Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

31 minutes ago, futureman said:

rayne has been surrounded by a more than capable roster for five goddamn years and all he did was put up big stats playing from behind in losses. he’s a thief and a fucking fraud. he has a prick agent and was blessed the huge benefit of a totally incompetent negotiating team across the table. in a decade he will have two things: a huge pile of dirty money and one career playoff win. fuck all of you. 

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Coming from a guy who said we should outright fire Kellen Moore, it just shows how much you don’t understand what’s really going on. You just like to throw out terrible “I told you so” takes in this thread.

Crying definitely isn’t the right way to put it. At least not for me. I’d say shocked, more than anything. And it necessarily in a good or bad way, but just genuinely surprised they got it done. I didn’t think it was going to happen. I didn’t think Dak was going to be our qb after 2021. 

If you are shocked they re-signed Dak and he is making more than Wentz or Goff,then I have to question your knowledge. I honestly can't fathom people really believedDak would not be a Cowboys or the front office would not get this done. People really thought Dallas would have did what they did on the offense in the draft and the Amari trade and then let Dak walk and start over with some spare lmao. 

And what the fuck does Kellen Moore have to do with Dak? Kellen is a fucking spare. He should have never been hired in the first place and yes, should not be here. But please continue.

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Sheeeeeit, if both Drew and Vic love this deal, then I don't need to see the numbers, it sucks 

When did I ever mention the deal? I am not some salary cap dork. This isn't my money. I don't give a damn. I simply said from the jump Dak would be signed here. He did and I am happy. All your tears are glorious.

I'm not sure it's a great deal, but we have to see how the cap is impacted in future years and more importantly, how Dak good really is over the length of this contract.  I think if you polled every GM in the league, virtually all of them would rate Watson higher than Dak, but their pay is essentially similar now.  But QBs get overpaid a little, and it might not be an overpay if the salaries keep escalating.  I am skeptical it will end up a great deal, but I object WAY more to Elliott getting 15M than Dak 40M.  I'd much rather spend the money on an OL, and just use minimal money for your RB rotation.

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

When did I ever mention the deal? I am not some salary cap dork. This isn't my money. I don't give a damn. I simply said from the jump Dak would be signed here. He did and I am happy. All your tears are glorious.

They overpaid like a motherfucker for what they are getting.  The move is SOOO Cowboys.

The tears don't exist, so stop that.  It's way the hell more of "way to go jerrah/ Stephen!  Thank you for your continued terribad financial decisions with regard to roster management."

The question wasn't as much of whether Dak would sign with Dallas, as much as it was one of how badly the Cowboys would overpay for the talent level at QB.  They massively overpaid.  Way to go guys!!!  The $35MM/ year offer was too much...now they give an older, brokedick QB even more.   LOFL!!!!!   More of the same...

The only way Dallas ever gets in a PO game with this setup is if the NFCEast is historically bad again like 2020 and they luck out like a motherfucker.  Keep crowing....  

Edited by slorch

I'm sure now that the deal is done we can finally stop fucking talking about it right? It's over, it's not your money, get a life if you care that much. You know the deal with the Cowboys, and if you know that and still root for and follow the team then that makes you the real broke dick loser.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, futureman said:

he’s always wanted to win as much as anyone. he just has no idea how to do it. 

Thank you! Jerry desperately wants to win and prove that the early success wasn't all Jimmy Johnson, but he doesn't want to hire a GM and coach that can put together a winning team. He wants to prove he can do it. 

14 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Jerry has always believed only the household names matter.

Never placed any emphasis on having more than spares at every other spot on the roster.

Important positions too. I always figured one day he’s going to learn that saftey and DT are important positions, and they should be treated that way. But I don’t think he is ever going to learn. Poona Ford and Juan Thornhill should absolutely be on this team right now, and it’s laughable that they aren’t.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Drew said:

But seriously, this will not hurt the team.  And when Baker and Kyler and Allen are getting 45 a year, you won't be scoffing at this.

you must be on fucking drugs.

his salary cap hit went from something under $4M a year to over $35.  when they already have a boat anchor contract for a worthless running back (yeah I fucking said it). 

they literally cant get any decent defensive players in free agency now because they cant fucking pay them. 40% of the fucking salary cap is used up in 3 offensive players.   add in Demarcus & Zack and thats 60% of the whole fucking salary cap being used up by FIVE FUCKING PEOPLE.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Todd France did his job.

what I love about people saying he’s a great agent is that a nutless monkey could do his job. literally all he’s done for two years is just say “fuck you. no.” and after two years you get four for 160. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

what I love about people saying he’s a great agent is that a nutless monkey could do his job. literally all he’s done for two years is just say “fuck you. no.” and after two years you get four for 160. 

All true. I’m saying he got his client what he wanted. Low bar with the Jones family for sure. I just think it’s funny how Stephen and Jerruh are all smiley and yucking it up about the great deal they just did. It’s frustrating to watch. I can’t quit 100% on the Cowboys but I have diversified. I watch and am a fan of more than one team. 

