Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's the word, but I wouldn't get too excited. I don't believe we're a slam dunk for tears. 

That update that was posted earlier made it seem that he's leaning towards them.. no one can close out a kid on the phone like Jimbo can.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Raikes is one active meatball. Walker looks to be strictly a run plugger. Diggs looks like a solid edge prospect. Raikes and Diggs are good prospects, although they'll need a lot of work; Raikes to keep the weight down, and Diggs to actually become good at football and learn to bend the arc. Walker looks JAGish to me. 

Supposedly, they'll have to work hard to keep all three from regional teams. 

That is some hard hitting analysis from a twitter camp photo. 

15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

“The best signal caller in the state”

8-B7-A8-FD1-D747-4902-88-A5-D1-C09-E476-

Time for an emergency Looch 44 update. Gotta get King up above JQJ. 

I mean, 247 has Kings listed as the equivalent to a 5 star on their site. He's a top 100 player in the country in the composite. This isn't some bullshit NJ 3 Star is a Texas 5 star liucci bullshit. King legitimately might be the best QB in the state this year. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Whom they never talked about when Hornsby was a future 5 star and best qb prospect in the state. 

Yeah. I'm not saying they're not retarded. They're all fucking retarded. I'm just saying that if they fall ass backwards into King, for once their bullshit isn't just completely absurd hyperbole. Bind squirrel finding an acorn, Norla waking up sober, or Giles landing a coveted recruit at his position. Pick your statistical anomaly. It's not because their antics and bullshit up to this point isn't the typical predictable garbage, it just means that for once they when they decided to Press Their Luck it didn't land on Whammy. 

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I expect King to commit to ATM today. The only hold up is the dad, who is allegedly coming around or some shit. Prepare to be disappointed. I'll be happily wrong.

My understanding is that it's "some shit". As in, they are factoring in the possibility of Haynes having a different coach by the time he's a junior and the clear starter.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I expect King to commit to ATM today. The only hold up is the dad, who is allegedly coming around or some shit. Prepare to be disappointed. I'll be happily wrong.

Not sure about this. We'll see. 

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

My understanding is that it's "some shit". As in, they are factoring in the possibility of Haynes having a different coach by the time he's a junior and the clear starter.

You are saying that he is willing to sit for 2-3 years, and that jimbo will be gone by then?

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

If aggy wins out it’s purely based on proximity.  Tennessee checked all the other boxes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You are saying that he is willing to sit for 2-3 years, and that jimbo will be gone by then?

The thinking is Jimbo is only going to be there for 3 more years, one of which, King will be in high school, and two of which, he will either sit, or suffer through bad coaching for.

18 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

If aggy wins out it’s purely based on proximity.  Tennessee checked all the other boxes.

If it's A&M, I wonder if Harrison Bailey lighting up the camp yesterday and winning MVP plays a role?

29 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

For the second time this week:

giphy.gif

The good thing for this board is that we really do both hear shit from disparate places, and I know with certainty they’re all involved with the recruiting landscape legitimately. Some don’t give one shit about Texas, but they do know what’s going on generally. 

Anyone talking to the staffs at ATM or Tenn is probably not getting good info on King until he calls to commit, that’s certain. They both think they’re getting the commitment. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Interesting that he is framing it like a final decision. Makes it tougher to then say this one isn’t over yet if he picks Tennessee. But those idiots will believe whatever shit is offered forth, so maybe he doesn’t care about his words being used against him. 

Perroni and Brauninger do this often.  Something along the lines of, "While King may be committed to Tennessee, he has been in regular contact with Jimbo Fisher and Co., and when the aggy staff calls him, he listens.  So this could come down to signing day, and I'm hearing the ags are making up a lot of ground here."

14 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

Perroni and Brauninger do this often.  Something along the lines of, "While King may be committed to Tennessee, he has been in regular contact with Jimbo Fisher and Co., and when the aggy staff calls him, he listens.  So this could come down to signing day, and I'm hearing the ags are making up a lot of ground here."

Sooooo....King is 50.1% or 49.9% on aggy.

59 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

To be fair, seems like everybody does that. 

