Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

ATM basically has a shot at Achane because they are straight up lying to him about being able to handle P5 TB load. 

Aggies seem to be stuck in a weird crossroads between saying 5' 10" 210lb Deondre Jackson is an ideal SEC back and also wanting 5' 10" 170lb Devon Achane as a RB. 

Spoiler

1. The Aggies picked up a big one yesterday when 6-1, 320-pound Isaiah Raikes‍ announced in favor of the Aggies. The New Jersey standout chose A&M over Penn State, a pretty significant head-to-head win for Elijah Robinson (who is a star in the making, both as a coach and recruiter) and the Aggies. What the Ags added in Raikes (and why Robinson coveted the soon to be four-star DT like he did) is an enormous interior presence who is exceptionally light on his feet and very powerful with his hands. Isaiah is an explosive defensive tackle who can really move. He's incredibly disruptive and has the kind of size that translates to him doing the same in the Southeastern Conference once he adjusts to the college game. The most recent Wrecking Crew addition is as effective at stopping the run as he is getting to the quarterback, as evidenced by his eye-catching 8.5 sacks as a junior. If you're thinking of Daylon Mack while reading this, there are certainly some similarities, with Mack being a little more explosive out of his stance (Daylon was rare in this regard), but Raikes is a little taller and possesses significantly more length and reach,

Make no mistake, Isaiah has been considered a priority target by the A&M staff for a while now, and landing a very disruptive and talented out-of-stater in a year where the in-state talent pool is as shallow as I've ever seen it felt particularly important. If the Ags can somehow pull either Vernon Broughton‍ or Dallas Walker‍ to a team with Raikes on the inside, the team inside the Bright Complex would be positively giddy.

Finally, with Robinson and Elko leading the charge in their old stomping grounds, the Ags are making more noise in that part of the country than ever before. If you check out any list out of Jersey, A&M has commits from two of the top ten players in the Garden State. The Ags also made the final five for Bergen Catholic safety Jordan Morant‍. If this keeps up, the 'Northeast Pipeline to Aggieland' will become a thing.

Scott Schrader/TrojanInsider.com

Deondre Jackson has the ability to beat you in a number of different ways with his 5-11, 220 pound frame.

2. Deondre Jackson‍ committing on his visit came as a bit of a surprise to this corner but I'm honestly not sure why. With Jay Graham involved as the lead recruiter, we should know by now that anything can happen. Jimbo Fisher, Darrell Dickey and the Aggie running backs coach had to have loved the idea of adding another bigger back to the equation, one capable of being used in a variety of ways in the A&M backfield. Jackson is a true bruiser at 5-11 and nearly 220 pounds, a between-the-tackles hammer and definitely the type of dude I'd call an SEC West runner. He reminds me on film of some of the bigger backs we've seen the Ags face when playing teams like Mississippi State and, at times, Auburn (think Kam Pettway). Speaking of Auburn, Jackson was once committed to War Eagle before opening things up during his breakout junior season. He also held offers from the likes of Bama, Florida, Michigan State, Nebraska, Louisville, UCF and Ohio State.

Though I'd definitely say running with power and a low center of gravity and rarely letting one tackler take him to the turf are two of the future Aggie tailback's two biggest strengths, Deondre also runs with outstanding vision and has terrific feet. He's patient, lets his blocking develop and then shows nice burst through traffic. We're talking about a young man who is just a shade under 220 pounds and ran for almost 400 yards in two games as a junior in high-level Peach State football before seeing his season cut short due to injury. Don't be surprised to see the Aggie commit's stock soar with a big start to his senior season.

3. With Raikes and Jackson in the fold, the Ags' 2020 commitment total has climbed to 11. There's some tangible momentum now for Jimbo Fisher and Co. as the Ags have claimed pledges from Raikes, TE Blake Smith‍ and WRs Muhsin Muhammad III‍ and Troy Omeire‍ in the past three weeks. Go back and check out the competition for those verbals and you'll see that Fisher and the Ags have had to outlast some pretty stout competition for the last four additions. It only gets tougher from here, but there are several dominoes that could fall A&M's way before Independence Day. The list of 'possibles' includes a couple of corners in weekend visitor and current Oklahoma pledge Dontae Manning‍ and Aldine MacArthur standout Josh Eaton‍, Longview QB Haynes King‍ (he's likely picking A&M or Tennessee by month's end), Memphis four-star tackle Chris Morris‍ and Fort Bend Bush LB Kenneth Phillips‍. I also wouldn't rule out a surprise firework or two along the way to the Fourth of July.

