Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Until we start beating OU every year, I’ll still take the more talented defensive prospects going elsewhere, even if it’s to A&M

His take wasn’t even worth a reply. I read it and just assumed he was amped up and out of his mind after huffing whippets while watching White Snake and Def Leppard videos on a loop. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

His take wasn’t even worth a reply. I read it and just assumed he was amped up and out of his mind after huffing whippets while watching White Snake and Def Leppard videos on a loop. 

Well I now know what I am doing this evening.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Why the fuck are you spying on me on the weekends?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That regimen is a fundamental part of the reason I cannot be destroyed, you fucking ignorant twat. Young Tawny Kitaen is as wonderful as Old Tawny Kitaen is horrifying. 

• Like 2

What the actual fuck does "but all the buzz based on logistics" mean?

Haynes King impressed with Jimbo's vertical integration and supply-chain management?  Haynes King enthralled by Jimbo's newly-implemented "just-in-time" inventory management system for cornerbacks?  Jimbo's running back GANTT chart has Haynes King drooling over being able to hand the ball off to a different loaf of bread week?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Haynes King impressed with Jimbo's vertical integration and supply-chain management?  Haynes King enthralled by Jimbo's newly-implemented "just-in-time" inventory management system for cornerbacks?  Jimbo's running back GANTT chart has Haynes King drooling over being able to hand the ball off to a different loaf of bread week?

Based on context, I think it means being close to home (i.e. the logistics of his parents watching his games)

Also fuck GANTT charts, I've never seen a useful one in my life.

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

But what about all the buzz regarding his dad hating Jimbo?

I drove through Longview on the way to Bossier City one time.  That said, I can’t tell you anything about King’s dad’s inner feelings.  I can say that Bossier City is pretty terrible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Based on context, I think it means being close to home (i.e. the logistics of his parents watching his games)

Also fuck GANTT charts, I've never seen a useful one in my life.

Most management tools are fucking useless ways of obfuscating simple things and making them seem complex to pretend you actually do work and GANTT charts are no exception and may be one of the best(worst?) examples of how bad it can get.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I drove through Longview on the way to Bossier City one time.  That said, I can’t tell you anything about King’s dad’s inner feelings.  I can say that Bossier City is pretty terrible. 

My wife is from Longview.  Other than for some reason having quite a few gorgeous women that move away and Bodacious on Mobberley (sp?), it’s pretty terrible.  

3 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Jimbo white boarded his six sigma methodology and blew King (away). Things just havent been the same since Leah Knight left.

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Dont forget Ossai. And we werent really going after Wright that hard. Leal was a legit W but the only one I can think of since Madabuike.

And they really wanted Coburn and Ojomo.  Tried to get both to OV late that year and they never did.

But haven't you heard from Looch?  Bama is the real recruiting competition now and they flipped Bobby Brown!

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Jimbo white boarded his six sigma methodology and blew King (away). Things just havent been the same since Leah Knight left.

Honestly, knowing that aggy's gonna aggy, it might be that Jimbo knows all the good quotes from "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" and everyone down at the local oil change place thinks he's a real riot.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

My wife is from Longview.  Other than for some reason having quite a few gorgeous women that move away and Bodacious on Mobberley (sp?), it’s pretty terrible.  

Lobo football, Bodacious, Country Tavern (not really in Longview but close enough), Butcher Shoppe, Juicy’s, Waffle Shoppe (now closed), Johnny Cace’s (now closed), Dudley’s, Shogun’s, Fisherman’s Market, Pizza King, and proximity to the Boats in Shreveport is about Longview has to offer.

I’ll be there this weekend so I might have an update for this thread later...but since school is out I may not hear anything.

• Like 1

Lobo football, Bodacious, Country Tavern (not really in Longview but close enough), Butcher Shoppe, Juicy’s, Waffle Shoppe (now closed), Johnny Cace’s (now closed), Dudley’s, Shogun’s, Fisherman’s Market, Pizza King, and proximity to the Boats in Shreveport is about Longview has to offer.
I’ll be there this weekend so I might have an update for this thread later...but since school is out I may not hear anything.
Small sausage pizza and the house salat at pizza king kicks ass.

More Longview people here than I knew. Girlfriend in college grad from LHS in 90, I bet some of you around that age and I may be eskimo brothers.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

No Shit Jimbo.

The Silents are Devin Price and Princely Umanmielen. Those are obvious to anyone who uses brain cells. 

Agree on Price.  Have to think if it was Umanmielen that Elko would have went running to his boy Wiltfong so he could put in a pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Princely may not be a silent but he set his decision date a few days after his OV to A&M.

Is he stopping by Austin again before or after that OV to CS? I still would like to see him in this class but I won't complain as long as we get Collins and Broughton. 

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

More Domio. They're really making hard work out of coming to the realization that Linguist is a dogshit recruiter

Hide contents

Plus some extra aggy network content

Hide contents

Listen, dude is right. I don't think anyone would put forth that the Aggie Network isn't real, and that Ag's dont try to take care of their own. If you need a teach job at a school with an Ag principle, or if you're a contractor needing steady construction work then the aggie network can help out. Want to sell Caterpillar's and heavy machinery on a storeroom floor? They gotchu, fam. Shit, even if you're just a fan and wear maroon to the interview, chances are they can probably start you out with a prime position as a used car salesman, gotta buy your own dealership polos, though. 

The Aggie Network is real. There's a fuck ton of middle managers and some directors and senior VPs that will guide his flock right into solid 70-80k dollar a year jobs, long term. 

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, dude is right. I don't think anyone would put forth that the Aggie Network isn't real, and that Ag's dont try to take care of their own. If you need a teach job at a school with an Ag principle, or if you're a contractor needing steady construction work then the aggie network can help out. Want to sell Caterpillar's and heavy machinery on a storeroom floor? They gotchu, fam. Shit, even if you're just a fan and wear maroon to the interview, chances are they can probably start you out with a prime position as a used car salesman, gotta buy your own dealership polos, though. 

The Aggie Network is real. There's a fuck ton of middle managers and some directors and senior VPs that will guide his flock right into solid 70-80k dollar a year jobs, long term. 

You forgot HR personnel, insurance salesmen, and restaurant managers. If there is some sort of lower management role open, an aggie will soon be there to fill that void.