2022 House Elections

Pancho

6 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You don't get to tell me who I like or dislike.  The only group I dislike -- and I cannot stand them -- are woke white lefties.

No I get to tell you like it is. You just don’t want to ever hear it.

It’s totally ok to be a selfish asshole. I have absolutely no problem with that. 

What I do have a problem is with selfish assholes like you who pretend they are not. That to me is very annoying and I call it out whenever I see it. 

7 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You don't get to tell me who I like or dislike.  The only group I dislike -- and I cannot stand them -- are woke white lefties.

You hate them because they vote Democratic. Just like you hate black people for doing the same. That’s why you constantly denigrate black people on this board as stupid. 

You have issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

New Mexico told R to fuck off, Maryland could’ve made them scream uncle but kept some around like a cat that plays with a mouse, and California squeezed out what they could with a commission that put 3 more R seats in contention.

Nevada flipped a coin betting on good participation every cycle.

Marc Elias vs Dave Wasserman vs Michael McDonald is a fun Twitter circle of “you’re wrong,loser”

Edited by StassneyHorn

11 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

New Mexico told R to fuck off, Maryland could’ve made them scream uncle but kept some around like a cat that plays with a mouse, and California squeezed out what they could with a commission that put 3 more R seats in contention.

Nevada flipped a coin betting on good participation every cycle.

Marc Elias vs Dave Wasserman vs Michael McDonald is a fun Twitter circle of “you’re wrong,loser”

McDonald seems close to taking it to the streets.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano

• 3 weeks later...

ohio supreme court struck down the GOP maps as being gerrymandered

edit: nm that's the maps for the state house

edit2: ohio supreme court is also reviewing the US congressional map, i would assume that this state house case is informative of what will happen in that case considering the main thrust of both suits is that the maps violated a voter-approved ohio constitution change from 2018

Edited by elfenix

15 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

It’s looking like Ohio’s map will be carved back up ( not official yet tho) and North Carolina’s unfortunately might be used in the 2022 election. The NC Supreme Court will hopefully step in and mitigate some of the damage.

I believe NC Supreme court just tossed it back and said they're not doing shit. 

Ohio has a Republican justice who sided with the democrats on the state house and state senate maps. She will almost certainly side with democrats again on the Ohio US house map. The downside is she is supposedly retiring at the end of this year. Ohio has all these rules where if they don’t agree they have to draw a new map but it’s only in effect for 4 years?   Would this second map last 10 years or just 4 years?  I’m so confused by their rules. 

The gerrymandering is egregious in both Ohio and North Carolina  considering how close their national elections are.

Edited by Voldemort86

Top reasons for not seeking reelection:  

on one side:  "Retirement.  Be with family.  Running for higher office." 

on the other:  "Retirement.  Trump.  Sexual Misconduct."  

You stay classy, MAGA Nation! 

well this is a relief. I was worried she would take early retirement

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Tuesday that she plans to run for reelection, aiming to extend her more than 30-year run in Congress.

"I am running for reelection to Congress and respectfully seek your support," Pelosi, a Democrat from California, said in a video message posted on her political Twitter account. "I would be greatly honored by it and grateful for it."

• Haha 1

well this is a relief. I was worried she would take early retirement
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Tuesday that she plans to run for reelection, aiming to extend her more than 30-year run in Congress.
"I am running for reelection to Congress and respectfully seek your support," Pelosi, a Democrat from California, said in a video message posted on her political Twitter account. "I would be greatly honored by it and grateful for it."

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Alabama had their map rejected by Fed court over not creating a 2nd majority minority seat. Going to Supreme Court. Could have implications in Louisiana and South Carolina.

The Supreme Court has stayed out of gerrymandering cases in the past and left them up to the states. I doubt the Supreme Court will pick this one up.

This one of very few logical explanations. She’s 80 whatever, rich as hell, and likely headed for the minority. Nationally, she’s a liability for democrats in competitive races as the right has a Hillary like hate for her. The only reasons not to step away and live out your remaining years at a very high level of comfort are being a good solider and not wanting to create the headline, or addiction to power.

On 10/19/2021 at 3:50 PM, Tuco said:

NE1 Rep, Jeff Fortenberry, indicted for lying to FBI regarding illegal Nigerian campaign contributions. Doesn’t matter, Nebraska.

It looks like this is heading for an ugly primary. 

State Senator Mike Flood has announced a challenge to Fortenberrry, and picked up endorsements from the current governor and a past governor. 

Last week, Fart came out with an attack ad against Flood: 

"Joe Biden has created a dangerous crisis at our border and now illegal immigrants are flooding into America in record numbers," the ad states. "What is Mike Flood's position on immigration? It's the same as Joe Biden's. Mike Flood supported giving taxpayer-funded tax credits to illegal immigrants."

That is referencing a vote ten years ago to not require legal status to receive state-provided prenatal care. 

The fact that Fart is swinging this hard, this early shows that he doesn't see himself as a frontrunner.  If he did, he would be focused on consolidating the Republican vote, not flinging seriously thin shit about pre-natal care.  

Still won't matter.  Still Nebraska.  Whether it's Flood or Fortenberry, it's still the idiot death cult.  But fuck it, part of me is holding out hope for a GOP schism to give Patty Pansing Brooks the spot for a term.  (I really wish she went by "Patricia Brooks"; she is a lovely women, but her name sounds like it's from a Mary Poppins book.)