Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's more of a Supporting Actor type in the marital bedroom if you catch my drift.

What Texafornia is trying to say, that the little bitch would win the award for Best Fluffer at the AVNs. "Please, thank you sir, may I have another cock to fluff for my wife?"

Edited by SydneyCarton
Texifornia is not a cheesesteak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also enjoy herman’s press interactions.  Comes off as smart, calculated, knowledgeable, but not trying to be everyone’s best friend. 

I’d guess jimbo comes off like Mack brown, calling them by their first names and shit because controlling the message is the most important thing.

herman if anything goes too far the other way with his view that the only thing that matters is us talk. 

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think I like Todd Orlando's media availabilities out of our coaches in terms of substance:style ratio, but Herman does a decent job as well.

Yep. TOs media availabilities are awesome. The guys lives, eats, and breathes football.

As long as “football” doesn’t include recruiting...

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What Texadelphia is trying to say, that the little bitch would win the award for Best Fluffer at the AVNs. "Please, thank you sir, may I have another cock to fluff for my wife?"

I laughed way too hard at this. How many rep points do we have to collectively donate before we can get blacklab to permanently change @texifornia‘s username to Texadelphia?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. TOs media availabilities are awesome. The guys lives, eats, and breathes football.

I laughed way too hard at this. How many rep points do we have to collectively donate before we can get blacklab to permanently change @texifornia‘s username to Texadelphia?

Yeah. That's what happens when I try doing two things at once. Thanks, I edited.

51 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

that's all the time it takes to read a star rating and watch some Hudl highlights

I'm giving Fisher the benefit of the doubt that he made no greater effort to get to know Jameis Winston before signing him. It would speak pretty poorly of his judgment of character if he did more and still signed a scumbag like that. It would speak pretty poorly of his moral fiber if he did more, knew who and what Winston was, and then signed him.

Dameyune  Craig was the guy who pulled Winston to FSU, not Jimbo.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Also, there's a SydneyCartoon opportunity there waiting for you to pounce on, sir. The problem is I don't know how exactly one would satire Texifornia. 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

tenor.gif

...either that or very boring.

In that case, we can always go over the top and say fuck it. Just post a combination of old posts from GlennFromTheMailRoom, NorlaHorns, and Spider2yBanana and lets push the agenda that you're a wildly alcoholic poster with multiple personalities, one of which happens to like techno music and DTV commercials. No one will know what to think. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's more of a Supporting Actor type in the marital bedroom if you catch my drift.

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What Texafornia is trying to say, that the little bitch would win the award for Best Fluffer at the AVNs. "Please, thank you sir, may I have another cock to fluff for my wife?"

Wow  I was thinking the guy had cleanup duty and ate all of the jizz off his wife’s used pussy, but you went to full-blown cocksucker. Graphic.

37 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also, there's a SydneyCartoon opportunity there waiting for you to pounce on, sir. The problem is I don't know how exactly one would satire Texifornia. 

SyndeyCartoon was registered a few weeks ago and used to neg people.  I think it was Junior Miller's sock.

15 hours ago, Chopper said:

Pretty sure that I read something almost identical from chin pubes back when sumlin was their corch. I wonder if they ever get tired of thinking that big brother is in control of the national and local media, and that we always have it aimed against them. I'd think we'd turn it against someone who matters like ousux or ohio meth u.

Fundamentally aggy runs the state #farts  

Looch is blowing smoke up their asses....and they don't even know it.  Sounds familiar.

2 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

SyndeyCartoon was registered a few weeks ago and used to neg people.  I think it was Junior Miller's sock.

That's unfortunate. What a waste of potential, just to neg people. Junior Miller is still around? Isn't that guy like on like the first ballot for being a raging cunt on Shaggy? I don't see him around much here in the places I frequent. 

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The guy does a lot of things I don't like, but the way he handles the press isn't one of them. I realize my opinion on this matter won't be unanimous, but generally speaking the guy presents himself well, has a sense of humor, and has a pretty fucking robust breakdown of info about the players on the team specifically when asked. He has decent anecdotes...But watching him more or less directly answering questions, as opposed to fucking Mack Brown coachspeak is delightful to me. And I don't mind him being a prick to the media when it makes sense. 

Jimbo, meanwhile, has a lot of fucking Mack Brown to him. Bullshit non answers and aww shucks veneer covering a petty, bitch of a man. 

Where Herman goes wrong, it's never a question of him going wrong because he's not smart. He goes wrong by being arrogant. Frankly, if a coach is going to have a flaw, that's the one I want him to have.

The way he answers questions is exactly how I prefer it -- straight to the point, just the facts. It's actually what I like about his schemes/systems, too. He's said before that X's and O's aren't rocket science, and he means it -- he really seems to believe that execution is far more important than "decided schematic advantage" and I like that, too. You win by paying attention to details, and repping the hell out of everything you plan on doing, so that you do it the right way, every time. It's not really as simple as he wants to make it sound, but it's still the right approach.

