2021 transfer thread

Machinator

You would think Sark's offense would be an edge in fighting Fatterson for Banks. Even if his focus is on LB (and that seems to be where we want him as well) he could probably still crack the field as a FR just being worked into the screen game. Its not like we are exactly stacked at wideout with guys who are good after the catch. Especially if Jake Smith remains perpetually injured. 

I know its hardly some ground breaking thought or anything but I am surprised this isn't getting mentioned at all with Banks. Especially with regards to what could give us an edge over the accursed frogs. 

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

What part of "he's transferring because he wants to play linebacker" is difficult to grasp here?

The part where in almost every single insider write up about the kid it mentions teams offering him the ability to play both sides of the ball? Almost as if this is perhaps something he values? Banks knows his future is at LB. That isn't the same thing as him not wanting to see the field on offense at all. TCU is offering early playing time as its major argument for why he should head that way. We can offer him the same on offense while still letting him spend the vast majority of his time working with and developing at LB. Would hardly be the first player we kept in specific packages while they transitioned fully to a different role. 

13 hours ago, Fud said:

Sark seems like he really doesn’t want to lose to Louisiana or arkansas 

Well, in all fairness, Louisiana & Arkansas aren't exactly Maryland.

12 hours ago, texifornia said:

That's a near D'Brickashaw level name right there: 

https://247sports.com/player/georquarius-spivey-46042686/

12 hours ago, RollLeft said:

See the source image

^

^

|

...closer.

I was thinking more along the lines of "HAIR" and "The Age of Geor'Quarius"...

Spoiler

age-of-aquarius.png?resize=613,605&ssl=1

12.15.20_TSE_AgeofAquarius_MainArt_Final

From-Pisces-to-Aquarius-1080x675.jpg

img_20190218_132834-13395394160583322984

hair-1a33d9997cc1857f.jpg

13 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Was his body type always like that?  He looks way out of shape even for LB.

Running 23mph and being considered "out of shape" doesn't really compute to me. But I get it, her doesn't have the physique of a man you are normally attracted to nttiawwt.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Running 23mph and being considered "out of shape" doesn't really compute to me. But I get it, her doesn't have the physique of a man you are normally attracted to nttiawwt.

I mean that’s why I’m asking.  A guy like Jordan Whittington was getting clocked around 22mph with pads on.  Hard for me to imagine Banks looking like 240 is hitting higher numbers.  Not sure how accurate that machine is.  I know he doesn’t like college station, but I’ve also read their coaches think he needs to lose a lot of weight and aren’t putting much effort into keeping him there.  I’ve been following recruiting long enough to know that early transfers like this usually correlate to a high bust rate.  Regardless, our LB room is hot mess so bring him on board if he wants in.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/26/2021 at 1:01 PM, closetojumping said:

I’m betting on USC. 

Good call, If it weren't for you telling me this a week ago, I would've thought even USC wouldn't bother with this one, but they love their mediocre players from Texas. I can see the upside in Ingram, but this and some of their TXHS takes are not awe-inspiring. Feels like some guys are just trying to justify their paychecks.

28 minutes ago, Machinator said:

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Looks like he was in the dog house for not doing his classwork and missing a couple of practices. Based on the article there is a hint of head case issues.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/notre-dame-wide-receiver-jordan-johnson-enters-transfer-portal

Skipping classes, and to a lesser degree practices, can be a sign of depression. 

Living in South Bend from August through May has been found to be a leading cause of depression among college-aged kids. 

Maybe the kid likes sunshine and warm temperatures and didn’t realize how much worse South Bend could be in relation to St. Louis.