Bourbon

Jimbaround

6 minutes ago, TxTower said:

Let us know as you get thru it if it’s a “buy again”.

Plenty left at the local Specs and some Nulu. Both seem to be more MGP finished distillate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd buy it again. I'm not sure what MGP's high rye bourbon recipe is, but I like it. 

I wish it were a little cheaper, but everything new costs at least $50 these days. 

11 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Well... couldn't you just open it and find out?

Perfectly fair point. I’m out of the country for a few weeks and just happened to see it in that photo of potential employee gifts. I was bored and curious with no current ability to open it so I figured I’d see what you fine gentlemen thought of it. 

2 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

Perfectly fair point. I’m out of the country for a few weeks and just happened to see it in that photo of potential employee gifts. I was bored and curious with no current ability to open it so I figured I’d see what you fine gentlemen thought of it. 

How have the duty free shops been treating you lately? 

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

How have the duty free shops been treating you lately? 

Nothing to write home about from what I’ve been seeing lately. Every bourbon I saw was very pedestrian. I don’t drink much scotch so not sure if the quality was actually higher, but the selection seemed to be way better in that regard. 

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Being friends with BigD has its benefits. And I’m not even talking about the occasional late afternoon dick pic c0bad80a4dfead124d1c8a1f3ac199cf.jpg

That was the reason behind the zoom call last night with Freddie.  That is him on the sticker and we sent him a bottle and he cracked it with us and shot the shit with us for 4 hours last night.  Dude is something else.  Just an awesome guy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

That was the reason behind the zoom call last night with Freddie.  That is him on the sticker and we sent him a bottle and he cracked it with us and shot the shit with us for 4 hours last night.  Dude is something else.  Just an awesome guy.

Did you ask Freddie when the Pappy and BTAC is getting to Texas? I’m getting might nervous about Christmas. 

I want to do a private bottling run of bourbon for some friends and professional network and so forth. I used to make a few cases of loquat  liqueur every year but I don’t have time these days.
Does Caskers still do private label bourbon? Anybody got better options?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

How would you rank these bottles in a raffle? Not looking to flip them

Lot B

WLW

Weller Single Barrel

Weller 12

Weller Full Proof

Weller CYPB 

Blanton's

Old Fitz

Michter's Rye Barrel Strength

ETL

Four Roses OBSO

Parkers Heritage (Heavy Char)

Angels Envy Bourbon Madeira Cask 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

How would you rank these bottles in a raffle? Not looking to flip them

Lot B

WLW

Weller Single Barrel

Weller 12

Weller Full Proof

Weller CYPB 

Blanton's

Old Fitz

Michter's Rye Barrel Strength

ETL

Four Roses OBSO

Parkers Heritage (Heavy Char)

Angels Envy Bourbon Madeira Cask 

1) WLW

2) Parker’s 

3) Lot B

4) CYPB

5) W12

6) Full Proof

7) Weller Single Barrel

8.) Old Fitz

9) Michter’s

10) OBSO

11) ETL

12) Blanton’s 

Don’t buy Angel’s Envy.

10 minutes ago, Litig8r said:

Here is that fine shit for sale for a good cause...only the surly1% need apply.   https://one.bidpal.net/kybourbon/browse/6  

Smoke Wagon Rare and Limited going for $32k. Well I guess I’m rich now. 

Willett SiB 16 years old is probably amazing. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

1152569536_ScreenShot2021-12-20at5_48_38PM.png.51789f93784b601de6bdeaad75cc39ae.png

True story. I bought this bottle at MSRP ($350) back in 2011 at Wiggy's Liquor down on East 6th. Spent all day calling around liquor stores looking for a bottle of the PVW23, and was about to give up when I struck gold. Shit was fucking delicious.

Found the old thread at the shag: http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/93435-The-Holy-Grail-of-Bourbon

And yes, I want to punch 2011 me straight in the balls for describing it as "impossibly smooth". 

Edited by RichUT
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1152569536_ScreenShot2021-12-20at5_48_38PM.png.51789f93784b601de6bdeaad75cc39ae.png
True story. I bought this bottle at MSRP ($350) back in 2011 at Wiggy's Liquor down on East 6th. Spent all day calling around liquor stores looking for a bottle of the PVW23, and was about to give up when I struck gold. Shit was fucking delicious.
Found the old thread at the shag: http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/93435-The-Holy-Grail-of-Bourbon
And yes, I want to punch 2011 me straight in the balls for describing it as "impossibly smooth". 
So did you drink it all or what? What are you using the decanter for now?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk