Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I like to laugh at the Ags as much as the next guy and they’re certainly as queer and cultish as there is in college football. 

But they have the best WR, DB, and arguably the best QB in the state committed. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Evans wind up there.

Its gonna continue to be a war every year. 

Meh. We have arguably the best QBs( see plural), arguably the best DL, the best linebacker, and the best Offensive linemen (see plural) in the state. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Yeah, once we get rid of that NFL narrative, aggy will finally have nothing negative to point to in their desperate obsession to tell the world that they are actually, really, if you look hard enough BETTER than the cesspool that is TU. They will finally just accept their status as a a upper-middle tier program. They will stop predicting natty's and Looch, now unrecognizable without his chin pubes, will tell everyone that Jimbo is quite frankly, a good enough coach to keep aggy exactly where it belongs and has always been. They will even talk about how maybe they should have stayed in the BDF, which maybe isn't really a dumpster fire anymore. They will remove all the glory holes in BCS, ban bestiality campus-wide, tear down the statue of the Racist Sul Ross, implement female cheerleading teams, and freely allow people to lie in the grass on Kyle Field and use "12th Man" with no fear of lawsuits.

And they will finally admit that Vince Young was better than Manziel, and even better than Reggie McNeil.

Not just aggy saying this, pretty sure tosu pitched that fact to VB while on his visit as well.  

49 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

It's not a good look when people read your opinion of someone and think, "Jesus, what, did he fuck your wife?"

Well yes, I mean you quoted it yourself.

[Herman was] ****ing prostitutes at the massage parlor

57 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I like to laugh at the Ags as much as the next guy and they’re certainly as queer and cultish as there is in college football. 

But they have the best WR, DB, and arguably the best QB in the state committed. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Evans wind up there.

You must have a maroon stripe up your back a mile wide....

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

What part of the truth hurt your vagina?

It don't make a flying f*** who they've got, they are still aggy and will f****** a wet dream, but by all means keep on bragging on them for whatever weird reason it is you have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Eventhough it’s expected...another 4-5 loss season from them this year will hurt in 2021.  

If we win (beat LSU, win B12 championship, top 10 again) and get a couple guys drafted 1st day (Jones, Johnson??), then we may run away with 2021.  Based on their schedule in 2020, they should have a good year (record-wise), then it may sway back to being a dog fight for 2022s.  If they do their usual 9-4 or 8-5 in 2020 (and we are still winning), then it’s over for Jimbo. 

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

And now nobody remembers who Mike Tyson was.  Aggies have quite a way with backfiring metaphors.

Edit to add: Typical of Aggies after hiring Fran Sherman Sumlin Jimbo to assume that they've already arrived at that elusive next year.

Buster only won because Tyson had become lazy and overconfident.   This sounds more like latter era Mack.

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

D_w-PKeXkAEFvGe.pngD_w-PgBXsAA2ZOR.png

left out KState at the end--maybe it's because they whooped that aggie ass in their most recent meeting.  And when did Jimbo run a tight program that didn't involve the authorities at some point?  The sting on this one is great.  Someday this century, maybe the fighting farmers will get to lose in a bowl that matters. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Meh. We have arguably the best QBs( see plural), arguably the best DL, the best linebacker, and the best Offensive linemen (see plural) in the state. 

So...they have all these bestest players.  Guess they now have no excuses for not winning it all...next year.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The Ticket announced this morning that Jombo got a commitment from the top QB IN THE NATION. Where did that come from?

That was the new aggy spin during the opening, where King was ranked #1 "every day" (except, of course, the last day, when the final winner was announced, and it wasn't him).

He doesn't suck, but calling him the best overall is quite a stretch. He's certainly a step up from Mond, though.

6 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

They will have a nice little skill position core of King, Wright, Demas and Cupp in a few years. I hope their O-Line recruiting is as bad as everyone seems to think it is. 

King is a fine commit, but the premise that he’s some sort of game changer is out of whack with reality. 

As well, the OL recruiting under Fisher has been a proven source of program decay and the recruits they’re bringing in now only support that premise. 

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

He wants to play in the SEC

He would have considered Texas but for Card. Once Card was UT’s guy, the dad wouldn’t entertain the premise. SEC interest as a driver followed.  

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

It don't make a flying f*** who they've got, they are still aggy and will f****** a wet dream, but by all means keep on bragging on them for whatever weird reason it is you have.

Me: The Ags have some good players committed.

Shooter: RAWR STOP BRAGGING ON AGGY YOU MAROON STRIPE WEIRDO AGGY LOVER RAWR 

Get laid, dude.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

He would get destroyed in our offense. Not a fit at all. 

Dude, he has almost identical dimensions as Card. Except he has normal sized hands. Pretty sure he’s even thicker and faster. Lets not construct fantastical bullshit that he’s been not a good QB or we wouldn’t win games with him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dude, he has almost identical dimensions as Card. Except he has normal sized hands. Pretty sure he’s even thicker and faster. Lets not construct fantastical bullshit that he’s been not a good QB or we wouldn’t win games with him. 

I am not saying he’s a bad QB, nor did I comment on Card at all. I’ve watched King play in person. He’s good, not great. He’s about as mobile as Shane Buechele, maybe less so. He has great athletes around him at Longview. 

• Like 1

It seems like right now Bama’s plan is to flip Bryce young from USC, but they’ve been on him awhile and he’s still committed.

I wonder if at some point Bama gets tired of waiting, could King be on their short list of next options? It would be so great to see aggy build up the King commitment and put out all these edits about best QB in Texas, blah blah blah, only for Bama to swoop in and steal him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I am not saying he’s a bad QB, nor did I comment on Card at all. I’ve watched King play in person. He’s good, not great. He’s about as mobile as Shane Buechele, maybe less so. He has great athletes around him at Longview. 

I commented on Card. 

You saying he’d get killed implies he’s not big enough enough to take the beating, or fast enough to be a credible runner, or both.  Well he’s faster than card and bigger. So if that’s the case, you must think card is a bad fit at qb for us. Is that the case? If not, then I’d like to hear how king would get killed in our offense. 

Just now, Tex Pete said:

I haven’t said a word about Card. Don’t plan to. 

So you think he’s a shitty fit and just wont fucking say it. I dont know why you don’t have the fucking balls to say it, man. Its a recruiting board and people give their thoughts all the time. Most of them are wrong. No one is going to suddenly place you in the same category as Spider2YBanana. Well, they might now. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So you think he’s a shitty fit and just wont fucking say it. I dont know why you don’t have the fucking balls to say it, man. Its a recruiting board and people give their thoughts all the time. Most of them are wrong. No one is going to suddenly place you in the same category as Spider2YBanana. Well, they might now. 

Bitch, please. Am I you that predicts that Leal and King won't go to aggy? Oops, I mean your sock CTJ. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I commented on Card. 

You saying he’d get killed implies he’s not big enough enough to take the beating, or fast enough to be a credible runner, or both.  Well he’s faster than card and bigger. So if that’s the case, you must think card is a bad fit at qb for us. Is that the case? If not, then I’d like to hear how king would get killed in our offense. 

He would get killed in our offense because he is not a True Longhorn and does not respect and love the state or the university of TEXAS and the linemen wouldn't block for him and he'd get sacked every play and we'd lose all our games. It's pretty obvious if you just use your brain. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He would get killed in our offense because he is not a True Longhorn and does not respect and love the state or the university of TEXAS and the linemen wouldn't block for him and he'd get sacked every play and we'd lose all our games. It's pretty obvious if you just use your brain. 

I didn’t say anything like that. He couldn’t take the hits our QB will take every year.