2021 transfer thread

Machinator

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There are places, like Texas or Michigan or, hell, even Texas ATM, where you can announce that you're transferring before you finish the semester. There are other places where you better have your shit packed and the car started if you're going to "betray" them and head south.

Hmm perhaps OU or tOSU.

Edited by KYHorn

I'd take Banks on defense for sure but seems like he could kill it with Sark as a H-Back/move TE. Guess that is a spot where we don't really need numbers though.

It's pretty frustrating that we have so much room under the 85 but the 25 cap is limiting us (if it actually is). Seems guys are going to keep entering the portal that would be legit options for us.

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

I'd take Banks on defense for sure but seems like he could kill it with Sark as a H-Back/move TE. Guess that is a spot where we don't really need numbers though.

It's pretty frustrating that we have so much room under the 85 but the 25 cap is limiting us (if it actually is). Seems guys are going to keep entering the portal that would be legit options for us.

I’m not sure how much it’s really limiting us at this point. We seem to just keep being in in transfers that pop up.  I guess Sark brought over the Bama method of scholarship accounting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It seems stupid unless you've seen him play receiver.  He was a fucking monster on bubble screens last fall.  

He's also stupid fast for a 230-pound receiver.

So basically he has no idea how to run routes, and if you can't run routes for Jimbo you ain't playing. Just ask Preston, Wright, and Demas.

Holy shit, he was their only WR take in 2021. That room is a bigger disaster than ours.

10 hours ago, Machinator said:

Epps is out of here

Willy Wonka Stop GIF

10 hours ago, Machinator said:

Epps will graduate from Texas next month.

good on him

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m betting on USC. 

Meh is rested and ready in Albuquerque

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Banks really never was the same after his junior year leg and ankle injuries. Interested to see him try LB, but my guess is TCU is where he ends up. Evans I'm sure has been in his ear ... " You shouldn't have to wait to play, look at me"

Not true at all, he had a great senior season.

Roach on Shadrach Banks

Spoiler

— Harris's former teammate Shadrach Banks announced his intentions to enter the NCAA transfer portal today. The former four-star athlete enrolled at Texas A&M in January and is already planning on leaving. Texas reached out to make contact and set up a call with him tonight. While Banks can go either way, I believe Texas sees him as a linebacker at the next level. We'll dig around to see how the call went and follow up on it, but the Longhorns are definitely looking at every avenue they can find to improve the roster. TCU is also very much involved here and there's a lot of confidence in Fort Worth that the Frogs can land him.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Roach on Shadrach Banks

Reveal hidden contents

— Harris's former teammate Shadrach Banks announced his intentions to enter the NCAA transfer portal today. The former four-star athlete enrolled at Texas A&M in January and is already planning on leaving. Texas reached out to make contact and set up a call with him tonight. While Banks can go either way, I believe Texas sees him as a linebacker at the next level. We'll dig around to see how the call went and follow up on it, but the Longhorns are definitely looking at every avenue they can find to improve the roster. TCU is also very much involved here and there's a lot of confidence in Fort Worth that the Frogs can land him.

Wow, I honestly want to see him at WR, that man could probably come in right now at 230 and be the best playmaker at WR right now.

I say give him to coach Bec this summer and let him compete at WR for fall camp at 225. Dude was a baller and in case y’all forgot we’re not overflowing with playmakers at the WR position 

Edited by D3zii

He's already heavier than 230 and when O'Neal starts dunking on your ability to separate, well... 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Wow, I honestly want to see him at WR, that man could probably come in right now at 230 and be the best playmaker at WR right now.

I say give him to coach Bec this summer and let him compete at WR for fall camp at 225. Dude was a baller and in case y’all forgot we’re not overflowing with playmakers at the WR position 

That's what Worthy and (maybe) WRX are for.   Banks can be a similar body to Tuihalamaka, without the Polynesian super powers 

Rather have Tuihalamaka, personally

Edited by squeegeedegg

1 hour ago, squeegeedegg said:

He's already heavier than 230 and when O'Neal starts dunking on your ability to separate, well... 

That's what Worthy and (maybe) WRX are for.   Banks can be a similar body to Tuihalamaka, without the Polynesian super powers 

Rather have Tuihalamaka, personally

Idk. He's got upside and it wouldn't hurt to have another north shore guy on the team. 

7 hours ago, D3zii said:

This is great and all, except for that part where we’ve already discussed the simple fact that the guy doesn’t want to play WR, that and being lied to about getting a shot at LB are why he’s transferring, and he’d also help fill a need on the roster for multiple years at the position he actually wants to play. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, D3zii said:

Let's do the exact same thing that made him want to transfer the first time!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, D3zii said:

We aren’t overflowing at the LB position either, that’s why we’ve been going after every transfer LB worth a damn in the portal.

8 hours ago, D3zii said:

If a guy that weighs 230 and wants to play LB has such good athleticism that you want to see him play WR, then you stick at him at LB every time.

We can find elite athleticism at WR a lot more easily than we can at LB. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Super K notes on transfers

Spoiler

Texas has added some new pieces of late…

***Not sure what to make of the Ben Davis addition. Top player coming out of high school, has the measurables, father holds the Alabama record for career tackles. But logged very little in the way of stats during his years at Alabama. Alabama isn’t an easy place to play obviously and to his credit, despite the little production, he did get on the field. Again, not an easy task at Alabama.

At the end of the day, this is a guy Sark has seen in person and knows very well. So, it only makes sense to defer to him in a situation like this. He knows what he’s currently got on campus and he knows who Ben Davis is or isn’t.

***Texas has also added linebacker transfer, Devin Richardson out of New Mexico State. I haven’t had a chance to review his film or background yet but Darius will have notes on him, shortly.

***I am told that Texas is still in pursuit of USC LB transfer, Palaie Gaoteote.  Was told by folks in the know that landing him would be a slam dunk for Texas. He was not a guy USC wanted to lose. I do wonder if he ends up at Ohio State though. However, last I heard, the Buckeyes were also in the mix for Henry To’oto’o. Was told by a source close to To’oto’o that he is down to Bama and Ohio State. So, I guess, hope for Ohio State?

***Also, on the QB front, if Sark ends up feeling like Hudson Card is the guy, don’t be surprised if you start hearing word of Texas window shopping for a possible QB transfer to play back up.

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Does anyone have the list of remaining eligibility of the transfers so far as well as the transfers we are in the running for?

Thornton - 1 year

Davis - 1  year

Oghuofo - 3 years

Richardson - 3 years

Gaoteote - 2 years

Dunn - 1 year

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1