Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

On 10/1/2023 at 12:06 PM, Napoleon said:

Stop listening to whatever/whomever you are hearing this from. 

On 10/1/2023 at 1:44 PM, Newy25 said:

So you don’t follow recruiting but you keep hearing Missouri is a threat for Wingo? Are these the voices in your head or are you lying about not following recruiting? 

On 10/1/2023 at 2:17 PM, Michael Knight said:

Better to keep lurking and be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt

These are our resident recruiting experts who shot me down when I mentioned hearing about Missouri being a threat. It doesn't take a genius nor does it take for someone to follow recruiting very closely to believe Missouri could be a threat because how much a local kid like Luther Burden has been shining over there, but this board's all knowing assholes be assholes.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

These are our resident recruiting experts who shot me down when I mentioned hearing about Missouri being a threat. It doesn't take a genius nor does it take for someone to follow recruiting very closely to believe Missouri could be threat because how much a local kid like Luther Burden has been shining over there, but this board's all knowing assholes be assholes.

People shot you down because by your own admition you couldn't be bothered to follow recruiting or even reading the thread before posting some dumb nonsense that had been asked and answered multiple times. You want things spoon fed to you like some baby man so expect some hospitality if you are unwilling to show respect

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 11:37 AM, Michael Knight said:

People shot you down because by your own admition you couldn't be bothered to follow recruiting or even reading the thread before posting some dumb nonsense that had been asked and answered multiple times. You want things spoon fed to you like some baby man so expect some hospitality if you are unwilling to show respect

I asked a legitimate question (something even a casual follower could see coming) and you thought it was dumb to ask it. Yet now that Gerry mentions it, it's ok. You didn't have to engage me if you didn't want to "spoon feed" me or didn't have time. You keep responding, so you do have the time but you were wrong in your assessment. Other posters were nice enough to answer. You should listen to your own advice and post less of your stupid and arrogant takes when you are not smarter or more informed than others.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

We need to tamper with that ayomanor from Stanford and get him to transfer. He was incredible. They threw him 5 straight slants…. With 3 against hunter and then caught a ball off of his back. Get that kid. 

I'm sure Lincoln's tampering bat signal has already gone up 

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Don’t sell yourself short. You’re exceptionally dumb, sir.

Look another resident asshole coming to the defense of his ilk. Glad you found a place to put your English lit education to work. Nothing screams smart than being able to talk out of your ass on a message board and showing your mastery of the english language. 

Edited by UTEE97
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Look another resident asshole coming to the defense of his ilk. Glad you found a place to put your English lit education to work. Nothing screams smart than being able to talk out of your ass on a massage board and showing your mastery of the english language. 

life in pieces massage GIF by CBS
You seem a little upset. Maybe you should go find a massage board for yourself. 

29 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Look another resident asshole coming to the defense of his ilk. Glad you found a place to put your English lit education to work. Nothing screams smart than being able to talk out of your ass on a massage board and showing your mastery of the english language. 

I’ll try to dumb this down per your request: Quit being such a thin skinned bitch. 

IMG_6306.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Look who decided to read the last few pages to try and come up with some witty repartee

If you come here for validation of your intelligence, then you be you. I will stop clogging the thread now and enjoy the beautiful weekend with my family in socal. 

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Look another resident asshole coming to the defense of his ilk. Glad you found a place to put your English lit education to work. Nothing screams smart than being able to talk out of your ass on a message board and showing your mastery of the english language. 

You can't scream at the sun about message boards and the surly posters there with that avatar.

On 10/13/2023 at 12:28 PM, Tex Pete said:

Are you talking about his height?

Choking and losing to your less-talented rival you boat raced a year ago in a season you are supposed to be winning the conference is not "stepping up," no matter what excuses you accept. OU has ruined our season repeatedly since Mack Brown stepped on campus, with very few exceptions.

Lord you are a petulant little child aren't you.  I neg this stupid bit of idiocy a d you go to the trouble of hunting down 2 posts by me to neg...bravo sir.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Brooks is a great college running back who isn’t elite in any single category. He’s not gonna get drafted before day 3. He may decide he wants a shot at making a roster and leaves early.  It I would bet he comes back next year. 