4. The Howeller and Brauny did yeoman's work covering the A&M camps the past two weeks. The two pretty much covered everything so I'll just list three 'big picture' takeaways:

• Quarterbacks galore. The Aggies played host to the two top QBs on their in-state board from the '21 class (Eli Stowers‍ and Jalen Milroe‍...either could be an A&M commit by the start of the 2019 season), extended several '22 offers and even played host to a few 2023 eye-catchers. Perhaps nothing is more important to Fisher than being able to see quarterback prospects up close and in-person before offering. He wants to get a good feel for the prospect in all phases. Fisher has to be feeling pretty good with how many of the Ags' future QB targets he got to evaluate over the past two weeks.
  • The 2021 o-line class could be legendary. The Ags played host to no fewer than a half dozen 'takes' from the Houston area alone, including the 'Four Horsemen' - Katy Taylor's Bryce Foster‍ and Hayden Conner‍, Episcopal's Donovan Jackson‍ and towering Richmond Foster tackle Reuben Fatheree‍. The Ags also discovered Trey Zuhn‍, a can't-miss prospect out of Colorado who is adding offers by the day and whose parents just so happen to be Aggies. My unsolicited advice to the decision-makers at Bright? Load up this year if you can and load up next year no matter what.
  • Friday's camp was absolutely loaded with top-tier talent, most of it from the '21 and '22 classes. The majority of the action centered around an elite group of offensive and defensive linemen on hand. Top to bottom, the 2021 Texas crop should be as good as I've covered in a while, and the Ags are making tremendous inroads nationally with top-shelf juniors-to-be. I am also happy to report that it appears the state will feature a lot more SEC-caliber talent at linebacker over the next two cycles as well.

Jalon Jones‍ was considered THE prize in the class dating back to last summer, and he'll stand out as one of the crown jewels of A&M's haul.

5. I mentioned OU commit Dontae Manning‍ and Houston-area cover man Josh Eaton‍ as guys who could very well find their way into A&M's 2020 class. Things are currently very interesting for Mike Elko and Mo Linguist at cornerback, where the Ags could fill up in the blink of an eye.

Jalon Jones‍ was considered THE prize in the class dating back to last summer, and he'll stand out as one of the crown jewels of A&M's haul. If you take a hard look at the Ags' situation at the position, it's pretty clear that signing three corners is an absolute must this cycle. A&M didn't sign a CB in 2018 and took two last year. Erick Young‍ could be an absolute star at the position, or he could grow into a nickel or even safety (there's no way of telling at this early stage of his development), and Elijah Blades‍ is a two-year JUCO. That means the Ags will lose one senior after this season and three after the 2020 campaign. By the fall of 2021, you're looking a situation where Elko is going to need some experience on the roster. That experience will come from Young and whoever the Ags sign this December and February. My advice? Take three high schoolers and put serious consideration into inking another JUCO.

The Ags are sitting at one cornerback commit right now, but that number could very quickly jump to three with several possibilities. Aldine MacArthur four-star Josh Eaton‍ is coming off of a tremendous visit to College Station and by all accounts seems to be leaning hard in the Ags' direction. The same might soon be said for OU commit Dontae Manning‍, as we've heard the Missouri blazer's official visit this weekend was a 'game-changer.' Former Penn State commit and DC native Joshuah Moten‍ and big California JUCO cover man Alton Julien‍ also wrapped up their A&M officials this weekend. Moten's visit went so well per my sources that I'm comfortable calling the Ags the team to beat at this point. Throw in Richmond (VA) corner Joseph Johnson‍ (who plans to announce in early July) and it's easy to see where the Ags could conceivably have things sewn up at the position in 2-3 weeks.

Decisions, decisions.

6. Even with Jackson's Sunday commitment, questions abound at both linebacker and running back. I'm personally not very concerned with things in the backfield because Jay Graham has already proven at A&M and showed for years at Florida State that he'll figure out a way to sign a couple of quality ball-carriers. He's also still far from out of the picture with some of the high-four and five-stars the Ags have been recruiting from the outset. Don't let the widespread message board panic fool you into thinking otherwise, either. This is the same guy who found Jashaun Corbin and pulled him from FSU and who flipped Isaiah Spiller‍ from OU and Vernon Jackson from Bama. Remember that. Landing a 220-pound load like Deondre Jackson‍ was a nice start, and I'm expecting to see Graham look to add some lightning to the thunder as he continues to pursue all of the most high-profile names on the A&M radar, both committed and uncommitted. Graham is hoping to have one of those targets – Folsom (CA) blue-chip and national top-100 tailback Daniyel Ngata‍ – in town on an official visit capacity this weekend.