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Northwestern, aggy, and 1 other team are the most irrelevant athletic departments in all of college sports.

Tech was that other team but they finished final 4 in both basketball and baseball this year. Now it’s just 2. Except Northwestern is a really good school so really only one pitiful D1 school in the country.

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Tech was that other team but they finished final 4 in both basketball and baseball this year. Now it’s just 2. Except Northwestern is a really good school so really only one pitiful D1 school in the country.

Yep. Only one program that is literally no good at anything. Well, anything worth doing, anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

56 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And their campus actually is less than an hour from a major city. 

• Northwestern's campus is beautiful (definitely better than the endless stale brick and crazies in aggyville).
  • NW has been to a conference championship game in the past two decades (2018)
  • NW has a genuinely good head coach that doesn't cover up sexual assaults.
  • NW is a superior academic institution to aggy.

So, it's settled. Really, aggy is the worst D1 institution.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

• Northwestern's campus is beautiful (definitely better than the endless stale brick and crazies in aggyville).
  • NW has been to a conference championship game in the past two decades (2018)
  • NW has a genuinely good head coach that doesn't cover up sexual assaults.
  • NW is a superior academic institution to aggy.

So, it's settled. Really, aggy is the worst D1 institution.

I would rather go to Northwestern and just not have sports.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

What person in their right mind wouldn’t rather go to Northwestern? 

This guy, probably.

6qvfjl.jpg

EDIT: My bad - I missed the "in their right mind" part. This poor guy clearly doesn't fall into that category.

Edited by campcrunk

5-star Demas has confidence in himself and A&M recruiting

VIP By BRIAN PERRONI 

When Tomball five-star wide receiver Demond Demas committed to Texas A&M back in September of his junior year, there were a lot of people at the time that did not thing the pledge would last long. However, that has not been the case.

The 6-foot-3, 182-pound standout is the leader of a top-10-ranked Aggie class and is in College Station seemingly every chance he gets. That included this past weekend. Demas wanted to use his official just before the dead period, but had a birthday party for his brother. However, he still made sure to get to town on Saturday afternoon to do some recruiting on a big weekend.

His efforts have already paid off with one player as four-star offensive guard Akinola Ogunbiyi, a one-time early Aggie pledge, flipped his commitment back to A&M from Georgia on Sunday.

"It was fun. It's home, so it was just a normal weekend for me," the nation's No. 15 overall composite propect said. "But, I wanted others to make sure to feel like it was home, too.

"I talked to Aki. We got him back on board. He just needed to see what made him commit in the first place. This class is like a family and he knew that. It was an easy decision for him."

Another player in town on an unofficial visit was North Shore five-star Zachary Evans, the top-ranked running back in the country.

"With Zach, he sees what's going on in College Station," Demas said. "I'm doing everything I can to make sure of it, too. You see I got Aki back on board. Obviously, [Evans] needs an o-line."

Evans recently failed to include any in-state programs in his top 5. While Demas does not want to put words in his fellow prospect's mouth, he says there's a reason the running back made the trip to Aggieland.

"All I'm going to say is, he's going to that school for a reason," Demas said of Evans' visit. "He's going to that school for a reason. He didn't just show up because he was bored.

"It was the same thing with me. When I didn't include A&M in my top 5, look where I ended up. Vernon (Broughton), he wasn't talking about A&M too much for a while there but, again, look at his actions. He's been there now twice this month."

Next up for Demas is The Opening Finals this coming weekend and next week in Frisco. His 7-on-7 team for the event is absolutely loaded and he has high expectations for it.

"Oh man, my team, I'm excited. I think we're going to win it all," Demas said. "It's Bryce Young at quarterback, Zach Evans at running back. Then me, Julian Fleming, Gee Scott, Troy Omeire, Parker Washington at receiver. I don't see anybody stopping us. You've got the top running back in the country, the top receivers in the country. Double one of us, there are ton of other threats."

While he wants his team to show out, Demas wants to make a big impression individually as well. He is not shy of having a goal of being the No. 1-ranked player in the country.

"You know I've never lacked confidence," he said. "I want to show that I'm the top player in the country. Period. This is my chance to do that and I can't wait