Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

8 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Majors redshirted in 2020, right? I get confused with how the COVID rules apply, but I think right now he is a redshirt junior. So I guess he's definitely back next year for his 5th year, and then maybe he could get a COVID super super senior year even though he redshirted that year (Idk, someone can correct me).  Either way, he's starting until he leaves. 

Covid means 8th year seniors are a thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding some of the outstanding targets:

-ATM feels great about Bussey but OU thinks they can close him. OU posters are bizarrely confident on this one given that no one besides their mods think they have a chance. What I have been told is "he could have picked ATM any time and given them a boost. why hasn't he?" but my response to that is that Black could have done the same for Texas and we feel fine on him, right?

-The aggie moderators are hinting that they might have the lead on Solomon Williams after he visited for the Auburn game. The posters are fawning over him, as they should. If Texas actually leads and locks him up this weekend, the whiplash those posters will have as they play down Williams as a recruit will require chiropractic help.

-Sure seems like there could be some interesting developments both this weekend and at the Cotton Bowl with guys not completely on the radar, but I know very little about what those developments will be. 

Not tacitly worried about the numbers but... Other than the wr/db, do you expect any current recruits to leave to make room for some of these new developments or are they at positions that still need bodies?

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Not tacitly worried about the numbers but... Other than the wr/db, do you expect any current recruits to leave to make room for some of these new developments or are they at positions that still need bodies?

Just because they show up for a game doesnt necessarily mean they are flipping/committing. Especially the OU game.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

-ATM feels great about Bussey 

Drumm and Thune have pretty much signed this one over to ATM.  Drumm said he got some info from someone at ATM indicating they internally felt like they were catching up to OU, but stopped juuuuust short of saying it's all Aggy at this point.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

D'Antre Robinson will now be at the game too. The Florida On3 guy mentioned something about Mack not being on the visit list for the game, yet. So, I wonder if he's the surprise Gerry was hinting at yesterday.

I don't think that fits the context of which it was said.....it seemed like it was guys committed elsewhere.