants so it could be anyone who made those comments.

Jizzbo is one lucky son of a bitch. $75 million guaranteed in genuine SEC dollars. Only has to survive the aggy stench for a few more years. Lets see if he can do it.

Not too bent about him going apeshit on a stoops, but everthing else is suspect.

He will not win a championship of any kind. Mark my words. 

He's going to sheep fuck the place up even worse than it already is.

Might give Loochi a heart attack. Please.

It's going to be glorious.

Enjoy! 

Hook'em 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigSwingingD said:

Jizzbo is one lucky son of a bitch. $75 million guaranteed in genuine SEC dollars. Only has to survive the aggy stench for a few more years. Lets see if he can do it.

Not too bent about him going apeshit on a stoops, but everthing else is suspect.

He will not win a championship of any kind. Mark my words. 

He's going to sheep fuck the place up even worse than it already is.

Might give Loochi a heart attack. Please.

It's going to be glorious.

Enjoy! 

Hook'em 

magnum pi television GIF

7 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

One little upset against aggy, and that carpet could easily be pulled out from under Jimbo...which could send him to the bar to drink his blues away.

He'll have $75 million to pay his bar tab.

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

7:55p

Staff

- I'll start with the Ft Bend Marshall duo of Malik Hornsby and Devon Achane. A pair of sources in Missouri City have expressed to me that Hornsby might be on the outs with North Carolina. It sounds like Tar Heel OC Phil Longo has different plans for Malik than maybe his lead recruiter did. Last weekend, Achane took an official visit to North Carolina by himself...meaning his mother (who's going to be a big part of his decision making process) and Hornsby did not accompany him to Chapel Hill. One of my contacts said the trip for Achane was nice, but in the end, he doesn't see UNC as a viable landing spot for Achane. On the A&M front, it sounds like Devon and his mom will be in College Station in late July for the Aggies' end of the summer recruiting event. 

- An east Texas source tells me tonight that members of the A&M staff are set to speak with Longview QB Haynes King on the phone as the highly touted signal caller moves closer to a decision. Tennessee has not let up here and still serves as the Ags' prime competitor. I did have a source tell me that, in terms of what Haynes is looking for development wise, there's no question the advantage lies with the Aggies. I'm still giving A&M the edge on this one, but because this one has been played close to the vest, it's really tough to be highly confident in that pick. 

- Just to back up Jason's report from earlier today, I've also been told by a different source to expect Memphis (TN) OL Chris Morris back in town for the late July recruiting event.

- I'm still not ready to go all-in on Vernon Broughton to A&M, but my confidence is growing. It's sort of similar to the Derrick Hunter recruitment last cycle in that, from what I've heard after asking around, a few schools feel like they have reason to believe he'll pick them, but the one consistent team I hear is Texas A&M. 

- Received a pair of reports earlier today that indicated Texas has taken the lead for Bastrop Cedar Creek DE Alfred Collins. The good news for A&M is that I don't think Collins will make a decision any time soon, and the Aggies will get him and Princely Umanmielen in for an OV during the Bama game weekend. 

- It looks like many of the A&M cornerback targets are lining up decisions that first week of July. Joseph Johnson and Joshuah Moten are announcing their choices on July 2nd with Josh Eaton expected to make his choice on July 4th. A report out of Virginia I received today indicated that the Aggies still maintain the advantage for Johnson. If you look at the upcoming depth chart down the road, I think it would behoove the Aggies to load up with cover men in this class if they can close with the guys they really want. 

- Staying in Virginia, I spoke with a source near highly touted 2021 Virginia Beach CB Tony Grimes who made another trip to Aggieland last week. Tony and his crew were actually going to come by TexAgs before they headed out, but they stayed on campus longer than expected. My source said the Grimes' crew had an absolute blast with the A&M staff and players. "They love that place. Real talk," was one of the quotes I got. Every time I reach out to folks near Tony, I get the same response in regards to their visits to Aggieland and their affinity for the coaching staff. A&M has positioned themselves very well early on for one of the premier national prospects in that class. 

- I also was able to catch up with recent 2021 RB offer LJ Johnson Jr out of CyFair to get his thoughts on A&M after he spent the day camping with the Aggie staff earlier this month. 

"Coach Fisher was the one who made me the offer. He said he really liked my combination of speed, size, and burst the most. My favorite part of the day though was just seeing the campus and the facilities."

"The entire atmosphere around the camp was great. Every one was competing and pushing each other. I liked that the coaches were coaching us hard and trying to get the best out of us."

- Reminder that we are keeping an eye on the commitment decision from Smyrna (TN) DT Dallas Walker that is going to happen tomorrow at the Rivals 5 Star challenge in Atlanta.