2021 transfer thread

Machinator

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah I couldn't recall his exact phrasing and didn't want to get it wrong for fear of sydney carton going scorched earth on my ass.

It's SydneyCarton, you goddamn stupid motherfucking motherfucker. THERE IS NO SPACE. I'm a goddamn fucking "old timer" now and have been posting here for years GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!

DependablePowerfulHarlequinbug-max-1mb.g

• Haha 6

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone is going to need to remind me what happens when this guy realizes no one has any interest in him as a player? We don't have to let him have his scholarship back if he takes his name out of the portal, do we? I refuse to get ahead of myself and get excited about this until we're sure he absolutely won't be back. 

Some FCS team will take him simply based on where he is coming from. Sam Houston usually takes our duds, no matter how bad they underperform here.

37 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Some FCS team will take him simply based on where he is coming from. Sam Houston usually takes our duds, no matter how bad they underperform here.

As a SHSU fan I'm not sure how I'd feel about Epps using a scholarship there.  I mean - the FCS is filled with really talented try-hard 5'7" DB's - and Epps has already proven that his size offers no advantage.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone is going to need to remind me what happens when this guy realizes no one has any interest in him as a player? We don't have to let him have his scholarship back if he takes his name out of the portal, do we? I refuse to get ahead of myself and get excited about this until we're sure he absolutely won't be back. 

rG8Vdd9b0UBD.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, texifornia said:

Oh this is DELICIOUS

LOL I wonder if they told him he had to play defense. Were we in contention for him? His most recent Twitter follow is Cole Moore (our Asst Director of Player Personnel)

Also I expect this thread to add like 20 pages this week. It's Portal Week people!!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

One of them said it was the LB they were monitoring 

Yea, Nahlin said this was the “other LB” they were monitoring but I could have sworn it was TFB and Super K who said there was a LB from the South that wasn’t in the portal yet. 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Other way around. It's in every thread at this point, he wanted defense.

This makes no sense at all. It’s harder to find a good LB than a good WR, especially in this state, why wouldn’t aggy let him play LB. We’ve all spent a year saying that was his more natural position anyway.

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't remember him playing any D at NS in the playoffs, did he? 

(I know I saw him take several bubble screens 80+ yards.)

4 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

This makes no sense at all. It’s harder to find a good LB than a good WR, especially in this state, why wouldn’t aggy let him play LB. We’ve all spent a year saying that was his more natural position anyway.

I have no idea. @golfclap you seem clued in here - what's his deal?

Edited by texifornia

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

8257464.jpg

the reality is that the WR recruiting has been a real fucking dumpster fire in Lit Station. Right now this is your rolling 3 year WR room. They have 4 guys, mostly full on spares, from THREE classes. In the state of Texas. Look, kids today in Texas aren't going to go from playing in the modern offenses they've grown up in to a overly-complex old school system that keeps them on the sidelines for 2+ seasons while they learn -- only to be rarely targeted in that passing game. They also have played with all of these QBs and know what they are capable of. 

rolling 3 year WR room (I could be missing someone as I did this from memory) :: 

Shadrach Banks. 

Demond Demas. 

Moose Muhammed. 

Devin Price. 

Dylan Wright. 

Kam Brown. 

Kenyon Jackson. 

Chase Lane. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

8257464.jpg

the reality is that the WR recruiting has been a real fucking dumpster fire in Lit Station. Right now this is your rolling 3 year WR room. They have 4 guys, mostly full on spares, from THREE classes. In the state of Texas. Look, kids today in Texas aren't going to go from playing in the modern offenses they've grown up in to a overly-complex old school system that keeps them on the sidelines for 2+ seasons while they learn -- only to be rarely targeted in that passing game. They also have played with all of these QBs and know what they are capable of. 

rolling 3 year WR room (I could be missing someone as I did this from memory) :: 

Shadrach Banks. 

Demond Demas. 

Moose Muhammed. 

Devin Price. 

Dylan Wright. 

Kam Brown. 

Kenyon Jackson. 

Chase Lane. 

A coaches son and some jags. Those RB better bulk up to handle the carries they are about to get

41 minutes ago, golfclap said:

8257464.jpg

Shadrach Banks. 

Demond Demas. 

Moose Muhammed. 

Devin Price. 

Dylan Wright. 

Kam Brown. 

Kenyon Jackson. 

Chase Lane. 

Did Demas get kicked off the team, or is he still "enrolled" at aggy?

IT

Spoiler

Shadrach Banks, Texas A&M via North Shore (2021):

It didn't take Banks long in College Station.

The former four-star wide receiver who enrolled early at Texas A&M entered the transfer portal today, sources tell IT. The list of accolades is long.

He was named the District 21-6A Offensive MVP as a senior and first-team MaxPreps All-American in 2020. Before missing most of the 2019 season due to injury, he helped North Shore to a 16-0 record and 6A D-I state title as a sophomore.

At 6-foot-1, 235 pounds, Banks went through spring camp with the Aggies before entering his name today. But sources say this had been building for a month or so. There might've been some rumored tension over his preferred position, but hearing both sides - Texas and Banks - are open to playing linebacker.

Banks and the Texas staff are expected to talk tonight, and also hearing TCU will be involved.

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

When do kids start leaving campus? I would assume around now with all the recent portals. 

There are places, like Texas or Michigan or, hell, even Texas ATM, where you can announce that you're transferring before you finish the semester. There are other places where you better have your shit packed and the car started if you're going to "betray" them and head south.

• Hook 'Em 2