Now, if he'd just fire the dead weight we could all sing kumbaya and go fire Smokey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't family man types typically not lose their family? Just a thought.

That’s the point of my post and why what they say doesn’t make sense. Let’s not even talk about the fact that Satan is the biggest douche in college football but he wins and that’s what recruits care about. Only aggy makes it about the other stuff because they haven’t done anything in 100 years. Any bowl win is a shit bowl and I guess the best they have is the cotton bowl in 2012, no trophies in the hall of champions is a bigger deal than whether or not jumbo is more like mr Rodgers than Herman.

I'm not even sure Nick Saban makes my Top 5 list of coaches in college football. He might. But he's not guaranteed a place at the table, IMO. He's never presided over a mass and rampant rape coverup. He hasn't recruited and supported a future murderer who shouldn't have been on a major college roster, nor has he repeatedly hired and helped cover up spousal abuse while claiming to be a man of god and a teacher of men (This can be known as the Urban 2 Step). He didn't ignore a child molestation ring for multiple decades. Is there a Big 10 football coached other than Pat Fitzgerald that hasn't done Big 10 Lady Assault things? That's an honest question. I mean, if we're talking straight douche Lane Kiffin is a soulless dude riding medium high on the autistic spectrum. Bobby Petrino is a paramount of virtue. 

This gets a little harder with active coaches, I guess. But I'm pretty sure I can start with a handful of coaches ahead of Saban.  Starting with Jimbo Fisher, Charlie Strong, Lane Kiffin. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

24 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

...he really seems to believe that execution is far more important than "decided schematic advantage" and I like that, too. You win by paying attention to details, and repping the hell out of everything you plan on doing, so that you do it the right way, every time. It's not really as simple as he wants to make it sound, but it's still the right approach.

Football really isn't all that complicated.  You can scheme but basically if you block and tackle better than the other team, you're going to win.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not even sure Nick Saban makes my Top 5 list of couches in college football. He might. But he's not guaranteed a place at the table, IMO. 

Well, you've got to put leather recliner and modern sectional in there.  Then you have chaise lounge and sleeper sofa.  After that it gets a bit murkier, but I think the futon is underrated and I don't see Nick Saban beating out the conventional love seat either.

Edited by Chips O'Toole

15 hours ago, Chopper said:

Pretty sure that I read something almost identical from chin pubes back when sumlin was their corch. I wonder if they ever get tired of thinking that big brother is in control of the national and local media, and that we always have it aimed against them. I'd think we'd turn it against someone who matters like ousux or ohio meth u.

Fundamentally aggy runs the state #farts  

We run the state! We's partnered up with THE ALL-AMERICAN now through Texags! We have media dominance over t.u.!!!! 

but any time there is a positive article on Texas it's A GODDAMNED MEDIA CONSPIRACY AGAINST US!!!!! 

• Like 1

To my last, it really does always work like this with Aggies. The only thing they will even grudgingly, kind of, admit, in years we trounce(d) them, was that we had a better team. Like 2008. But even then, you'd be hard pressed to find a single position they'd concede. Like so:

Me: "We just have more talent top to bottom than you guys do."

Aggie: "Ayup, well, maybe, I mean I guess."

Me: "Like Colt McCoy."

Aggie: "HE AIN'T BETTER'N STEPHEN MCGEE! He just plays on a better team with a better o-line and better receivers!"

Me: "Colt does benefit from having Jordan Shipley and Quan Cosby to throw to----"

Aggie: "THEY AIN'T BETTER'N TERRENCE MCCOY OR JEFF FULLER!"

Me: "---and guys like Dockery and Ulatoski blocking---"

Aggie: "THEY AIN'T BETTER'N TRAVIS SCHNEIDER!!!!"

etc, on down the roster

If you could continue on to "well, gosh, I guess if none of our players are better, it must be the coaching", you could induce apoplexy 

ultimately "luck" was the only advantage Aggies would ever concede 

• Like 1

I feel bad for King, I mean, youre a talented QB, you just dont have the mental health to make smart choices.  Imagine being a D1 football player and conciously committing to aggy and college station.  It's like winning the lottery but paying 98% tax on it. 

1 hour ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Well, you've got to put leather recliner and modern sectional in there.  Then you have chaise lounge and sleeper sofa.  After that it gets a bit murkier, but I think the futon is underrated and I don't see Nick Saban beating out the conventional love seat either.

Now that is how you channel Mike Leach. 

30 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I feel bad for King, I mean, youre a talented QB, you just dont have the mental health to make smart choices.  Imagine being a D1 football player and conciously committing to aggy and college station.  It's like winning the lottery but paying 98% tax on it. 

I mean he sounds like a mental stump in most of his interviews.

49 minutes ago, satyanash said:

A&M got ridiculously lucky with this recruitment. Fell ass-backwards into a kid who may be a 5-star by the end of the year.

Idk what you’re taking about. Jimbo can identify a QB within 2 minutes. He’s meticulously planned out this entire cycle so that he gets King.