TexAgs

Adding a commitment from Kenneth Phillips would go a long way towards securing the Aggies’ future at linebacker.

Linebacker is more of a concern, in my opinion. The Ags could take their first step if they close out recent offer Kenneth Phillips‍. The Fort Bend Bush product wowed at camp last week and is considered a screaming take by Mike Elko and Bradley Dale Peveto. Beyond that, there are a lot of names out there, but it's tough to find the guys who are leaning A&M's way at this point in time. Jackson Bratton‍ (Alabama) and Antonio Doyle Jr.‍ (Missouri) are currently committed elsewhere, and Utah's Noah Sewell‍ (Oregon) and California standout Kourt Williams II‍ (Ohio State) have recently left other power-players feeling increasingly confident about landing the four-star LBs. Keep an eye on Kourt Williams, who is likely to decide by summer's end. If the Ags can somehow win out, the outlook at a position where Elko and Peveto would probably like to sign three would change dramatically. I also think the Aggies need to ride things out with Antonio Doyle and not disengage. Make Mizzou earn that particular signature.

7. On the flip side, parts are starting to move on the offensive line as first-year assistant Josh Henson gets comfortable in the Maroon & White and continues to build relationships with members of the '20 and '21 classes. As far as the current class is concerned, the Ags took a bit of a hit on Sunday when two-time visitor Michael Carmody‍ chose to follow his older brother to Notre Dame. Carmody, who the Aggies probably finished a frustrating second for ahead of both Ohio State and Michigan, announced for the Irish on Sunday following a furious, come-from-behind (it's true) push by Brian Kelly's staff.

Ready for the good news? A&M is sitting in very good shape with Memphis four-star Chris Morris‍, who is expected to visit this coming weekend. The Ags are in the thick of it with Mississippi interior OL Xavier Hill‍ and haven't stop battling to win back one-time pledge Akinola Ogunbiyi‍ from Georgia. Throw in Athens' Garrett Hayes‍ (A&M, Arkansas and OU still seem like the three primary contenders here) and the fact that the Ags are making some clear headway with state top-20 talent Chad Lindberg‍ (he'll officially visit next weekend) and you can see a pretty salty five-man class ultimately coming together. Landing either Hill (you're fighting Bama, Tennessee and LSU) or Lindberg (the Ags are attempting to come from way back) would be huge, but give me Morris, Ogunbiyi and Hayes (I think the two in-state targets are the key here) and I'd call that a VERY stout haul certain to bolstered by an even more impressive '21 group.

8. It's tougher to keep track of, and I realize a lot of you are still conditioned to focus so intently on what's happening in state and consider most of A&M's out-of-state offers nothing more than pie-in-the-sky fliers or fallbacks, but I'd suggest changing the way you follow this stuff. Why? Because the Ags are recruiting nationally more than at any point since I've been covering Texas A&M recruiting (we're entering something like year 23 if you can believe that). Sunday's two out-of-state verbals leaves the scorecard since Fisher's arrival looking like this: 

• Texas: 27
  • Florida: 4
  • Alabama: 3
  • Georgia: 3
  • New Jersey: 2
  • Pennsylvania: 1
  • California: 1
  • North Carolina: 1
  • Virginia: 1
  • Tennessee: 1
  • Louisiana: 1

TexAgs

2020 OG Chris Morris is one of many out of state targets still on the table for the Aggies.

I'm not including JC or transfer additions and only counting the 2018 prospects who committed or flipped to A&M after Jimbo's December 2017 arrival. As of today, the Ags have a realistic shot at targets from Tennessee (Chris Morris‍ and Dallas Walker‍), California (Kourt Williams II‍ and Daniyel Ngata‍), Missouri (Dontae Manning‍ and Mizzou commit Antonio Doyle Jr.‍), Illinois (Tennessee commit Antonio Johnson‍), Washington (Sam Adams‍), Mississippi (Xavier Hill‍), Washington DC (Joshuah Moten‍), Alabama (Kristian Story‍), Utah (Noah Sewell‍), New Jersey (Jordan Morant‍ ) and Kentucky (Vito Tisdale‍)...and that's just to name a few. Coast-to-coast is and will continue to be the name of the game under Jimbo Fisher with the Ags still very much focused on the Lone Star State above all else.

