Bourbon

Jimbaround

7 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Just found Blanton’s on the shelf in Wilmington, DE like it was no big deal. Shopkeep seemed surprised that I’d had trouble finding it. $79.99

Trying figure out how much I can cram in my checked bag tomorrow.

You can always buy a bigger bag...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

I'm not hoarding it but I buy it whenever I find it for a fair price, $60 or so. I only find 3-4 bottles a year in KS that aren't marked up too high. I have 1 3/4 bottles on the shelf currently.

Hoarding is fine. Let greenspoint cry in his drink at the local bar when he doesn't have Blantons at home.

Are we really hoarding blantons now? Lolll

I haven’t seen it on the shelf in the Atlanta area in years, and the one seller that said he could get it said it would be $100. But we have Eagle Rare everywhere for less than $30 and some on this thread have had trouble finding that.

6 hours ago, huge said:

What is the consensus on Barrel Bourbon?  I saw 7, 8b and 12 today for $80.  

Some of it is pretty good.  I have an OLC store pick 9e 9 yr and it’s good if not great. Probably wouldn’t take it over a good Four Roses store pick for less money though.  

And all you Blanton’s fans should be buying Gold and SFTB from overseas.  If you would contemplate spending $100 for regular single barrel the Gold will blow your mind for less money.  

20 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I pulled a bottle of Elijah Craig Bottle Proof and Antique out of the much maligned Spec’s tonight. I found one location in the city that will work with me. 

If any of y’all are at FFA Convention in College Station, they have Rebell Yell Single Barrel. 

You should take Elijah Craig back. It's no fun if you can't open it.