Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

They need scale, and aggy fans are a large easily-led herd with wallets semi-full of middle management money.

Thats like needing more customers at your restaurant and instead bringing in a big ol bag of rats...that comment section wont know what hit it

Edited by RGBIII
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

That's actually pretty cool. The Athletic is fucking great.

yes, the whole time I've subscribed there, I've thought "what this place really needs, in addition to its roster of skilled journalists, is to lend credibility to some paid shills who actively try to influence recruits for one dirtbag program"

/unsubscribed

Aggy gonna need a new reporter.... guess Ben really couldn't take covering their shit-show anymore to accept a job covering the Bengals.

Ben Baby   @Ben_Baby
· Jul 8
After seven great years of working for Texas newspapers, I'm excited to announce I'll be joining ESPN to cover the Cincinnati Bengals. I'm pumped about the new challenge and the opportunity.

3:19 PM · Jul 8, 2019

57 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

The Athletic is great, but this does not help their cause. They hired a dedicated Longhorn beat writer as well, guess teaming up with Texags was cheaper for them. 

They hired a dedicated Longhorn beat writer who is a West Coast kid with no ties to the university whatsoever. I think you can reasonably expect he'll cover the beat in the traditional way, without rooting from the pressbox. I can't even draw an analogy to what the Texas version of cross-posting Texags.com content would be. Texags.com and its owners and staff ardently and openly attempt to influence recruiting in Texas A&M's favor.

It is stunning to me that Mandel would look at that site and thinks it fits with the mission he claims the All-American has. They hired professional journalists for every other beat; for Texas A&M, they're basically saying "well Aggies, tell us about yourselves" and treating that like it's just another beat. It's fucking bizarre. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Fuck Georgia. 

This x1,000. Those mother fuckers were so god damn mouthy on bourbon the night before. I’d be standing in line at Pat O’Briens with Georgia fans and I’d say something like “So what’re your thoughts on the matchup tomorrow? Our coach has a pretty good track record in games like this and we have a solid offense..”

”Oh we’re gonna wipe the fucking floor with y’all. You haven’t seen the kind of speed and strength we have. I’ll be surprised if it’s close at halftime” kind of shit. 

Then of course at halftime(I was sitting next to the Texas band) some Georgia fan was going ape shit at the concession stands on some fellow horn fan. I sat back and let it play out then he goes “YOU KNOW WE DON’T EVEN WANNA BE HERE, RIGHT?” 

I laughed and go “oh shut the fuck up!” And he gets in my face and starts questioning my football intellect and he even pulled the “DID YOU EVEN PLAY!?!?” Card. Yes, asshole. I played at the high school our starting QB is from, perhaps you heard of it. 

The balls on this cocksucker. Asking someone from Texas if I know anything about football. You mean the state that’s produced guys like Earl, DJ, VY, Jamaal Charles and the list goes on. It must suck being them. They’re what we’d be if it weren’t for VY and Colt. They’re perfect for the SEC. All bark, no bite. 

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Fletch said:

This x1,000. Those mother fuckers were so god damn mouthy on bourbon the night before. I’d be standing in line at Pat O’Briens with Georgia fans and I’d say something like “So what’re your thoughts on the matchup tomorrow? Our coach has a pretty good track record in games like this and we have a solid offense..”

”Oh we’re gonna wipe the fucking floor with y’all. You haven’t seen the kind of speed and strength we have. I’ll be surprised if it’s close at halftime” kind of shit. 

Then of course at halftime(I was sitting next to the Texas band) some Georgia fan was going ape shit at the concession stands on some fellow horn fan. I sat back and let it play out then he goes “YOU KNOW WE DON’T EVEN WANNA BE HERE, RIGHT?” 

I laughed and go “oh shut the fuck up!” And he gets in my face and starts questioning my football intellect and he even pulled the “DID YOU EVEN PLAY!?!?” Card. Yes, asshole. I played at the high school our starting QB is from, perhaps you heard of it. 