9. I'm not a 'stars don't matter' or pay no attention to the rankings guy, but I do subscribe to the age-old coaching adage that it's not the players you don't sign that hurt you, it's the ones you do sign and miss on that play a more significant role in ultimately derailing a program's forward progress. I know Jimbo Fisher sees things this way (and so does Mike Elko), which is why you see the Aggies trusting their own eyes when it comes evaluations and not going with the herd mentality. It doesn't mean that the Aggie coaches didn't think guys like Georgia pledge Jalen Kimber‍ or LSU commits Josh White‍ and Alec Bryant‍ were good enough to wear the Maroon & White, but the fact of the matter is that the Ags either didn't push for a commitment from or even offer some of the 'four-star' players in state that could have given them an early rankings boost and recruiting momentum. Kimber and White would have almost certainly been Aggies, and A&M would have been positioned nicely for guys like Darius Snow‍, OU commit Nathan Anderson‍ and Dallas Carter DT Branard Wright‍ had they pushed or offered. Instead, you've seen Fisher and Co. look in a different direction at corner (moving on several OOS cover men outside of longtime pledge Jaylon Jones‍‍ and OU commit Ryan Watts‍) and linebacker (where the undersized tackler of choice turned out to be Fort Bend Bush's Kenneth Phillips‍)‍. Up front, there are plenty of in-state blockers the Ags will pursue, but they weren't quite ready to pull the trigger on Anderson at the time he was ready to commit.

As I've said before, time will always tell when it comes to figuring out who got it right and who got it wrong in recruiting, but it's clear that Jimbo and his staff are perfectly comfortable trusting their own evaluations. I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt and then some over the past decade (and nearly two decades if you're counting his time as a recruiting ace at Auburn and LSU).

And no, I'm not saying "don't worry about the rankings" or setting the table for that either, because the Ags are once again knocking on the door of the top-10 and should be there in the next two weeks...and that's with many of their most coveted and highly-ranked targets still very much in play.

Finally, but only because everyone is asking me, I'll give you a very quick thought on Governor Greg Abbott commenting about his desire to bring back the A&M-Texas game.

How 'bout no?

10. And finally, but only because everyone is asking me, I'll give you a very quick thought on Governor Greg Abbott commenting about his desire to bring back the A&M-Texas game.

How 'bout no?

But seriously...

So our Longhorn governor, who is unabashedly Burnt Orange in the same way our own Rick Perry didn't hide his love for all things Maroon & White wants to be 'the man who restored the rivalry'? You don't say??? Nothing about this should come as any sort of surprise. Word around the Capital is that Governor Abbott has all but assured Tom Herman that he'll find a way to make the game happen, which should also come as no surprise whatsoever because both men understand exactly how badly the Longhorns need that home game every other season in Austin. What the Texas side won't say out loud is that while they are stacking their future schedules with (go figure) high-profile SEC opponents, the OU game being played at the Cotton Bowl every year means that the Horns are currently guaranteed only one marquee game at DKR every other season, which is a serious problem for the Horns. What better way to set things up than to stagger A&M in Austin with a spotlight non-conference game against the likes of LSU, Bama, Ohio State or Michigan?

The Horns are desperate to bring this thing back, and they'll do everything within in their power to make it happen. Hopefully the governor of our fine state gauges the interest on the A&M side and with the true power-brokers and decision-makers in Aggieland (you know, the side that wanted to continue the game when they left for the SEC before the decision-makers at Texas scrapped the rivalry and took their ball and went home). I will say this, I think Governor Abbott has the right idea in the fact that he appears favorable towards the idea of a 'one off' home-and-home between the two sides. Even so, I still think we're at least four or five years away from even that taking place on the field. I don't love the idea, but I wouldn't say I hate it happening once both Herman and Jimbo Fisher have their respective programs rolling and have time to set their schedules accordingly.

Until then, the two sides will have to continue to duke it out on the recruiting and Twitter battlefields.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

7. On the flip side, parts are starting to move on the offensive line as first-year assistant Josh Henson gets comfortable in the Maroon & White and continues to build relationships with members of the '20 and '21 classes. As far as the current class is concerned, the Ags took a bit of a hit on Sunday when two-time visitor Michael Carmody‍ chose to follow his older brother to Notre Dame. Carmody, who the Aggies probably finished a frustrating second for ahead of both Ohio State and Michigan, announced for the Irish on Sunday following a furious, come-from-behind (it's true) push by Brian Kelly's staff.

Pierogi is so full of shit 

12 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Michael Carmody‍ chose to follow his older brother to Notre Dame. Carmody, who the Aggies probably finished a frustrating second for ahead of both Ohio State and Michigan,

Wow. Moral victories in recruiting.

