Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The Aggy Network is the biggest myth since Bigfoot 

Not if you have no standards worth speaking of, it's not. There is no better guarantee of not having to do any real work and still not get fired from your low level management job in the North Houston suburbs than having an aggy degree and a pulse.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, sport. I love how they draw conclusions based on the full game stats of a game where their opponent basically stopped playing about 20 minutes in, since the game was already over.

They are probably just hyped by the fact that we're getting Waddle

I love how every year, only the guys committing to Aggy are capable of shutting down Bama...and then when these guys end up on the team, they miraculously can never actually do it.  Must be TH and the BOMC (and maybe even Uncle Red) paying these Aggy players to sandbag in order to keep the sleeping giant of Jimbo at bay.

31 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I haven't read DCTF yet. What's this poll they speak of?

I'm guessing it's the preseason ranking which they have Texas at 8 and aggy at 13.  Or could it be that they are predicted to finish 3rd in their division? BTW David Ubben seems to be a future Texags reporter

2 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

I read it as a poll of high school football coaches and they ranked Jimbo as the least trusted coach in the state

They had a survey where one of the questions was which FBS coach is the most trustworthy

IIRC Patterson was the most at like 40%, Herman was somewhere in the middle around 10, and Jimbo was the least at like 5. Really it's just a product of who has been coaching in the state the longest

I don't remember it being a ranking so you can't draw conclusions about who is the least trusted so I don't know why they're freaking out 

E: I remember seeing a preview of it but can't find it now. There might be more to it than what I saw.

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

Alford might be all bama but isn’t Texas in the mix if they don’t want him?  I’m sure that’s not worth mentioning for peroni, I imagine if Alford gets spurned by bama the new narrative will be that he’s taking a closer look at aggy and don’t count jimbo out in a recruitment. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Alford might be all bama but isn’t Texas in the mix if they don’t want him?  I’m sure that’s not worth mentioning for peroni, I imagine if Alford gets spurned by bama the new narrative will be that he’s taking a closer look at aggy and don’t count jimbo out in a recruitment. 

Yes, Texas is. LSU used to be up there, but I think they quit recruiting him hard after landing Toles. However, as a Ro Simon kid, there's a chance Ro peddles him around on a visit tour right before the signing period, and that typically doesn't end well for Texas if it happens

4 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I'm guessing it's the preseason ranking which they have Texas at 8 and aggy at 13.  Or could it be that they are predicted to finish 3rd in their division? BTW David Ubben seems to be a future Texags reporter

Ubben hates Texas. He is a mizzou grad and got his thigh highs in a bunch when Mack Brown was running train on Gary Pinkel's top 10 teams. 

• Like 1

It amazes me that even though King is doing well enough on his own at the Elite 11, aggy can't be happy about that. Even if he were already committed (and there is no guarantee he will be, either, of course), they would still feel the need to run down Card in order to feel the slightest bit of happiness.

That kind of existence holds an appeal for some folk, but I will never, ever understand why. I'd rather be a toll booth operator in Bangladesh than be an aggy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It amazes me that even though King is doing well enough on his own at the Elite 11, aggy can't be happy about that. Even if he were already committed (and there is no guarantee he will be, either, of course), they would still feel the need to run down Card in order to feel the slightest bit of happiness.

That kind of existence holds an appeal for some folk, but I will never, ever understand why. I'd rather be a toll booth operator in Bangladesh than be an aggy.

Funny, that's exactly what you would be qualified for with one of those vaunted aggy degrees. 

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The best part of that is their use of 'he's a WR playing QB' to denigrate Card - ignoring that one of the best QB's in their history played WR.

46 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Part. And. Parcel.

Actually, they'd rather see us lose than see themselves win.  That's their thing.

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

woah woah woah woah.. are we just going to gloss over the fact that the two best in the business are collaborating together?!

D-WzeKgW4AEjRXN.jpg

I dunno, how does any qb do when they've been ear holed?  I'm guessing that's a penalty so they get an automatic first down while a defender gets tossed.  But otherwise, in 3-4 years Card is probably going to be thicker and stronger so he can take a few hits. Unlike aggie, UT actually has other qbs.  

Edited by Mdhorn