Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

3 minutes ago, fatheryeet said:

saw a tweet that Muschamp followed CDC on Twitter today. He is but idk how to tell when that happened

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Believe Mobile shows the most recent follows at the top. But I could be wrong. If so as Horns said. He started following Lanning as well. Interesting since it was thought he'd keep Coleman 

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Believe Mobile shows the most recent follows at the top. But I could be wrong. If so as Horns said. He started following Lanning as well. Interesting since it was thought he'd keep Coleman 

No on mobile it shows “similar” follows or some shit. Think you have to get on desktop to see recent

• Hook 'Em 2

At this point I am operating under the assumption it is Muschamp (please god!) and in that case I’d imagine he would come back. Need to start at Coach Boom or Bust thread

If it isn’t WM there are very few upgrades over Ash (you could argue WM isn’t but he seems to be the target). At that point you’d think Ash gets an offer to stay.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

This may matter 

Of course not. There is still football related things that need to be taken care of specifically with the players and their needs. You can’t just send everyone home. All those positions will be dealt with when the head coach is hired and on campus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

McGuire isn't leaving Baylor unless it's for a HC or coordinator job. Maybe he can be the OC in name while Sark runs the offense, ala Riley/Day/Jimbo?

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

Would be a great hire and Joey is fine leaving Waco for Austin if offered. 

Peak Surly! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted in the TH Fired Thread before realizing this one existed:

I’d be happy if Ash stayed...I’ve seen improvement almost every week from our defense and they certainly look more confident than they did before he arrived. With a proper off-season I have faith our defense continues to improve toward the top of the conference. 

Does anyone have credible information regarding whether the playcalling and rhythms of our offense was a result of TH continuing to meddle? Or was this Yurcich’s offense all season?

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, maninblack said:

No way on Steele. He was back stabbing Malzahn all year. I wouldn't bring him onto the staff.

I hear ya.  I'd rather go with Muschamp and even Chris Ash for that matter, but I still think Steele could work.  He was close to some of the big boosters in Auburn which gave him his platform to try and stage the coup.  He wouldn't have that in Austin, and I think at his age he probably thought that was his last shot at getting a HC position.  He's 62 and if he came to Austin he'd be 65 before Sark would reasonably be in trouble, at which time there's no way he'd be considered to take over.  

Still better than Mike Stoops.

2 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

I would be happy with Ash or Muschamp at DC. Ash made huge progress this season despite having no camp. I'll always be partial to muschamp, though.

Muschamp guarantees things that Ash doesn't. Between the two Muschamp is significantly higher for me.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Folks, if Ash is retained that means we probably get Mike fucking Stoops as Co-DC...DO.NOT.WANT....Coach Boom or Bust

If Ash is retained why would he get rid of the guy he just picked to be his LB coach? 

Feels like Stoops is a Sark thing since they're both at Bama right now, not a Ash/Muschamp thing. Would be a big red flag for me. 

Muschamp guarantees things that Ash doesn't. Between the two Muschamp is significantly higher for me.
I pretty much agree. I think there is always a risk switching coaches, especially since muschamp has been in a different role for so many years now. But damn was he incredible here. I would definitely prefer muschamp but would be fine with Ash.