Spring to Fall 2021 Texas Recruiting and Portal Discussion

I feel like with the new hire we need a thread for all the new recruiting and portal discussions specific to Texas and the new hires. The other threads are so long and recruiting for 2021 is going to chance drastically and the portal activity as well. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Spring to Fall 2021 Texas Recruiting and Portal Discussion

Would love to see if he can get Jojo Earle to take a 2nd look at Texas and Camar Wheaton.  I really like LJ but Camar has elite tools that this offense lacks.  Outside of JWhit and maybe Kelvontay Dixon, elite speed is lacking.  Even Bijan is missing that 3rd gear that guys like Wheaton have.  

I also hope he opens up the Duncanville and Northshore pipelines.  When Texas was good, we cherry picked recruits from Northshore under Mack.  This is where I hope our bagmen can succeed.  

4 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Would love to see if he can get Jojo Earle to take a 2nd look at Texas and Camar Wheaton.  I really like LJ but Camar has elite tools that this offense lacks.  Outside of JWhit and maybe Kelvontay Dixon, elite speed is lacking.  Even Bijan is missing that 3rd gear that guys like Wheaton have.  

I also hope he opens up the Duncanville and Northshore pipelines.  When Texas was good, we cherry picked recruits from Northshore under Mack.  This is where I hope our bagmen can succeed.  

Didn’t these guys already sign?  They aren’t bru mccoying here 

24 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Are there any rules against contacting recruits who have signed a LOI, or are they fair game up to enrollment or first day of classes?

Only coaches from the university they signed with can contact them. It happens though.

• Rage+1 1

50 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Stingley OV'ed to Texas during his recruitment, right? So he's at least familiar with the campus.

Ya I remember the talk with him was we wanted to be in second and hope LSU implodes, they did not and we were a hat on the table

35 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Do we expect Jake Smith to return?

50/50 same as Washington. My guess is they both stay after seeing what Sarks offense can do and Casey looked in the bowl game. But also there is something at ASU that remains undefeated for Smith

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

image.thumb.png.d3a8ba42988e1233d9d62ad7f3d1f868.png

The juggling act has begun with recruiting. I think we all need to root for 'Bama to win because that will only serve to fuel our own recruiting. I feel dirty rooting for $-E-C, but the opponent is Ohio State and we're not likely to get any coaches from their staff.

7 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

The juggling act has begun with recruiting. I think we all need to root for 'Bama to win because that will only serve to fuel our own recruiting. I feel dirty rooting for $-E-C, but the opponent is Ohio State and we're not likely to get any coaches from their staff.

One could easily argue OSU has been a bigger pain in the ass for us than Bama has too. I won't make any guesses on a best case scenario of how much we'd want Bama to win by, but we definitely want them to score 30+ with Sark able to point to a full season where the ND game is the least amount of points they scored.

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

One could easily argue OSU has been a bigger pain in the ass for us than Bama has too. I won't make any guesses on a best case scenario of how much we'd want Bama to win by, but we definitely want them to score 30+ with Sark able to point to a full season where the ND game is the least amount of points they scored.

My point was that it looks really good for recruiting if Sark rolls into Austin wearing a brand new Championship ring.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Yeah, Sark coming in after leading the nation's best offense to a title is probably the most ideal for us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Teryor said:

Pulling for Bama to win feels kinda dirty??

giphy.gif

OK -- I'M IN  😋

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, RGBIII said:

50/50 same as Washington. My guess is they both stay after seeing what Sarks offense can do and Casey looked in the bowl game. But also there is something at ASU that remains undefeated for Smith

I thought it was Liebrock that had the GF at ASU?

I could see some attrition at WR. While Sark's offense has some spread concepts, there is no need to have 14 WRs on the roster. Just to understand, there are also 14 OL on the roster currently. This includes incoming signees and commits.

I could see a top 4 of Moore, Whittington, Omeire and Dixon separating themselves in the spring. Maybe Smith joins that top group, but he hasn't shown it on the field with any kind of consistency.

Leaving 7 WRs, that are going to get limited PT, because I am hopeful that everyone at the position getting game reps stops with Sarkisian.

• Like 1