Bourbon

Jimbaround

Went to Binny’s up here last night to hunt and they had McKenna in the glass case high value bourbon room under lock and key with a “limit 1” sign. Sold for $40. If we weren’t in the twilight zone before, we certainly have arrived. Meanwhile larceny was on sale for $21. Picked up several of those

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 12:19 PM, Coyote said:

Nope. I was just out there all last week and went to both Pinkies and WB. Had them search their system for a number of good bottles and nada. I think the local bourbon group scoops up everything allocated out there. I went to Pinkies on Andrews Hwy at 10:30 one Thursday morning about 6 months ago (day the truck comes). The lady sold the entire case of W12 to the first guy that came in at 10.

Thanks man. I'll probably pick up a bottle of Blood Oath before I leave. It's a good box for traveling. 

I'm trying to keep my spending up at the store that shall not be named. They have been kind to me recently. 

28 minutes ago, ERhine said:

That’s on Otis. You don’t take a good bottle into an environment where you don’t know how it will be treated. He’s guilty of bottle endangerment in my opinion.

Exactly right.  I'll have bourbon around for Thanksgiving & Christmas, but I decide who is served what.

3 hours ago, ERhine said:

That’s on Otis. You don’t take a good bottle into an environment where you don’t know how it will be treated. He’s guilty of bottle endangerment in my opinion.

Saw the father of a famous aggy QB mix PVW 23 with coke. The owner of the bottle was not amused. Bottle endangerment is a real thing.

3 hours ago, ERhine said:

Trying to be a good neighbor...he's a broker who has been  gifting me good tips. and he's a sc fan so it was nice to watch him whimper.  Plus, total wine has had cases of the Chew in the front room, so I've got a shelf full. The good stuff is going to the cabin for Thanksgiving with my BIL, who is a really good guy, and respects the labels.

Owner of our company took 2 of us to his ranch outside Tulsa last weekend.  We supplied 2 Blantons Gold, 1 Blantons and 1 ECBP and they were empty in a startlingly short amount of time.

Owner and his buddy moved to scotch by Saturday night and we finished the rest of the BBA Praries.

Not one coke was harmed.  3 doe were thoe.

Edited by huge
oklahoma

4a9fcf3b3ade279a0bf90a6d5b773b32.jpg
As expected this has the familiar Balcones profile but it’s very sweet. And for being 122 proof, extremely smooth. Big vanilla bomb on the front end and spice on the finish.
Not sure if I would buy another bottle with it being $80 but I’m definitely going to enjoy this while I have it.

Oh and hello...$24, don’t mind if I do. Thanks Spec’s. :)
2c632426a775765cfb47d972bbbf3613.jpg

• Like 2

Probably old news, but first time I heard of it:  At Specs today and the will-call guy was telling me the owner of 8th Row Flint (Yale and 11th) has a deal each Dec 26th where he calls in all his favors at Specs and sells all his allocated bourbons for cost (two of each of the pappy's and BTAC, and who knows what else).  Seems like a fun idea.

Edited by Jimbaround
Close parens...

Stopped by my local Spec's after work and confirmed they had received Weller 12. It was only allocated to those on the list. I was on the list once and never received a call. Back on the list today.

After putting me on the list, the spirits guy pulled out a bottle of Blanton's for me. For $54, I left much less disappointed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

4a9fcf3b3ade279a0bf90a6d5b773b32.jpg
As expected this has the familiar Balcones profile but it’s very sweet. And for being 122 proof, extremely smooth. Big vanilla bomb on the front end and spice on the finish.
Not sure if I would buy another bottle with it being $80 but I’m definitely going to enjoy this while I have it.

Oh and hello...$24, don’t mind if I do. Thanks Spec’s. :)
2c632426a775765cfb47d972bbbf3613.jpg

Thanks for posting. Was wondering how much Balcones made/has left for this weekend. May drive over there

56 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Buried in this thread I'm sure but too lazy to search - what's the story with the Weller 12 hit and miss stock? 

It's very popular.  Most stores keep it "in the back."  It pretty much sells out in a day or so.  Pretty much the same for the Antique.

Did a little hunting this morning. BT total wine store pick, OF 1910, and now meeting up with BigDhorn to receive my Balcones Wheated that he so graciously picked up for me. Got a call from my guy out west that he has a handle of W107 for $41 and 1L of W12 for $37. Christmas come early!

Grab me the 107 since you have so much of it already