Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, dude is right. I don't think anyone would put forth that the Aggie Network isn't real, and that Ag's dont try to take care of their own. If you need a teach job at a school with an Ag principle, or if you're a contractor needing steady construction work then the aggie network can help out. Want to sell Caterpillar's and heavy machinery on a storeroom floor? They gotchu, fam. Shit, even if you're just a fan and wear maroon to the interview, chances are they can probably start you out with a prime position as a used car salesman, gotta buy your own dealership polos, though. 

The Aggie Network is real. There's a fuck ton of middle managers and some directors and senior VPs that will guide his flock right into solid 70-80k dollar a year jobs, long term. 

My wife teaches at a cypress school (commutes from the city), and apparently a young teacher in her department two years out of school with a bachelors just got a team leader promotion over a 30 year old with a masters and doctorate who, according to my source, is a really good teacher and is good at whatever else they have to do. 

The younger teacher is an aggie, as is the principal.

I’m sure everyone has their anecdotes that are about as uninteresting as mine, but fuck that nepotistical cult 

• Like 3

I never understood boasting about that stupid fucking collective as being a selling point to recruits. Is there a program out there that doesn't have boosters/ fans who love to hire former players? I mean, I'd think that it's a given. 

It's like, "come here and you'll even get your own fully functioning* bathroom!" 

*[small] subject to taxes and fees. Not applicable during football season. Bathroom is a subjective term, etc...[print]

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

My wife teaches at a cypress school (commutes from the city), and apparently a young teacher in her department two years out of school with a bachelors just got a team leader promotion over a 30 year old with a masters and doctorate who, according to my source, is a really good teacher and is good at whatever else they have to do. 

I’m sure everyone has their anecdotes that are about as uninteresting as mine, but fuck that nepotistical cult 

Cypress is unfortunately a bastion of aggy. You would think the consistent flooding would keep their herd numbers down, but no.

15 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I never understood boasting about that stupid fucking collective as being a selling point to recruits. Is there a program out there that doesn't have boosters/ fans who love to hire former players? I mean, I'd think that it's a given. 

Our cult is more cronyistic and nepotistic than yours!1!!

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

D9gv7eYX4AMijpD.jpg

Not a single one of those sound like confident picks.  "A Tennessee pick would not be shocking".  OK Perroni.  "Texas is the main competition for Eaton".  Making it so it'll look like a head-to-head win for Dumbo.  Umanmielen pointed at a position on paper?  Big time aggy lock!

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not a single one of those sound like confident picks.  "A Tennessee pick would not be shocking".  OK Perroni.  "Texas is the main competition for Eaton".  Making it so it'll look like a head-to-head win for Dumbo.  Umanmielen pointed at a position on paper?  Big time aggy lock!

I think Eaton happens, unless Texas, LSU, or Bama decides to press just to fuck with A&M, which while I can’t rule out, I bet he picks A&M soon. Unless this is a Ro Simon keep the recruitment alive until the end special. 

24 minutes ago, Fud said:

18 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I do a lot of hiring in my dept here in Austin and I can't count the # of aggy resume's I've buried.  So...

An ecosystem in perfect balance. Nature’s beauty on display. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Fud said:

Yeaaaaa they're fucking.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I do a lot of hiring in my dept here in Austin and I can't count the # of aggy resume's I've buried.  So...

I have worked with two aggys who somehow made it through the interview process at my company, and both are/were the most hated people to work with in the entire region. They added as much value as a garden slug on a hot day and never sold shit in two years, both ex OL for Jackie Sherrill and RC. The younger one is perhaps the stupidest person I have ever met and managed to get his corporate card shut off in his first 5 months in role because he ran up $30K worth of expenses and didnt turn in his expense reports for over three months. The older one is the biggest asshole I have ever met by a mile, and in typical aggy fashion talked a big game but never delivered anything. 

• Like 2

Thankfully, aggy virtually never make it up to NYC. I unknowingly stopped into an aggy bar in Chelsea (they had a flag and some paraphernalia on the wall) to take a piss on a Saturday gameday and there were a whole two goobers in maroon at the bar watching the early games.

Edited by texifornia

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Thankfully, aggy virtually never make it up to NYC. I unknowingly stopped into an aggy bar in Chelsea (they had a flag and some paraphernalia on the wall) to take a piss on a Saturday gameday and there were a whole two goobers in maroon at the bar watching the early games.

Better knock on wood. They already have ads in the D.C. subway.

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Cypress is unfortunately a bastion of aggy. You would think the consistent flooding would keep their herd numbers down, but no. 

Their mean BMI numbers suggest that they would be really good at floating, making mass drownings really difficult for large hordes of aggy.

dang some of y'all have shitty jobs in the suburbs. 

also, i'm just here to note for the record that during this incredibly average recruiting run we're on, isaiah raikes is going to be a badass dt in college.

please quote this to me when he transfers back to jersey his first semester on campus.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, bizzle said:

dang some of y'all have shitty jobs in the suburbs. 

also, i'm just here to note for the record that during this incredibly average recruiting run we're on, isaiah raikes is going to be a badass dt in college.

please quote this to me when he transfers not by portal but by freight back to jersey his first semester on campus.

fify

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Lobo football, Bodacious, Country Tavern (not really in Longview but close enough), Butcher Shoppe, Juicy’s, Waffle Shoppe (now closed), Johnny Cace’s (now closed), Dudley’s, Shogun’s, Fisherman’s Market, Pizza King, and proximity to the Boats in Shreveport is about Longview has to offer.

I’ll be there this weekend so I might have an update for this thread later...but since school is out I may not hear anything.

Go up in one of those hot air balloons and see what's happening there for us...while you are there.

5 hours ago, Scholz said:

I understand, as you do, that an aggy making themselves known to a Horn, who knows how pathetic some aggy are, then it's likely not to always end well for the aggy.  I must say, however, that there are some good aggys out there....if you look hard....and don't let them herd.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

They are so giddy about perceived HTH wins over Texas for 2 guys that are 4th and 3rd on the Texas respective position boards.

i think we're giddy about any cornerback who appears like he can 1. make a play on the football, and 2. break a 4.8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I understand, as you do, that an aggy making themselves known to a Horn, who knows how pathetic some aggy are, then it's likely not to always end well for the aggy.  I must say, however, that there are some good aggys out there....if you look hard....and don't let them herd.

This is valid.  I married one after all.  But through her connections/college friends/tailgating cohorts is why I know the true nature of the beast.

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Our family is split.  Texas and Gomers.  Few Techies that are told to sit in the corner and be reminded to keep the crayons off the walls....

Saving the walls for aggy to scribble "WRTS" on them?

• Haha 1

New york city?6b7f6d44e69d0fca3d0c20ee93678f1c.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk