Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

To save time, we should probably just link to this:

or this:

http://aggypedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Nobody will believe it anyway. Apparently not even bizzle. ;)

I am SO pissed at myself. 

In vancouver airport a few months ago and a goober wearing a ATM hat was munching on a crappy sandwich bought at airport and he just looked BEATEN down. I thought then I need to act like like I am doing a selfie and show it here and proclaim I had doxxed bizzle. 

I am worthless. 

Literally no one knows shit
D_PdZu1UwAYmkMt.jpg

Wait, sorry to bring up actual recruiting, but is there any good info that Broughton is not attending the aggy bbq thing? There's a feedback loop of optimism based on basically nothing on the Texas 2020 thread, but that would actually be a substantive clue that he will not be committing to aggy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's all secret aggy code! Or maybe just premature Hammaculation.

Also Karen getting angry at Hamm, which is just delicious.

Hide contents

how is Hamm still calling high school kids at this point. He is literally unemployed by any service and he doesnt even have his facebook group anymore. Just wow.

29 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

how is Hamm still calling high school kids at this point. He is literally unemployed by any service and he doesnt even have his facebook group anymore. Just wow.

Once you come back to the simple fact that Hamm is a proven and consistent liar, while also a hapless narcissist, this is pretty easy to understand. 

Hamm maintains a relationship with some of the folks attempting to hang around Broughton’s recruitment. They talked and relayed that VB is apparently announcing on his birthday. So, Hamm then did what he always does and sprinted out as fast as he could into the social media sphere to pronounce something in a desperate attempt to stay relevant. 

If stumblefuck had actually spoken to the player, the level of inference he’d be offering to his sad set of followers would be obvious, whether in favor of ATM or not. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He is friends with FWK, I can see him going there after work to hang out. He likely only gets his kids every other weekend.

Once you come back to the simple fact that Hamm is a proven and consistent liar, while also a hapless narcissist, this is pretty easy to understand. 
Hamm maintains a relationship with some of the folks attempting to hang around Broughton’s recruitment. They talked and relayed that VB is apparently announcing on his birthday. So, Hamm then did what he always does and sprinted out as fast as he could into the social media sphere to pronounce something in a desperate attempt to stay relevant. 
If stumblefuck had actually spoken to the player, the level of inference he’d be offering to his sad set of followers would be obvious, whether in favor of ATM or not. 

He’s right, ya know.

9 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Wait, sorry to bring up actual recruiting, but is there any good info that Broughton is not attending the aggy bbq thing? There's a feedback loop of optimism based on basically nothing on the Texas 2020 thread, but that would actually be a substantive clue that he will not be committing to aggy.

I doubt he'll give away his intentions by saying he's not going to the BBQ thing. If he commits to Texas, he won't go. If he commits to A&M, he'll probably go. 

Recruiting Vernon Broughton -- through a mother's eye

ByDAMON SAYLES 46 minutes ago
The correspondence never ceases. Multiple cellphone text messages and direct messages via social media come through in bunches from college coaches. It's the neverending lifestyle of a busy recruiting process.

And that doesn't even touch what the actual recruit goes through.

When a recruiting process becomes high-profile, few fans who follow the wanted high school target realize that the best college recruiters make the entire family -- and not just the player -- a priority. And the elite college recruiters know that the mother oftentimes has the last word, so recruiting her is equally vital.

That said, Houston four-star defensive lineman Vernon Broughton's upcoming commitment is one to watch. He is ranked a national top-100 player and a national top-10 defensive tackle in the 2020 class for a reason.

But every word and every action by Yolanda Wells-Broughton is key. The mother of the 6-foot-5, 286-pound Cy Ridge High School standout has been integral in his process as he inches closer to publicly announcing his verbal commitment.

Entering the weekend, Broughton has a top five, in alphabetical order, of Arkansas, LSU, Ohio State, Texas and Texas A&M. Broughton hears from multiple coaches -- in and out of his top five -- on a daily basis, but he handles everything with maturity. It's almost to where his mother never has to worry.

"It's really been a humbling experience, particularly if you knew his back story and where he comes from," his mother said. "You hear kids always saying how this has been a lifetime dream. Vernon didn't quite have that story. It's only been two years of Vernon playing football, so for him to have this opportunity, I'm just ecstatic for him."

Broughton will eventually commit, potentially early next week, but all the coaches in his top five have done a solid job in recruiting Wells-Broughton, as well. And that's important because she's a former college basketball coach who knows all of the tricks of the trade with recruiting.

Wells is a former head women's coach at Texas Southern. She also has been an assistant coach at LSU and TCU, among other places. Wells-Broughton played basketball at Grambling and helped the program earn its first-ever trip to the NCAA Tournament in 1994.

If football coaches don't know her coaching and recruiting background, it could be detrimental in recruiting her son. It's tough for some to sell to a former salesman.

Fortunately for Broughton's top-five programs, those coaches have been on top of their games in recruiting both him and his mother. Currently, it's the middle of the NCAA dead period, and Wells-Broughton said communication between her and coaches has slowed down significantly. Add in the fact that her son has been focused on finishing summer-school courses, and the conversations among coaches have been at a minimum.

But when the open period returns, a routine day of communication for Broughton can get somewhat strenuous -- and just as hectic for his mother.

"A typical day is him telling me, 'Hey, mom, you got a minute? Can you talk to this coach?'" she said. "He's one of those kids who watched me work as a former collegiate coach. He's juggling it and tries to answer every call, but he doesn't have the time to always get into detail."

That's when Mom comes in. And because of what's she already knows, a football coach has no choice but to come correct.

"Football coaches are pretty demanding, but at the same time, I think they know I won't be interested in a lot of hype. I want them to get to the substance of everything," she said. "How soon can Vernon graduate? When does he need to apply for school? What about application fees? That's our focus.

"This is not a three-, four- or five-year decision; this is a 40- or 50-year decision. This is bigger than football, and when I talk to coaches, I don't want to hear the glitz and glamour. I'm not interested in pool parties or things of that nature. At end of day, you want him to maximize the opportunity. You've got to get more out of school than what the school is offering you."

Wells-Broughton has something specific she likes about each school in her son's top five. Ohio State has a respected hospital specializing in orthopedics on campus. Arkansas has a staff with a lot of veteran coaches and a head coach in Chad Morris who, like Wells-Broughton, climbed the ladder and gradually moved up. She likes his foundation for building.

LSU is Wells-Broughton's old stomping grounds, and she is a big fan of the strong support group there. Texas is a school that has done a good job in recruiting the entire family, and she feels the staff can maximize her son's potential.

When discussing Texas A&M, Wells-Broughton spoke about how the staff took an interest in Broughton very early. She also knows that Jimbo Fisher is someone who knows how to turn programs around.

My❤️

"They are one of the first teams that said this kid has a career in football," Wells-Broughton said of the Aggies. "He was playing AAU [basketball], we weren't even thinking about football, but Coach Robinson kept saying how he has a career in football. They would come to the school to watch him play basketball. Vernon would say, 'Mom, this is getting serious.'"

Wells-Broughton added: "I know that having an Aggie Ring opens doors for people. I'm looking at graduation and what you're going to do after sports. How can we market you with an entrepreneurial and business aspect? There's no doubt in my mind, A&M can help him with that."

A decision could come as early as next week for Broughton. Nothing, she said, will happen until his she returns to Texas. She is currently in Chicago and is expected to be back later this weekend.

The winning school will get a playmaker with a high ceiling.

With a decision coming, the process will see its slowdown not only for him but also for his mother. It's a process she said she'll never forget.

"I just pray that Vernon will make the right decision," she said. "I know he has to make the decision, but Mom will have to approvespan widget

Edited by Longhornfrenzy

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Cliffs?

No one knows shit, every school has done a great job recruiting him. Standout quotes from mom are:

Jimbo knows how to turn a program around (I'll assume she meant positively, but I mean, technically its a true statement)

For Texas sunshine: She believes the Texas staff will maximize his talent. 

Mom is the decision maker, it looks like. 

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

10:51a

Staff

- There's been a lot of speculation regarding the upcoming decision of CyRidge DL Vernon Broughton in the last couple of days, specifically after news began to trickle out about an upcoming commitment video he hinted at via various social media platforms. There's no question that on the heels of his official visit and into the workouts at The Opening in Frisco that A&M felt like the leader. He told me twice during those days in the Metroplex that he'd be in Aggieland for the end of the summer recruiting event which furthered those sentiments of a Maroon and White lead. 

After speaking to a multitude of sources over the last 2-3 days though, I've started to feel like this thing end up going a few different ways. Broughton's plan the entire time was to go home and take inventory of the entire situation and discuss things with his inner circle. I do know that communication with A&M had gotten sparse there for a bit, as well. As of this morning, this is still a tight race, but based on what we are hearing, I think Texas has made up whatever ground they had lost, and it absolutely would come as no surprise if the Longhorns were the pick next week. Stay tuned though as this one could still have a swing or two in momentum over the last few days. 

- In our recruiting chat yesterday, some one asked us to put a percentage on A&M's chances with Orem (UT) LB Noah Sewell. Putting a number to that is always a bit difficult, but I landed at 40%. After speaking to a source on the matter yesterday, I may go just a touch higher than that although I'm not ready to flat out call this a coin flip with Oregon. A&M does have some familiar ties with the Sewell family via Bradley Dale Peveto's coaching tree as well as former Aggie LB Misi Tupe. Ideally, A&M gets Sewell and his folks back on a plane to College Station this fall. 