A&M just won head-to-heads with Ohio State and Michigan for a player who didn't even choose A&M. That's really something!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Man them Ags keep raiding the state of New Jersey. Whoop!

And even when you know it’s coming it’s still striking how much these mouth breathers talk about their conference. Jackson is a Sec West tailback. Fatty Nj DL is the kinda guy you want in the Sec trenches. Blah blah blah  

24 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

I know Jimbo Fisher sees things this way (and so does Mike Elko), which is why you see the Aggies trusting their own eyes when it comes evaluations and not going with the herd mentality. It doesn't mean that the Aggie coaches didn't think guys like Georgia pledge Jalen Kimber‍ or LSU commits Josh White‍ and Alec Bryant‍ were good enough to wear the Maroon & White, but the fact of the matter is that the Ags either didn't push for a commitment from or even offer some of the 'four-star' players in state that could have given them an early rankings boost and recruiting momentum.

Paragraph 9 is one of the goofiest things I've ever read from this goofball and includes the above.

Yea, Jimbo isn't worried about the ratings services. That's exactly why he promised a top 2 rated class last year. He doesn't care at all.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Wow. Moral victories in recruiting.

A&M just won head-to-heads with Ohio State and Michigan for a player who didn't even choose A&M. That's really something!

They're elite in their recruiting misses and big game losses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Has the Liucci 44 for 2020 been discussed? SIAP

1. Demond Demas

2. Zach Evans

3. Drew Sanders

4. Seth McGowan

5. Ja'Quinden Jackson

6. Jase McClellan

7. Alfred Collins

8. Jaylon Jones

9. Troy Omeire

10. Chad Lindberg

11. Garrett Hayes

12. Princely Umanmielen

13. Ryan Watts

14. Vernon Broughton

15. Haynes King

16. Jalen Kimber

17. Chris Thompson Jr.

18. Hudson Card

19. Kitan Crawford

20. Devon Achane

21. Darius Snow

22. Jaylen Garth

23. Lorando Johnson

24. RJ Mickens

25. Akinola Ogunbiyi

26. Josh Eaton

27. Malik Hornsby

28. Jaxon Smith-Njigba

29. Dwight McGlothern

30. Parker Washington

31. Quentin Johnston

32. DJ Graham

33. Xavion Alford

34. Tre Bradford

35. EJ Smith

36. Ty'Kieast Crawford

37. Courtland Ford

38. Devin Price

39. Nathan Anderson

40. Prince Dorbah

41. Josh Bankhead

42. Josh White

43. Christian Gonzalez

44. Damieon George

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

1. Demond Demas

2. Zach Evans

3. Drew Sanders

4. Seth McGowan

5. Ja'Quinden Jackson

6. Jase McClellan

7. Alfred Collins

8. Jaylon Jones

9. Troy Omeire

10. Chad Lindberg

11. Garrett Hayes

12. Princely Umanmielen

13. Ryan Watts

14. Vernon Broughton

15. Haynes King

16. Jalen Kimber

17. Chris Thompson Jr.

18. Hudson Card

19. Kitan Crawford

20. Devon Achane

21. Darius Snow

22. Jaylen Garth

23. Lorando Johnson

24. RJ Mickens

25. Akinola Ogunbiyi

26. Josh Eaton

27. Malik Hornsby

28. Jaxon Smith-Njigba

29. Dwight McGlothern

30. Parker Washington

31. Quentin Johnston

32. DJ Graham

33. Xavion Alford

34. Tre Bradford

35. EJ Smith

36. Ty'Kieast Crawford

37. Courtland Ford

38. Devin Price

39. Nathan Anderson

40. Prince Dorbah

41. Josh Bankhead

42. Josh White

43. Christian Gonzalez

44. Damieon George

It’s just a lazy list of all of the most known players. But if Ryan Watts is better than Broughton call me Miles Davis. 

