Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

2:00:30 - 2:08:00

Looch goes on about the recruiting rating bias, especially with Jake Majors over any aggy OL. 

2:08:00 - 2:11:30

Texter asks how Jimbo's dominance in recruiting compares to "Mack Brown at taaayy yeews" in the 2000's. This of course sends Billy into a propaganda rant that felt like a seig Heil was coming at the very end. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/B8dPKss1gmE/0118801-tade.mp3

Looch says they will get 

Haynes King, Vernon Broughton, Joshua Eaton, Dontae Manning, Devin Price, Shadrach Banks, maybe Chris Morris, maybe Kourt Williams

Probably finish ranked #5

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Looch says they will get 

Haynes King, Vernon Broughton, Joshua Eaton, Dontae Manning, Devin Price, Shadrach Banks, maybe Chris Morris, maybe Kourt Williams

Probably finish ranked #5

Banks is a '21.

Williams would be annoying just because we should have offered him waaaaay sooner.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Banks is a '21.

Williams would be annoying just because we should have offered him waaaaay sooner.

Williams is a heavy Ohio State lean. Chris Morris is an SEC bidding war. Broughton and King seem like coin flips. 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Banks is a '21.

Aggy was having trouble in May, I thought they spent all their money on Demas, but looks like they got another marker for this cycle. They definitely reupped if they get Manning from OU

33 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Didn't Dorbah say early on he wasn't interested in Aggy? 

Yes.

21 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

This big conference that Liucci references, is that the same conference aggy had a .520 winning percentage in?

Yes.

Isn't Liugi a brainless prat who can't tell his ass from a truck stop gloryhole?

Yes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TexasMan said:

2:00:30 - 2:08:00

Looch goes on about the recruiting rating bias, especially with Jake Majors over any aggy OL. 

2:08:00 - 2:11:30

Texter asks how Jimbo's dominance in recruiting compares to "Mack Brown at taaayy yeews" in the 2000's. This of course sends Billy into a propaganda rant that felt like a seig Heil was coming at the very end. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/B8dPKss1gmE/0118801-tade.mp3

Um, Billy, you were claiming RC and Fran were outrecruiting Mack.  Every freaking year.  

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Um, Billy, you were claiming RC and Fran were outrecruiting Mack.  Every freaking year.  

This is the beauty of his perpetual bullshit. Texas A&M has been quietly/secretly outrecruiting Texas for lo these last two decades, yet they've never had anything better than a second place division finish to show for it. And his audience takes the bait every single time. It's the college sports version of cheering for the Washington Generals. You expect them to win every game, and then when they get run over and mocked, you go home, have your memory wiped, and start over the next day, expecting the Washington Generals to win.

• Like 2

Just now, closetojumping said:

This is the beauty of his perpetual bullshit. Texas A&M has been quietly/secretly outrecruiting Texas for lo these last two decades, yet they've never had anything better than a second place division finish to show for it. And his audience takes the bait every single time. It's the college sports version of cheering for the Washington Generals. You expect them to win every game, and then when they get run over and mocked, you go home, have your memory wiped, and start over the next day, expecting the Washington Generals to win.

It’s why he doesn’t archive those lists.  Ju Parks was better than Rod Wright.  

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Nu-uh, 'cuz Jimbo, stupid sip.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Vince v Reggie

Malik v whoever that no name 3 star LB was

ahh yes. Dwaine Thomas.

That was fucking peak Hamm. 

Vince v. Reggie

Ricky v. Sirr Parker

Rod Wright v. Ju Parks

Ced Benson v. Courtney Lewis 

Malik v. Dwaine Thomas

good times. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, golfclap said:

ahh yes. Dwaine Thomas.

peak Hamm ... 

curiosity got the best of me ::

2018: Saw action in four games as a reserve linebacker … Credited with a tackle for loss in season opener at ULM … Redshirt season.

2017: Played in eight games as a reserve linebacker … Finished the season with seven tackles (two solo) … Credited with three stops in Southeastern debut at Central Arkansas … Recorded two tackles versus Sam Houston State … Also made stops in Southland victories over Incarnate Word and Houston Baptist.

Prior to Southeastern: Spent two seasons at Texas A&M ... Played in 22 games, primarily on special teams and as a reserve linebacker.

https://lionsports.net/roster.aspx?rp_id=4801

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

McRee reaction (they know he's got an aggy offer, right?)

Reveal hidden contents

That's hilarious considering this article a month ago

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Texas A&M has been very conservative in its tight end offers with the past couple classes and the ones going forward. That means that the Aggies were big fans of Lake Travis class of 2021 tight end Lake McRee, who picked up an A&M offer this spring.

Om Wednesday, the 6-foot-5, 217-pound rising junior made his way to College Station for camp. Though he already held an offer, he wanted to compete.

"I've never been out here to the campus, so that was my main thing," he said on Wednesday after the camp was over. "I wanted to come out here and see the campus. And, I think the coaches are pretty high about me, so it was good to come meet them all, be around all the guys and just have a good time."

McRee was one of the top performers on the day and he enjoyed himself as well.

"I think it went really well. I learned a lot from coach Finley," he said. "It was great being around the coaching staff, great being in this environment, great to see all the facilities and stuff and I love it here."

McRee got a bit of a tour after the camp was over but, prior to that, he looked around on his own a bit.

"I drove around a little bit before I came in here and registered," he said. "It was really nice and a really pretty campus. I'm supposed to see more of it here in a bit when I go talk to the coaches."

McRee had a couple other very good class of 2021 tight ends in his group in Ben Postma and Colby Powers. He says it helped motivate him.

"It's always good to have competition to push myself to a higher level," McRee said. "I have to continue to up my game, so competition always makes me better."

Next up for the Austin-area standout is a trip to the West Coast.

"In the next two weeks, I'm going to be flying out to USC to go to a camp," he said. "That's the only other thing I have right now."

10COMMENTS

Though McRee holds offers from all over the country, he says it is still too early in the process to have a top list.

"I haven't really thought about who stands out more to me," he said. "I'm just kind of listening to them all. It makes me want to work harder and get better every day."

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Terry Silver said:

This big conference that Liucci references, is that the same conference aggy had a .520 winning percentage in?

Hey man, that's pre-patch. Sew that bad boy on and you're a whole new deal.

61mYTLLYoEL._SX425_.jpg

They've immediately become part of the storied history of that glorious conference.

DrStrangelove1.jpg

SEC Patch, eh?

Sure wish we had one of those.

19 hours ago, texifornia said:

Is the reason every says Jimbo is a douche because he's a douche or is it the BOMC?

Hide contents

I think Finebaum trolls all the aggy journalist when he has them come on. He already knows the responses he's gonna get. He had Brent Z on when Aaron Moorehead went on a twitter rant aimed at a recruit, and Brent praised Moorehead for being a hard nosed coach. Looch does the same thing every time he goes on. Wish I could find the interview Looch did with Finebaum during the "Johnny hits rock bottom saga" in 2016. He was tearing up when Finebaum was trashing Johnny. 

Edited by texaslong

25:00 - 43:30

Gabe and Olin bring on that Clemson radio guy Quawk that shit talked Olin's article to have "civil discourse" about it, yet any time they ask him a question, Olin shouts over him. Some highlights are:

- "You gonna tell me 'I suck' when I'm in the Clemson press box in September?" 