- Staying at LB, don't close the book on Cameron Riley. Chatter in recent days would indicate that A&M remains a legitimate threat. The Alabama native committed to Auburn in June after taking an OV to A&M in late May. 

- A&M continues to recruit Shadow Creek safety Xavion Alford, but it still feels like that one is heading to Tuscaloosa. Alford still speaks highly of the Aggie program and staff under Jimbo Fisher, and I think he very much respects Mike Elko. However, most any one you talk to in the industry ultimately expects Saban to win this one. I've also heard Bowling Green (KY) safety Vito Tisdale may be on the verge of picking the home state Wildcats. He's flirted with doing this before, but he didn't pull the trigger the last time. If Alford does pick Bama before the summer, and Tisdale does the same with Kentucky, A&M will be essentially recruiting safeties that are all committed elsewhere. They continue to do what they can with Jordan Morant(Michigan) and Antonio Johnson (Tennessee). Not ideal circumstances, sure, but this staff has shown already that there aren't many obstacles they can overcome. 

- Lastly, sources in Missouri City continue to be optimistic about A&M's chances with Ft Bend Marshall standout Devon Achane. I don't think he'd do anything in terms of a commitment before the season starts, but that's just my gut feel. One thing I am sure of after talking to folks (and Looch has heard it, as well) is that Achane will one of those guys that will absolutely have a spot regardless of how long he wants to wait to make a decision. I also believe that information has been sufficiently communicated.

2 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

- There's been a lot of speculation regarding the upcoming decision of CyRidge DL Vernon Broughton in the last couple of days, specifically after news began to trickle out about an upcoming commitment video he hinted at via various social media platforms. There's no question that on the heels of his official visit and into the workouts at The Opening in Frisco that A&M felt like the leader. He told me twice during those days in the Metroplex that he'd be in Aggieland for the end of the summer recruiting event which furthered those sentiments of a Maroon and White lead. 

After speaking to a multitude of sources over the last 2-3 days though, I've started to feel like this thing end up going a few different ways. Broughton's plan the entire time was to go home and take inventory of the entire situation and discuss things with his inner circle. I do know that communication with A&M had gotten sparse there for a bit, as well. As of this morning, this is still a tight race, but based on what we are hearing, I think Texas has made up whatever ground they had lost, and it absolutely would come as no surprise if the Longhorns were the pick next week. Stay tuned though as this one could still have a swing or two in momentum over the last few days. 

- In our recruiting chat yesterday, some one asked us to put a percentage on A&M's chances with Orem (UT) LB Noah Sewell. Putting a number to that is always a bit difficult, but I landed at 40%. After speaking to a source on the matter yesterday, I may go just a touch higher than that although I'm not ready to flat out call this a coin flip with Oregon. A&M does have some familiar ties with the Sewell family via Bradley Dale Peveto's coaching tree as well as former Aggie LB Misi Tupe. Ideally, A&M gets Sewell and his folks back on a plane to College Station this fall. 

- Staying at LB, don't close the book on Cameron Riley. Chatter in recent days would indicate that A&M remains a legitimate threat. The Alabama native committed to Auburn in June after taking an OV to A&M in late May. 

- A&M continues to recruit Shadow Creek safety Xavion Alford, but it still feels like that one is heading to Tuscaloosa. Alford still speaks highly of the Aggie program and staff under Jimbo Fisher, and I think he very much respects Mike Elko. However, most any one you talk to in the industry ultimately expects Saban to win this one. I've also heard Bowling Green (KY) safety Vito Tisdale may be on the verge of picking the home state Wildcats. He's flirted with doing this before, but he didn't pull the trigger the last time. If Alford does pick Bama before the summer, and Tisdale does the same with Kentucky, A&M will be essentially recruiting safeties that are all committed elsewhere. They continue to do what they can with Jordan Morant(Michigan) and Antonio Johnson (Tennessee). Not ideal circumstances, sure, but this staff has shown already that there aren't many obstacles they can overcome. 

- Lastly, sources in Missouri City continue to be optimistic about A&M's chances with Ft Bend Marshall standout Devon Achane. I don't think he'd do anything in terms of a commitment before the season starts, but that's just my gut feel. One thing I am sure of after talking to folks (and Looch has heard it, as well) is that Achane will one of those guys that will absolutely have a spot regardless of how long he wants to wait to make a decision. I also believe that information has been sufficiently communicated.

Damn that must have been tough for Brauny to write.

5 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

Peanut gallery

Spoiler

D_SXGT6X4AU3LtD.jpgD_SXHNZW4AAM32n.jpg

17 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

• Like 1

I love the " stay tuned this thing will have one or two more swings" as if Broughton isnt filming a commitment video tomorrow.

"We basically know and have vaguely stated the pick will be Texas but we want you gomers to keep clicking our unoriginal and unsubstantiated drivel all weekend"