Shooting at Buffalo, Minnesota Health Clinic

Mrs Whiggins

Despite some reports early on of explosive devices, Joe Holler with Wright County said that there were no bombs or explosives detonated.

According to WCCO (CBS affiliate in MSP), there was no bombs involved.

Press conference from the governor at 2:00PM, the local officials at 3:00PM.

If I had to guess, I'm going to say disgruntled employee or patient.

Sherriff ID'd suspect, but I didn't get the name.  Suspect has history with both Buffalo PD and Wright County Sheriff Office dating back to 2003. Several explosives devices were found in his hotel room at the neighboring Super 8, Minneapolis PD bomb squad/ATF working the scene.

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

According to WCCO (CBS affiliate in MSP), there was no bombs involved.

Press conference from the governor at 2:00PM, the local officials at 3:00PM.

If I had to guess, I'm going to say disgruntled employee or patient.

Thanks for updating the thread, got busy and didn't check back in.

Send him to stay with the Sackler family as part of their pharma empire rehabilitation.

Suspect is Gregory Paul Ulrich (only suspect, acted alone)

• 67 years old
  • He is a local and is known to the police, been numerous calls about him for years
  • There was a "suspicious package" which is why the bomb squad was there.
  • He had been staying at the nearby Super 8 motel, also found some "suspicious packages" so it is evacuated.
  • Search warrants have been issued (didn't say for what, but probably any of the suspect's properties/vehicles)
  • 5 patients, all eventually sent/transferred to Level 1 trauma centers, 3 directly, two transferred from the local hospital.

Q&A:

Police not ready to say if the patients were staff, patients at the clinic, or if any have died. Cannot say if the shooter said or did anything at the clinic before opening fire, but they don't think so.

They believe he targeted the facility, or someone who was working at that facility. This is based on law enforcement's previous interactions with him, and his history of violence. Other clinics in town had him on their black list due to his actions. He had a notorious reputation among the healthcare providers in the area.

(Doesn't sound like anything other than an unhinged person who finally flipped.)

They do not believe it is connected to the CEO's daughter's death.