- A real point of contention is the reason why FSU went 7-6 in 2017

- "I was bummed when Jimbo left to A&M, because... *he goes on a long great rant about Jimbo's transgressions*" 

- Quawk insinuates heavily that Jimbo will leave them and they balk at that

- Olin tries to make a point by comparing DeAndre Francios to Trevor Lawrence

1:02:00 - 1:09:15

They have a post mortem where they spin that they won the argument. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/lx2OPd7H0io/0118807-aoxk.mp3

25 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Gabe and Olin bring on that Clemson radio guy Quawk that shit talked Olin's article to have "civil discourse" about it, yet any time they ask him a question, Olin shouts over him. Some highlights are:

- "I was bummed when Jimbo left to A&M, because... *he goes on a long great rant about Jimbo's transgressions*" 

Olin tries to come along as a tough guy.. holy crap..Olin is so sensitive.  And the talk of Jimbo winning a title at aggy is hilarious.. I will really enjoy the Jimbo aggy era.

Edited by Thiefery

5 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

(First off, go follow Olin on twitter, he is right wing pizzagate crazy.)

Olin: Are you going to come and tell me how much I suck when you're in the press box?

Quawk: No, no, look, I was saying nothing with respect to your work.

Olin: No, I think you did. I think you did. 

Quawk: I apologize for that. I do. 

Olin: Alright, but but, Let's get past that. One of the things you took particulalry exception with, was the questions that I raised about, uh, why was Florida State officials bringing up these issues, these negative issues about Jimbo Fisher, but only after Jimbo was gone. The president, as I pointed out, the president John Thrasher, when A&M, when the story first broke, when A&M was purusing Jimbo Fisher. You know, here is an abbreviated quote that appeared in the Florida Times Union, saying "Jimbo Fisher is here forever, he's as good as gold". Now you felt like, um, now go ahead and tell me why you felt like raising those questions was laughable?

Quawk: Well I mean, I think it's okay to raise them , I don't think it's true to the facts. I mean you look at what happend at Florida State. They have a new Athletic Direction they had transition there,  they were a cash strapped insitution that was on the hook for a ton of money to a coach that won a nationanl chapminship just a few years ago and despite the fact that the program was sinking faster than the titanic after it hit the iceberg. 

Olin: Wait wait wait, sinking faster than the Titanic? They won 10 games. After they won the national championship, they then went to the playoff, the next year,  the year after that, they won 10 games. the next year after that, they won 10 games, in fact they were one of only 12 teams in the country that had won back to back 10 win seasons in 15 and 16, and then in 17,  yes, they slipped, but they also lost their starting QB in the first game of the year and in that year when they had to go with a true freshman QB who clearly was not ready to play, Like A&M that same year with Kellen Mond, uh, They lost 3 games by 6 points or less. and you can make the argument that they would might of won those gamess if they had DeAndre Francois. So you were saying they were fading fast, and yet they won like 26 games in a 3 year period, which is about 9 games a year, and they did that with an injured starting quarterback one year. 

Gabe: Yeah, so Quawk, why don't you lay that out a little bit, you said it was a trash heap and why 

Olin: Because they were winning

Quawk: Well, They were winning to a point and the point was...

Olin: until Jimbo Fisher left and DeAndre Francois got hurt. 

Quawk: No no, the  7-6 the year before he went to you guys

Olin: WHEN THE QUARTERBACK GOT HURT THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON! (yes he raised his voice)

Quawk: James Blackurn was fine. He's a fine QB. No, no no, hang on a second. DeAndre Francoise got hurt because the offensive live was a shambly mess.  They had bad players on the offensive line too, that was the problem. Jimbo quit recruiting the offensive line. In 2013, when they won the national championship, they totally overhauled their staff. The next 3 years, they had players from the previous staff. They had guys, all of, I saw that 2013 team beat Clemson by 5 scores. At death valley 6 years ago in 2013  that team had a NFL player at every position. It was clear the staff he brought in to coach up the players that were previously recruited and they were swinging and missing on recruits.   You mentioned in your article that there were transfers. 7 transfers in 5 years for a guy who's supposibly a QB whisperer. That's a terrible track record. That's horrible. 

Olin:  You got to understand that here, that's not that big of a deal. We lost 2 QBs in one week. 

Quawk: Well if you've been in the Kevin Sumlin era. That's kind of my point there. He's swinging and missing a lot on the QB. They rescheduled a cupcake to get to 6 wins. 