The balls on this cocksucker. Asking someone from Texas if I know anything about football. You mean the state that’s produced guys like Earl, DJ, VY, Jamaal Charles and the list goes on. It must suck being them. They’re what we’d be if it weren’t for VY and Colt. They’re perfect for the SEC. All bark, no bite. 

cool story bro... forreal 

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I had pretty much no opinion on Georgia before the sugar bowl. Now I hope they lose every fucking game(besides aggy) they play. Loud mouth, trashy ass fanbase. 

Amazing how fast one team can go from also ran to arrogant bitches in two years. Media purpepulates (sp?) the arrogance by fawning over them like they are a powerhouse program. They have a very short memory that they were just another SEC team not long before they played in the national championship game. 

A&M got really lucky in this one, if he's picking A&M; it took about a bunch of things going their way for it to happen, including Orgeron taking two inferior QBs, Chad Morris taking his son, Auburn having a stud in the prior class, Card being in the same class, Hornsby basically being unrecruitable, and Tennessee having a stud in the current class. 

Aggy is building some skill talent.  Demas, Wright, Cupp in a few years will be salty.  King is very good but he's not a 5 star prospect.  Texas, LSU, bama, UGA, ou, tosu all passed on him.  I think he'll be solid after he puts on weight and may be able to contribute after 2 years in a program.  With that said, aggy's o-line recruiting has been a total WTF!  That o-line is going to be hot garbage and I'm not sure why any QB or RB would want to sign up to play behind that.  That midget is going to bounce for another job like he did at FSU they fans turn on him.... which they will when they lose 5 games again this year.  

2 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Amazing how fast one team can go from also ran to arrogant bitches in two years. Media purpepulates (sp?) the arrogance by fawning over them like they are a powerhouse program. They have a very short memory that they were just another SEC team not long before they played in the national championship game. 

Ummm, if playing for the national title isnt a license to be arrogant, then what the fuck is?

42 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Then Kirby didn't watch the tape.  His players were flying in pursuit and getting abused by misdirection.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing. The problem with the "didn't want to be there" trope is that it's just fundamentally bullshit. The difference in "want to" on a football field is almost never as big as popular imagination makes it. The reality is, the team that plays better always looks like they "want it more". Admittedly, there are guys who half-ass it. But that doesn't describe what happened to Georgia that night. What happened to Georgia was that they got outcoached and outplayed by a better team.

• Like 2

Also: "The ongoing order of business has to do with something Fisher is as passionate about as any head coach in the college game: Recruiting.

The Aggies finished third in the national rankings last year, trailing only Alabama and Georgia."

That's just a lie. You can argue with how they compile the rankings, but they didn't say you came in third: https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Just now, Machinator said:

Just to be clear, the TexAgs "writers" aren't submitting content to The Athletic. It's a shared access deal that allows subscribers to one site to access some of the paywalled content on the other.

Are you certain? Because I read the deal too and I interpreted it as Texags premium content would appear on The Athletic, and would cover the team void similarly to how they hired a new UT writer. To me that means links to their site of articles on or published on texags. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are you certain? Because I read the deal too and I interpreted it as Texags premium content would appear on The Athletic, and would cover the team void similarly to how they hired a new UT writer. To me that means links to their site of articles on or published on texags. 

Well, is it a distinction worth making? Unless TexAgs is assuming editorial control of content from The Athletic, or vice versa, the crossing of the Rubicon was the making of the deal; once that happened, it doesn't really matter who's hosting the article.

Just now, Machinator said:

Well, is it a distinction worth making? Unless TexAgs is assuming editorial control of content from The Athletic, or vice versa, the crossing of the Rubicon was the making of the deal; once that happened, it doesn't really matter who's hosting the article.

No. But that was the point I was trying to make. Who cares who hosts it, but if links to texags articles show up on The Athletic front page, then it doesn’t matter. I guess I was confused as to why you attempted to make the distinction in the first place?