AD is showing up on more 1st round mock drafts than X now. Both will be drafted in the first two rounds and maybe even both in the 1st. They’re gone after this year. 

The thing is he isn't going to become anymore elite at anything if he stays. If he continues his big year this could be his best shot. He should take it.

8 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Brooks is a great college running back who isn’t elite in any single category. He’s not gonna get drafted before day 3. He may decide he wants a shot at making a roster and leaves early.  It I would bet he comes back next year. 

AD is showing up on more 1st round mock drafts than X now. Both will be drafted in the first two rounds and maybe even both in the 1st. They’re gone after this year. 

He is a RB. He should go. The offense will be completely different next year. This year every DC is worried about Quinn, Sanders, Worthy, and AD.. Those guys are all likely gone next year. When that happens opposing DCs primary game plan will be to stop the run and make a new QB and young WRs (with a portal guy or 2) beat them throwing the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

DeAndre Carter watching this Auburn offense

Matthew Broderick GIF

Freeze either didn’t have the will or the authority for a full tear down. But it should have been done. 

I think Carter signs with Texas. His family doesn’t want to spend 3+ hours in the air, and then drive another 2 hours to Auburn to watch their kid pay. 

Another recruiting advantage in the SEC. Austin and Nashville are it on major airports. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

19 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Freeze either didn’t have the will or the authority for a full tear down. But it should have been done. 

I think Carter signs with Texas. His family doesn’t want to spend 3+ hours in the air, and then drive another 2 hours to Auburn to watch their kid pay. 

Another recruiting advantage in the SEC. Austin and Nashville are it on major airports. 

TBF his parents could spend two hours getting from Bergstrom to DKR depending on the time and weekend. 🤬

• Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

TBF his parents could spend two hours getting from Bergstrom to DKR depending on the time and weekend. 🤬

Not really true unless they were arriving at 7:30am. The first flight out of LA gets them in on Friday or Saturday at 11:30. When a friend of mine takes it, he gets to my office which is the same direction but further at 12:15 and that includes walking to the Uber pickup in the garage.

2 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

Maybe it's battered fan syndrome, but I am way less confident than the general Texas inter webs seems to be that we will win out. We're still Texas, and he's still Sark.  

Really? You wake up Sunday morning and apropos of nothing decide to log on and announce your pessimism about the rest of the season?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Gerry said he expects an OV to happen (kid lived in San Antonio at one point when he was younger). Also said this offer isn’t related to Wingo. Williams missed a lot of his junior year with injury and impressed the staff on video as a senior so far.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 5

I liked the talk about Missouri being a threat for Wingo because of Luther Burden being featured for them. Burden was huge in the Missouri win against Kentucky. No one will ever forget that 2 catches for 15 yards and 1 endaround for 6 yards performance. 

Missouri is in it with Wingo because they're nearby, the state school, and they're concentrating what they can in NIL on him (which worked for the DL). May not be enough. They're doing everything they can to land him, no doubt. Luther Burden doesn't make a lick of difference though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I liked the talk about Missouri being a threat for Wingo because of Luther Burden being featured for them. Burden was huge in the Missouri win against Kentucky. No one will ever forget that 2 catches for 15 yards and 1 endaround for 6 yards performance. 

Missouri is in it with Wingo because they're nearby, the state school, and they're concentrating what they can in NIL on him (which worked for the DL). May not be enough. They're doing everything they can to land him, no doubt. Luther Burden doesn't make a lick of difference though.

Burden effect isn't a factor in Wingo recruitment? You have to be kidding. It's a huge factor. Burden NIL in Missouri is everywhere. His family can walk into any store in the state and get Luther Burden merchandise. He is the face of the program and doing very well on the field and certainly doing well with NIL.  They are selling Wingo on being the next face of the program and having his face plastered everywhere. It's like being Mr Football in a small town but now it's the entire state. It's a huge factor in his recruitment and the one thing no other school can offer.

• Hook 'Em 1