Olin: Right, absolutely, with an injured QB, By the way they did get better the season went on. 

(blah blah blah)

both of these people are insane. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

(First off, go follow Olin on twitter, he is right wing pizzagate crazy.)

Olin: Are you going to come and tell me how much I suck when you're in the press box?

Quawk: No, no, look, I was saying nothing with respect to your work.

Olin: No, I think you did. I think you did. 

Quawk: I apologize for that. I do. 

Olin: Alright, but but, Let's get past that. One of the things you took particulalry exception with, was the questions that I raised about, uh, why was Florida State officials bringing up these issues, these negative issues about Jimbo Fisher, but only after Jimbo was gone. The president, as I pointed out, the president John Thrasher, when A&M, when the story first broke, when A&M was purusing Jimbo Fisher. You know, here is an abbreviated quote that appeared in the Florida Times Union, saying "Jimbo Fisher is here forever, he's as good as gold". Now you felt like, um, now go ahead and tell me why you felt like raising those questions was laughable?

Quawk: Well I mean, I think it's okay to raise them , I don't think it's true to the facts. I mean you look at what happend at Florida State. They have a new Athletic Direction they had transition there,  they were a cash strapped insitution that was on the hook for a ton of money to a coach that won a nationanl chapminship just a few years ago and despite the fact that the program was sinking faster than the titanic after it hit the iceberg. 

Olin: Wait wait wait, sinking faster than the Titanic? They won 10 games. After they won the national championship, they then went to the playoff, the next year,  the year after that, they won 10 games. the next year after that, they won 10 games, in fact they were one of only 12 teams in the country that had won back to back 10 win seasons in 15 and 16, and then in 17,  yes, they slipped, but they also lost their starting QB in the first game of the year and in that year when they had to go with a true freshman QB who clearly was not ready to play, Like A&M that same year with Kellen Mond, uh, They lost 3 games by 6 points or less. and you can make the argument that they would might of won those gamess if they had DeAndre Francois. So you were saying they were fading fast, and yet they won like 26 games in a 3 year period, which is about 9 games a year, and they did that with an injured starting quarterback one year. 

Gabe: Yeah, so Quawk, why don't you lay that out a little bit, you said it was a trash heap and why 

Olin: Because they were winning

Quawk: Well, They were winning to a point and the point was...

Olin: until Jimbo Fisher left and DeAndre Francois got hurt. 

Quawk: No no, the  7-6 the year before he went to you guys

Olin: WHEN THE QUARTERBACK GOT HURT THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON! (yes he raised his voice)

Quawk: James Blackurn was fine. He's a fine QB. No, no no, hang on a second. DeAndre Francoise got hurt because the offensive live was a shambly mess.  They had bad players on the offensive line too, that was the problem. Jimbo quit recruiting the offensive line. In 2013, when they won the national championship, they totally overhauled their staff. The next 3 years, they had players from the previous staff. They had guys, all of, I saw that 2013 team beat Clemson by 5 scores. At death valley 6 years ago in 2013  that team had a NFL player at every position. It was clear the staff he brought in to coach up the players that were previously recruited and they were swinging and missing on recruits.   You mentioned in your article that there were transfers. 7 transfers in 5 years for a guy who's supposibly a QB whisperer. That's a terrible track record. That's horrible. 

Olin:  You got to understand that here, that's not that big of a deal. We lost 2 QBs in one week. 

Quawk: Well if you've been in the Kevin Sumlin era. That's kind of my point there. He's swinging and missing a lot on the QB. They rescheduled a cupcake to get to 6 wins. 

Olin: Right, absolutely, with an injured QB, By the way they did get better the season went on. 

(blah blah blah)

both of these people are insane. 

Quawk guy sounds whiney as hell and Olin can't stand the thought that Jimbo is not the best most greatest super-coach in the whole wide world.  Typical delusional, ignorance is bliss aggy.

Edited by Ghost of Stevie Ray