All true. I’m saying he got his client what he wanted. Low bar with the Jones family for sure. I just think it’s funny how Stephen and Jerruh are all smiley and yucking it up about the great deal they just did. It’s frustrating to watch. I can’t quit 100% on the Cowboys but I have diversified. I watch and am a fan of more than one team. 

There is room on the Buffalo Bills bandwagon. That’s where I have migrated to with the state of the two “professional” football teams in Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hate said:

There is room on the Buffalo Bills bandwagon. That’s where I have migrated to with the state of the two “professional” football teams in Texas.

They’ve done some great things. I used to be in a FFL (the commish passed away) so I can watch the Red Zone easily. I love football regardless so if I am gonna watch I have to have teams to root for and the two from Texas ain’t cutting it. Hence, more teams I like. I follow the Bills, Raiders, Seahawks, Chiefs, Bucs, the NFC East and AFC South. That’s a lot of teams. If Chicago gets Russ that would be exciting. But I will pretty much watch most any team. Lol.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

This. People are actually doing Jerry a favor when they claim he doesn't care about winning. Apathy is one thing, and plenty of owners have it. Incompetence is far worse. 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Hate said:

Well they have a better, more dynamic qb than us. So there’s that

Andrea Bang Fighting GIF by Kim's Convenience

im also a josh Allen Stan though and I think his potential is limitless. Plus he has that same “I’m not just a qb, I’m a football player” mentality as Dak. 

This is why marquee franchises shouldn't go 25+ years without a championship. The fans turn crazy. All teams deal with a salary cap and teams with good QB's pay a lot for them. I seriously don't understand the "let him walk and draft a QB" talk. For one, its not easy to draft QBs, just look up all the first rounders who have busted. Second, the team is always mediocre, never bad enough to get a top 3 pick, so there goes that chance at top tier QB prospects. And third, Dak puts up numbers, he's a good QB. I know I can't convince many of you of that, but it's true, and we'll just have to keep bickering until we win something. And none of this is meant to support Jerry, he sucks and is a big problem, but finding a QB in the 4th round that is really good means you pay him. Period. By next year Dak will be 4th or 5th in QB pay. That's just how the market seems to work.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, futureman said:

He wants to win yet every move he makes is counter productive to winning. Meanwhile his bank gets bigger and bigger. Keep telling yourself that.

Jerry Jones doesn't give a single fuck about winning. If being GM was costing him money he wouldn't do it anymore. That's all that matters.

Edited by Pam Cummings

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This is why marquee franchises shouldn't go 25+ years without a championship. The fans turn crazy. All teams deal with a salary cap and teams with good QB's pay a lot for them. I seriously don't understand the "let him walk and draft a QB" talk. For one, its not easy to draft QBs, just look up all the first rounders who have busted. Second, the team is always mediocre, never bad enough to get a top 3 pick, so there goes that chance at top tier QB prospects. And third, Dak puts up numbers, he's a good QB. I know I can't convince many of you of that, but it's true, and we'll just have to keep bickering until we win something. And none of this is meant to support Jerry, he sucks and is a big problem, but finding a QB in the 4th round that is really good means you pay him. Period. By next year Dak will be 4th or 5th in QB pay. That's just how the market seems to work.

I agree with all of this for the most part. The only logical argument behind letting him walk would’ve been to just dive head first into a true rebuild. Trading assets for top 50 picks, securing a top 5 pick, etc. We haven’t really done that in a long time. But I don’t trust jerruh and Stephen to make that work, and jerruh is too old to have the patience for a true rebuild.

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

But but Dak is just a checkdown passer....Lmao. And his OL play has been pretty fucking bad aside from his rookie year.

Lol Vic doesn’t realize that you tend to get pressured more when you hold on to the ball and try to throw down field haha. He thinks it’s all just the oline’s fault. It’s laughable. Kellen Moore likes throwing downfield. He’s helped turn Dak into a much better player. But you’ll never understand that.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Regardless of where you stand in this whole debate, this is just fucking hilarious...

“cap hit” isn’t what we are paying him this year. we’re paying him around $75MM this year.  it’s a dumb tweet for dumb people. 

• Fuck You 1

36 minutes ago, futureman said:

“cap hit” isn’t what we are paying him this year. we’re paying him around $75MM this year.  it’s a dumb tweet for dumb people. 

No it's not. No one other than the Joneses are paying a single red cent towards Dak's contract. The only thing anyone other than them cares about is how much his contract affects the cap. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

If I hear one more person defend the decision by talking about the QB market and that being the way it is, I’m gonna lose it. Teams set markets. Dallas does not have to participate, and shouldn’t have done so. In fact Super Bowl winning teams do not do this. 

hah.  we are literally the joneses.  they get off by setting markets.  

14 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

If I hear one more person defend the decision by talking about the QB market and that being the way it is, I’m gonna lose it. Teams set markets. Dallas does not have to participate, and shouldn’t have done so. In fact Super Bowl winning teams do not do this. 

With a $180 million cap, Dak's cap charge for the upcoming year will be about 12.2% of the cap which coincidentally happens to be the exact same % charge that Tom Brady had on the Buccaneers' cap last season. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1