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Demond Demas

2. Zach Evans

3. Drew Sanders

4. Seth McGowan

5. Ja'Quinden Jackson

6. Jase McClellan

7. Alfred Collins

8. Jaylon Jones

9. Troy Omeire

10. Chad Lindberg

11. Garrett Hayes

12. Princely Umanmielen

13. Ryan Watts

14. Vernon Broughton

15. Haynes King

16. Jalen Kimber

17. Chris Thompson Jr.

18. Hudson Card

19. Kitan Crawford

20. Devon Achane

21. Darius Snow

22. Jaylen Garth

23. Lorando Johnson

24. RJ Mickens

25. Akinola Ogunbiyi

26. Josh Eaton

27. Malik Hornsby

28. Jaxon Smith-Njigba

29. Dwight McGlothern

30. Parker Washington

31. Quentin Johnston

32. DJ Graham

33. Xavion Alford

34. Tre Bradford

35. EJ Smith

36. Ty'Kieast Crawford

37. Courtland Ford

38. Devin Price

39. Nathan Anderson

40. Prince Dorbah

41. Josh Bankhead

42. Josh White

43. Christian Gonzalez

44. Damieon George

Devin Price is #86 in the Texas Composite but #38 here.  Josh Bankhead is #80 but #41 here.  Parker Washington at #30 (247 has him at #99) is the biggest overrate and it's weird he's even here. 

1 hour ago, theaveragejon said:

There is absolutely no fucking way Looch has any idea, or knows anyone in the State Legislature, or the governors office to tell him that. 

My god. 

Eh, something wouldn't surprise me about two aggoids sharing information through ring tapping.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HenryJames said:

He’s run a FAT 20.69 200.

7 hours ago, BigDSteve said:

Achane’s PR in the 100m is 10.82  - not exactly blazing territory. Does he have a spectacular 3 cone time?  What am I missing?

So it takes him over 100 yards to get to top speed?

Edited by Vertigo

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Demond Demas

2. Zach Evans

3. Drew Sanders

4. Seth McGowan

5. Ja'Quinden Jackson

6. Jase McClellan

7. Alfred Collins

8. Jaylon Jones

9. Troy Omeire

10. Chad Lindberg

11. Garrett Hayes

12. Princely Umanmielen

13. Ryan Watts

14. Vernon Broughton

15. Haynes King

16. Jalen Kimber

17. Chris Thompson Jr.

18. Hudson Card

19. Kitan Crawford

20. Devon Achane

21. Darius Snow

22. Jaylen Garth

23. Lorando Johnson

24. RJ Mickens

25. Akinola Ogunbiyi

26. Josh Eaton

27. Malik Hornsby

28. Jaxon Smith-Njigba

29. Dwight McGlothern

30. Parker Washington

31. Quentin Johnston

32. DJ Graham

33. Xavion Alford

34. Tre Bradford

35. EJ Smith

36. Ty'Kieast Crawford

37. Courtland Ford

38. Devin Price

39. Nathan Anderson

40. Prince Dorbah

41. Josh Bankhead

42. Josh White

43. Christian Gonzalez

44. Damieon George

that's only because he couldn't type "Demas" 44 times. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So it takes him over 100 yards to get to top speed?

I’m guessing he just doesn’t run the 100m often. The 200m is probably his primary individual race, and he probably just runs relays for the rest 

4 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

The Horns are desperate to bring this thing back, and they'll do everything within in their power to make it happen. Hopefully the governor of our fine state gauges the interest on the A&M side and with the true power-brokers and decision-makers in Aggieland (you know, the side that wanted to continue the game when they left for the SEC before the decision-makers at Texas scrapped the rivalry and took their ball and went home).

Oh Looch.. 

Paging @Randolph Duke

• Like 2

3 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

There is absolutely no fucking way Looch has any idea, or knows anyone in the State Legislature, or the governors office to tell him that. 

My god. 

I checked with my sources at the Capital which are actual people that work at the capital, and the only response was laughter 

On 6/16/2019 at 7:46 PM, golfclap said:

link to the 6'3" JUCO CB that got offered today. Linguist doing work. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Alton-Julian-46042408/

From HammLite :: 

He was offered while on his official visit this past weekend. But, Colorado was in good shape going into the trip and has been recruiting him harder than anyone else. There was a Colorado Crystal Ball put in today from our CU site publisher and I think it's a good bet it will be correct.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

He was offered while on his official visit this past weekend. But, Colorado was in good shape going into the trip and has been recruiting him harder than anyone else. There was a Colorado Crystal Ball put in today from our CU site publisher and I think it's a good bet it will be correct.

Linguist is way worse than Giles or Mehringer.  Fight me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

The kid's from Palo Alto. He'll have plenty of buddies in Boulder.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 12:05 PM, Lobwedgephil said:

(you know, the side that wanted to continue the game when they left for the SEC before the decision-makers at Texas scrapped the rivalry and took their ball and went home)

Wow. Just. Wow. 

I knew every aggy believed it and espoused it as such but holy shit. aggy logic, gentlemen.