2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Went to the hooks game last night.  They were giving away Bregman bobble heads and it was dollar hotdog night.  Food lines were ridiculous and whataburger ran out of food.  Great night despite all that. Pedro Leon has a long way to go.  He’s currently under the Mendoza line

Edited by kevwun

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Went to the hooks game last night.  They were giving away Bregman bobble heads and it was dollar hotdog night.  Food lines were ridiculous and whataburger ran out of food.  Great night despite all that. Pedro Leon has a long way to go.  He’s currently under the Mendoza line

Did you see Bermudez pitch?  He's been killing AA this season and I wouldn't be surprised if the Astros give him a shot before the trade deadline if he keeps it up.

Bermudez and France combined for a 4 hit shutout.  He doesn’t throw very hard.  I don’t think he hit 90 all night and sat around 85 and lower I would say.  Hard to get a feel for his stuff because we were sitting by 3rd base.  France was better last night I would say, but it’s just one game.

Edited by kevwun

17 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Fuck yeah

I am a big fan of that guy and hope he gets a chance at the next level to prove himself as a Tony Kemp type

Dawson is currently striking out less than 16% of his PAs. In 2019 he was around 30%, mostly in AA. He's not even at 100 PAs yet, so it is obviously early, but may be interesting to watch. I *think* K% tends to stabilize fairly quickly in the course of a season. His swinging strike % is way down so far. If this is a real improvement, he has a shot.