Holton Hill

Machinator

23 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

The problem is by all accounts the coaching staff would say "Dude, you have to pee on Y date.  Stop smoking on X day to get clean."  And he couldn't do it. That's why NFL teams are leary.  They will go out of there way to help the pot heads piss clean, literally walking them through the process.  But you have to pay attention and do your part.

Hill is either too stupid, or incapable of stopping long enough to avoid failing the first test, which is known, circled on the calendar, and the team will help you get clean with "lifestyle assistance."  After that, he's subject to the random testing protocols.  All the other players in the league know the date and make sure they're clean so they can spend the rest of the year pulling tubes like a champ.

but college players have to piss all year.  NFL players piss one time, in the offseason.  there are plenty of raging potheads in the NFL who have never failed a test.  

43 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Stop the charade already. Weed needs to be taken off the NFL's banned substance list.

Oh, whatever.  If you can't stay off the stuff for a few days in advance of a known test once per year, you are too f'ing stupid to keep a job anyway.  I have zero sympathy for anybody who gets caught in that net.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Oh, whatever.  If you can't stay off the stuff for a few days in advance of a known test once per year, you are too f'ing stupid to keep a job anyway.  I have zero sympathy for anybody who gets caught in that net.

Agreed. But the shit is legal in like half the country now and seems to be far better for these guys than the opioids and pain killers given to them like Altoids.

I would expect it be bargained away in the the next CBA. The players will no doubt give a ransom for it.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yeah, Hill has gotten kicked off his college team and went undrafted because he can't fucking stop smoking weed for a couple weeks.  That's a pretty good indicator that his NFL days are numbered without some changes in his life.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Agreed. But the shit is legal in like half the country now and seems to be far better for these guys than the opioids and pain killers given to them like Altoids.

I would expect it be bargained away in the the next CBA. The players will no doubt give a ransom for it.

I think the majority sides with you on legalizing weed. But that's not the issue with Hill. It's the fact that he had multiple failed tests over the last few years and supposedly failed the combine test.

Playing in the NFL isn't a right. It's a privilege and the people that pay their salaries make the rules. Holton has shown that he has zero discipline to the point he has cost himself millions. 

I run a manufacturing and distribution company. Alcohol is legal and weed isn't in Texas.  If you are working for my company and test positive for alcohol or weed on a random UA you will be terminated. Every employee knows the consequences of their actions.

Same goes for Hill. He can't follow rules and that is why no one drafted him. Has nothing to do with laws.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I agree. Hill should not be allowed to operate heavy machinery at the manufacturing facility he will be working at if he's always high. 

He might get so crazy on the marijuanas he will miss a tackle and come flying through the TV screen and kill your Aunt Tillie on her settee. Just say no, kids. 

11 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I love the story of that dude that almost threw a no hitter while tripping on acid.

11 hours ago, PatSolitanojr said:

Dock Ellis did throw a no hitter on acid

He most certainly did, and my boy Keven McAlester (who would later earn a best documentary Oscar nomination) wrote an awesome article about it.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/balls-out-6381742

• Like 1

16 hours ago, C-Man said:

Just because the pain killers are horrible doesn't make weed good for you. People get addicted to the free dopamine high and eventually it can cause psychosis. 

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20110301/marijuana-use-linked-to-risk-of-psychotic-symptoms

They shouldn't be abusing any type of pain killer regularly. Sure, for acute injuries short-term use is ok, but with the amount of players getting addicted and ending up fucking their lives up it is risky.

• Fuck You 2

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

He most certainly did, and my boy Keven McAlester (who would later earn a best documentary Oscar nomination) wrote an awesome article about it.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/balls-out-6381742

I really felt bad for Kevin when he didn't get to the airport with his family and ended up staying in Chicago by himself for Christmas. That must have been pretty bad for a young boy. But at least he got an Oscar nomination out of it.

It's crazy to think he didn't learn his lesson, though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I really felt bad for Kevin when he didn't get to the airport with his family and ended up staying in Chicago by himself for Christmas. That must have been pretty bad for a young boy. But at least he got an Oscar nomination out of it.

It's crazy to think he didn't learn his lesson, though. 

'Home Alone' was in reality an LSD trip gone bad. Some Chicago teenager gets paranoid while trippin' alone at Christmas and almost kills two innocent water repair techs who had just stopped to check on the house at the parents' request. The real tragedy is that Joe Pesci didn't get a best supporting actor nom.

38 minutes ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Just because the pain killers are horrible doesn't make weed good for you. People get addicted to the free dopamine high and eventually it can cause psychosis. 

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20110301/marijuana-use-linked-to-risk-of-psychotic-symptoms

They shouldn't be abusing any type of pain killer regularly. Sure, for acute injuries short-term use is ok, but with the amount of players getting addicted and ending up fucking their lives up it is risky.

You know what’s more compelling than any webmd link? The fact that the entire world smokes pot and never goes into a state of psychosis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

You know what’s more compelling than any webmd link? The fact that the entire world smokes pot and never goes into a state of psychosis.

Super compelling. You should consider quitting for 3 months and let the chemicals in your brain balance out. 

• Fuck You 2

50 minutes ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Super compelling. You should consider quitting for 3 months and let the chemicals in your brain balance out. 

I’ve quit several times for several different reasons, and I’ll take the empirical and anecdotal evidence of literally hundreds of millions of marijuana users including myself over pretty much anything else. I’ve also been on pharmaceutical drugs my entire life and that experience has irrevocably proven that pharm drugs are about a billion times more dangerous for me than marijuana. 

Edited by Goo Punch

24 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I’ve quit several times for several different reasons, and I’ll take the empirical and anecdotal evidence of literally hundreds of millions of marijuana users including myself over pretty much anything else. I’ve also been on pharmaceutical drugs my entire life and that experience has irrevocably proven that pharm drugs are about a billion times more dangerous for me then marijuana. 

tumblr_nnyl02N3V81qlu8two1_500.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I’ve quit several times for several different reasons, and I’ll take the empirical and anecdotal evidence of literally hundreds of millions of marijuana users including myself over pretty much anything else. I’ve also been on pharmaceutical drugs my entire life and that experience has irrevocably proven that pharm drugs are about a billion times more dangerous for me than marijuana. 

That stinks.

I'm curious, what problem do the millions of weed users cure by smoking? Boredom? 

I think they are bored because their life has a lack of purpose, which can be satisfied with entertainment and dopimine hits from smoking weed. Problem is, this isn't once every 6 months, the typical user is a habitual smoker. This ends up replacing the purpose in life with the chemical rewards in the brain from smoking weed. 

http://perspectivesinmedicine.cshlp.org/content/2/8/a012229.full

Sure, tons of people get by while smoking weed everyday, I did in college. Then I grew up. 

Back to Holton Hill, hoping for the best for the man. It's tough to quit completely and go into the high stress situation of trying to make a pro football team. Praying for him.

• Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, Sidney Sherman said:

That stinks.

I'm curious, what problem do the millions of weed users cure by smoking? Boredom? 

I think they are bored because their life has a lack of purpose, which can be satisfied with entertainment and dopimine hits from smoking weed. Problem is, this isn't once every 6 months, the typical user is a habitual smoker. This ends up replacing the purpose in life with the chemical rewards in the brain from smoking weed. 

Sure, tons of people get by while smoking weed everyday, I did in college. Then I grew up. 

Back to Holton Hill, hoping for the best for the man. It's tough to quit completely and go into the high stress situation of trying to make a pro football team. Praying for him.

sounds like you need a bong rip

18 minutes ago, Sidney Sherman said:

That stinks.

know_how_to_party_waynes_world.gif

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, Sidney Sherman said:

That stinks.

So we're going there huh? Weed doesn't replace purpose in life, because there is no purpose in life. When you "find" your purpose in life it's still you rationalizing your time on this earth and how you choose to spend it. We all are born, exist, and then die. The purpose you claim for yourself won't stop this cycle, it'll just make you feel better for having endured it.

Holton Hill. There I'm on subject.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, futureman said:

sounds like you need a bong rip

Haha nope, that's the beauty of not being a pothead is I never need a substance to get by.

4 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

So we're going there huh? Weed doesn't replace purpose in life, because there is no purpose in life. When you "find" your purpose in life it's still you rationalizing your time on this earth and how you choose to spend it. We all are born, exist, and then die. The purpose you claim for yourself won't stop this cycle, it'll just make you feel better for having endured it.

Holton Hill. There I'm on subject.

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, baboso said:

Pothead?  Do you drink alcohol?  Use tobacco?

Yes drink, and no tobacco.

I quit dipping tobacco shortly after college. Quit smoking weed about a year after that. I drink enough to get drunk maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I'll have a couple of glasses of wine or one whiskey with dinner or watching a game once a week.

Edited by Sidney Sherman

1 hour ago, Sidney Sherman said:

I would that expect it more from this shit. Imagine the shops where they make these chemicals in China. Who knows.

k2.jpg

You should have seen the homeless in and around Hermann Park high on that kush shit when it was still legal. Fucking scary as fuck.

1 minute ago, mr. sunshine said:

It’s still legal if the lab doesn’t detect a scheduled controlled substance in it and those who make it usually stay a few steps in front of the government 

I heard the makers of that poison call it potpourri to try to get around the law.

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I heard the makers of that poison call it potpourri to try to get around the law.

It’s packaged as that, catnip,etc. but nonetheless we occasionally get video of a store clerk extolling it’s ability to fuck the buyer up. Then months later the lab report says no detectable controlled substance 

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You should have seen the homeless in and around Hermann Park high on that kush shit when it was still legal. Fucking scary as fuck.

Did a few shifts in the Ben Taub ER when I was in Houston... Had plenty of guys come in high off this stuff or unknowingly high on PCP that was laced into their weed.

4 hours ago, Sidney Sherman said:

I would that expect it more from this shit. Imagine the shops where they make these chemicals in China. Who knows.

k2.jpg

I used to buy a gram of that stuff and roll it all up into a joint and smoke the whole thing.  some of the weirdest times of my life.  

• Haha 1

Warning: this post has nothing to do with cannabis products.

It's hard to imagine Holton Hill landing in a better spot. I shouldn't have to tell anybody on this board Mike Zimmer's bona fides as a DB coach. And who is Minnesota's current DB coach? Just some guy by the name of Jerry Gray.

If he makes the squad he could be starting in 2 years.

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

It's hard to imagine Holton Hill landing in a better spot. I shouldn't have to tell anybody on this board Mike Zimmer's bona fides as a DB coach. And who is Minnesota's current DB coach? Just some guy by the name of Jerry Gray.

dude.  this is the weed thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

The challenge will actually be making the squad. Vikings had three highly drafted CB in or near their prime (Waynes, Alexander, Rhodes) going into the draft, then they drafted another one in the first this year (Mike Hughes from UCF), and re-signed Terence Newman. I guess Marcus Sherels could be on the bubble since Hughes offers return ability, and that was Sherels' primary value (I think).

Edited by Machinator